[M13-ICD] Fungal Sprouting

42 posts / 0 new
Last post

Fungal Sprouting 3G
Sorcery
Put X 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens onto the battlefield, where X is the greatest prower among creatures you control.
Source
This is pretty useful!  More so than Captain's Call almost every time.
Fungus Amongus
This is pretty useful!  More so than Captain's Call almost every time.

I assume you're referring to limited?  Because in Constructed, the kind of deck that would want to run a token generator tends not to have a 3+ power creature (barring sometimes Geist-Honored Monk)

Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

Hm, this would double GHM's power just like that
Winmore, but at least its uncommon.
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
Strong in limited bad in constructed.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

I could see this being useful in a token based edh deck. Strong kitchen table card to be sure.
I can see uses for it
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
I just love how the Saprolings look.

After the official forums lost most of their functionality, a once vibrant community of Vorthos was wiped out.The survivors founded a new place to discuss all things concerning with the art, flavor and storylines of Magic: The Gathering. Come join us.

Quite good in limited. Probably useless everywhere else.

I assume you're referring to limited?  Because in Constructed, the kind of deck that would want to run a token generator tends not to have a 3+ power creature (barring sometimes Geist-Honored Monk)

I was thinking of limited, but in a mono-green constructed deck, surely you will have a fatty out.  I could see this getting play.  Paired Wolfir Silverheart for 8 1/1s?

IMO, if you are playing green and a 3/3 is as big as you can go--you're doin' it wrong.
Or if you're already going that route, and not that this would be that great, but t3 Dungrove Elder, t4 this for 4 saprolings, t5 Overrun and swing for 24 trample.
This card seems alright.
Probably has some competitive Constructed uses.  Definitely plenty of casual Constructed uses.
Loving it. The green token maker in me is so damn happy right now.
Above the curve with a 4-power critter in play, which is not that hard to accomplish.  Good for limited.
Thinking of playing this with cathars' crusade. 4 power creature plus this equals blessings of nature on all your creatures.
Wish it was common for my pauper Bloodthrone Vampire deck. That's gonna be my favorite use for it any way you slice it up: play creature that eats tokens, play token maker, eat tokens, play this, eat more, NOM NOM NOM WIN.
Wow. This + Thromok the Insatiable seems really fun.

Play thrammy, sac 5 guys.
Play Fungal Sprouting.
Fling thrammy.
Play thrammy, sac 25 guys.
I really like this card. :G::U: Talrand Token deck maybe? By the way I love the new Saproling look!

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

Wow. This + Thromok the Insatiable seems really fun.

Play thrammy, sac 5 guys.
Play Fungal Sprouting.
Fling thrammy.
Play thrammy, sac 25 guys.

Then Garruk, Primal Hunter draw 625 cards!!!
Can't see this being used competitively. It's just an unreliable Increasing Devotion at best.

Can totally see this being used casually. It's like giving your 60/60 Hamletback Goliath trample and a way to split up damage between opponents.
Guru flavor text, and not too shabby in guru edh deck either
Favorite Green Card in M13. The forest is going to eat you alive.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
this seems powerful in limited.
Straight into the Ghave Commander deck.  The flavor text seems to agree with me.
Rancor's new best friend in Limited.
If Limited gets in the way of printing good Constructed cards... Screw limited
saying this card name out loud makes me feel like i just threw up in my mouth
Cool card. I'd dig if it were instant speed. Still fun with Essence of the Wild
My forum good deeds. Fortunately, left unpunished:
Show
"Incidentally, everytime you post in of these (mine or anyone else's) you have really great advice." -Tigerguy786 "Thanks Stop-Whining, your suggestions have been gold." -RedRollinS "You are probably the best person who has explained a certain concept to me so far, thank you VERY much for the information, it helps me out a ton. I can't wait to play this deck and use some cards for a deck of my own. Cheers!" -SpaceLincoln "In short, you good sir, are made of win advice. And I am actually going to be taking pretty much all of it." -jeremyc13
I WILL BREAK THIS IN MULTIPLAYER OH YES I WILL
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Don't like how it doesn't play catchup.
Don't like how it doesn't play catchup.

you mean, count your opponent's creatures?
Ghave is really articulate for a dude made out of spores.
Ghave is really articulate for a dude made out of spores.

But for a guru, he's middling.
Mossbridge Troll?

So... tap 10 power worth of creatures to make Mossbridge Troll a 25/25, create 25 1/1s, then tap 20 of them to bump Mossbridge Troll up to a 65/65?
Mossbridge Troll?

So... tap 10 power worth of creatures to make Mossbridge Troll a 25/25, create 25 1/1s, then tap 20 of them to bump Mossbridge Troll up to a 65/65?

Giggity
A Ghave quote! Nice.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Interesting, I do love making hoards of things. 
How to Auto Card
(Replace { with [) {c}Gelectrode{/c}= Gelectrode
How to Auto Card, with style
(Replace { with [) {c=Gelectrode}Pinball Machine{/c}=Pinball Machine
How to Auto Deck
Auto Deck
(again, replace { with [) {deck} Lands 20 4x Halimar Depths 4X Unstable Frontier 8X Island 4X Swamp Creatures 12 4x Hedron Crabs 4x Nemesis of Reason 4x Mnemonic Wall Spells 28 4X Spreading Seas 4X Suffer the Past 4x Mind Funeral 4X Archive Trap 4X Ponder 4x Into the Roil 4X Soul Manipulation {/deck}
Another card this could work well with is Hamletback Goliath. Again, it works in both directions: Hamletback Goliath gives you a big creature to spawn lots of Saprolings, and spawning lots of Saprolings makes Hamletback Goliath bigger.
Sign In to post comments