06/28/2012 Sealed Deck Builder

36 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Sealed Deck Builder, which goes live Thursday morning on magicthegathering.com.
Blue-White Flyers

This Deck was built in 0:14:59

Total Deck Size: 40
18 Lands
---------------
11 Island
7 Plains

13 Creatures
---------------
1 Angel of Glory's Rise
2 Archangel
1 Cathedral Sanctifier
2 Gryff Vanguard
1 Moorland Inquisitor
1 Nephalia Smuggler
1 Scrapskin Drake
1 Seraph of Dawn
3 Wingcrafter

9 Other Spells
---------------
1 Amass the Components
1 Bladed Bracers
1 Call to Serve
1 Favorable Winds
1 Geist Snatch
1 Into the Void
1 Mass Appeal
1 Peel from Reality
1 Second Guess

This Deck was built in 0:18:49

18 Lands
---------------
12 Island
2 Mountain
4 Plains

15 Creatures
---------------
1 Angel of Glory's Rise
1 Archwing Dragon
1 Cathedral Sanctifier
2 Elgaud Shieldmate
2 Gryff Vanguard
1 Moorland Inquisitor
1 Nephalia Smuggler
1 Scrapskin Drake
1 Seraph of Dawn
3 Wingcrafter
1 Zealous Conscripts

7 Other Spells
---------------
1 Amass the Components
1 Conjurer's Closet
1 Favorable Winds
2 Fleeting Distraction
1 Into the Void
1 Mass Appeal

R/W/U Flicker, utlizing Zealous Conscripts, Angel of Gloy's Rise, Cathedral Sanctifier, and Gryff Vangaurd 

Conjurer's Closet with Zealous Conscripts is actually a non-bo (Unless you're using something such as Bloodflow Connoisseur for value).  My list is similar to dantans, except with a Black splash instead of a Blue.  Green-red is just about two cards short of being playable alone, so I added a piece of premium removal and a midrange value card.

This Deck was built in 0:07:50

17 Lands
---------------
8 Forest
7 Mountain
2 Swamp

18 Creatures
---------------
1 Archwing Dragon
1 Borderland Ranger
1 Driver of the Dead
1 Fervent Cathar
1 Geist Trappers
1 Kessig Malcontents
1 Lightning Mauler
1 Nettle Swine
1 Nightshade Peddler
1 Pathbreaker Wurm
1 Somberwald Vigilante
2 Timberland Guide
1 Trusted Forcemage
1 Vorstclaw
1 Wildwood Geist
1 Wolfir Avenger
1 Zealous Conscripts

5 Other Spells
---------------
1 Dangerous Wager
1 Death Wind
1 Joint Assault
2 Lightning Prowess
Zealous Conscripts + Conjurer's Closet works great if you have a way to flicker the conscripts.  Or at the very least, you can untap any of your permanents at end of turn.
Ended up with a 4-color, 42-cards, Human-Only Deck.

This Deck was built in 0:28:15

Total Deck Size: 42
18 Lands
---------------
5 Forest
7 Island
3 Mountain
3 Plains

18 Creatures
---------------
1 Angel of Glory's Rise
1 Borderland Ranger
2 Elgaud Shieldmate
2 Gryff Vanguard
1 Kessig Malcontents
1 Lightning Mauler
1 Nephalia Smuggler
1 Nightshade Peddler
1 Somberwald Vigilante
2 Timberland Guide
1 Trusted Forcemage
3 Wingcrafter
1 Zealous Conscripts

6 Other Spells
---------------
1 Bladed Bracers
2 Fleeting Distraction
1 Gallows at Willow Hill
1 Mass Appeal
1 Peel from Reality

This was the first time I felt that there was a broader choice. I think the options were:

1) Human Skies

Pros: massive card advantage, good synergy, should win the grind with the gallows plus evasion creatures
Cons: slow, weak early on

2) Soulbond Stompy

Pros: Curves well, almost every card is a threat, creates pressure
Cons: Almost no removal, dies to bombs

3) Jund

Pros: Can deal with a variety of opponents (can blunt a fast deck, is reasonably resilient against tempo, can aggress a control deck)
Cons: Poor late game (unless you get the deathtouch pingers online!)

4) Aggro Humans

Pros: fast, good curve
Cons: lacks the better cards for this archetype, notably 2-drops

I decided to do something I rarely do and go for thriple colors, using bant with lots of flyers.
The bad side of this deck is the lack of removal, its wants to race the opponent, and basically plays a all or nothing style.

This Deck was built in 0:04:57

19 Lands
---------------
5 Forest
8 Island
6 Plains

18 Creatures
---------------
1 Angel of Glory's Rise
1 Archangel
1 Borderland Ranger
2 Elgaud Shieldmate
2 Gryff Vanguard
1 Holy Justiciar
1 Moorland Inquisitor
1 Nightshade Peddler
1 Scrapskin Drake
1 Seraph of Dawn
2 Timberland Guide
1 Trusted Forcemage
3 Wingcrafter

3 Other Spells
---------------
1 Favorable Winds
1 Mass Appeal
1 Peel from Reality

17 Lands ---------------
8 Forest
9 Island

16 Creatures ---------------
1 Borderland Ranger
1 Flowering Lumberknot
2 Gryff Vanguard
1 Havengul Skaab
1 Nephalia Smuggler
1 Nettle Swine
1 Nightshade Peddler
1 Scrapskin Drake
2 Timberland Guide
1 Trusted Forcemage
3 Wingcrafter
1 Wolfir Avenger

7 Other Spells ---------------
1 Amass the Components
1 Conjurer's Closet
1 Favorable Winds
1 Into the Void
1 Joint Assault
1 Mass Appeal
1 Peel from Reality

The deck has overwhelming amounts of card advantage, and is the kind of deck you want to have in a sealed environment.  There is no removal besides bounce, but you can race almost any deck with the bounce.  1 Mist Raven and this deck would be sick.

Combos:
Favorable Winds + entire deck (because of Wingcrafters). 
Timberland Guide + Conjurer's Closet or Nephalia Smuggler or Havengul Skaab or Peel from Realtiy
Borderland Ranger + Conjurer's Closet or Nephalia Smuggler or Havengul Skaab or Peel from Realtiy  
Gryff Vanguard + Conjurer's Closet or Nephalia Smuggler or Havengul Skaab or Peel from Realtiy  

Those combos also make pairing up Wincrafter with anything 'small' early on just fine, because you can consistently repair it based on bounce.

If you come across a deck that has a creature that is a must kill, boarding in Gallows is fine.   Also, Bower Passage is an amazing sideboard with this deck, making your creatures unblockable against any deck that may have primarily fliers.

The only splash I would play would be Death Wind, which is completely acceptable as a third color.  Conscripts is also a good choice, but at 6 cost, it is difficult to abuse when the rest of the deck is so aggressive.  Death Wind would probably accomplish the same goal as the Conscripts in most situations.

I didn't include the Bladed Bracers as I don't see the deck ever want to spend much time equipping/re-equipping.  With the amount of bouncing your own guys, you will rarely have unspent mana.

The only maindeck update I'd think about making is cutting the Shieldmate and adding an 18th land.  You never want to stumble on mana with this deck, and with two card draws, and the two cantrip guys, once you have the land you can draw out of any glut you might have.  Stumbling early would just be bad news.   

Freedom's just another word for nothing-left-to-lose. - Kris Kristoferson (sung by Janis Joplin)

The creature counts really play a role in colors sometimes.  G/W looks to be the optimal deck build from this set, yet I feel it is really lacking in some of the stronger G/W cards from this set.  Still, you have some interesting potential with this deck.

This Deck was built in 0:06:36

18 Lands
---------------
10 Forest
8 Plains

17 Creatures
---------------
1 Angel of Glory's Rise
2 Archangel
1 Borderland Ranger
1 Cathedral Sanctifier
1 Geist Trappers
1 Holy Justiciar
1 Midnight Duelist
1 Moorland Inquisitor
1 Nettle Swine
1 Nightshade Peddler
1 Pathbreaker Wurm
1 Seraph of Dawn
2 Timberland Guide
1 Trusted Forcemage
1 Wolfir Avenger

5 Other Spells
---------------
1 Bladed Bracers
1 Conjurer's Closet
1 Gallows at Willow Hill
1 Joint Assault
1 Terrifying Presence

Obviously the Conjurer's Closet has several targets here from land fetching to +1/+1 counters to mass ressurections.  I still don't know how strong I think Gallows at Willow Hill is in a draft.   I have 10 humans, but since it takes 3 untapped humans to use it, I almost wonder if it is a "helps you win more" type card, rather than a real power card.  Joint Assault is a really nice card, even if you don't get the bonus.  And early Nightshade Peddler should help you stabalize the board until you can get your more beefy guys out, and could get really nasty if paired with Moorland Inquisitor as first striking with deathtouch is just plain nasty.

I think this is the best deck from this set, but I wouldn't feel I have a real killer deck with it.  I am going to go back and look more deeply and see if there is an alternative concept hidden in these cards.  Sometimes the best decks in sealed are not the obvious ones. 
Ok, I have no idea what I was looking at, or not looking at.  How did I miss Blue in all that.... good gosh!!!

Ok, U/W fliers looks appealing, but for my taste U/G looks to way to go.  Tons of bounce + tons of come into play effects should make this deck very fun to play.  But it does lack removal.  Lots of options for sideboard as well.

This Deck was built in 0:06:26

18 Lands
---------------
10 Forest
8 Island

16 Creatures
---------------
1 Borderland Ranger
1 Elgaud Shieldmate
2 Gryff Vanguard
1 Nephalia Smuggler
1 Nettle Swine
1 Nightshade Peddler
1 Pathbreaker Wurm
1 Scrapskin Drake
2 Timberland Guide
1 Trusted Forcemage
3 Wingcrafter
1 Wolfir Avenger

6 Other Spells
---------------
1 Bower Passage
1 Conjurer's Closet
1 Favorable Winds
1 Into the Void
1 Joint Assault
1 Peel from Reality

The part that will take the most skill is figuring out which creatures do you "risk" in combat and which do you hold back for their affect/bounce options.  Cards like Nightshade Peddler rarely see combat time, but because all of these cards are combo-ish in the sense that they make others better or are good bounce effect guys, makes the selection of combat tools harder.  You just can't wait for Wolfir Avenger to show up to know who is going to be your warrior.  When you have a hand-full of your 1 and 2 cc guys, which ones are the soldiers will make the difference for this deck.

Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

I've seen angels fall from blinding heights. But you yourself are nothing so divine. Just next in line.

191752181 wrote:
All I'm saying is, I don't really see how she goes around petrifying swords and boots and especially mirrors. How the heck does she beat a Panoptic Mirror? It makes no sense for artifacts either. Or enchantments, for that matter. "Well, you see, Jimmy cast this spell to flood the mountain, but then the gorgon just looked at the water really hard and it went away."

This Deck was built in 0:05:58

17 Lands
---------------
10 Island
7 Mountain

16 Creatures
---------------
1 Archwing Dragon
2 Elgaud Shieldmate
1 Fervent Cathar
2 Gryff Vanguard
1 Kessig Malcontents
1 Lightning Mauler
1 Nephalia Smuggler
1 Scalding Devil
1 Scrapskin Drake
1 Somberwald Vigilante
3 Wingcrafter
1 Zealous Conscripts

7 Other Spells
---------------
1 Bladed Bracers
1 Favorable Winds
1 Into the Void
2 Lightning Prowess
1 Mass Appeal
1 Peel from Reality

Tried U/R Humans. Looks like fun to play. 

On the topic of Treasure Mage: Hello planeswalkers. Look at your hand, now back to me, now back to your hand, now back to me. Sadly, your hand doesn't have a big game-winning bomb in it, but if you searched through your library for an artifact with converted mana cost of 6 or greater, you could get one. Look down, now back up, shuffle your library. Where are you? You're in a Magic game, and you're losing. What's that in your hand? It's a Wurmcoil Engine. Look again, the Wurmcoil Engine is now a ticket to Nagoya. Anything is possible when you cast Treasure Mage. I'm on a dragon. Currently Playing: U/R Burning Vengeance Control 10-2 http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ur-burning-vengeance-2/

Tough build this time, but I really like the human tribal element that the 3 color deck can push.  

This Deck was built in 0:23:54

17 Lands
---------------
7 Forest
7 Island
3 Mountain

18 Creatures
---------------
1 Borderland Ranger
1 Elgaud Shieldmate
1 Geist Trappers
2 Gryff Vanguard
1 Kessig Malcontents
1 Lightning Mauler
1 Nephalia Smuggler
1 Nettle Swine
1 Nightshade Peddler
1 Scrapskin Drake
2 Timberland Guide
1 Trusted Forcemage
2 Wingcrafter
1 Wolfir Avenger
1 Zealous Conscripts

5 Other Spells
---------------
2 Fleeting Distraction
1 Into the Void
1 Joint Assault
1 Peel from Reality

This Deck was built in 0:13:08

17 Lands
---------------
9 Forest
7 Island
1 Mountain

19 Creatures
---------------
1 Borderland Ranger
2 Elgaud Shieldmate
1 Flowering Lumberknot
1 Geist Trappers
2 Gryff Vanguard
1 Nephalia Smuggler
1 Nightshade Peddler
1 Scrapskin Drake
2 Timberland Guide
1 Trusted Forcemage
1 Pathbreaker Wurm
3 Wingcrafter
1 Wolfir Avenger
1 Zealous Conscripts

4 Other Spells
---------------
1 Amass the Components
1 Into the Void
1 Joint Assault
1 Peel from Reality

- Bower Passage is not worth a card. Conjurer's Closet doesn't impact the board at all, splashing Zealous Conscripts instead. Soulbounds + Smuggler makes me able to confidently play the Flowering Lumberknot over Nettle Swine. Not playing the swine for curve purposes, but I could see cutting  the Pathbreaker wurm for it against an agressive deck.
This was an interesting pool.  All colors had playable cards.  I am also a big fan of Conjurer's Closet.  At worst it makes big fatties have vigilance, at best it allows you to keep the creature taken with Zealous Conscripts.  I decided to go GUr.  I was tempted to play more red, but GU tempo is so strong.  Here is what I ended up with.

This Deck was built in 0:05:16

17 Lands
---------------
10 Forest
6 Island
1 Mountain

19 Creatures
---------------
1 Borderland Ranger
2 Elgaud Shieldmate
1 Flowering Lumberknot
1 Geist Trappers
2 Gryff Vanguard
1 Nephalia Smuggler
1 Nettle Swine
1 Nightshade Peddler
1 Pathbreaker Wurm
1 Scrapskin Drake
2 Timberland Guide
1 Trusted Forcemage
2 Wingcrafter
1 Wolfir Avenger
1 Zealous Conscripts

4 Other Spells
---------------
1 Conjurer's Closet
1 Joint Assault
1 Mass Appeal
1 Peel from Reality

I considered putting in the third Wingcrafter, Kessig Malcontents, Natural End, and Wildwood Geist.  These are all worth sideboarding in for various matchups.  White was also strong, but too mana intensive with several cards that had WW in the cost.

Conjurer's Closet with Zealous Conscripts is actually a non-bo (Unless you're using something such as Bloodflow Connoisseur for value).

It's not a non-bo at all.  If Conjurer's Closet is out, and you cast Zealous Conscripts, you steal your opponents creature and at the end of turn, flicker you opponents creature that you control and you then control the creature permanently.
Conjurer's Closet doesn't impact the board at all

Except it gives your biggest creature vigilance and triggers enters the battlefield effects of 5 of your creatures.  I am not saying this makes it an auto include, but it is still something to consider.
also. STILL cant get my Duels of the planeswalkers 2013 for STEAM to work........ "unknow/fatl error"???? anyone else getting this problem?/what can i do for it...

This Deck was built in 0:03:33

20 Lands
---------------
11 Forest
5 Island
4 Mountain

16 Creatures
---------------
1 Borderland Ranger
1 Elgaud Shieldmate
1 Fervent Cathar
1 Flowering Lumberknot
1 Kessig Malcontents
1 Lightning Mauler
1 Nephalia Smuggler
1 Nightshade Peddler
1 Pathbreaker Wurm
1 Timberland Guide
1 Trusted Forcemage
1 Vorstclaw
2 Wingcrafter
1 Wolfir Avenger
1 Zealous Conscripts

4 Other Spells
---------------
1 Amass the Components
1 Conjurer's Closet
1 Joint Assault
1 Mass Appeal

RUG Humans!

This Deck was built in 0:15:51

Total Deck Size: 42
18 Lands
---------------
5 Forest
8 Island
5 Mountain

18 Creatures
---------------
1 Archwing Dragon
1 Borderland Ranger
2 Elgaud Shieldmate
1 Fervent Cathar
2 Gryff Vanguard
1 Kessig Malcontents
1 Lightning Mauler
1 Nephalia Smuggler
1 Nightshade Peddler
2 Timberland Guide
3 Wingcrafter
1 Wolfir Avenger
1 Zealous Conscripts

6 Other Spells
---------------
1 Amass the Components
1 Conjurer's Closet
1 Ghostform
1 Into the Void
1 Mass Appeal
1 Uncanny Speed

The thought of using Conjurer's Closet to permenantly steal my opponents' creature amuses me, especially if I can use the Smuggler to flicker the Conscripts and do it all again the next turn. All the card draw in the deck should, hopefully, help make that happen, and if things played out *really* well, I could get an Elgaud Shieldmate paired with the Smuggler, and the other paired with the Conscripts to stop them eating removal.

Conjurer's Closet doesn't impact the board at all

Except it gives your biggest creature vigilance and triggers enters the battlefield effects of 5 of your creatures.  I am not saying this makes it an auto include, but it is still something to consider.

Not to mention that  Conjurer's Closet  with Kessig Malcontents can give red plenty of direct damage that it doesn't have otherwise.

Freedom's just another word for nothing-left-to-lose. - Kris Kristoferson (sung by Janis Joplin)

This deck was a B@#$@# to build.  So many different colors available and so hard to keep it just 3 colors.  Black was the first thing I cut b/c it just wasn't deep enough.  After that it was a 4-way fight for which 2 colors were to be my main and which 1 color was to be my splash.  My mains ended up being G/U because green has a good early game and blue has a lot of nice support.  For the splash R vs. W was a toughie b/c red has removal but white lets me finish the game more reliably.  I ended up taking the game finishers b/c I thought it was more relevant.  However, due to the resulting high mana curve of my deck I ended up opting for 18 lands.  This deck didn't actually take me an hour and 40 minutes to build, I got interrupted midway through for about an hour.

This Deck was built in 1:40:41

18 Lands
---------------
7 Forest
7 Island
4 Plains

17 Creatures
---------------
1 Angel of Glory's Rise
2 Archangel
1 Borderland Ranger
2 Elgaud Shieldmate
2 Gryff Vanguard
1 Nephalia Smuggler
1 Nightshade Peddler
1 Scrapskin Drake
2 Timberland Guide
1 Vorstclaw
2 Wingcrafter
1 Wolfir Avenger

5 Other Spells
---------------
1 Bladed Bracers
1 Conjurer's Closet
1 Gallows at Willow Hill
1 Into the Void
1 Peel from Reality

Creatures
1-3
2-3
3-3
4-2
5-2
6-1
7-3

Non-Creatures
1-1
2-1
3-1
4-1
5-1
6-0
7-0

Total
1-4
2-4
3-4
4-3
5-3
6-1
7-3

Yeah, 18 lands was the way to go I think.  Fortunately all my blue was single color weight, so despite my heavy count on blue spells I can go a little light on my island count, giving me enough room for my plains for my double weight white splash angels.

***************************************************************************************

From Mark Rosewater's Tumblr: the0uroboros asked: How in the same set can we have a hexproof, unsacrificable(not a word) creature AND a land that makes it uncounterable. How does this lead to interactive play? I believe I’m able to play my creature and you have to deal with it is much more interactive than you counter my creature.

***************************************************************************************

Post #777

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago."

MaRo: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.

Hmmm...I thought this one was kind of tough.  Blue was an obvious inclusion, and I wanted to include red for the human interactions.  The lack of two-drops made me delve into green a bit as well. 

This Deck was built in 0:16:53

17 Lands
---------------
4 Forest
9 Island
4 Mountain

19 Creatures
---------------
1 Archwing Dragon
2 Elgaud Shieldmate
1 Fervent Cathar
1 Geist Trappers
2 Gryff Vanguard
1 Havengul Skaab
1 Kessig Malcontents
1 Lightning Mauler
1 Nephalia Smuggler
1 Nightshade Peddler
2 Timberland Guide
1 Vorstclaw
3 Wingcrafter
1 Zealous Conscripts

4 Other Spells
---------------
1 Ghostform
1 Into the Void
1 Mass Appeal
1 Peel from Reality

It's definitely creature heavy, but none of the remaining spells offered that much so I just decided to throw in a few more creatures.  I wish there was a bit more "return target creature to the hand" spells, but oh well.  This deck would rely on some early beatdown, and then finishing off the opponent with one of the heavy-hitters in the deck. 

EDIT:  Looking back, I can't believe I missed the Conjurerer's Closet - that would definitely make it in to my deck - probably for the Dragon or the Trappers.

rUG was probably the best way to go. I first decided to go for blue because of the three wingcrafters, and the smuggler+closet means bounce will be a reliable shenanigan. Here's the build:

Lands(17):
8 Islands
7 Forests
2 Mountains

Creatures(18):
1 Nephalia Smuggler-really awesome bounce shenanigans, and the core of the deck
3 Wingcrafter-a way to finish the game with fliers, it is still awesome with multiples
2 Elgaud shieldmate-protect our smuggler or our other V.I.C.s (very important creatures)
2 Griff Vanguard-very good for cards, especially with flicker
1 Kessig Malcontents-using bounce, rapid fire a whole lot of damage. finisher #1
1 Zealous Conscripts-stealing is always fun, unless you get caught and have to return it. Our good friend the smuggler ensures we won't. Finisher #2
1 Diregraf escort-a turn one play that also gives some evasion.
1 Nightshade pedaler-give me deathtouch or give me death!
2 Timberland guide-flicker a bunch, and you have colossal creatures. Finisher #3
1 Borderland ranger-fetch lands for our splashes and our double-colors, and could thin our deck considerably.
1 Trusted Forcemage-he is one of the great soulbonders
1 Wolfir Avenger-usually mainphased, he is a great stick to put timberlands counters on, or to puy some nightshade from the peddler
1 Geist Trappers-I learned this guy is very good during the release party, and I think he is definitely worth the slot

Other(5):
1 Conjurer's closet-another way to flicker and bounce, so it is important
1 Favorable winds-very favorable with the wingcrafter
1 Joint Assault-one of the best combat tricks availible, so naturally we'll run it
1 Mass Appeal-lots of cards are great
1 Amass the Components-even more cards, the deck can really pump out card advantage

This build is pretty good, but a bit slower than the others. A lot of games will probably be won by attacking with fliers, and the deck doesn't seem to bad at playing that game. I think it's awesome, and would love to open it.

5 Island
5 Mountain
6 Plains
1 Angel of Glory's Rise
1 Cathedral Sanctifier
2 Elgaud Shieldmate
1 Fervent Cathar
1 Gryff Vanguard
1 Kessig Malcontents
1 Midnight Duelist
1 Moorland Inquisitor
1 Raging Poltergeist
1 Scrapskin Drake
1 Seraph of Dawn
1 Somberwald Vigilante
3 Wingcrafter
1 Zealous Conscripts
1 Bladed Bracers
1 Favorable Winds
1 Fleeting Distraction
1 Mass Appeal
1 Outwit
1 Peel from Reality
1 Uncanny Speed

So I'm very frustrated. I just wanted to play with the website's new toy, but I can't figure out the proper controls to share the list here :P

I know my deck was 'crap', but it was fun crap

I did the Ultimate Lazy Thing Ever and slopped all the cards with the word 'Soulbond' in the rules text together. :P

I remember I used only like, 3 spells and no artifacts. Yeah I didn't even look for non-creature synergy, there wasn't room after I picked All the Bonders. Don't remember which. I did have the green instant that directly mentions Soulbond, the Red loot spell and the Red 1 drop too. It was partly BECAUSE it was so lazy and awful that I thought it was so awesome

I tend to do best when I stop trying to win, so I think I probably could have won the draft with the deck I built It doesn't make SENSE, but when I play as if I'm a character on the Yu-Gi-Oh! show, especially Joey or Tea, it actually works for me xD

Oh and I used the Archangels too because she looks amazing! :D

^Is a N00b. Acknowledges this. Will gladly trounce your 'good' decks with my 'crap' decks any time any place any where- Heart of the Cards, GO! :D
This Deck was built in 0:13:07

17 Lands
---------------
9 Forest
7 Island
1 Mountain

19 Creatures
---------------
1 Borderland Ranger
1 Diregraf Escort
2 Elgaud Shieldmate
1 Flowering Lumberknot
1 Geist Trappers
2 Gryff Vanguard
1 Nephalia Smuggler
1 Nightshade Peddler
1 Pathbreaker Wurm
2 Timberland Guide
1 Trusted Forcemage
3 Wingcrafter
1 Wolfir Avenger
1 Zealous Conscripts

4 Other Spells
---------------
1 Conjurer's Closet
1 Into the Void
1 Joint Assault
1 Peel from Reality

Conjurer's closet and soulbound make a very good combo, the lumbernot is actually pretty good especialy with the amount of soulbound in this deck combined with the smuggler, closet and bounce spells it shouldn't have a problem getting paired up. Conscripts are there for the permanent steals, smuggler/closet. Didn't run dragon in the end because of double red cost and limited mana fixing. All in all pretty happy with the deck.
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />