Is there more than just Exalted, Celestial, and Dreams.... YES!

39 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is there more to life than just 3 decks for multiplayer? the answer is YES!  lol seriously im really thinking investing time into multiplayer is wasted.  I believe campaign *even tho it is broken itself* is more fun than a human player because you can at least play DIFFERENT decks lmao.  I hate to admit that nothing can be done or helped about these players looking for the auto-win.  More and more I regret thinking things are different this time.

Does anyone agree or see what I'm saying? I know I'm a complainer but oh well.   Wasn't there a post about how many times a deck was fought against?  If so, could someone direct me to it? I'm curious on the usage of late.

Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I think it's just a fade. ED because Exalted is making it's debut in DotP. DP and CL because people think they're the best (even if it's not the case). DP is also popular because MoV was popular back in DotP'09. In about a month, everyone will be bored of these decks and every deck will have their share in the meta. At least it's what I think. I'm a positive guy

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

I think I've played against the Exalted deck like twice since debut....

I didn't know people played it.

Goblins on the other hand. 

edit:  In all seriousness, that is what competitive online multiplayer is all about.  People wanna win, so they're gonna use what works. 
Sorry, but I'm just tired of qq threads about how strong deck x and y is, and how apparently everybody exploits that "fact".
Nothing personal.

Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!

All the decks are a lot more balanced this time, instead of top flight aggro decks its popular play styles. Control and mill in jace, aggro in goblins etc.

Wait until the DLC comes out, the decks online will change then. Especially the players who never played Eons of evil in 09, that reworked deck is coming in DLC 1 and its going to be brutal 
Please refrain from personal attacks, this is a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here:  company.wizards.com/conduct. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively.
If you need help, you can contact us through the Knowledge Base. You can log in there with the same account you use to post here. Having trouble accessing the Knowledge Base? Post here and we can get it fixed.
Is there more to life than just 3 decks for multiplayer? the answer is YES!  lol seriously im really thinking investing time into multiplayer is wasted.  I believe campaign *even tho it is broken itself* is more fun than a human player because you can at least play DIFFERENT decks lmao.  I hate to admit that nothing can be done or helped about these players looking for the auto-win.  More and more I regret thinking things are different this time.

Does anyone agree or see what I'm saying? I know I'm a complainer but oh well.   Wasn't there a post about how many times a deck was fought against?  If so, could someone direct me to it? I'm curious on the usage of late.

I have been a lifelong gamer since pong, and I have believed for many years now that the future of (good) gaming lies in AI. Back in the day they used to say that AI was lame to play against because it was predictable but look where we are today. ANY game that comes out, every noob rushes to the forums and copies the top strats. Today in gaming in 2012, nothing is more predictable than a human! You can program an AI to try new things, but humans will always do the same thing. Over and over.... It's sad but true.

Honestly after playing multiplayer for awhile, I have already tired of it. It is Lifegain, Mill, or Goblins everytime. That's all everybody ever uses. That's no fun.
Seems to me we have a lot of casuals playing Duels 2013 then as mill, lifegain, and goblins immediately makes me think of casual. Those are some of the more popular casual archetypes I know of so I guess it doesn't seem surprising those are being played a lot.
I usually play Peacekeepers but i use Born of Flame so its no problem but this is the case for 360
I actually play DOTP for the AI as its the best MTG AI that I know of.  I don't like playing online against people I don't know, and no one I know plays paper magic anymore
what??   you got it all wronge  all i see people playing is  ovidiant death/ goblings/elfs/pack instict

and some times  dreams and celestial   i play on xbox360 most of the time..

plus dude you make it sound like if they choose those decks you are dead and thats not the case i fear the elfs/ lilianas deck more then those other decks..

and the love fest from me is better then ever..       i love this game is nearly perfectWink

and sorry for my broken english  
I see an even spread across all decks, with mill being a bit more prominent.

e: on steam 
I play mostly 3p Planechase and see pretty much every deck regularly.
Buy on Steam. It is the most hardcore group of gaming, and you will face more variety from noobs to very decent opponents playing more varied decks
Seems to me we have a lot of casuals playing Duels 2013 then as mill, lifegain, and goblins immediately makes me think of casual. Those are some of the more popular casual archetypes I know of so I guess it doesn't seem surprising those are being played a lot.

this.

Also, I agree with hydramarine - Steam version seems to have much more variety in both decks and player skill.
I'm on xbox and I see a fairly even mix. Probably least I come across is lifegain and born of flame, then perhaps talrand's deck; after that it's very hard to tell. Contrary to what you've observed, I actually find almost nobody playing Lifegain.
Ive had a lot of matches and still dont notice one deck being favoured, its an all round mix so far.

Brodo, im not a casual player, i just enjoy mill :P 

His point was that Casuals seem to prefer mill (among others), not that all mill players are casuals.
Won't your observations about deck frequency change as your rank changes?
Sorry, but I'm just tired of qq threads about how strong deck x and y is, and how apparently everybody exploits that "fact".
Nothing personal.

TAKE IT OFF PLEASE THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
I hope for those decksWink
My Chandra takes care of the first two and Garruk makes Puppets weep.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

His point was that Casuals seem to prefer mill (among others), not that all mill players are casuals.

I think the casuals just prefer whichever is easiest, seems as the aggro decks (odric and krenko) take more thought against non aggro decks than 2012, mill is the default 'easy' deck to win with. Same with lifegain being in 2hg, sit back gain life, win game. Itll all change, wait until the real skill based decks start to drop. From what weve seen already stainless have done a good job of making decks newbie friendly, while rewarding skill.

I cant wait for the dual coloured DLC decks and the trio-coloured decks im sure well get. Except that white/blue aura deck, it doesnt make much sense.  
As a side note, what are the chances of getting different decks with the same theme? Can we get another mill deck? another life gain or exalted deck?

I think the casuals just prefer whichever is easiest, seems as the aggro decks (odric and krenko) take more thought against non aggro decks than 2012, mill is the default 'easy' deck to win with. Same with lifegain being in 2hg, sit back gain life, win game. Itll all change, wait until the real skill based decks start to drop. From what weve seen already stainless have done a good job of making decks newbie friendly, while rewarding skill.

I cant wait for the dual coloured DLC decks and the trio-coloured decks im sure well get. Except that white/blue aura deck, it doesnt make much sense.  

I think there is a crowd that prefers whichever is easiest/most powerful, but I don't think it's a 1 to 1 relationship with casuals.  I also think casuals are more attracted to alternate win conditions and generally janky stuff, hence the popularity of lifegain / mill? 

I think there is a crowd that prefers whichever is easiest/most powerful, but I don't think it's a 1 to 1 relationship with casuals.  I also think casuals are more attracted to alternate win conditions and generally janky stuff, hence the popularity of lifegain / mill? 

Meet Jhonny, Timmy and Spike? Spike will play whatever wins the most, Timmy will play Garruk, Jhonny will play for strange ways to win (mill, lifegain).
The lifegain deck does lifegain well, but its a crap strategy. Sit behind a wall and hope for a win-con from your feldigar soveriegn (sp?)

Whats my name if i just like to play Blue? Or any variation of blue control/card draw? 
The lifegain deck does lifegain well, but its a crap strategy. Sit behind a wall and hope for a win-con from your feldigar soveriegn (sp?)

Whats my name if i just like to play Blue? Or any variation of blue control/card draw? 

Lifegain's strategy is not exactly sitting around with loads of life, it's a white weeny deck with a spin. Life gain is used mainly so that you can just disencourage attacks to you while you use life gain to trigger those 6/6 2HG imbas, the Well of Winning Games, Pridemeats and occasionally Felidar, the Late Drop. 
I absolutely hate exalted deck, I miss the days when you could see what deck was going to be used against you. I'd use fire against this cheap deck every time

What a joker. So your deck you use gets hosed by Exalted so you want to be able to counter deck them whenever you see Exalted come up? Nice sense of sportsmanship there. Counter decking is bald.
I absolutely hate exalted deck, I miss the days when you could see what deck was going to be used against you. I'd use fire against this cheap deck every time

What a joker. So your deck you use gets hosed by Exalted so you want to be able to counter deck them whenever you see Exalted come up? Nice sense of sportsmanship there. Counter decking is bald.

agreed.  I remember when 2012 had where everyone could see the decks for a few weeks, that was hell.
I have no idea what my favorite is yet because I'm still unlocking cards.  Hopefully I'll unlock more tonight.  .  Been so busy with work and other things lately. 
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
^ Same here. I've unlocked around 3-4 cards for each deck probably, so I still don't want to go online against fully unlocked ones.

I haven't got time to play but have pondered on taking vacations to finally get some quality time with this game, lol.
If you want to grind for unlocks just go against the howling mine encounter. The card draw speeds the games up and a lot of decks crush the encounter pretty quick.
I actually think this meta is an advantage to me. I've been playing a sick Ancient Wilds build and it appears few people know what to do against it.
>using the word "sick" to mean "cool"
>2012

Please remember to keep your comments positve, productive, and on topic. Remember we are trying to create a
mutually beneficial and productive community for everyone to take part in. If you have any questions or would
like to read the CoC you can find it here:

company.wizards.com/conduct

Thank you for your understanding!