D13 Expansion 1 - Azorius's "Aura Servants" Decklist & Unlocks

400 posts / 0 new
Last post

Decklist for Azorius's "Aura Servants",
found inside the game files, so it may not be final.

The Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 Expansion features five new two-color decks as well as additional Campaign content. 
Take on your opponents with new two-color decks that correspond to the Azorius, Golgari, Izzet, Rakdos, and Selesnya guilds.

Aura Servants
2 x Invisible Stalker
2 x Aven Fleetwing
3 x Kor Spiritdancer
2 x Totem-Guide Hartebeest
2 x Auratouched Mage
3 x Talon Trooper
2 x Celestial Ancient
1 x Academy Researchers
2 x Auramancer
1 x Three Dreams
2 x Pacifism
1 x Daybreak Coronet
1 x Mind Control
1 x Drake Umbra
2 x Aven Mimeomancer
1 x Grand Arbiter Augustin IV
1 x Griffin Guide
1 x Sigil Of The Empty Throne
1 x Ophidian Eye
1 x Gift Of Granite
2 x Mammoth Umbra
1 x Ocular Halo
1 x Lifelink
4 x Evolving Wilds

Unlocks
2 x Narcolepsy
2 x Guardian Seraph
2 x Flickerwisp
2 x Followed Footsteps
3 x Indestructibility
1 x Godhead Of Awe
2 x Winds Of Rath
1 x Hanna, Ship's Navigator
1 x Empyrial Armor
1 x Wall Of Reverence
1 x Infiltrator's Magemark
1 x Sovereigns Of Lost
1 x Nomad Mythmaker
1 x Sun Titan
1 x Pariah
1 x Fool's Demise
1 x Invisible Stalker
1 x Three Dreams
1 x Kor Spiritdancer
1 x Triclopean Sight
1 x Griffin Guide
1 x Eel Umbra
1 x Ocular Halo

Promo Unlocks
1 x Iridescent Angel
1 x Geist Of Saint Traft
1 x Mind Control
1 x Followed Footsteps
1 x Sun Titan
1 x Daybreak Coronet
1 x Sovereigns Of Lost Alara
1 x Empyrial Armor
1 x Indestructibility
1 x Invisible Stalker

Oh no not an aura deck with hexproof creatures.
Let the QQ begin..... but this makes me kinda sad although it is hard to tell how this deck will be as the level of all the other decks has increased this year.
Your discipline, dedication and studying have all paid off. You have finally been nominated for the Azorius Senate!
Your discipline, dedication and studying have all paid off. You have finally been nominated for the Azorius Senate!
Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
Well, didn't take them long to crack it. Hmm... no new cards, huh? Maybe they have learned... a little. That said, aura deck looks like it'll be interesting. I would have preferred fewer Invisible Stalkers, maybe just a single and something like Auratog or Rootwater Shaman instead.
Wow Geist of Saint Traft.
I can already taste the rage incoming.

By the way, 5 new decks in one expansion?! Sweet! Are the other decks also in the files?

Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!

There are no enchantments that give hexproof this time around, and much less lifelink. Not to mention this game has much more enchantment removal than the previous DotP games. I think this deck will be pretty well balanced and not too broken except for maybe the 4 Kor Spiritdancers.
Thanks Evenfall, much appreciated
Thanks for the list.

There is not a single new card in this deck from the upcoming Ravnica set, and I bet all 4 others don't have any either.

This confirms my prediction that we will only preview Core set cards in Duels, but not Expansion sets. Because Duels = casual. And new players only need to know basic stuff a la core set. 

I like this deck already. Happy to see Pariah again.

In general it is nice to know what new decks will be included  to an Addon, but at the same time a little bit sad to see all those cards revealed shortly after the release of Dotp 2013.

It would be more exciting if we would see new deck lists a few weeks before it's officially announced and not 3+ monthes before!
Thanks for the list.

There is not a single new card in this deck from the upcoming Ravnica set, and I bet all 4 others don't have any either.

This confirms my prediction that we will only preview Core set cards in Duels, but not Expansion sets. Because Duels = casual. And new players only need to know basic stuff a la core set. 

Ironically, it also supports my semi-joking hypothesis that for RTR, they're just going to reprint three quarters of Ravnica block.
A little QQ -> Hooray for non-interaction! Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fun.  Auramancer 2.0 right there.  Eggs in a Basket.

A-hem.

Anyways, the last DOTP had like 3 Innistrad cards before it came out.  Not a lot, but it doesn't rule out the inclusion of return to ravnica cards.

Really? This deck again? At least there's no green for Rancor and Canopy Cover. And no Angelic Destiny too. 

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

Really? This deck again? At least there's no green for Rancor and Canopy Cover. And no Angelic Destiny too. 

But Sun Titan and 4x Dancers.Surprised

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

But Sun Titan and 4x Dancers.

It's powerful, but we already have things like Roaring Primadox + Elvish Visionary. I'm glad we don't have Phantasmal Image in this deck, btw.

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

I posted in the bugs list but I can already play against this deck(can't play it) in 2HG customer game.
Meh, and auradeck, but it don't look so imbalanced like the 2012 auramancer with that many lifelink and hexproof, so mabye it's enyoable to fight against and with it.
Don't like it so far, too powerful but the rest of the decks are strong too so, we'll just have to wait and see. So much hexproof is giving me a headache.
Idk about the power level of this deck. Yes, there's 4 of the 2-mana hexproof guys and 4 spiritdancers, but there aren't a lot of options for cheap auras. At least I can see a potential control deck out of this, which is what I wanted from a U/W deck since 2012.

On a side note, I'm sad that there's no new Return to Ravnica cards in these decks.  

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

This deck looks fun but, no Bruna, Light of Alabaster?
Do we really need this deck again? Okay, itS  :U::W: this time and doesn't look so fast as the old one but 4x[C]Kor Spiritdancer[/C]? What the hell?

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

'13 has a helluvalot more enchantment removal than '12 at least.
I can't see what makes people so afraid of auras.
This deck doesn't look stronger than the decks we have.

Invisible Stalker is annoying I guess, but not impossible to deal with.

WotC, I noticed you'll put this deck in the game only to benefit from Akoum in planechase. Now, Kessig is in the game too. Where's my Werewolf deck?

WotC, I noticed you'll put this deck in the game only to benefit from Akoum in planechase. Now, Kessig is in the game too. Where's my Werewolf deck?

agreed.
Meh, auras. At least it's a different color combo. Would like to have seen this deck based around tapping... well, everything. Or some Forecast. Should have a Azorius Guildmage too. All these new decks need them.

+1

I really hope there will be a werewolf deck. 
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.
Question to all those who say they find this deck fun: What fun is there in dropping turn 2 unblockable hexproof creature and pumping it up to victory? Do you think it has any real strategy?

What's so fun about being in autopilot mode, which also happens to be extremely annoying and totally unfitting in this format?

I agree, i love to play with a R/G werewolf deck.

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

Here is a link to the 5 dlc decks. I would have made post's with all of them but i have no idea how to link the cards. Anyway, i'm sure some of you can do that.

www.toptiertactics.com/2012/06/duels-of-...
It's ironic that it trades green for blue, now that Planechase 2012 is out, it added cards like Krond the Dawn-Clad, Indrik Umbra, or Elderwood Scion that could have see play. But, a differrent color combo is fresh, and Invisible Stalker will be interesting to play with. I just don't like U/W being auras...

Edit: I'm also curious as to why they didn't use Bruna, Light of Alabaster in this deck. Oh, and more irony, an Azorius aura deck, good thing they left out the Azorius First-Wing.
Visual display of CMC for aura deck

I've been testing this deck against Peacekeepers (wins ~ 50% of the time) using the build posted below:

Creatures:

2 x Auramancer
2 x Aven Fleetwing
2 x Flickerwisp
1 x Geist of Saint Traft
4 x Invisible Stalker
4 x Kor Spiritdancer
1 x Nomad Mythmaker
2 x Sun Titan
1 x Wall of Reverence

Enchantments:

1 x Drake Umbra
1 x Eel Umbra
1 x Fool's Demise
1 x Infiltrator's Magemark
1 x Lifelink
1 x Ophidian Eye 
1 x Pariah
1 x Sigil of the Empty Throne
2 x Daybreak Coronet
2 x Griffin Guide
2 x Indestructibility
2 x Mammoth Umbra
2 x Mind Control

Lands:

3 x Evolving Wilds
9 x Island 
11 x Plains

One would expect Invisible Stalker and Kor Spiritdancer to be the stars of this show, so I'm not going to waste anyone's time discussing why there should be 4 x of each in everyone's deck.

Other necessary creatures include Aven Fleetwing and Geist of Saint Traft.  This deck needs all the hexproof creatures it can get.

Sun Titan is pure card advantage if you get him on the Battlefield.  At worst he accelerates your mana by recurring Evolving Wilds.  At his best, Sun Titan will keep Pariah (arguably the best aura in the deck) on the Battlefield.

The rest of the creatures are pure utility while potentially enabling some nice combos.  Flickerwisp can be used to move your auras around, and if both are in the graveyard when Sun Titan hits the battlefield, both can be recurred along with another legal target of your choice.  Nomad Mythmaker is awesome in combination with a single Totem Armor aura in the graveyard.  Auramancer is great in combination with Fool's Demise, as is Sun Titan.

Wall of Reverence along with being the only Defender in the deck is also the only creature (other than Sun Titan) without hexproof with a converted cost higher than 3.  The means Sun Titan can't bring it back which sucks, but the card is too good not to include.

Regarding the enchantments, any aura with Totem Armor is an auto-include IMO.  However, if I were to drop one, it would probably be Drake Umbra since it's expensive and lacks vigilance. 

Ophidian Eye is a card I normally wouldn't include, but in combination with Invisible Stalker it's a no brainer.

I believe the rest of the cards speak for themselves, but Sigil of the Empty Throne deserves special mention.  This card is the atomic bomb in this deck.  Play it before other enchantments in your hand if you can.

Comments/ Suggestions?           

Good riddance...

Aura deck with hexproof, unblockable, indestructible and totem armor. GG.

I can tell this may be ridiculously overpowered. Gonna get every single bounce i can vs this deck. But then how would i deal with hexproof....
Good riddance...

Aura deck with hexproof, unblockable, indestructible and totem armor. GG.

I can tell this may be ridiculously overpowered. Gonna get every single bounce i can vs this deck. But then how would i deal with hexproof....

It's not as strong as it looks.  I'm only winning about 50% of the time vs.  Peacekeepers (AI) which seems about right to me.  I haven't tested it vs. any other decks yet, but I expect when all is said and done it won't been seen as unbalanced vs. the other decks. 
Idk about the power level of this deck. Yes, there's 4 of the 2-mana hexproof guys and 4 spiritdancers, but there aren't a lot of options for cheap auras. At least I can see a potential control deck out of this, which is what I wanted from a U/W deck since 2012.

On a side note, I'm sad that there's no new Return to Ravnica cards in these decks.  

Might be Wizards got smart and knew we would find them if they were there. Usually with expansion there is more cards to unlock. Just might be that the new cards to unlock will be RtR and they haven't patched them in for once ;)
How are you playing a deck that isn't in the game yet?

Might be Wizards got smart and knew we would find them if they were there. Usually with expansion there is more cards to unlock. Just might be that the new cards to unlock will be RtR and they haven't patched them in for once ;)

Crossing my fingers for the new decks possibly having placeholder cards in the game right now. It seems weird to include several copy of big bombs.

I'm using a different program.  

Lilianna's -1/-1 sweepers will have a major effect on this deck. Hexproof or not when those spells start dropping against this deck I don't know if it will be able to recover. That and the new Red/Black deck has a lot of cheap creatures and spells that force a lot of sacrificing. That will have a major effect of this deck too. Quick question though to anyone that might know.

If a creature is enchanted with an aura with totem armor is sacrificed by it's controller does the totem armor just fall off and the creature survives or is the totem armor negated because the creature is sacked? Just wondering.

I'm using a different program.  

There is also a bug that allows you to play in 2HG(non multiplayer the other option) When you select Talrand deck and it loads up the opponent's deck will be Saving Aura's instead of Garruk. I've played against it a few times just for fun. It doesn't seem too impressive.
Sign In to post comments