Psion Skill Fix PEACH

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
So the Psion's attachment to Arcana has always bugged me, as well as Psions not having the right skills to match what they should be able to do with their abilities. 

So here is my proposed fix, Psion's only get 3 trained skills and the following power based on their 

Telepathic Skill:
At-Will, Free Action, Psionic, Charm, Augmentable
Trigger: You would role an Insight Check, the key skill of a scrying or deception ritual, or an aberrent monster knowledge check
Roll a d20 and add your int modifier+7+1/2 your level you use this as your skill check instead
Augment 3) This power can be triggered by a bluff check or a divination ritual
Augment 5) add your int modifier+10+1/2 your level 

Telekinetic Skill:
At-Will, Free Action, Psionic, Augmentable
Trigger: You would role an Athletics Check, the key skill of an exploration or warding ritual, or an aberrent monster knowledge check
Roll a d20 and add your int modifier+7+1/2 your level you use this as your skill check instead
Augment 3) This power can be triggered by a thievery check or a travel or creation ritual

Shaper Skill:
At-Will, Free Action, Psionic, Augmentable
Trigger: You would role a Heal Check, the key skill of a creation or restoration ritual or an aberrent monster knowledge check
Augment 3) This power can be triggered by an Endurance check or a binding ritual.

The 7 is to mimic someone being trained and having either a background or racial bonus, while the plus 10 is to reflect magic items and feat bonuses, since it can only really be counted on in later levels to be used repeatedly.
I think this is a neat idea, but I'm not good at judging how game-breaking something is. I'll offer feedback anyways

Having the augments be 3 and 5 seems odd to me. Odd-numbered augments aren't used with the exception of augment 1. Maybe make the augment 3 an augment 2, and instead of an augment 5, you just have the d20 roll bonus go up by 3 at... 21st level?

Have you given any thought to how this might interact with hybrids?
Sign In to post comments