If you can confirm a particular problem that has already been mentioned, please PM me this information even if you post it here as well. I'll keep a seperate list of confirmed issues to submit to Wizards/Stainless. I won't post them all here because given the amount of text needed, again this initial post would soon run out of room. But I'll happily send copies of my list to anyone on request.
Update: This is a list of possible fixes/workaround I have been sent for technical problems. If you find these useful, or if you have any of your own to add to the list, please send me a message to let me know!
Workaround (thanks to Castroviejo): I just entered Steam games library, choose the Duels 2013 and started looking at properties and all the stuff. My idea was to uninstall and install again, but before doing this, I tried "Check files Integrity". It was found 1 file missing and started donwload (nothing too big, maybe 20mb or less) FINALLY it was something about Liliana's encounter, so I could do it without problems!
Problem: [Xbox 360] I can never connect to a friends game. The invite system just plain does not work. I can accept invites but nothing happens.
Workaround (thanks to JonnB): On PS3, same issue, I accept invites nothing happens and then I go to campaign and I get the loading screen. But after the loading screen, the game starts joining the invite you recieved earlier. Maybe this will work on Xbox?
Thanks very much everyone for your help and support!
Technical issues moved from bugs thread: (sorry about formating, gone a bit wonky after much copy/pasting!)
- Invisible unlocked cards:iPad 3 iOSversion: 5.1
BUG -- Deck Manager (Invisible unlocked cards):
If you have unlocked cards, then go into the deck manager, click 'Reset Deck' it will properly remove the unlocked cards from your deck. However you cannot scroll through those cards and re-add them back into your deck. It makes the scrolling sound, but if you try to drag one of the invisible cards it says, "Cannot add this card as it would increase your deck size above 100. Your deck cannot have more than 100 cards."
'Save and Quit' the deck manager(with a un-modified deck [reset to original 60cards]), then re-launch the deck manager to see the cards.
iPad 1 version crashes all the time I play Planechase.
- PC FFA bug:A disappearance of my HUD which rendered me unable to perform any actions. It seems to occur randomly when a card is zoomed in (which correctly causes the HUD to disappear), but the HUD does not reappear once the card is zoomed out. I found that this can be fixed in-game by rotating my perspective to other players, and then back to my own (default numpad 4 or 6). This happened to me a total of 3 times, but didn't seem to affect any other players.
- In multiplayer on xboxlive. After defeating an opponent using a fully unlocked deck I still get a message saying that I've unlocked a card!
- If I as the game host unselect AI Takeover, my friends get disconnected from the game upon entering. The same thing happens when I join a game of theirs if we do not leave the Ai takeover box checked.
- It's really hard to touch the card underneath but not the card on top. For instance, when I'm able to destroy a target artifact or enchantment and I need to target an equipment under a target. Suggestions might be logically deducing the card (ie. normal creature with equipment -> pretty obvious which one I'm after), or the first touch on the pile exposes the pile, letting me then choose the target.
- PC glitches:This is on the PC version and I don't know how to reproduce it but the bug with turns never ending is still here. Same with sometimes not being able to join any games requiring a restart of the game. A bug I can reproduce however is after alt tabbing, sometimes the orange borders are at the wrong place and the enemies deck doesn't show up.
Oh and after an opponent paused during an exile animation the game couldn't be continued. Had to concede. Also when joining a game my Itunes music goes softer.
The player selection window for Jace's Erasure seems to mysteriously vanish in certain situations, effectively ending the game as you are unable to choose the card's target. It's happened twice to me, both times I've had the exact same cards on my side of the board (excluding lands). [Screenshot available]
- Receiving an invite while in Deck Editor causes problems like not being able to join game and lagging out on joining screen.
- Online game bugs:I have found 3 major bugs in online games.
1° )If I use the option to automatically join a random game,sometimes it for some reasons fail,& from that moment on every other attempt will fail,the only solution is to restart magic...very annoying.
2° )most of the game I have played with 4 players get "frozen" at a certain point,the "time bar" keep going so the game is not frozen,but the player can't use the button to skip to the next phase or doing anything,the game became unplayable,so 3 player have to quit & the last one win.
3° )this is happened 2 times,the Hud disappear,all the avatar of the player,the life bar,the buttons to skil the phase,the chat... the cards & all the "battlefield" is still visible but the player (me) lose the ability to do anything,can't even play the card clicking on them even if they glow in orange.
My Computer is an hell of a machine I play hundreds of different games & they all work perfectly,so this game is totally bugged.(the only other thing I can think off is a program from my motherboard called EPU-6 that is setted to make a slight downcloack of my processor is order to save power,it gave problem in 2 games but was only a video-audio sync problem,nothing bad like in this game,so probably is not related.)
In my experience 8 online matches out of 10 where bugged,a complete waste of my money.
- For some reason I can't load the game.
- PC version. Intro video stutters, so i rename all video *.wmv to something else, which makes the game loads faster.
- The netcode of the game is as crappy as the one of DotP2012. The most annoying thing is that sometimes, on Steam, you have to wait a minute after trying to join a game and then get the error message "unable to join" (or similar). After that you get the message "no games found" when clicking on any multiplayer option, which is definitely not true. The only solution is to restart the game.
- It takes about 5 minutes for the splash screen with Nicol Bolas to appear, and after another 10 it still hasn't progressed past that screen. I'm using Windows XP 32 bit SP 3.
- Just wanted to test out how much dmg Garruk Deck could do, in the end I had like 100 insect tokens, 50 wolf tokens, 10 beast tokens, every big creature on the table and like thousand/thousand Primordial hydra. But after I attacked with everything the game crashed, it seems that was too much for the computer?
- After alt tabbing some cards dont display or have the wrong position.
- Volume issue:Upon entering the multiplayer section of the game, Ventrillo is being turned to very low volumes. Not sure why this is happening, but when we leave the multiplayer section Vent is still not turned back up to its original volume and we have to shut the program down entirely and restart it.
1. Connect to a vent of your choice
2. Start DotP:2013
3. Enter a multiplayer game
- Invited to a game and nothing happen. Stayed at main screen
- Went to "Join game lobby" thru one of my friends on psn friend list and nothing happen. Stayed at main screen
- Was in 4FFA online lobby and when game went to start and load i got auto booted to the main screen
iPad - Specifically iPad 1 (MC497X) - Version 5.1.1 (9B206)
Battery Performance - Battery performance of Duels 2013 is extremely poor. I've gone from a 90% charge to 4% in the space of 6.5 hrs with 4 hours of that with my iPad idle. I understand that it is an high performance app that uses alot of resources, currently Infinity Blade II has much better battery life performance than Duels 2013 and that this is a hog. I don't know if Duels does anything while idling in the background, but battery charge has been dropping far faster than normal when iPad is idle. At its current rate users will need to manually shut down Duels 2013 in the background app control in order to preserve battery life.
I have a very well conditioned iPad 1 battery that usually lasts days between recharges, even with things like IB II running. However as soon as Duels 2013 has been installed its gone down to running on empty. Please take a look at this.
I downloaded it for PC just fine, but when I try to start, it hangs for a minute, then I get "Fatal error: Unknown error" and the game never starts. I can play other games just fine, so I don't think it's the system specs.