Duels 2013 Technical problems - please report your issue here

225 posts / 0 new
Last post
Do not, I repeat....
Do not expect any further changes in this years game.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Yep, total BS

I went from a 1st Gen iPad (memory on the device is too low so it crashed when playing Planechases), got an iPad mini as a gift, added the app, signed in to Game Center (Your profile, decks, achievements, etc are linked with this Game Center profile) went into the game aaaaaaaaaaaaaanndd.....TA-DA, nothing. Everything is locked (purchased all decks and foils)
I sure as **** ain't buying everything again but would like the stuff unlocked again

Although on separate platforms, it would have been nice to play the game on Steam through the purchases I had previously made but alas, it isn't possible
Hi,

I have Duals for the iPad, but everytime I look at top cards of the library (i.e. with Scry), I cannot put them back in order. The prompt asks me to drag the cards to the top of the screen but I can drag whatever I want, but it never stops. It keeps asking (when i need to order the top 4 for example), that I need to choose the first card on top and the second and the third and then the top one again and the third and the second, it keeps changing the order and it never stops.

Any help? I stopped playing the game because of this. I can't find any topics on this so am I doing something wrong? I have a third generation iPad with iOS 6.0

thanks 
Any help guys on the post above? No replies in four weeks?
Would love to help but I know nothing about how the Ipad format operates.
If someone had an idea on how to help you I'm sure they would have posted.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

I don't know exactly how the iPad works, but I know that Scry is a bit funky....it asks you to choose cards to put on the bottom first, then cards on top. Even the ordering is a bit funky. So my only advice is just to make sure you know exactly what it is asking for. If you don't want cards on the bottom, I know you can "end" that phase without doing anything. I just don't know exactly how it works on iPad
Oh I just found out, that with indexing the top 4 cards, it asks "select a card to put on top of your library" twice. The first one is the card that will be the fourth card in your library, the second card you have to select will be third in your library, the third one will be second and with the last card he'll ask "select a card to put on top of your library" again, which will actually be the card on top. Wow, that's funky indeed, but glad I figured it out. 

I probably have a weird way of thinking, since I couldn't find anyone who asked this question before haha 
Yeah....it took me a few times to finally figure out exactly what it was doing....Scry is very poorly implemented. They don't ever really explain what they are having you do, and there isn't a lot of scry in the game, so every time it comes up, it's like getting frustrated for the first time all over again :P
Well, I lost my purchased expansion pack. The one that includes the first multicolored decks. I have the receipt and I have tried the "report a problem" link with iTunes and never have received s reply. I also opened a ticket with wizards aon loll thet could tell me was to restore my purchases, which I had already tried countless times. I also lost agap of my progress in the campaign. Don't know what to do at this point.

EDIT: I'm on the iPad. 
Started playing this on the xbox and was rolling the the campagin. Then I decided to do download the expansions. Got them through the game but the game didn't see them so I had to download them again in the marketplace. The game recognized the packs. Decided to play online but couldn't see anyone else so I deleted everything and reinstalled and still can't see anyone(well actually saw one other on there). Am I missing something or is no one playing this game online on the xbox?
To use the expansion decks, you need to beat them in the expansion campaign. I wanna say "RB/LB" at the campaign screen to access it. 

Unrelatedly, I know it's been brought up, but it's annoying as all hell that when I join a game online on Steam, the game automatically dims my music.

I had seen a "fix" somewhere where windows causes it, not steam/magic, but it didn't help me.
Every time I enter in a code for the promo cards, my Xbox freezes. I've literally tried everything.
Does the XBox have a "defrag" or "restore file systems" like the ps3?
I've had a freeze up or two on the ps3. I know it's os is based on Apple's so restoring the file system helped fix things after any freeze.
Do a little research on cleaning up your system because you are the first person to post this problem and that might help.

Show

Well, it gives you the option to "clear system cache" on the hardrive. I have done so multiple times.

I've also deleted my profile off of my xbox and re-downloaded it. Ive tried to re-install the game, along with the DLCs.
I even tried physically removed the harddrive itself. 
But the weirdest thing about it is that I can't seem to find anyone who is having the same issue.

Oh well, I might just have to download it on a buddies xbox and see if memory carries over (which it probably should)
or just do a good-ol'-fashioned license-transfer.
*sigh* Frown

Hopefully mtg dotp 2014 comes soon!
A friend of mine just picked up Duels 2013 so we could play together on Steam and we have unfortunately hit a brick wall.

There seems to be no way for us to play together. We can not join each other's games via invite or regular joining by finding the player's match under custom games.

After several hours of research on both our parts, no fixes seem to exist and this problem has been present since 2013 launched and retro-actively affected 2012 and 2009, which leads us to believe it is a major problem on Wizards' side.

With 2014 coming out soon, it may actually be important for Wizards to finally address this issue.
Strange, I have no problem joining my friend's games or inviting them to mine on Steam.
I have a problem with the iPad version. I tried to download the update with the new cards and such yet my iPad said I didn't have enough space. I made sure specifically that I did, since the update was just over a gig. It is now stuck on waiting, and won't let me play anymore. Every time I click on the icon it either says paused or waiting. I was wondering if I delewilt he icon will I have to pay again and lose my data? 
2014 magic the gathering ps3

Cann anyone tell me if they've had this problem and if there's a way to fix it.

Playing DotP 2013, the game actually caused my PS3 to shut down. I started it up, then it went into memory check. It did that twice.

I didn't play for the rest of the day. The next day, I tried other downloaded games. Everything was fine. Games on CD, fine. I open DotP 2013, start a game, and the PS3 shuts down again. And now, my PS3 won't start anymore. The red light is replaced by an orange light for a second then goes red again.

It looks like this game screwed my PS3. I can no longer start it.

phaseshifter wrote:

Playing DotP 2013, the game actually caused my PS3 to shut down. I started it up, then it went into memory check. It did that twice.

I didn't play for the rest of the day. The next day, I tried other downloaded games. Everything was fine. Games on CD, fine. I open DotP 2013, start a game, and the PS3 shuts down again. And now, my PS3 won't start anymore. The red light is replaced by an orange light for a second then goes red again.

This is a hardware faillure completely unrelated to the game.  What you have experienced is just a coincidence.  Google "Sony Customer Support" for more information.

2 + 2 = fish

mjack33 wrote:

phaseshifter wrote:

This is a hardware faillure completely unrelated to the game.  What you have experienced is just a coincidence.  Google "Sony Customer Support" for more information.

Why does this coincidence only happen with DotP and I've never experienced a shutdown with any other  game?

I tested several other games for just that reason. Nothing went wrong. I start duels of the planewalkers. Systems shuts down within 10 seconds. Three times in a row. Thar doesn't fit the definition of coincidence.

Odric still breaks matches  when he attacks with his skill thing.

Hi

I'm playing on the pc version and randomly from yesterday onwards without changing anything I cannot join any multiplayer games and games I create cannot be found by other players. I had my friend try this out while I had an open game and he was looking for 2 minutes and then found a different game.
Additionally all expasion campain and challenges are bugged therefore beneath the circles (in the selection screen) there are just white boxes and as I start the game I have 0 cards on my hand and I cannot draw any ...

I will try a reinstall hope it works ...

So after the reinstall the game crashes as soon as it starts and in return I get this:
Duels of the Planeswalkers-v34-20131201-142955-5996-2012.dmp
Which I cannot upload since the format is not supported :/

Sign In to post comments