6/26/2012 RC: "What's Behind Door Number One?"

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's ReConstructed, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.

And Door to Nothingness isn't a mythic rare why?
Presumably to satisfy those people who aren't interested in seeing another $0.50 mythic. It's already at ~$1 or so and it's eight or so years out of print. If it was new, it'd be mythic, but it's not.
Immature College Student (Also a Rules Advisor)
I'm wanting to play that deck

Seconded. If "Target player loses the game" isn't mythic-worthy I don't know what is.

Also, Space Jam reference? I am pleased. 

That was my first thought, as well.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c6f9e416e5e0e1f0a1e5c42b0c7b3e88.jpg?v=90000)

I'm surprised any card that says win the game or lose the game isn't mythic automatically. Really, how much more mythic do things get than that?
The end is always nigh.

Seconded. If "Target player loses the game" isn't mythic-worthy I don't know what is.

Also, Space Jam reference? I am pleased. 

Cause they want people to use it in their M13 drafts and sealeds.  Laughing
I'm very happy to see Door To Nothingness return. It's a card with quite a few good memories for me, and it still occasionally surprises people in the 200-card singleton 5-color deck I sometimes play in casual multiplayer. 
Rules Advisor. Used to play a lot of old Extended tournaments, now I just play prereleases and casual kitchen-table games with friends. My regular decks, many of which have been evolving for years: Contested Cliffs Beasts Coastal Piracy Hana Kami Spirit recycling Rout Multiplayer control Seizan, Perverter of Truth Commander
Magic 2013 has a ton to offer, from build-around-me cards like today's, to cards that fit more of a supporting role. In two weeks' time, the entire card image gallery will be out—and everything Magic 2013has to offer will be flitting through deck builders' heads everywhere! Let's see what you think might be good in Standard, post-rotation.

Format: Post-Magic 2013 Standard

This makes it sound like Standard rotates when M13 comes out (which is not true). There is enough confusion as it is over how this works...

~ Tim    

I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)
Another lame card, This is just the lamest core ever.
Learn about autocard here ==> [*c]Lightning Bolt[/*c] Remove "*" and you get Lightning Bolt. IMAGE(http://internetometer.com/image/27264.png) Keep extended alive for future generations so they dont have to sell out for modern. "If there is such a thing as too much power, I have not discovered it." —Volrath

i love the door, and the fact that they are reprinting it makes me verry happy. one of the first cards i have tried to build around (back when i only played causualy) was the door so i have verry fond memories of it
all of my randoms:
Show
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

Someone's bitter

Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

I've seen angels fall from blinding heights. But you yourself are nothing so divine. Just next in line.

191752181 wrote:
All I'm saying is, I don't really see how she goes around petrifying swords and boots and especially mirrors. How the heck does she beat a Panoptic Mirror? It makes no sense for artifacts either. Or enchantments, for that matter. "Well, you see, Jimmy cast this spell to flood the mountain, but then the gorgon just looked at the water really hard and it went away."
Lololololol!!

I just Doored someone this past weekend with my brand new 5-color EDH deck. XDDDDD

I admit, it does feel mythic to me.  Oh well.  If it were mythic we'd have people complaining about a junk mythic.  Can't please everyone.  I'm fine with it.

***************************************************************************************

From Mark Rosewater's Tumblr: the0uroboros asked: How in the same set can we have a hexproof, unsacrificable(not a word) creature AND a land that makes it uncounterable. How does this lead to interactive play? I believe I’m able to play my creature and you have to deal with it is much more interactive than you counter my creature.

***************************************************************************************

Post #777

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago."

MaRo: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.

Someone's bitter

Yeah every set release mtg gets duller and duller, now we got a cor set with alot of "build around me", Control is almost non existance like combo and aside from ajani, jace and garruk I dont want anything from this core set.

And I thought m12 was bad hahaha

I can say one good thing though, the intro decks now have 2 boosters in them now.

Bad set is still bad set, If this is the kinda powerlevel where going to be seeing from future core sets then they might as well stick the star back on them.
Learn about autocard here ==> [*c]Lightning Bolt[/*c] Remove "*" and you get Lightning Bolt. IMAGE(http://internetometer.com/image/27264.png) Keep extended alive for future generations so they dont have to sell out for modern. "If there is such a thing as too much power, I have not discovered it." —Volrath

Someone's bitter

Yeah every set release mtg gets duller and duller, now we got a cor set with alot of "build around me", Control is almost non existance like combo and aside from ajani, jace and garruk I dont want anything from this core set.

And I thought m12 was bad hahaha

I can say one good thing though, the intro decks now have 2 boosters in them now.

Bad set is still bad set, If this is the kinda powerlevel where going to be seeing from future core sets then they might as well stick the star back on them.

So, what do YOU want out of a core set?

Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

I've seen angels fall from blinding heights. But you yourself are nothing so divine. Just next in line.

191752181 wrote:
All I'm saying is, I don't really see how she goes around petrifying swords and boots and especially mirrors. How the heck does she beat a Panoptic Mirror? It makes no sense for artifacts either. Or enchantments, for that matter. "Well, you see, Jimmy cast this spell to flood the mountain, but then the gorgon just looked at the water really hard and it went away."
rather cool, but i would prefer reprints to be previewed a little more quietly, unless they were really popular the first time around.  And gavin, you know you can refuse to attack with your lingering souls?
So, what do YOU want out of a core set?

I imagine what he's looking for is value.  I know it's inane, and that it doesn't bear out at all until after the set goes out of print (and only then with unopened product), but it's easy to fall for the idea that powerful cards make a set worth more.

He's the kind of guy that wants to buy and rip open whole boxes of cards and make a profit.

And gavin, you know you can refuse to attack with your lingering souls?

Just cause he wants to win with Door doesn't mean he wants to play suboptimally.
I've lost to Door to Nothingness while Cube drafting. It was that reason I tried to get the only Door I ever found for trade for three months. One of, if not the, most entertaining reprint so far. Which is kind of sad, really.

(at)MrEnglish22

Sign In to post comments