Duels 2013 Technical problems - please report your issue here

225 posts / 0 new
Last post
And another! If anyone can help with any problems that would be great. Wizards are not sending me any information about fixes or solutions.

I can access Multiplayer
I have played and finished online games

!!!I can not join my friends online game! !!!
I recieve the invite, but game does not join friend.
It is the same vice ver sa.
I click "Join Lobby" section in friends PSN profile, it still does not load.
It is the same vice ver sa. 
I have played against other pairs of people online, clearly conversing as friends.
Even to the extent that both spoke the same foriegn language. 

What is the problem?

Alright, so my friends and I have been having this issue since launch.  It occurs when entering the deck editor and then trying to accept an invitation to a friend's game.  Literally nothing happens.  There are two current workarounds that we have found so far.  1) Restart the client, at least on the 360 going to the dashboard and restarting the game will resolve the issue so long as you do not enter the deck editor.  2) Select the campaign and once the loading screen finishes you should be joined with your friend's game.  This option has not been thoroughly tested yet but it did work the other night when I tried it.

So far the only immediate cause for being unable to accept an invitation is when you enter the deck editor.  You do not actually have to edit or change any information either, merely load the editor.  Let me know if either of these workarounds help on the PS3.
*Silly friend joining bug*

*possible solution*

I can confirm the same thing happening with the Steam version, once you enter the deck editor you can no longer join games you are invited to. Restarting the game will allow you to join them again.
Currently running 64Gb iPad3. App worked fine for a week, now it won't launch. I see the gold dragon screen, it logs me into Game Center, shows a splash screen with the word "Start" on it for a split second, then it shows a splash picture screen with 'loading' in the bottom left corner and then the app crashes. I've tried unloading the app out of memory as well as shutting down and restarting my iPad. Neither one works.

This. Anyone solve this yet?

I have the same problem running 16Gb iPad2 Wifi (no 3G).  
there any news on a new patch that fixes this?

iPad 1 - reinstall fixed many of the previous concerns.  However, like the iPad 2 posts above, my app is now crashing at startup, even after shutting down wifi, and restarting the ipad.  Would love a fix without losing all progress.  Was in the middle of  the four-player plains walker game, then exitted, if that makes any difference.

For PS3 at least, if I can join a friends game through invite due to having been in deck editor, if I quit the game and accept his invite from my message list, it reloads the game and I join right away. I understand it's the sane solution as just quitting and restarting the game I just find it easier this way.
Another issue that's been reported is below. If anyone has any suggestions of how to help, please PM me. Thanks.

Please help, I beat the first 2 guys in revenge so the next 2 open up , but the first one is just a "O" with no pic in it and the other has a pic but its locked , so Iam stuck, I cant fight the first of the 2 so cant move on...  I tryed fighting the first 2 guys in revenge over and still the 3rd one is just a  "O" and cant click on it... 
I am a Rules advisor. Feel free to send me any questions as a private message! Check if you have found a bug in Duels 2013 Report a bug Report a technical issue I have written several guides to help new DoTP players here, move to the first post to start reading. They are also in Wordpress format here. The principles involved should still be useful for Duels 2013!
Useful links:
Find other DoTP players - a database of friendly players, find a match or post your name here to be added to the list! I'll add a D13 section if anyone would like. Ask a rules question - ask anything about DoTP, Magic in general, or to check out if you've found a bug by asking if the rules are being followed. Community thread for general chatter in the DoTP part of the forum! Guide to Yugioh on Xbox live: A beginner's guide focusing on the similarities and differences to Magic.
The online coding in this game seems worse than the last one.  It frequently prevents me from responding to anything if a player plays a spell...I hammer the pause button but it just carries on going regardless.
PS3 Version:

Can't seem to get online at all. Can't host games and can't search games.
I just get the errors 'No games found...' 'Connection failed...' and 'Server failed, please try again' 
Which is annoying because I seem to be able to join games if I am invited.
Any ideas as to why it would be doing this? Ports maybe?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 
Every time I play the Phyrexian Metamorph in the Sculpting the Perfect Warrior challenge, I automatically am presented with the Failed splash screen. 

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium. Steam. 64-bit. 

I open with Sculpting Steel the Battleskull. Then sacrifice the germ for one. Then attach the pod to the other germ (which has a Battleskull attached) and sacrifice that to kill the enemy creature. Then I cast Phyrexian Metamorph and that is when the Failed screen pops up.

I've tried this on my other computer and I get the same result and that computer is 32-bit Vista. 

I downloaded it for PC just fine, but when I try to start, it hangs for a minute, then I get "Fatal error: Unknown error" and the game never starts.

My computer is plenty good enough to run this stupid game.  I cant get it to work no matter what I do.  I conntacted Steam, did what they told me to do.  Still that stupid erorr message.  Can anyone help?

Every time I play the Phyrexian Metamorph in the Sculpting the Perfect Warrior challenge, I automatically am presented with the Failed splash screen. 

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium. Steam. 64-bit. 

I open with Sculpting Steel the Battleskull. Then sacrifice the germ for one. Then attach the pod to the other germ (which has a Battleskull attached) and sacrifice that to kill the enemy creature. Then I cast Phyrexian Metamorph and that is when the Failed screen pops up.

I've tried this on my other computer and I get the same result and that computer is 32-bit Vista. 

I was able to get past this by following this:

1. Equip Batterskull to Germ
a) Sacrifice Germ with Mortarpod ability targeting the enemy creature

2. Play Sculpting Steel with copy effect targeting Batterskull
a) Equip Mortarpod to Germ
b) Again, sacrifice Germ with Mortarpod ability targeting the enemy creature, killing it. Life total should now be 3 from the Batterskull lifelink.

3. Play Phyrexian Metamorph targeting Puresteel Paladin 

If I play exactly like this, then I do not get the Failed screen. 
I would like to report the following issue for PS3 and Born of Flame/Chandra deck - basically the automatic 'dump to combat mode' fails to account that you have phoenixes in your graveyard, which could be brought back and cast for attack that turn:

1 - Have a chandra pheonix in your graveyard
2 - Have instants and mana in hand

3 - On your turn, the system will detect that you *only* have instants and dump you immediately into 'combat' phase.

You thus cannot cast an instant to do damage to your opponent, which brings the phoenix back to your hand, and then cast the pheonix (which has haste) and attack that turn.

Instead, even if you pause the timer, it's to late - you  cast your instant for damage, pheonix goes into your hand and when you try to cast, it gives the generic 'declaring attackers' and you can't cast it until after combat mode is over.

The result is you miss out on 2 points of damage as a result.

I have hit this issue multiple times and it's pretty frustrating.

Copied across from bugs thread:

I'm experiencing Prey Upon having an extremely short reaction time window after the targets have been displayed to play my instants, it's like less than a second from the card's reached the table till the effect's resolved for me.
I have Auto Resolution enabled, dunno if it affects it, but usualy even with that on i get a window to play instants after each spell has reached the table.

Earlier today i noticed that when the game hangs for me on the "Start" phase, i was able to resume it by pressing Stop Time, then resuming, then entering the Pause Menu and going back.
I spent a few hours where it worked that way repetively. Skipping either did not work for me.

On the Player Status page of the Steam version of the game, i'm shown as having 20/25 achievements unlocked, but when i click the Achievements button in the main menu, where it loads the Steam browser, it shows 20/20 instead. 
I am a Rules advisor. Feel free to send me any questions as a private message! Check if you have found a bug in Duels 2013 Report a bug Report a technical issue I have written several guides to help new DoTP players here, move to the first post to start reading. They are also in Wordpress format here. The principles involved should still be useful for Duels 2013!
Useful links:
Find other DoTP players - a database of friendly players, find a match or post your name here to be added to the list! I'll add a D13 section if anyone would like. Ask a rules question - ask anything about DoTP, Magic in general, or to check out if you've found a bug by asking if the rules are being followed. Community thread for general chatter in the DoTP part of the forum! Guide to Yugioh on Xbox live: A beginner's guide focusing on the similarities and differences to Magic.
I would like to report the following issue for PS3 and Born of Flame/Chandra deck - basically the automatic 'dump to combat mode' fails to account that you have phoenixes in your graveyard, which could be brought back and cast for attack that turn:

1 - Have a chandra pheonix in your graveyard
2 - Have instants and mana in hand

3 - On your turn, the system will detect that you *only* have instants and dump you immediately into 'combat' phase.

You thus cannot cast an instant to do damage to your opponent, which brings the phoenix back to your hand, and then cast the pheonix (which has haste) and attack that turn.

Instead, even if you pause the timer, it's to late - you  cast your instant for damage, pheonix goes into your hand and when you try to cast, it gives the generic 'declaring attackers' and you can't cast it until after combat mode is over.

The result is you miss out on 2 points of damage as a result.

I have hit this issue multiple times and it's pretty frustrating.

Go to Options > Settings > Advanced > Make sure that Hold Priority is selected.  Problem solved.
I WOULD LIKE TO REPORT A TECHNICAL ISSUE

Whenever I select multiplayer from the xbox 360 dotp 2013 title screen, it just says "checking xbox live market place for new content...." then it stops saying that and nothing else happens. Nomatter how many times I press A it just flashes that and then nothing happens......

I have tried restarting the game, signing in and out, reseting the modem / xbox, going to deck manager and back out, going to campaign and back out.... nothing will let me access multiplayer....   

if anyone knows why its doing that or of a solution I would greatly appreciate it, THX!
Ipad3. Game app crashes after 2 load screens and connecting to game center. Yes, this does mean my game wont start, and up to this point, i was really enjoying this great update to magic. Please fix soon, perferably without a loss to my data!

Confirmed. I'm suddenly having the same problem on an iPad 2. It clearly seems related to Game Center as Magic 2013 doesn't crash if I log out of Game Center and then launch Magic 2013. That's not a viable workaround though, because without Game Center login, I can't access my progress or previous in-app purchases.  

This is a disappointing bug. I was enjoying the game, but alas, it's now unplayable. 

I would like to report the following issue for PS3 and Born of Flame/Chandra deck - basically the automatic 'dump to combat mode' fails to account that you have phoenixes in your graveyard, which could be brought back and cast for attack that turn...

Go to Options > Settings > Advanced > Make sure that Hold Priority is selected.  Problem solved.

Wonderful, thanks for posting this.  Had no idea what 'hold priority' meant in the settings panel.

Imo, they still need to update their default logic to account for the pheonix being a castable option, but this will at least solve it for me, so thanks again.

Update:  when I out of game center, the game started right up.  Looking for a way to recover my progress, log in and get the program to load.
Wonderful, thanks for posting this.  Had no idea what 'hold priority' meant in the settings panel.

Imo, they still need to update their default logic to account for the pheonix being a castable option, but this will at least solve it for me, so thanks again.

Yeah, the options menu can be confusing if you do not know what interactions you actually want.  Worse yet, the default setting are actually pretty bad as they do not account for many basic situations, such as the one you outlined.  I'd suggest spending some time in the options menu and just reading through what each option does.  This will go a long way in making your experiences with 2013 more enjoyable.  Sure, you will still encounter some problems here and there, but overall they will be much less noticeable.
Not only did logging out of game center on the iPad 1 enable the game to start, but logging back in while in the game enabled full return to previous progress.  This particular problem appears directly linked to game center

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but. in relation to the first two PS3 technical issues, when invites don't do anything if you go to campaign during the loading screen it ends up joining the invite that failed to work before. Several of my friends have tried this when they encounter the issue and it has been proven to work time and time again. I am pretty sure that any loading screen will have the same effect although I haven't tried it. I thought this was worth mentioning in relation to the technical issue. 
Ipad version (ipad gen 3). I often find it to be very difficult to select a card from the library or graveyard after certain seplls have been cast. Often the choose card option fails to select the card chossen and "dragging" the card into my deck or onto the board often doesn't work. Also I've noticed that I'm often not given a chance to cast instance spells. For instance, recently I tried to mana leak the spell Murder but even after pausing the game I wasn't allowed to cast it (recieve message that the game was busy). 
Copied across from bugs thread:

Ipad version (ipad gen 3). I often find it to be very difficult to select a card from the library or graveyard after certain seplls have been cast. Often the choose card option fails to select the card chossen and "dragging" the card into my deck or onto the board often doesn't work. Also I've noticed that I'm often not given a chance to cast instance spells. For instance, recently I tried to mana leak the spell Murder but even after pausing the game I wasn't allowed to cast it (recieve message that the game was busy).  
Useful links:
And another:

I can never connect to a friends game.  The invite system just plain does not work.  I am on the 360.  I can accept invites but nothing happens.

Is there a work around to actually join a friend's game? 
Useful links:
If you get a message from steam cloud to use cteam cloud or local data because of different data, then DON'T use steam data as it will erase your local save game and you will end up with the standard game and no unlocks and other data will be lost.
I found out the hard way and still figure out how to restore my data but I think its gone for good, but I've send a mail to steam support too see if they can solve this issue. Its kind of ridiculous that there is only 1 steam cloud backup, if you had several you could choose like one from 1 day past and it would all be good but this way they reset the game and use this as the steam cloud backup, really bad design and it have happened to many people before. Don't ever trust steam cloud, it was the biggest mistake I did trust them. It also happens in other games when using steam, take care and use local files instead. I hope they will fix this in future so you can choose files from your steam cloud service. Why do they even have it when its not working probably and is kind of broken and no option too choose which files too backup or having daily backup, its only a few kb's andd 100 mb a game they could easily fix game resets and made it easier for users to get back save games.
Hey sorry if this has been noted before (I did have a quick skim through the pages but didn't see it) but whenever I attempt to activate card abilities by right-clicking them the game suffers massive lag and the ability does not function. From what I can tell this only occurs in multiplayer mode. I know its only a small thing sinse I can just zoom to activate abilities but i've been right-clicking so long in single player its become second nature.

Edit: Steam version by the way. Sorry.

Welcome! I'm Garren and I'll be your designated villain for the evening.

I, Garren, will knock you all down!

Not only did logging out of game center on the iPad 1 enable the game to start, but logging back in while in the game enabled full return to previous progress.  This particular problem appears directly linked to game center

Thanks A LOT buddy!!
Ipad3. Game app crashes after 2 load screens and connecting to game center. Yes, this does mean my game wont start, and up to this point, i was really enjoying this great update to magic. Please fix soon, perferably without a loss to my data!

Confirmed. I'm suddenly having the same problem on an iPad 2. It clearly seems related to Game Center as Magic 2013 doesn't crash if I log out of Game Center and then launch Magic 2013. That's not a viable workaround though, because without Game Center login, I can't access my progress or previous in-app purchases.  

This is a disappointing bug. I was enjoying the game, but alas, it's now unplayable. 

Just log out of Game Center (before launching Magic 2013), close Game Center, open Magic 2013, log in Game Center once inside the application! it works!
 A couple of issues on the Xbox Live version. Not sure if these have been reported or not. I skimmed through the thread but didn't see them.

I'm having trouble with the game resetting the Settings/Preferences back to defualt. Normally not really a major issue, hoever the sound in the game is dumb loud. I use Tritton surround sound headphones for a lot of games and I'm usually in Xbox Live party chat when I'm playing. When the Setting get defaulted, it's so loud it's amlost eardrum peircing.

I and other friends of mine have experienced the game intermittently skipping phases. We experienced this in last year's game, kinda hoped they were going to fix it. Most of the time our attack phase or an opponent's end phase. I've seen this happen 1 v1, 2v2, and other free-for-alls, basically wherever you are playing agains the AI.

Online seems to be sketchy sometimes in regards to stopping the timer to play an instant or trigger an ability. It's almost like the above bug where the phase doesn't get skipped, you see the visual effects of what is happening, but what results is almost like what you were trying to do was skipped over.

Example: You Searing Spear my Goblin Fireslinger. In response,  I stop the timer. I tap Fireslinger to deal 1 damage to you.

Here is what happens. Fireslinger visual effect goes off targeting you. You don't actually take any damage. Searing Spear resolves killing Fireslinger. I'm left sitting there wondering what the heck just happened.

Here is another example. You play a spell. I want to counter it, but don't have a Counter. I stop the timer, play Visions of Beyond. 1 of 2 could happen here. I see Visions resolve, but I draw no cards and your spell goes through before I can stop the time again. Or I draw off of Visions, draw a Counterspell, play Counterpell, watch it resolve, and your spell goes through anyway.

I've seen both scenarios countless time while playing mulitplayer. It's almost like the other person has a button they can push that allows them to say yes or no to spells or abilitilies you play/activate in response to what they are doing.
I created this thread to seperate technical problems (screens freezing, games not loading, failing to join online games etc.) from gameplay and rules bugs. This is because these types of problems are more lengthly, platform specific and often harder to reproduce exactly. I won't try to keep a running list of these issues as it would quickly run into multiple pages. Instead I will be copying across all issues I consider to be of the technical sort already posted in the bugs thread, and then please can everyone post on here any more problems they find. 

If you can confirm a particular problem that has already been mentioned, please PM me this information even if you post it here as well. I'll keep a seperate list of confirmed issues to submit to Wizards/Stainless. I won't post them all here because given the amount of text needed, again this initial post would soon run out of room. But I'll happily send copies of my list to anyone on request.

Thanks very much everyone for your help and support!

Technical issues moved from bugs thread: (sorry about formating, gone a bit wonky after much copy/pasting!)

• Invisible unlocked cards:
    iPad 3 iOSversion: 5.1

BUG -- Deck Manager (Invisible unlocked cards):
    If you have unlocked cards, then go into the deck manager, click 'Reset Deck' it will properly remove the unlocked cards from your deck. However you cannot scroll through those cards and re-add them back into your deck. It makes the scrolling sound, but if you try to drag one of the invisible cards it says, "Cannot add this card as it would increase your deck size above 100. Your deck cannot have more than 100 cards."

Work-around:
    'Save and Quit' the deck manager(with a un-modified deck [reset to original 60cards]), then re-launch the deck manager to see the cards.

• iPad 1 version crashes all the time I play Planechase.

• PC FFA bug:
    A disappearance of my HUD which rendered me unable to perform any actions. It seems to occur randomly when a card is zoomed in (which correctly causes the HUD to disappear), but the HUD does not reappear once the card is zoomed out. I found that this can be fixed in-game by rotating my perspective to other players, and then back to my own (default numpad 4 or 6). This happened to me a total of 3 times, but didn't seem to affect any other players.

• In multiplayer on xboxlive. After defeating an opponent using a fully unlocked deck I still get a message saying that I've unlocked a card!

• If I as the game host unselect AI Takeover, my friends get disconnected from the game upon entering.  The same thing happens when I join a game of theirs if we do not leave the Ai takeover box checked.

• It's really hard to touch the card underneath but not the card on top. For instance, when I'm able to destroy a target artifact or enchantment and I need to target an equipment under a target. Suggestions might be logically deducing the card (ie. normal creature with equipment -> pretty obvious which one I'm after), or the first touch on the pile exposes the pile, letting me then choose the target. 

• PC glitches:
    This is on the PC version and I don't know how to reproduce it but the bug with turns never ending is still here. Same with sometimes not being able to join any games requiring a restart of the game. A bug I can reproduce however is after alt tabbing, sometimes the orange borders are at the wrong place and the enemies deck doesn't show up.

Oh and after an opponent paused during an exile animation the game couldn't be continued. Had to concede. Also when joining a game my Itunes music goes softer.

• The player selection window for Jace's Erasure seems to mysteriously vanish in certain situations, effectively ending the game as you are unable to choose the card's target. It's happened twice to me, both times I've had the exact same cards on my side of the board (excluding lands). [Screenshot available]

• Receiving an invite while in Deck Editor causes problems like not being able to join game and lagging out on joining screen.

• Online game bugs:
    I have found 3 major bugs in online games.

1° )If I use the option to automatically join a random game,sometimes it for some reasons fail,& from that moment on every other attempt will fail,the only solution is to restart magic...very annoying.
    2° )most of the game I have played with 4 players get "frozen" at a certain point,the "time bar" keep going so the game is not frozen,but the player can't use the button to skip to the next phase or doing anything,the game became unplayable,so 3 player have to quit & the last one win.

3° )this is happened 2 times,the Hud disappear,all the avatar of the player,the life bar,the buttons to skil the phase,the chat... the cards & all the "battlefield" is still visible but the player (me) lose the ability to do anything,can't even play the card clicking on them even if they glow in orange.

My Computer is an hell of a machine I play hundreds of different games & they all work perfectly,so this game is totally bugged.(the only other thing I can think off is a program from my motherboard called EPU-6 that is setted to make a slight downcloack of my processor is order to save power,it gave problem in 2 games but was only a video-audio sync problem,nothing bad like in this game,so probably is not related.)
    In my experience 8 online matches out of 10 where bugged,a complete waste of my money.

• For some reason I can't load the game.

• PC version. Intro video stutters, so i rename all video *.wmv to something else, which makes the game loads faster.

• The netcode of the game is as crappy as the one of DotP2012. The most annoying thing is that sometimes, on Steam, you have to wait a minute after trying to join a game and then get the error message "unable to join" (or similar). After that you get the message "no games found" when clicking on any multiplayer option, which is definitely not true. The only solution is to restart the game.

• It takes about 5 minutes for the splash screen with Nicol Bolas to appear, and after another 10 it still hasn't progressed past that screen. I'm using Windows XP 32 bit SP 3.

• Just wanted to test out how much dmg Garruk Deck could do, in the end I had like 100 insect tokens, 50 wolf tokens, 10 beast tokens, every big creature on the table and like thousand/thousand Primordial hydra. But after I attacked with everything the game crashed, it seems that was too much for the computer?

• After alt tabbing some cards dont display or have the wrong position.

• Volume issue:
    Upon entering the multiplayer section of the game, Ventrillo is being turned to very low volumes.  Not sure why this is happening, but when we leave the multiplayer section Vent is still not turned back up to its original volume and we have to shut the program down entirely and restart it.  

Reproduce:
    1. Connect to a vent of your choice
    2. Start DotP:2013
    3. Enter a multiplayer game

• Dual audio during cutscenes, during some cutscenes I can hear two soundtracks playing at once not big issue but a bug all the same. On Xbox live.

• Not exactly sure what happened, but in 1v1 multi after zooming in to look at one of my cards, the icon of the opposing player disappeared and I could no longer select anything. The game continued as normal, timing out and moving to the next phase/turn etc. I tried pressing buttons, but any button triggers seemed to be disabled by the glitch also. Occassionally the game would return to normal for a second, but then go back to glitch the second I did something. 

• Planechase cards don't seem to have a More Info button, so I couldn't find out what "scry" meant.

• I've unlocked 2 cards for the Chandra deck, but inside the deck manager it says 0 and won't let me edit the deck.

• PS3 problem:

1. Invited to a game and nothing happen. Stayed at main screen

2. Went to "Join game lobby" thru one of my friends on psn friend list and nothing happen. Stayed at main screen

3. Was in 4FFA online lobby and when game went to start and load i got auto booted to the main screen

• Battery issue:

iPad - Specifically iPad 1 (MC497X) - Version 5.1.1 (9B206)

Battery Performance - Battery performance of Duels 2013 is extremely poor. I've gone from a 90% charge to 4% in the space of 6.5 hrs with 4 hours of that with my iPad idle. I understand that it is an high performance app that uses alot of resources, currently Infinity Blade II has much better battery life performance than Duels 2013 and that this is a hog. I don't know if Duels does anything while idling in the background, but battery charge has been dropping far faster than normal when iPad is idle. At its current rate users will need to manually shut down Duels 2013 in the background app control in order to preserve battery life.

I have a very well conditioned iPad 1 battery that usually lasts days between recharges, even with things like IB II running. However as soon as Duels 2013 has been installed its gone down to running on empty.  Please take a look at this.

• I downloaded it for PC just fine, but when I try to start, it hangs for a minute, then I get "Fatal error: Unknown error" and the game never starts. I can play other games just fine, so I don't think it's the system specs.

DoTP 2013.  On PC.

9/10 games (or more) my Opponent gets disconnected from my Multiplayer game.

I use AI Takeover option so I can continue player.

However, after my game with the AI finishes.  I have to exit the game and restart it because I am out of synch with the network.  I can no longer join games or successfully host games until I restart DoTP.

I have to do this restart after EVERY multiplayer game due to losing network sync (I assume)       
DoTP 2013.  On PC.

9/10 games (or more) my Opponent gets disconnected from my Multiplayer game.

I use AI Takeover option so I can continue player.

However, after my game with the AI finishes.  I have to exit the game and restart it because I am out of synch with the network.  I can no longer join games or successfully host games until I restart DoTP.

I have to do this restart after EVERY multiplayer game due to losing network sync (I assume)
Just log out of Game Center (before launching Magic 2013), close Game Center, open Magic 2013, log in Game Center once inside the application! it works!

I tried this.  Soon as I reconnect to Game Center it crashes out. 

------------ http://twitter.com/#!/combatadvantage

Online seems to be sketchy sometimes in regards to stopping the timer to play an instant or trigger an ability. It's almost like the above bug where the phase doesn't get skipped, you see the visual effects of what is happening, but what results is almost like what you were trying to do was skipped over.

Example: You Searing Spear my Goblin Fireslinger. In response,  I stop the timer. I tap Fireslinger to deal 1 damage to you.

Here is what happens. Fireslinger visual effect goes off targeting you. You don't actually take any damage. Searing Spear resolves killing Fireslinger. I'm left sitting there wondering what the heck just happened.

Here is another example. You play a spell. I want to counter it, but don't have a Counter. I stop the timer, play Visions of Beyond. 1 of 2 could happen here. I see Visions resolve, but I draw no cards and your spell goes through before I can stop the time again. Or I draw off of Visions, draw a Counterspell, play Counterpell, watch it resolve, and your spell goes through anyway.

I've seen both scenarios countless time while playing mulitplayer. It's almost like the other person has a button they can push that allows them to say yes or no to spells or abilitilies you play/activate in response to what they are doing.

I haven't really seen anything like the cards playing with no effect taking place, but I can report than certain creature abilities get really wonky when you try and stop the timer, including clearly "triggering" but then undoing itself as the game resolves. It happens most often for me when I try to pump shades, even more specifically when I try to pump them more than once in a turn (i.e. I pump just enough to survive and kill a blocker, then try to pump again to survive a new instant on stack like a Searing Spear or I pump enough to draw out a potential burn card then pump again when confident opponent's not planning on playing anything). Sometimes it will even show the numbers re-calculate hovering over shade AND tap my land but then as damage resolves my lands untap and it only does damage of first tap with my intended pump count still hovering over shade.

I've also had difficulty just pausing in some games as I've missed critical Manipulator taps prior to combat or missed a Griselbrand activation during opponents end step, etc. What's really scary with Grisel is sometimes it's not clear whether I've activated or not and if I do it again I'd kill myself.

I think it's a lag issue.
Im prety sure this is the right thread to post this if not please tell me where to go.

So this is kinda  an annoying bug. When i go to deck manager and look at cards all the information regarding to abilities, little stories, etc, are missing from the box. So now when i want to find out what a card does i either A) play and find out eventually or B) look up the card online which is an annoying hastle. If someone has a fix please tell me asap since custimizing decks is becoming quite hard. 
Two reports copied from the bug thread:

I am running into the same exact problem that made 2012 effectivly unplayable. For some reason at random times (usually right from the start) the mouse will either stop working entirely for controlling cards, or constantly scroll to the right making other cards very difficult to select. This problem should have been fixed in 2012, to have it appear in 2013 as well is unacceptable.

Twice now while playing on the iPad (version 1), I've stopped playing to come back moments later, and the game goes through the two dragon screens then skips the start screen and then exits the game.  The first time I just started it through Game Center and it worked.  But I lost all cards.  Tonight it did it again.  I've shut everything down, logged out of Game Center, turned off iPad and still nothing.  I'm not gonna be happy if I loose everything AGAIN! UGH... 
Useful links:
And another:

In need of assistance:

While I'm playing planeswalker 2013 and am having a problem with the campaign. When i attempt to vs Liliana I cannot see her Bio screen (pre-gameplay) and the screen flashed white and then turns black. I am still able to hear the sounds and click buttons but are not able to proceed. I have no clue how to fix this and it seems no one else is having this problem.

I have tried to uninstall/reinstall but it doesnt resolve it. Someone please help me with this. 
Useful links:
Let me appologize ahead of time if these issues were already mentioned. I'm a bit crunched for time. 

I play on the Xbox version. The first issue I have is in order to accept a 2HG invite after I was in the deck manager I have to completely dashboard and reload. Without reloading the game the invite doesn't work. It also affected the few plansechase invites I tried to accept. 

Next issue is sometimes when I load up the game my settings/options and persona are reset. It was ok for awhile but now it is getting annoying having to change all of my setting back to the way I like them almost everytime I load up.

The final issue I have is with my player stats sort of resetting. I had gotten my life total up to 9999 while messing around in a 2HG with friends. Highest life total stayed at 9999 for awhile then I noticed it went down to 20 and has stayed put. I have had more than 20 life since and it just doesnt count it. Same with the other stat numbers. They don't seem to change even though I'm pretty sure the numbers have increased since. I can't say for sure if the other stat numbers changed when the life number did but I know they are stuck where they are now.   

When playing the Goblin deck if I play Goblin assult before the attack phase the game has a tendency to go out of sync.  It will declare my attackers.  The attackers will be recalled and then the attack phase will end.  Then the timer on the second main phase will drain and then the game just stop progressing.

XBOX360
I've brought over more problems from the bug thread. If anyone noticed they too have these problems, or any of the problems already listed anywhere in this thread, please send me a private message letting me know what issue that is so I can keep a record of confirmed problems. Thank you! I can then communicate this to Wizards.

----

If the only action I have available is getting back Magma Phoenix from my graveyard, and I have the mana open for this, the game just skips right over my first main phase not giving me the chance to activate the ability.

----

The iPad game forgets some of the decks I saved! That's the bug. In detail:

iPad, current mtg game. I have bought the game ($9.99) and unlocked three decks: born of flame, goblin gangland, and most recently, obedient dead. I developed 60 card decks for these three, saved them and tuned them, and I have had fun playing them lately.

Today, the two red decks have 75 cards in them instead of 60. What happened? I did not expect this mess, so I had not yet written down my exact decks. I will have to tune them all over again, and I was very happy with them. Darn. 
Useful links:
PS3 BUG
Well this has been going on for while, and its not only effecting me its everyone that i know. Game starts normally, and sometimes last about 10 minutes usually less, and then the game loads you to main menu and text appears, "You have been returned to main menu because your connection to Playstation@network was lost" but thats not true the connection to PSN is still open...so was my money well spent or what?