June Mega Errata

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
So June is suppose to be one of the big 2 months for errata in the year. Is this going to happen or will it be "forgotten" in the rush of 5e? Running on the assumption it will still happen what needs to be fixed or added still?

Hoping to see a change for Battleminds to use Con with basic attacks.
KAM!

EDIT:  Sorry, force of habit.

Bargle wrote:
This is CharOp. We not only assume block-of-tofu monsters, but also block-of-tofu DMs.

Zelink wrote:
You're already refluffing, why not refluff to something that doesn't suck?
Didn't they already nerf KAM?
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
That was the joke

Bargle wrote:
This is CharOp. We not only assume block-of-tofu monsters, but also block-of-tofu DMs.

Zelink wrote:
You're already refluffing, why not refluff to something that doesn't suck?

Thats unlikely to happen, as that'd require a brand new class feature, which they would never add. Heck they don't even want Dragon articles for psionic classes due to unpopularity. The Bmind is probably entirely off their radar.

Thats unlikely to happen, as that'd require a brand new class feature, which they would never add. Heck they don't even want Dragon articles for psionic classes due to unpopularity. The Bmind is probably entirely off their radar.

Which totally blows my mind. Because if the the unsupported classes got more support, you'd think more people would play them!

Which totally blows my mind. Because if the the unsupported classes got more support, you'd think more people would play them!

I couldn't agree more.

We have some long-range plans for our next campaign, and most people are PHB 1 or 2 classes, or custom creations, simply because they can do new an diff things that we didnt do with them before.  
Battleminds aren't exactly hurting, provided you pick the proper powers. And honestly, being easy to screw up if you don't take the proper powers is just a symptom of how the Psionic classes are made - it's not a Battlemind-only problem.

More likely to be a feat tax.
Unpopular or not, you'd think Battleminds could get some MBA love to bring them up to snuff with every other defender. Between feats (Intelligent Blademaster), at-will selection (Chaladins), and/or being Str based (Fighter/Straladin/Warden), every other defender has a fully functional MBA at level 1. Main reason I've never played 1.
What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
I was under the impression that a lot of people gave Battleminds, Chaladins, Swordmages, Avengers, etc. the pre-nerf melee training for free. It's hardly game breaking. Or is the problem not with practical home play, it's because this is charop and you can't use anything that isn't RAW?
You have to follow the rules in LFR. That's probably the main one, along with DMs who might not give it for a number of possible reasons (being a hard-ass, inexperienced, whatever it may be).
Put another way, the fact that a problem is easy to fix does not mean that it doesn't need fixing.
You have to follow the rules in LFR. That's probably the main one, along with DMs who might not give it for a number of possible reasons (being a hard-ass, inexperienced, whatever it may be).

One of the reasons a friend of mine plays a Hybrid Battlemind | Cavalier Tiefling. Good Cha-MBA, incredibly good marking for three turns with a pretty strong punishment, and Lightning Rush all together make a terrifying defender. Lightning Rush + Defender's Aura is good for when you are out of your mass-marks and power points (timing is a question, but at least you are imposing a -2 penalty).