How do dragonshard augments work?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
I am not running an ebberon campaign, but I am thinking of using dragonshard augments for magic weapons. I was wondering if you can add them to magic weapons. Obviously they would only be useful when using powers that deal their specific type of damage.

You attach them to a weapon and they do what they say they do. Magic weapons are weapons, so yes.
Sounds good, Thanks!
Was searching for info and found this thread.

I've still got question I can't find answers for.   I'm looking for clarifications, really.

1 - Can you attach a Dragonshard Augment to an Implement that is not also explicitly a weapon (Orb, for instance)?

2 - If you attach a Siberys Shard of the Mage to a Weapon, but then attack using a Ki Focus with the Weapon, with a Monk Implement Keyword power, do you get the bonus?

Thanks!
Was searching for info and found this thread.

I've still got question I can't find answers for.   I'm looking for clarifications, really.

1 - Can you attach a Dragonshard Augment to an Implement that is not also explicitly a weapon (Orb, for instance)?

2 - If you attach a Siberys Shard of the Mage to a Weapon, but then attack using a Ki Focus with the Weapon, with a Monk Implement Keyword power, do you get the bonus?

Thanks!

1: No.

2: No.  Monk implement powers use either the weapon as the implement OR the Ki Focus, not both, and the shard isn't attached to the ki focus.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
if you use the character builder realize that the shard can not be put on your implement (weapon) therefore you have to manually adjust your pwer card damage to reflect having it.
if you use the character builder realize that the shard can not be put on your implement (weapon) therefore you have to manually adjust your pwer card damage to reflect having it.

You can attach a shard to an implement.  After you add both to the character sheet, select the implement/weapon and hit the customize button below your inventory.  There is a drop down for augments, and your shard will show up there waiting to be attached.
thank you. I will try it.

You can attach a shard to an implement.  After you add both to the character sheet, select the implement/weapon and hit the customize button below your inventory.  There is a drop down for augments, and your shard will show up there waiting to be attached.

It still has to be a weapon that can be used as an implement for this to work. You cannot legally attach a dragonshard to a wand, orb, tome, ki focus, rod, or holy symbol.
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.