You make the Plane

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
So my friend donated his planes to my group planar deck, but this included 10 of the original planes. I thought to myself, "what am I to do with these duplicates?" Then I quickly decided to use them as proxies for custom planes. While I'm tots a creative genius, I technically have ten slots to fill, so I thought "Why not spread the love and crowdsource this?" Best way I could think of was a bit of friendly competition.

Rulesy stuff:
-) Submit one plane/phenomenon.

-) I shall offer comments and grades at some point (Lets say this ends next Tuesday for now). 

-) My three favorites will be added to my group planar deck. If the person in question cares, I'll inform them when their plane sees play and what the general reaction is and such.

-) While you're free to make whatever kind of plane you want (Hell, even Unglued style planes), just fyi, The Eon Fog can go [Debutantes avert your eyes] itself. 

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
The Animated Forest
Plane - Ancardia
When you planeswalk to The Animated Forest or at the beginning of your upkeep, put a 1/3 green Treefolk creature token with defender onto the battlefield.
Whenever you roll , you may put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield.

As this is a top-down design, I should explain: This is from a game called Ancient Domains of Mystery. The main quest in the game involves exploring the deepest cave in the world. One of the obstacles in going deeper is a fork, the two paths leading to the same destination. One way is a dense forest of treefolk which you must squeeze through peacefully (because if you attack one treefolk they'll all swarm and kill you) despite being pummeled by the random hostile treefolk scattered about. The other option looks like another generic cave, which is much faster because there aren't a million treefolk in your way, but also more dangerous because it can randomly spawn any monster in the game regardless of the place's actual danger level.
IMAGE(http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/1374/linkaraemrakul.png)
Gaealoth
Plane - Khardus
Gaealoth is an X/X green Beast creature with haste, where X is the number of creatures on the battlefield. It's still a plane. When you planeswalk to Gaealoth or at the beginning of your upkeep, untap Gaealoth and gain control of it. If Gaealoth would leave the battlefield, planeswalk instead.
: Whenever you roll , creatures you control gain trample until end of turn. Put five +1/+1 counters on Gaealoth.
Mental Catastrophe
Phenomenon 

When you encounter ~ each player discards their hand, then, in clockwise order, draws one card from each players library. 
Ego
144902215 wrote:
Morgothra has the Syntax and Grammar of a God.
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
I can't compete with this.
57461258 wrote:
@Morgothra: Beautifully said, sir. Beautifully said.
Contest Winners
CKY, magicpablo666 and Dinobeer combined ingenuity and silliness to win a Summer fUn contest each! vlord beat the rest to become the architect of a better tomorrow in Build it and they will come! CityofAs pranced masterfully to victory in Skipping Merrily! ConfusedAsUsual conquered both tropes and opponents to ascend in Metafiction! FirstTurnKill condensed Success into Art form in Summing it Up!
Halls of AEther
Plane - Karsus
When you planeswalk to PLANENAME, exchange places with target opponent until you planeswalk away from PLANENAME. (Exchange life totals and onwership of all cards in all zones)
: Whenever you roll , two target players exchange places until you planeswalk away from PLANENAME.

You can change the name if you wish. If you feel more adventurous, you can set the exchange to be permanent, or until an event of your choice.
Nothing really matters.
Anyone can see.
The Thumb --
Plane - Desqora

Players may activate abilities of Planeswalkers they control as though they were [X] abilities, where X is that ability's activation cost. ([X] abilities may be activated any time that planeswalker has X or more loyalty counters. It does not add nor remove loyalty counters. A player may still activate an ability normally if they want.)

Whenever you roll , activate all abilites of all permanents without paying their activation cost. (This activates all abilities of artifacts, creatures, enchantments, lands, and planeswalkers. You choose the order in which they resolve.)

=====xxxxx=====

I don't know how exactly to word it, but the concept is you can now activate [-] abilites (if you could normally could) without removing loyalty counters. For example: Karn Liberated has 5 loyalty counters. That means he can activate his [-3] without removing the loyalty counters (if you want), but only as long as his loyalty is 3 or greater. He cannot activate his -14 until he has 14 or more loyalty counters on it.

Chaos Ability Progression:

The original chaos ability was: :SYMCH:, Activate all abilities of all planeswalkers without paying their activation costs (You choose in which order they resolve).

Though, the new chaos ability is similar feel free to switch them if you want. I changed them simply because if you play and don't have any planeswalkers this is a dud plane.

Another possibility could be: :SYMCH:, For each permanent with an activated ability, choose one of it's activated abilities and activate it without paying it's activation cost. It's essentially the same thing, but without all the chaos. I found it fitting that chaos should ensue with a chaos roll so I changed it.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Mental Catastrophe
Phenomenon 

When you encounter ~ each player discards their hand, then, in clockwise order, draws one card from each players library. 



No way. No drawing from other people's libraries. Never. Ever.
Dramatic Upheavel
Phenomenon
When you encounter Dramatic Upheaval, reveal cards from the top of your planar deck until you reveal a plane card. Planeswalk to it, activate its chaos ability three times, then planeswalk again.  Put all other cards revealed this way on the bottom of your planar deck in any order.






Mental Catastrophe
Phenomenon 

When you encounter ~ each player discards their hand, then, in clockwise order, draws one card from each players library. 



No way. No drawing from other people's libraries. Never. Ever.



Not even in a format designed for casual tabletop multiplayer in which people can choose the planes/phenomenons they want to play with?

I understand that often it will end up with players left with a bunch of cards they can't really use, but it could also lead to amusing or un situations. Besides, if they ever printed a cards that allows drawing from other libraries outside of an Un-set, it would probably be here. 
Ego
144902215 wrote:
Morgothra has the Syntax and Grammar of a God.
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
I can't compete with this.
57461258 wrote:
@Morgothra: Beautifully said, sir. Beautifully said.
Contest Winners
CKY, magicpablo666 and Dinobeer combined ingenuity and silliness to win a Summer fUn contest each! vlord beat the rest to become the architect of a better tomorrow in Build it and they will come! CityofAs pranced masterfully to victory in Skipping Merrily! ConfusedAsUsual conquered both tropes and opponents to ascend in Metafiction! FirstTurnKill condensed Success into Art form in Summing it Up!
Meteos
Plane – Stelveil

Whenever you roll the planar die, if it was thrown from a height of at least one foot, Meteos deals 1 damage to each creature the planar die touched this way before coming to a stop.
– Whenever you roll , you may throw the planar die. If you do, Meteos deals 5 damage to each player the planar die hit this way before coming to a stop.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Chaotic Surge
Phenomenon
When you encounter this phenomenon, each player rolls the planar die. If any player would planeswalk this way, instead planeswalk simultaenously.

Probably needs some wording fix.
Never made a Plane before but gonna give it a shot.

Plains of Reflections
Plane - Aerz
Power and toughness of all creatures are switched. 
:chaos: - Whenever you roll :chaos:, exchange control of two target creatures.
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
Chaotic Surge
Phenomenon
When you encounter this phenomenon, each player rolls the planar die. If any player would planeswalk this way, instead planeswalk simultaenously.

Probably needs some wording fix.

What's the point? There's no plane to trigger off of or planeswalking away.
IMAGE(http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/1374/linkaraemrakul.png)
The problem with a blank plane is that you wind up stuck there because no one wants to spend mana for nothing. The strategic value of going to a random unknown plane is statistically equal to doing nothing at all. Actually, it's worse, because you just spent your mana planeswalking and will thus be the least likely person to get to use the effect. One of the reasons the triggers exist in the first place is to encourage rolling the die rather than just playing your hand. Goldmeadow is poorly designed in that the possibility of a 0/1 Goat isn't worthwhile unless your hand is complete junk. Shiv's reward is too good because no one does anything but roll the die until someone hits . Astral Arena is an example where the value is different for each player, making it just right on power overall.
IMAGE(http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/1374/linkaraemrakul.png)
The problem with a blank plane is that you wind up stuck there because no one wants to spend mana for nothing. The strategic value of going to a random unknown plane is statistically equal to doing nothing at all. Actually, it's worse, because you just spent your mana planeswalking and will thus be the least likely person to get to use the effect. One of the reasons the triggers exist in the first place is to encourage rolling the die rather than just playing your hand. Goldmeadow is poorly designed in that the possibility of a 0/1 Goat isn't worthwhile unless your hand is complete junk. Shiv's reward is too good because no one does anything but roll the die until someone hits . Astral Arena is an example where the value is different for each player, making it just right on power overall.



Phoo, fine. My entire thinking behind the card was "I don't like Planechase, let's design a Plane where it goes away".
Whitecover Valley
Plane-Alara

All players and permanents have shroud.
Spells and abilties can't be countered.

Whenever a player rolls , that player may search his hand or library for a creature with power 5 or greater and put it onto the battlefield.



Twisting Time
Phenomenon

Whenever you encounter Twisting Time, each player shuffles their hand and graveyard into their library and draws seven cards.



The Infected Throne
Plane-New Phyrexia

All damage is dealt as though it had Infect.

Whenever you roll , draw a card for each poison counter on you. (lol templating?)
bunch of cards they can't really use, but it could also lead to amusing or un situations. Besides, if they ever printed a cards that allows drawing from other libraries outside of an Un-set, it would probably be here. 


That's not the main problem.  The main problem is cheating, card theft or just plain mistakenly taken away.  You draw my card, then my Chimney Imp dies.  You put it back on top of your library.  Then Millstone you for two, which also include Emrakul, the Aeons Torn... etc.. plenty of potential way to mix stuff. 

It's also goofy to see you holding 3 cards, with one of those sleeved with my Yoda.

So far Wizards has stayed away from doing so, and it's a good thing.
worship the horn
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28209491/Conch_Horn
Uktabi Jungle
Plane - Dominaria
When you planeswalk to Uktabi Jungle, each players sacrifice each artifact he or she controls.  For each artifact sacrificed this way, its controller put a 1/1 green ape creature token.

Whenever you roll , for each creature token you control, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield.
worship the horn
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28209491/Conch_Horn
Skirsdag Lair

Plane - Innistrad

Morbid - Target player sacrifices a permanent. Only the active player may activate this ability, and only if a creature died during his or her turn.

Whenever you roll , target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn, where X is its power.
bunch of cards they can't really use, but it could also lead to amusing or un situations. Besides, if they ever printed a cards that allows drawing from other libraries outside of an Un-set, it would probably be here. 


That's not the main problem.  The main problem is cheating, card theft or just plain mistakenly taken away.  You draw my card, then my Chimney Imp dies.  You put it back on top of your library.  Then Millstone you for two, which also include Emrakul, the Aeons Torn... etc.. plenty of potential way to mix stuff. 

It's also goofy to see you holding 3 cards, with one of those sleeved with my Yoda.

So far Wizards has stayed away from doing so, and it's a good thing.


For the record, un-planes are tots allowed, and WotC has technically done that sort of effect before anyway.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
Well, that effect doesn't put the card into your hand or library, it's kept separately.

So, wen u judj us? 


Probably Monday or Wednesday. Going to Animinneaspolis this weekend and not really in the mood to think too hard about stuff tonight.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

The Cerebral Catacombs


The Cerebral Catacombs 
Plane - Ravnica

At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player exiles a card from their hand face down.
Whenever you roll a chaos symbol, choose a card another player owns exiled with ~ and reveal it.  If it's a land, put it onto the battlefield under your control.  Otherwise, you cast it without paying its mana cost.



Not bad, I'm not a huge fan of the effect, but chaos makes it interesting and doesn't affect you if you're topdecking, which is nice.
Abitrary points: 7


The Animated Forest
The Animated Forest
Plane - Ancardia
When you planeswalk to The Animated Forest or at the beginning of your upkeep, put a 1/3 green Treefolk creature token with defender onto the battlefield.
Whenever you roll , you may put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield.


Nifty flavor, okay ability, though a bunch of 1/3s clogging up the ground could make games a bit tedious.
Arbtrary points: 6


Gaealoth

Gaealoth
Plane - Khardus
Gaealoth is an X/X green Beast creature with haste, where X is the number of creatures on the battlefield. It's still a plane. When you planeswalk to Gaealoth or at the beginning of your upkeep, untap Gaealoth and gain control of it. If Gaealoth would leave the battlefield, planeswalk instead.
: Whenever you roll , creatures you control gain trample until end of turn. Put five +1/+1 counters on Gaealoth.


Ooh, really like the innovation here, although I'm a bit disappointed it's just dumb beats, but still major points for shaking things up.
Arbitrary points: 9



Mental Catastrophe
Mental Catastrophe
Phenomenon 

When you encounter ~ each player discards their hand, then, in clockwise order, draws one card from each players library. 


Not really digging this one. It's a nifty idea, and the technology exists to pull it off, but with just one card, there's a pretty good chance of getting a dead card. Maybe if it was a shared fate-type plane with a chaos that let you cast a card for free...
Arbitrary points: 3


Halls of Aether
Halls of AEther
Plane - Karsus
When you planeswalk to PLANENAME, exchange places with target opponent until you planeswalk away from PLANENAME. (Exchange life totals and onwership of all cards in all zones)
: Whenever you roll , two target players exchange places until you planeswalk away from PLANENAME.

You can change the name if you wish. If you feel more adventurous, you can set the exchange to be permanent, or until an event of your choice.


Ooh, another one mixing things up. I assume there's more to changing places than the reminder text, but rules be damned, if I'm using a custom plane anyway I can just duct tape the rules until they work :P. Honestly I think I like it better as a temporary effect. That adds the tension of how to play the game with the knowledge that you might end up helping your opponent if somebody planeswalks too early etc.
Arbitrary points: 11


The Thumb

The Thumb --
Plane - Desqora

Players may activate abilities of Planeswalkers they control as though they were [X] abilities, where X is that ability's activation cost. ([X] abilities may be activated any time that planeswalker has X or more loyalty counters. It does not add nor remove loyalty counters. A player may still activate an ability normally if they want.)

Whenever you roll , activate all abilites of all permanents without paying their activation cost. (This activates all abilities of artifacts, creatures, enchantments, lands, and planeswalkers. You choose the order in which they resolve.)


I like this one, but it seems way too good. Like yeah planechase is a swingy format and all that but this one is like roll chaos and win. Though it becomes considerably less useful if you don't have any planeswalkers, but I'm not a fan of 3.5 style "balancing"
Arbitrary points: 4


Dramatic Upheaval

Dramatic Upheavel
Phenomenon
When you encounter Dramatic Upheaval, reveal cards from the top of your planar deck until you reveal a plane card. Planeswalk to it, activate its chaos ability three times, then planeswalk again.  Put all other cards revealed this way on the bottom of your planar deck in any order.


Kinda nifty, if a bit simple. I'd like to see this with Pools of Becoming
Arbitrary points: 6

Meteos

Meteos
Plane – Stelveil

Whenever you roll the planar die, if it was thrown from a height of at least one foot, Meteos deals 1 damage to each creature the planar die touched this way before coming to a stop.
– Whenever you roll , you may throw the planar die. If you do, Meteos deals 5 damage to each player the planar die hit this way before coming to a stop.


Oh my god, it's probably a terrible idea but I need to use this one. If any of my dice get lost though, I'm blaming you :P
Arbitrary points: Enough

Chaotic Surge

Chaotic Surge
Phenomenon
When you encounter this phenomenon, each player rolls the planar die. If any player would planeswalk this way, instead planeswalk simultaenously.

Probably needs some wording fix.


I'm not really sure that this actually does anything. So say we're on Plane Y. We planeswalk and encounter this phenomenon. We all roll the die, and if anybody rolls a planeswalk, we go to plane X. If not, we planeswalk away from that phenomenon and go to... plane X? Or did you intend for it to cycle through a plane for each player in the game? Though even then with a shuffled planar deck it doesn't really make a difference until we start recycling planes, which doesn't seem likely given that this will have like 95 planes when it's finished.
Arbitrary points: 0


Plains of Reflections

Never made a Plane before but gonna give it a shot.

Plains of Reflections
Plane - Aerz
Power and toughness of all creatures are switched. 
:chaos: - Whenever you roll :chaos:, exchange control of two target creatures.


Cool. Gotta love injecting some chaos into the board position. Though the chaos is just a narrower version of Cliffside Market. Overall I like it, but it kinda feels like you were trying to play it safe.
Arbitrary points: 7


Twisting Time

Twisting Time
Phenomenon

Whenever you encounter Twisting Time, each player shuffles their hand and graveyard into their library and draws seven cards.


Gotta love new takes on classic cards. Also more phenomenons are nice since there'll only be like 8 official ones in the finished deck.
Arbitrary points: 8

Uktabi Jungle

Uktabi Jungle
Plane - Dominaria
When you planeswalk to Uktabi Jungle, each players sacrifice each artifact he or she controls.  For each artifact sacrificed this way, its controller put a 1/1 green ape creature token.

Whenever you roll , for each creature token you control, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield.


Like the chaos ability and the way the whole plane hangs together, a bit disappointed that the plane doesn't actually do anything on its own after you've arrived.
Arbitrary points: 8


Skirsdag Lair

Skirsdag Lair

Plane - Innistrad

Morbid - Target player sacrifices a permanent. Only the active player may activate this ability, and only if a creature died during his or her turn.

Whenever you roll , target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn, where X is its power.


Needs a bit of wording work, that aside it's nifty (Like the Kiku's Shadowesque chaos), but I dunno, I think I'm still tramautized by reaper of the abyss.
Arbitrary points: 7


Alka'Haal

Alka'Haal 
Plane - Dominaria
At the beginning of your upkeep, take a sip of beer.
Whenever you roll the chaos symbol, finish your beer.


Okay this is just getting it's own separate slot (Changing it to drink for ass-covering reasons though).


Pretty much just went with mah gut, feel free to offer a counterargument or request additional comments.
As things currently stand the ones I'll be using are:
Meteos
Halls of Aether
Gaealoth
Alka'Haal (Though I may change the name to Alka Hall if you don't mind)

And possibly might toss in Twisting Time too if there are extra planes left over.

Feel free to make any arguments though. I guess you have from now until whenever I stop being lazy and modify the spare cards.  And thank you all for playing

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
Ooh, mine made it in!

You're right, though, I too was a bit disappointed I couldn't think of something more interesting for rolling . Maybe I'll get a better idea between now and whenever it is you're not lazy.
Let us know how they play!
Nothing really matters.
Anyone can see.
Thanks. I think Meteos will play better than you give it credit for. At the very least, it will create some memorable moments.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Too safe, huh? Maybe I should have thrown in the idea to reverse the turn order. 
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
Maybe a little change in functionality to make it more interesting?

Gaealoth
Gaealoth is a green Beast creature with haste and with power and toughness each equal to the number of basic lands on the battlefield. It's still a plane. When you planeswalk to Gaealoth or at the beginning of your upkeep, untap Gaealoth and gain control of it. If Gaealoth would leave the battlefield, planeswalk instead.
: Whenever you roll , you may search your library for up to two basic land cards, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.

I think it makes more sense as lands, since it's supposed to be a living planet basically.
Maybe a little change in functionality to make it more interesting?

Gaealoth
Gaealoth is a green Beast creature with haste and with power and toughness each equal to the number of basic lands on the battlefield. It's still a plane. When you planeswalk to Gaealoth or at the beginning of your upkeep, untap Gaealoth and gain control of it. If Gaealoth would leave the battlefield, planeswalk instead.
: Whenever you roll , you may search your library for up to two basic land cards, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.

I think it makes more sense as lands, since it's supposed to be a living planet basically.



Worded this way, wouldn't Gaealoth die immediately if it was the first plane visited? Maybe if it had toughness equal to 1 + the number of lands it might work a bit better in that respect.
Sorry for necroing this, but I would like to know how the planes played, or even if you used them at all...
Nothing really matters.
Anyone can see.
Sign In to post comments