Unlocking Cards

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Whats the best way to unlock cards?

The psn store doesn't have any of the deck unlocks and in my current job I don't have time to spend unlocking all the cards just so I can make a deck build that I like.
Playing online atm to unlock cards is kinda difficult especially when you face ppl all the time who only use fully unlocked decks online.Just repeat beating the CPU players in story mode is the easiest way I guess,still takes some time.
Grinding the Suntail Hawk encounter is probably a quick method. Could be incredibly boring though.
Just a thought, I wondered if for Jaces deck you can unlock quickly by filling your deck with as much mill as possible and then playing encounters. Since they have 40 cards you should be able to deck them pretty fast.

I guess for each deck it's about finding the easiest opponent and hammering them over and over... a bit tedious  
I am a Rules advisor. Feel free to send me any questions as a private message! Check if you have found a bug in Duels 2013 Report a bug Report a technical issue I have written several guides to help new DoTP players here, move to the first post to start reading. They are also in Wordpress format here. The principles involved should still be useful for Duels 2013!
Useful links:
Find other DoTP players - a database of friendly players, find a match or post your name here to be added to the list! I'll add a D13 section if anyone would like. Ask a rules question - ask anything about DoTP, Magic in general, or to check out if you've found a bug by asking if the rules are being followed. Community thread for general chatter in the DoTP part of the forum! Guide to Yugioh on Xbox live: A beginner's guide focusing on the similarities and differences to Magic.
Yeah, it's really tedious unlocking against the CPU and the fact that you only unlock 1 card at a time instead of sets of how ever many like 2012 makes it even worse.  I am pretty sure Wizards/Stainless made that decision on purpose so that they can try to attract more people to pay for the deck unlocks.

I tried playing against some people online but as Liang noted it is really difficult to get a win against people who have fully unlocked decks.  I even resorted to asking a few people I had played a match against if they would consider taking turns conceding to unlock cards but nobody accepted.
1. Acquire time and patience. It's going to be BORING.
2. Mage difficulty
3. Choose which deck you wish to unlock
4. Choose which duel/encounter is easiest to win consistently against with the deck you chose
5. Have "fun"

You'll have to find out which fight is easiest, but I have a few suggestions.

Yeva: Garruk.
Jace: Hawk Encounter, Nicol Bolas. Yes, Nicol. He is a walk in the park and an easy flawless victory as Jace.
Talrand: Hawk Encounter.
Nefarox: Garruk.
Odric: Garruk.

Unsurprisingly, Garruk has yet again become the staple target for farming cards. Poor man just can't catch a break.
1. Acquire time and patience. It's going to be BORING.
2. Mage difficulty
3. Choose which deck you wish to unlock
4. Choose which duel/encounter is easiest to win consistently against with the deck you chose
5. Have "fun"

You'll have to find out which fight is easiest, but I have a few suggestions.

Yeva: Garruk.
Jace: Hawk Encounter, Nicol Bolas. Yes, Nicol. He is a walk in the park and an easy flawless victory as Jace.
Talrand: Hawk Encounter.
Nefarox: Garruk.
Odric: Garruk.

Unsurprisingly, Garruk has yet again become the staple target for farming cards. Poor man just can't catch a break.

Thanks for the tips.  Thanks to everyone else too.

It takes too long to unlock a single card even against mage level AI, so I dread to think how long it will take to unlock all 300.  

I think though that I will probably not bother playing the game until they release the deck unlocks, well, unless anybody here wants to take turns conceding?

I try not to worry about. I'm not in a mad rush to unlock everything as quick as I can. I mix it up by playing all modes and have fun with it.

If you want to do it fast though, the encounters are the way to go for sure. I found the 'ping' encounter #2 to be the easiest and least annoying for most of the decks.

IMAGE(http://i46.tinypic.com/2b5wr5.jpg)

I hate having Garruk unlocked from the start. By unlocking I get to know my cards and the deck. Luckily I can unlock it on iPad normally.0

Mostly unlock my cards through multiplayer myself. Why the need to rush? The core decks are pretty decent from the getgo. No silly lifegain or many ineffecient creatures. 

That being said, not looking forward to unlocking the cards on both iPad AND PC, but oh well...will do different decks on different platforms.
Speaking of Garruk, fastest, most consistant stomp for him is the Pyromancer challenge. It doesn't start until turn 3, and then it starts play 1/1s...
I find it nearly impossible to lose to the very first blue deck Crosswinds.  

The most it does to you is bounce stuff.  All you have to do is kill the 3/1 flyer it drops and keep the Ring of Evos Isle in check.

I find it much faster than facing the Suntail Hawk encounter.
I find it nearly impossible to lose to the very first blue deck Crosswinds.  

The most it does to you is bounce stuff.  All you have to do is kill the 3/1 flyer it drops and keep the Ring of Evos Isle in check.

I find it much faster than facing the Suntail Hawk encounter.

Encounter: Into the Mine is pretty easy if you have burn or direct damage or can pump out lots of creatures real quick.

The opponent actually gives you card draw by playing Howling mine repeatedly, and he never attacks, he just keeps casting a flying wall, and only ever one at a time. He does use Mana Leak sometimes though.
Jace's Dream Puppets is by far the quickest opponent to unlock cards against I've used. He doesn't play creatures aside from an occasional 2/2, and has no permanent removal. The lowest my library has gotten in all my power unlocking sessions is 20-25. It's made me doubt the ability of that deck to do anything at all I can't wait to get some fully unlocked decksonline to see what people are actually doing with it.
Yeah, it's really tedious unlocking against the CPU and the fact that you only unlock 1 card at a time instead of sets of how ever many like 2012 makes it even worse.  I am pretty sure Wizards/Stainless made that decision on purpose so that they can try to attract more people to pay for the deck unlocks.

I tried playing against some people online but as Liang noted it is really difficult to get a win against people who have fully unlocked decks.  I even resorted to asking a few people I had played a match against if they would consider taking turns conceding to unlock cards but nobody accepted.

sommbsnph you?? I want to be your partner offer friend option please. Steam player here.

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

sommbsnph you?? I want to be your partner offer friend option please. Steam player here.

I'm not on Steam, I am on PS3, sorry.