3 [ISD] Geist of Saint Traft
    3 [FD] Trinket Mage
    3 [MBS] Hero of Bladehold
    2 [AVR] Restoration Angel

// Spells
    1 [DKA] Grafdigger's Cage
    1 [ISD] Blazing Torch
    2 [ISD] Silver-Inlaid Dagger

Just a concept that was brought up briefly in Standard General. Haven't had any time to test due to the end of the semester, but theorycraft is in full effect with this one. Basically just slam a lot of anti-Delver cards into one deck and hope for the best. 31 creatures means you'll have plenty of firepower throughout the game, even against Control.

Grafdigger's Cage turns off Unburial Rites, Pod, GSZ, and Snapcaster. Thalia significantly reduces the tempo that Delver is able to produce, as well as profitably blocks Geist and Strangleroot Geist/Huntmaster. Grand Abolisher completely changes the way Delver has to play its game, meaning they don't profit by keeping up mana (can't blindside you with Angel). Blazing Torch allows you to swing through Zombies with your Geist/Champion and shoot down an early Delver. I'm not sure Collar is worth it yet, but I like the idea of getting double value off your guys (with Haunt).

Dagger should give you a chance against Ramp and R/G Aggro if you don't overextend. I see those matchups being the worst for this build. Anyways, just a concept deck. Phyrexian Revoker has a good possibility of being in the sideboard for Swords, Pod, etc. I think B_F brought up the idea of using Leonin Arbiter (in the board) as well. I'm not sure how well that would mesh with this deck (and Trinket Mage), but it might be worth it to pay the extra two mana in the instances that both are on the board.

Thoughts? 

Team PMP - Practice Makes Perfect

Team GFG - Good F***ing Game

Disclaimer: This member may or may not be associated with Team GFG in any other regard besides his admiration of its members.

Use faith in the absence of science, not in its stead.

It would seem like thalia would conflict with your artifact package, slowing it down, especially if you need to trinket mage into the artifact then play it.
------------------------------------------------------------- Decks that I play Legacy- Ravager Affinity Modern- Standard- RWU Flicker EDH/Commander -RWU Numot
I like this, it's like a Trinket Mage Toolbox Deck.

I like this because your SB can consist of multiple copies of whatever 1cmc artifact you need more agianst the deck yoor opponent is playing.

I don't like the idea of the arbiter as a SB.

You have 24 lands in this build and a relietivly low curve. You could probably drop to 23 lands so you can add something else to to the MD... eh I donno, not sure what you would add...

Have you thought about Buried Ruin here? it can dig back up some artifacts your opponents found answers to.

How to autocard:

Show
[c]Blaze[/c] = Blaze

you can also...

[deck]

38 Relentless Rats

22 Swamp

[/deck]

=

dude forget the artifacts and just play four hex parasite and put like three mikaeus in here. hex parasite in this deck is such an awesome idea that i wana steal it real bad!
it would seem that maybe splashing green for gavony township would be a good idea also
dude forget the artifacts and just play four hex parasite and put like three mikaeus in here. hex parasite in this deck is such an awesome idea that i wana steal it real bad!

Mikaeus the W version or the B version? cause with the Lunach your not getting anything special, Hex Removes counters, Lunarch is all about giving and gaining counters... and well the Unhallowed, yes Hex could work well with it, but it's off color here. I'm confused.

it would seem that maybe splashing green for gavony township would be a good idea also

Again I think you're miss reading Hex Parasite and what this deck does...

How to autocard:

Show
[c]Blaze[/c] = Blaze

you can also...

[deck]

38 Relentless Rats

22 Swamp

[/deck]

=

It would seem like thalia would conflict with your artifact package, slowing it down, especially if you need to trinket mage into the artifact then play it.

This is true, but the artifacts are cheap already, so I don't necessarily mind paying an extra mana when Thalia is on the board (because it's probably hurting my opponent much more). But there are times that you don't have Thalia, and the toolbox is too powerful not to include. It turns all of your chumps into legitimate threats and Cage really dominates certain matchups (since most decks don't pack much MD artifact destruction). Also, I think Torch is much better than what people give it credit for.

I like the Buried Ruin idea. Maybe I can work in a Salvage Scout too. I actually wouldn't mind that at all. And Hex Parasite is just for taking out Planeswalkers like Gideon and Tamiyo in the U/W or Esper Midrange matchup. Perhaps it isn't needed though (because of all the beats), and I could go with a 1-of Venser or something as a finisher.

Disclaimer: This member may or may not be associated with Team GFG in any other regard besides his admiration of its members.

I personally like your Trinks twist.  Always a fan of toolboxing.  I also think the Trinks/Dagger pair should be used more often.  I kinda like the GoST.  Pretty cruel.

BUT, I really feel like you're being tempted into doing some jankity things just to play around with the Toolbox.  Salvage Scout?  Dude, don't do that.  It's cute with Blazing Torch, but none of your artifacts are that essential.  You should, after all, just be the beatdown.  You're essentially playing Salvange Scout over the other two Restoration Angels.  Grooosss. 

I like Hero of Bladehold, but I think Angel is too good not to max in the main.

I came across a very similar list from online somewhere.  Same idea, just mono white with blue for Haunt.

4 Cavern of Souls
4 Glacial Fortress
4 Seachrome Coast
10 Plains
2 Moorland Haunt

4 Champion of the Parish
4 Doomed Traveler
4 Grand Abolisher
3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
4 Nearheath Pilgrim
3 Gideon's Lawkeeper
2 Fiend Hunter
4 Blade Splicer
4 Restoration Angel

4 Honor of the Pure

SB
2 Angelic Destiny
2 Celestial Purge
1 Fiend Hunter
4 Hero of Bladehold
4 Oblivion Ring
2 Timely Reinforcements

These lists seem pretty solid.  I definitely really like the idea of just mind-blowing Delver players.  Hatebears.dec, prosper.

catowner wrote:
Welcome to 2012. Blue has the most efficient creatures, black has the all-in monocolored aggro deck, the most controlling deck in the format is green-red, control decks lose to aggro in attrition wars, and counterspells aren't an answer to fatties.
Islands wrote:
Pack Rat is like Bitterblossom and Tarmogoyf had a black baby.
I personally like your Trinks twist.  Always a fan of toolboxing.  I also think the Trinks/Dagger pair should be used more often.  I kinda like the GoST.  Pretty cruel.

BUT, I really feel like you're being tempted into doing some jankity things just to play around with the Toolbox.  Salvage Scout?  Dude, don't do that.  It's cute with Blazing Torch, but none of your artifacts are that essential.  You should, after all, just be the beatdown.  You're essentially playing Salvange Scout over the other two Restoration Angels.  Grooosss.

I've been working with the list some more and I agree with your Angels statement. The card is just nuts. I've maxed it out and taken out a Hero and a Scout. I'm changing my mind about Scout after seeing the matchups. A lot of times, it just gives opposing decks more targets. Ancient Grudge has flashback and Divine Offering gets Snapped back. I was initially going for a Leonin Squire type of card, but Scout isn't that. It just turns into card disadvantage.

I'd like a few more two drops and I might look to Revoker or Inquisitor to fill those slots. Or probably Relic-Warder.

Sign In to post comments