You Make the Alphabetical Card!

3103 posts / 0 new
Last post
Welcome to one of the greatest games in You Make the Card history: The You Make the Card Alphabet!

The rules are simple. We go by each color in order as follows starting with white:
White
Blue
Black
Red
Green
Mulitcolor
Colorless
Land

In each color, start with the letter A and design a card in that color that starts with that letter. The next poster designs a card in that color starting with the letter B and so forth. When the end of the alphabet is reached, the next post starts on the letter A in the next color. When all of the colors have been done, start over again at White. The letter X is optional and you can choose to skip that and go on to the next letter in line.

Now that you know the rules, start posting and have fun.

If you like, you can find the previous You Make the Alphabetical Card thread by clicking here.

Xweetoks = ♥Happiness

Since this a continuation of the previous thread, I think it would appropriate to pick up where it left off.

Rampaging Hellkites
Creature - Dragon
Flying
Landfall -- Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, Rampaging Hellkites deals 3 damage to target creature.
"No, elf.  When the land is angry, so is the sky." -- Chandra Nalaar
6/6

So the next card is going to be a mono red card that starts with the letter S.

Xweetoks = ♥Happiness

lame
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.
Splintering Golem -
Creature - Golem
Double strike
Whenever Splintering Golem deals combat damage, put a -1/-1 counter on it.
4/4
You better link the original in the first post.
Tesla Coil -
Artifact
When ~ enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a card named "Lightning Bolt".
, : ~ deals X damage to target creature or player, where X is the number of cards named "Lightning Bolt" in your graveyard.
"Professor, I am quite sure this is not how a real tesla coil works."
"Nonsense, Igor. Nonsense."
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
Utvara War-Boar

Creature -- Boar
Bloodthirst 2
, Sacrifice Utvara War-Boar: You gain life equal to Utvara War-Boar's toughness.
2/2 
Hoard of Notions: Cards and general design musings from yours truly.

A link to the previous You Make the Alphabetical Card thread has been added.

Xweetoks = ♥Happiness

Worldwake
Sorcery
Destroy all basic lands target player controls.
Xiju the Devastator
Legendary Creature - Dragon
Flying 
When Xiju the Devastator enters the battlefield, each opponent chooses a permanent he or she controls. That player may sacrifice that permanent. Otherwise, Xiju the Devastator deals 1 damage to that player for each permanent they chose not to sacrifice this way. Repeat this process for each permanent each opponent controls.
Burn, and burn more.
5/5

"Original?" We're on its 6th or 7th life by now.
Young Dragon
Creature - Dragon
Flying, haste
: Young Dragon gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
2/2
Zombie Flame  
Instant
~ deals 3 damage to target creature.  If that creature dies this turn, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield.
Alpha Baloth
Creature - Beast [R]
As long as ~ has the highest power amongst creatures you control, it gets +3/+3 and gains trample.
5/5 
Baloth Earthshaker |
Creature - Beast
When ~ enters the battlefield, you may destroy target artifact, enchantment, or nonbasic land. If you do, put two +1/+1 counters on ~.
4/4

Don't worry, I'm a doctor.

Choreograph
Sorcery
Put target artifact card, target enchantment card, target creature card, and target land card from your graveyard on top of your library.
Like so... 
Creeping Webs
Enchantment
Creatures you control have reach.
Whenever a Spider enters the battlefield under your control, you may destroy target creature with flying.  If you do, you gain life equal to that creature's toughness.
Darkwood Baloth |
Creature - Beast
Trample
, Sacrifice a Forest: ~ gets +2/+2 until end of turn. You gain 1 life.
3/3

Falling Leaves
Enchantment
Whenever a Forest you control is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, put a 3/3 green Treefolk creature token onto the battlefield.
"The forest knows its enemies, child.  And it will demand justice." -- Norah, Elder of Ordin
Gargantuan Baloth |
Creature - Beast
At the beginning of your upkeep, shuffle a creature you control into your library.
6/6

Harabaz Tracker

Creature -- Human Warrior Ally
Whenever Harabaz Tracker or another Ally enters the battlefield under your control, you may have target Ally creature you control fight another target creature.
2/3 
Hoard of Notions: Cards and general design musings from yours truly.
Icebreaker Baloth |
Snow Creature - Beast
Snow landwalk
Whenever ~ attacks, other creatures you control gain snow landwalk until end of turn.
All the landscape changing force of a glacier without the thousand year wait.
4/4

Jumping Baloth
Creature - Beast
Trample, Reach
: Untap Jumping Baloth. Activate this ability only if one or more creatures with flying are attacking you or a planeswalker you control.
6/6 
Krosan Baloth |
Creature - Beast
Morph . X can't be less than 2. (You may cast this creature face down as a 2/2 creature for . Turn it face up any time for its morph cost.)
When ~ is turned face up, put X +1/+1 counters on it.
4/4

Lethal Squirrel -
Creature - Squirrel
Whenever ~ blocks or is blocked by a creature with converted mana cost greater than it, ~ gains deathtouch until the end of turn.
It hates being called little.
1/2
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
Mucklurker Baloth |
Creature - Beast
As long as you control an Island, ~ has hexproof.
As long as you control a Swamp, ~ has ": Regenerate this creature."
4/4

Lycantropy

Lycanthropy
|
Enchantment - Aura

Enchant Player

At the beginning of enchanted player's upkeep, that player chooses target creature. That player deals damage equal to his or her life total to that creature and that creature deals damage equal to its power to enchanted player.

At the end of each end step, if enchanted player cast two or more spells, sacrifice Lycanthropy.

Nettle Hag |
Creature - Hag Druid

Wither
Whenever Nettle Hag blocks or becomes blocked, it deals 1 damage to each creature blocking or blocked by it.

1/3
Oathbreaker Baloth |
Creature - Beast
Hexproof
: Destroy target enchantment. If an aura is destroyed this way, draw a card.
4/4

That card is cool.

Privateer Cartographer |
Creature - Human Explorer
When ~ enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a basic land card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
: Exile ~, then return it to the battlefield under your control. Only your opponents can activate this ability.
1/1 
Quietwind Shaman
Creature - Elf Shaman [R]
Activated abilities of non-creature permanents may not be activated unless they are mana abilities.
2/2

Reinvigorate --
Instant
Untap target creature and put a +1/+1 counter on it.
"We were lost upon the path, the skies darkenening and briars clawing at our ankles, when suddenly the path cleared to show Faliyah's spires gleaming in the distance.  It was then we knew we could make it home." -- Colonel Harcourt of the "Lost 54th."
Soulmight Baloth |
Creature - Beast
~'s power is equal to the greatest power among other creatures you control and its toughness is equal to the greatest toughness among other creatures you control.
*/*

Tiny Ant
Creature - Insect
Whenever a creature blocks or becomes blocked by Tiny Ant, that creature loses all keyword abilities until end of turn.
"Ther' ain't much to 'em, 'slong as ya ain't too tricksy."
- Parga

1/1
Ulakka Tracker --
Creature - Human Ranger
Whenever Ulakka Tracker enters the battlefield or attacks, put a hunt counter on target creature controlled by an opponent.
Whenever Ulakka Tracker deals combat damage, it deals an equal amount of damage to each other creature with a hunt counter controlled by the defending player.
2/2   
Versatility
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant green creature
: Choose one — Until end of turn, enchanted creature becomes a 4/4 Rhino and gains trample; or until end of turn, enchanted creature becomes a 2/2 Bird and gains flying; or until end of turn, enchanted creature becomes a 0/8 Plant. Activate this ability only once each turn.
Man often learns from nature.  Sometimes, nature learns from man.
Whipweed --
Creature - Plant
Whenever Whipweed blocks a creature, you may pay .  If you do, it becomes an Enchantment - Aura with "Enchant creature" and "If enchanted creature would deal damage, it deals that much damage to itself instead."  Pay at any time to end this effect.
0/2
Xantid Hive --
Enchantment

When Xantid Hive comes into play, choose Artifacts, Creatures or Sorceries. Opponents can't play spells of the selected type.  

Why, that's just how I prefer all of my opponents. Covered in xantids!
Young Baloth
Creature - Beast
Trample
Whenever another Beast enters the battlefield under your control, Young Baloth gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
The young draw courage from the herd.
2/2
I remember when that seemed grossly overpowered. Ah, the good ole days.

Zen Garden
Enchantment
Creatures have "This creature can't attack unless you control lands equal to or greater than its power" and "This creature can't block unless you control lands equal to or greater than its toughness."
Peace is to imitate the intmate essence of nature, not its appearence.
Azor's Hand
Instant
Counter target spell. Until the beginning of that spell's controller's next turn, that player can't cast spells or activate abilities. 
Born of Shame ()()
Sorcery
You may put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield. It enters the battlefield with no abilities.
"What a way to enter the world: quick and without conscience!"
- A Tale of Tomorrow
Catastrophic Meltdown |
Sorcery
Exile the top seven cards of your library. Until end of turn, you may cast any number of instant and/or sorcery cards exiled this way without paying their mana costs.

Sign In to post comments