Goblin Dominant Meta

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
What are the opinions on the meta so far in the communities eyes? Some might say its too early, but i run into goblins over 50% of the time. What decks are flexible enough to fit the meta? Usually, since i dont have the lifegain deck, i just use the mirror.
I see a lot of goblins online but you can beat them. Pack Instinct is amazing and if you survive the early game with [C]Leatherback Baloth[/C] you will probably win with all the big trampling monsters. Ajani has 2x[C]Day of Judgment[/C] which is really amazing. I haven't played a lot with the other decks yet but I think every deck has a chance to be competive online.

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

Chandra,exalted and peacerkeeper deck usually beat goblin deck if I am not mistaken.Pack Instinct is quite even when you start.
For the record, I'd just like to say that even though I almost exlusively play Goblins it's only because I have a strong love of Goblins. That is all. 
I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.
For early rushing Peacekeepers and Exalted Darkness can keep pace with Goblins, they also have equivalent or better late game/game winners. Chandra's burn deck can also handle the goblins but you'll want all 1 damage to all creature cards and don't be stingy with your burn early on.
So far I find that chanda's deck performs less well against goblins that I might have thought. With cards like Ringleader, Mob Boss, and Clickslither, one card can instantly swing the board position even if you have been keeping the goblin count down with burn.
infest :D but there is alot of removal in the black deck unless the goblins are going first and have a amazing hand its not to bad
For the record, I'd just like to say that even though I almost exlusively play Goblins it's only because I have a strong love of Goblins. That is all. 

::thumbs up::

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

For what it's worth, in 2HG, no one plays Goblins (for obvious reasons). There, my friend and I mostly run into Ajani's deck (mostly because of the broken Serra Ascendant), the Mill deck (which is very dependent on its own draws), and, oddly enough, the Exalted deck. 
I see the Ajani Deck as well in 2HG, sad how most will do what they feel it takes to win.  I feel goblins may be a bit on the OP side, but it is destructible.  Trouble on the AI side is that the goblin (I forget the name) that attacks with haste 2/2 with text that says to reveal the top card of your deck and if its land to put it in the hand.  Well, the AI has psychic powers to know beforehand if it is a land or not because each time I have played krenko he somehow KNOWS when its a land or not, so he can do damage to benefit him or not.  So I feel in the hands of a human player this deck is a little less OP than in the hands of a AI. Btw, This is on Planeswalker level.  I use mostly exalted with walls and mostly defense to go with the certain unblockable or flying cards.
As far as the AI cheating on planeswalker difficulty, I'm pretty sure that was acknowledged last year (tends to get the cards it wants/needs for a given situation). Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe they fixed it, but I doubt it.

Also, I ran the dragon deck last year as a goblin deck because I love goblin decks. As soon as my stupid debit card gets here and I can buy 2013, goblins will be my first deck I unlock completely. They're just too darned fun. 
rough estimate of the games I played online (only 1v1)
4 x exalted
3 x Mill
3 x Lilianna
2 x goblins
1 x Chandra
3 x peacekeepers
1 x Ajani
1 x Garruk
1 x Ancient Wilds
1 x crosswind

Personally I've been only playing Chandra's to fully unlock that first before moving on. I'm fancying Liliana or Ajani after that.
Of course it's all anecdotal, but I don't think I've encountered anyone playing goblins in iPad multiplayer.  Exalted is pretty popular there.

I think it's been said before, but a testament to the quality and balance of the decks this year is that I've had an omgwtfbbqOP!! moment against almost all the decks at least once.
I was playing the against the Revenge AI Goblin deck last night. I lost 5 out of 5 with Liliana's deck. Lost 5 out of 6 with Chandra's deck. Lost 3 out of 5 with Talrand's deck. All those decks are fully unlocked. Was on medium difficulty.

What makes the Goblins so good: Goblin Ringleader

IMAGE(http://i46.tinypic.com/2b5wr5.jpg)

Goglins OP!

What makes this deck good is that it is super fast and then can finish off low health opponents.  Goblin grenade <----Star of the show.
Goglins OP!

What makes this deck good is that it is super fast and then can finish off low health opponents.  Goblin grenade <----star of="" the="" show="" quote="" br="" class="mbQuoteSpacer">

There's a reason the card name shortens to GG
I win 90 percent of my match ups against goblins, and I almost exclusively use Chandra. True, I have played magic for years and even semi pro once, but it still falls suspect to mass burn. It's easy to absorb damage from the goblin deck for three turns then quake the board or use some other mass destruct.
Goblins seems to have something in common with Beknighted in that if you're able to survive to the point where its top decking you can usually take the win.
Goblins seems to have something in common with Beknighted in that if you're able to survive to the point where its top decking you can usually take the win.

That's exactly why I said Goblin Ringleader was the best card. It's ridiculous!

You could be sitting good, removing top threats, taking minimal damage to the point where they're almost out of tricks.

Almost. Undecided

IMAGE(http://i46.tinypic.com/2b5wr5.jpg)

I get all excited when I see things like Goblin Grenade and Krenko's Command go whooshing down to the bottom of the library though.
Sign In to post comments