Dungeons & Dragons 3: The Book of Vile Darkness Trailer

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
Oh save us from bad writers.
And shoddy make-up. Seriously, the prosthetic worn by the villain--I can do better work, probably with less $.

Looks like another effluent-tastic direct-to-DVD product like everything from The Asylum: the sudio that brings us the "Mega Shark vs. ___" movies.
And chances are very good that, once again, the people in charge are people who have no idea what D&D is about, and certainly never actually played the game.
To be fair, the movie is based on a book that was regarded as generally bad in both 4e AND 3e.
So choosing to make a movie about it is any less horrible?
Why not make a movie based on a good book?
You know, as a change of pace? Maybe the Azure Bonds/wyvernspur trilogy? Or one of Elaine Cunninghams' books?
Oh, sorry, that might result in an actually decent movie.
Just think how a GOOD D&D movie could reinvigorate the brand and the hobby.  Spider-man and the Avengers series did wonders for the superhero genre.  LotR did wonders for the fantasy genre.

A GOOD D&D movie could bring D&D back to life, far more than any new edition.

What a shame this looks utterly terrible.

Its name is apt.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Wow, it's embarassing if you're actually beaten in fantasy special effects by movies like this
So choosing to make a movie about it is any less horrible?
Why not make a movie based on a good book?
You know, as a change of pace? Maybe the Azure Bonds/wyvernspur trilogy? Or one of Elaine Cunninghams' books?
Oh, sorry, that might result in an actually decent movie.

Just saying, when they announced it was going to be based on the BoVD originally my expectations were super low.
If I remember correctly wasn't their some contest tied to this? What ever happend to that? And who ever won...you might want to distance yourself from this movie.
Hm, I'd watch it.
Theres some cool effects in it and the Dragon scene is rather cool. I will definitly get myself a copy. 

Yes someone won a contest and his character was featured in the movie. To which extent i don't know.I wish i'd know who it is so i know to look for it when i'll watch it. 

Monica, Trevor or Quentin, can you guys look this up for us ?
Sorry, bitterness directed toward the studio and execs, not posters on this board.
Sarchasm.

I put that pirate movie onto my Netflix queue. Looks awful (like Asylum Pictures awful, but better than some of the major studio movies out there.
"You must be joking." - Damadar, D&D 1. lol. looks pretty bad, but I will have to see it.
Hm, I'd watch it.

Same.   I can spare the 90 minutes out of my life.

On the same theory of "His men would follow him anywhere, but only out of curiousity"?
Hm, I'd watch it.

Same.   I can spare the 90 minutes out of my life.

I'll probably watch it when it eventually makes it onto British terrestrial TV, but I'm damn sure not going to pay for it.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
oh ill certainly watch it, i love watching crappy movies

I put that pirate movie onto my Netflix queue.

:rofl enjoy

I put that pirate movie onto my Netflix queue.

:rofl enjoy

Well, there seems to also be an R-rated version of this (not that I know why the hell anyone would watch that instead of the real one Innocent )

Greg Blisland said on Twitter that on November 24 at 9PM, Syfy will premiere it.

Greg BilslandGreg Bilsland ‏@gregbilsland

On Saturday, November 24 at 9PM, @Syfy will premiere the Original Movie Dungeons and Dragons: The Book of Vile Darkness. 
I watched it tonight and i must say there's some good hits and bad misses. The story wasn't bad but there was some things i feel were unimpressive or disappointing, like the fake chainshirt instead of real chainmail and the Goliath painted skin. Some special effects were nice and some others a little wonky. While cool, the red dragon was not what a D&D dragon look like at all, with 6 eyes and only 2 legs rather than 4.  

I laughted when the merchant at the Adventurer's Vault ask the charater if he want to buy the heroic or paragon vicious weapon, bag of holding and knight armor :P

I wonder what role the D&D Community member who won the contest to feature in it has in the movie though.

[sblock]

Sign In to post comments