Multiplatform connection?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm looking for some help understanding how the IPad, computer, playstation and TCG are interconnected... Obviously it's the same content and rules, but do players of different platforms play each other?

Is there a way to get the cards I buy on my iPad game, in the RL TCG? Or vice versa? I'm interested in playing both the card game and the app, because sometime I just don't want to fuss with cards, but I don't want to double pay for the same content, just because of the platform change. It'll just make me jaded that I'm getting fleeced, instead of being able to have the same decks transcend platforms.

So does anyone know they inter-dynamics of this?
I'm looking for some help understanding how the IPad, computer, playstation and TCG are interconnected... Obviously it's the same content and rules, but do players of different platforms play each other? Is there a way to get the cards I buy on my iPad game, in the RL TCG? Or vice versa? I'm interested in playing both the card game and the app, because sometime I just don't want to fuss with cards, but I don't want to double pay for the same content, just because of the platform change. It'll just make me jaded that I'm getting fleeced, instead of being able to have the same decks transcend platforms. So does anyone know they inter-dynamics of this?

I don't know if it's still the case, but in the past if you collected an entire single set in Magic Online, you could exchange it for the paper version of the same set.  Other than that, I don't know of any way to exchange cards between online and paper.

that still works
for sets in Standard you are guaranteed to be able to exchange them, for an older set only while supply lasts
proud member of the 2011 community team
There is no way to exchange cards from the Duels of the Planeswalkers game for real cards.
I'm interested to know if DOTP has cross-platform multiplayer. I have a feeling it doesn't, though.

It sounds like you think that you buy cards in Duels of the Planeswalkers. This is not the case. Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 is just 10 bucks for the whole game, and all the cards can be unlocked by simply playing it. (You can also pay a small amount of money to unlock a deck, though.)
Sign In to post comments