Nightmare Incursion bug and timer rework needed.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I was using nightmare incursion and while selecting cards to exile the spell just ended and exiling no cards instead (haven't click ok or cancel, probably because of the timer). The bug is when I cast rise from the grave after that and it says "choose cards to exile" instead of "choose creature to revive" and i can select multiple creature in my graveyard without having no effect at all. After I cancel the selection and recast rise from the grave it works properly again.

The timer system needs to be reworked for nightmare incursion though, as choosing that many spells depending on the game situation and especially if you control a lot of swamps is hardly manageable. How about setting the timer to X times 30 seconds or so where X is the number of swamps.
I was using nightmare incursion and while selecting cards to exile the spell just ended and exiling no cards instead (haven't click ok or cancel, probably because of the timer). The bug is when I cast rise from the grave after that and it says "choose cards to exile" instead of "choose creature to revive" and i can select multiple creature in my graveyard without having no effect at all. After I cancel the selection and recast rise from the grave it works properly again.

The timer system needs to be reworked for nightmare incursion though, as choosing that many spells depending on the game situation and especially if you control a lot of swamps is hardly manageable. How about setting the timer to X times 30 seconds or so where X is the number of swamps.

I have encountered this same exact issue when playtesting the black deck. The timer is definitely WAY too short for a spell such as Nightmare Incursion. You have to look through their ENTIRE deck and pick at a minimum of 6 cards and you only get about 30 seconds to do this, and if you don't have all the cards picked by the time the timer is up absolutely NOTHING happens.

I've casted the spell on 3 seperate occasions and not a single time have I had enough time to pick all the cards I wanted, thus resulting in nothing happening.

Basically this card should just say "Waste 6 mana in 30 seconds." Pretty sad because I was really looking forward to running this card in 2HG as well but with the timer how it is it is completely unplayable unless you are lightning fast which most times is not the case because almost everybody has a different build for their deck.

This is the only "unplayable" card I've come across so far.
This can occur in Planechase as well as I've had the plane's effect time out on me before I was able to filter through a library.  At the very least the effect should auto-resolve and select any remaining choices for you or at least verify that you have made some choices up until that point.  The timer has always been the bane of this game, especially when mass blocking.  It is no surprise that Stainless continues to make such mistakes regarding the timer. 
It's also an issue when assigning blockers when there are a lot of creatures. It seems like the time has been reduced from 2012, but somehow the selection system is even worse. It doesn't help that all the creatures stack up on top of each other so that only a sliver of each card is showing, even if there's room to spread them out more.

PS This is on xbox.
Sign In to post comments