Tales of the Hairless Thoctar - a bunch of green cards

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Take two!

Street Smarts

Enchantment-Aura
Uncommon
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has non-basic landwalk.
Whenever enchanted creature deals combat damage to a player, draw a card.

Elder Basilisk

Creature-Basilisk
Rare
Deathtouch, trample
6/5

Mischievous Monkey

Creature-Ape
Uncommon
When Mischievous Monkey enters the battlefield, shuffle target artifact into it's owner's library.
3/2

Embiggen

Instant
Common
Target creature gets +X/+Y until end of turn, where X is it's power and Y is it's toughness.

Flying Squirrel

Creature-Squirrel
Common
: Flying Squirrel gains flying until end of turn.
1/1

Mama Gator

Creature-Crocodile
Rare
When Mama Gator enters the battlefield, for each Island and Swamp on the battlefield, put a 2/2 green Crocodile creature token onto the battlefield.
4/4

Omnivore

Creature-Lhurgoyf
Mythic
Omnivore's power and toughness are equal to the total number of creature types among type lines of creatures in all graveyards.
*/*
Super weird wording to prevent triple digit p/t with a Changeling in the yard.

Silverback Javilneer

Creature-Ape
Rare
Vigilance
, , sacrifice a forest: Destroy target creature with flying.
5/5

Lorescale Hydra

Creature-Hydra
Mythic
Whenever Lorescale Hydra deals damage to a player, draw a card.
Whenever you draw a card, put a +1/+1 counter on Lorescale Hydra
8/8

Wayfind

Instant
Uncommon
Draw three cards, then discard two cards unless you discard a land card.

..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />Silverback Javilneer

Creature-Ape
Rare
Vigilance
, , sacrifice a forest: Destroy target creature with flying.
5/5

I just love the mental image of this.  EAT TREE MOTHER$%!*^!
Also I don't really think Wayfind should be a strictly better Compulsive Research at instant speed in an off-color.  (I say strictly because when are you really ever using CR to let an opponent draw?)
Also I don't really think Wayfind should be a strictly better Compulsive Research at instant speed in an off-color.  (I say strictly because when are you really ever using CR to let an opponent draw?)

I put it in green because the flavor of 'drawing cards, land matters' felt more on in green.
Would it be less weird if it was sorcery, or is it an ugly baby?
Lorescale Hydra is pretty cool. Reminds me of Niv, but less broken.

I think Wayfind is a cool color-shift, but it would probably work as a sorcery or as a "draw two, discard two, unless land" for .

"Embiggen" is probably at least as good as Berserk. Might want to tone it down or something. I dunno.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Embiggen is a perfectly cromulent card.
You could add an exemption clause for Changelings and Illusions on Omnivore if you'd prefer a more traditional context. For example, "Omnivore's power and toughness are equal to the total number of creature types among non-Shapeshifter, non-Illusion creature cards in all graveyards."

Wayfind would have great applications in limited.

Hydra is too bland for my tastes.

Ape is really flavorful, but the effect is so limited for the cost you way. Reach kills it.

Mama Gator has great applications with Emperor Crocodile and Prismatic Omen.

Flying Squirrel has great flavor. It's a very lovable common creature.

I think I've seen Embiggen before. I've always used the term "double" for functions like this. However, it's hardly worth mentioning since it's just a matter of what suits you best.

Mischievous Monkey has great flavor. It gives me a nostalgic feeling of green.

I'm very neutral about Basilisk, I realize it's powerful and it's efficient.

Compared to Street Savvy, I think this one is an interesting compliment.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

You could add an exemption clause for Changelings and Illusions on Omnivore if you're prefer a more traditional context. For example, "Omnivore's power and toughness are equal to the total number of creature types among non-Shapeshifter, non-Illusion creature cards in all graveyards."

That technically works, but it feels really clunky, especially if there aren't any changelings in the set.
I fixed the typo I just noticed, changing "you're" to "you'd". I've been terrible with those typos lately.

It's just a personal preference. It works fine by declaring "type-lines", and with less context. The only difference is the familiarization of "creature types of all creature cards" and "creature types in the type-lines of creature cards". Of which reminds me you forgot to declare "creature cards", it just says "of creatures in all graveyards". Not a big deal, just wanted to point it out since no one else seemed to care enough.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

Street Smarts is just awesome.
Elder Basilisk seems too bland.  I understand the interaction between those two abilities but it still seems like little more than a Melvin card.
Mischevious Monkey is kinda cute.
Embiggen is pretty cromulent.  It should not be in the same Standard as infect, though.
Flying squirrel is adorable.  Yes.
Mama Gator is awesome.  It's both flavorful and effectively hates on green's enemies.
Omnivore has a Tarmogoyf feel to it, but much less broken.  I like it.
Silverback Javelineer is hilarious.
Lorescale Hydra is big, but kinda boring.
Wayfind is simple and useful.  Green could use that.
Also, the flavor text on flying squirrel should be
"Not just any squirrel -- a flying squirrel."
-Fla'tershai, Su'qata market trader

Yes, I agree with this entirely.  Do it.  Don't question it.
It occurs to me that any card that uses X and Y should probably not occur at common.
Street Smarts
A flavorful and interesting take on Curiosity + Trailblazer's Boots.

Elder Basilisk
Although it is unexciting, its combination of abilities has interesting mechanical and flavor implications. 

Mischievous Monkey
Uktabi Orangutan deserved a reworking following the printing of Viridian Corrupter. This rendition of the card is comical; I'm imagining a tiny (by comparison) ape climbing a Wurmcoil Engine, disasembling it, and hiding the parts from the Engine's owner.

Embiggen
Sounds like a WotC name. Flavor text: I swear to Emeria, it was this big!

Flying Squirrel
This cycle need not go further... 

Mama Gator
I have no feelings regarding this card (perhaps it is dificault to make a rare that excites me). I do, however, enjoy gators.

Omnivore
The wording is unpleasant and the card is uninspired. Boneyard Wurm is superior.

Silverback Javilneer
Cool! The flavor is fun; a giant ape uprooting trees and slinging them like missiles at dragons. This card should be slightly weaker, have vigilance removed, and be uncommon.

Lorescale Hydra
Although the mechanic is excellent, the card is boring.

Wayfind
I agree that Compulsive Research suits green more plesantly. I do not agree that green should get instant speed Compulsive Research.
Sign In to post comments