U/B or U/W Deck help

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
So im pretty new to magic and don't know many cards and I want to make a blue deck of some sorts.

I really like blue/white but have no idea what to do with it, I was looking at angels/control.
My other option I was looking at was blue/black.

Could anyone help me by like giving me deck ideas or maybe a few cards I could look at to try to make a deck around? I really have no idea where to start.

Edit:
This is what I found after a few hours on the card search. Any feedback would be nice. Forgot i left Gitaxian Probe in there, I had it to cast a turn 3 Illusory Angel. I want to add Illusory Angel in just because i really like the art of it.

Creatures

4 Zephyr Sprite
4 Goldenglow Moth
4 Pride of the Clouds
2 Serra Avenger
1 Kira, Great Glass-Spinner
2 Angel of Jubilation
2 Serra Angel
2 Baneslayer Angel
1 Avacyn, Angel of Hope

Instants
2 Brainstorm
2 Swords to Plowshares
2 Unsummon
2 Mana Leak

Sorcery
2 Gitaxian Probe
2 Entreat the Angels

Enchantments
2 Angelic Shield
4 Favorable Winds
2 Glorious Anthem

Land
5 Islands
10 Planes
4 Glacial Fortress
2 Hallowed Fountain
2 Mystic Gate

I don't know what format you want but...

Some basic control cards are. Counterspell, Thoughtseize, Wrath of God.

U/B is my favorite color combo.  Shadowmage Infiltrator and Creeping Tar Pit are among my favorite cards.
I'm actually going to have to suggest U/W flying and control deck. Both colors have multiple flyers, angels included. Plus, there are great control cards like Pacifism, Arrest, and Ice Cage, just to name a few.

Throw in Angel of Jubilation, Victory's Herald, and Serra Angel along with Seance for white

Blue cards could include Djinn of Wishes to get your high cost cards out if you're going for angels. Dungeon Geists helps with creature control along with getting a flying creature out of the deal. Favorable Winds is just another buff card for flyers, but it's another blue card.

Of course since you'd be using blue, you can work more draw cards in there and for white, you can use life gains.
Dragons and Behemoths are my calling. I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.
Thanks for the advice, ill look into U/W flying it seems fun. 

At the moment I am looking at Pride of the Clouds and putting in alot of low cost stuff like Zephyr Sprite and Goldenglow Moth. Favorable Winds and Angel of Jubilation look good and I love Serra Angel.

How does that look for a starter? 
I forgot all about Goldenglow Moth. Good catch. Looks good, but I strongly urge you put in 2 Victory's Herald because if you attack with any creature along with her, you'll get a massive life boost.
Dragons and Behemoths are my calling. I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.