Duels 2013 Technical problems - please report your issue here

225 posts / 0 new
Last post
I created this thread to seperate technical problems (screens freezing, games not loading, failing to join online games etc.) from gameplay and rules bugs. This is because these types of problems are more lengthly, platform specific and often harder to reproduce exactly. I won't try to keep a running list of these issues as it would quickly run into multiple pages. Instead I will be copying across all issues I consider to be of the technical sort already posted in the bugs thread, and then please can everyone post on here any more problems they find. 

If you can confirm a particular problem that has already been mentioned, please PM me this information even if you post it here as well. I'll keep a seperate list of confirmed issues to submit to Wizards/Stainless. I won't post them all here because given the amount of text needed, again this initial post would soon run out of room. But I'll happily send copies of my list to anyone on request.

Update: This is a list of possible fixes/workaround I have been sent for technical problems. If you find these useful, or if you have any of your own to add to the list, please send me a message to let me know!

Fixes/Workarounds
Problem: In Liliana's Challenge, you get a blank screen, can hear noises but can't see anything or progress.

Workaround (thanks to Castroviejo): I just entered Steam games library, choose the Duels 2013 and started looking at properties and all the stuff. My idea was to uninstall and install again, but before doing this, I tried "Check files Integrity". It was found 1 file missing and started donwload (nothing too big, maybe 20mb or less) FINALLY it was something about Liliana's encounter, so I could do it without problems! 

Problem: [Xbox 360] I can never connect to a friends game.  The invite system just plain does not work.  I can accept invites but nothing happens.

Workaround (thanks to JonnB): On PS3, same issue, I accept invites nothing happens and then I go to campaign and I get the loading screen. But after the loading screen, the game starts joining the invite you recieved earlier. Maybe this will work on Xbox?

Thanks very much everyone for your help and support!

Technical issues moved from bugs thread: (sorry about formating, gone a bit wonky after much copy/pasting!)

• Invisible unlocked cards:
    iPad 3 iOSversion: 5.1

BUG -- Deck Manager (Invisible unlocked cards):
    If you have unlocked cards, then go into the deck manager, click 'Reset Deck' it will properly remove the unlocked cards from your deck. However you cannot scroll through those cards and re-add them back into your deck. It makes the scrolling sound, but if you try to drag one of the invisible cards it says, "Cannot add this card as it would increase your deck size above 100. Your deck cannot have more than 100 cards."

Work-around:
    'Save and Quit' the deck manager(with a un-modified deck [reset to original 60cards]), then re-launch the deck manager to see the cards.

• iPad 1 version crashes all the time I play Planechase.

• PC FFA bug:
    A disappearance of my HUD which rendered me unable to perform any actions. It seems to occur randomly when a card is zoomed in (which correctly causes the HUD to disappear), but the HUD does not reappear once the card is zoomed out. I found that this can be fixed in-game by rotating my perspective to other players, and then back to my own (default numpad 4 or 6). This happened to me a total of 3 times, but didn't seem to affect any other players.

• In multiplayer on xboxlive. After defeating an opponent using a fully unlocked deck I still get a message saying that I've unlocked a card!

• If I as the game host unselect AI Takeover, my friends get disconnected from the game upon entering.  The same thing happens when I join a game of theirs if we do not leave the Ai takeover box checked.

• It's really hard to touch the card underneath but not the card on top. For instance, when I'm able to destroy a target artifact or enchantment and I need to target an equipment under a target. Suggestions might be logically deducing the card (ie. normal creature with equipment -> pretty obvious which one I'm after), or the first touch on the pile exposes the pile, letting me then choose the target. 

• PC glitches:
    This is on the PC version and I don't know how to reproduce it but the bug with turns never ending is still here. Same with sometimes not being able to join any games requiring a restart of the game. A bug I can reproduce however is after alt tabbing, sometimes the orange borders are at the wrong place and the enemies deck doesn't show up.

Oh and after an opponent paused during an exile animation the game couldn't be continued. Had to concede. Also when joining a game my Itunes music goes softer.

• The player selection window for Jace's Erasure seems to mysteriously vanish in certain situations, effectively ending the game as you are unable to choose the card's target. It's happened twice to me, both times I've had the exact same cards on my side of the board (excluding lands). [Screenshot available]

• Receiving an invite while in Deck Editor causes problems like not being able to join game and lagging out on joining screen.

• Online game bugs:
    I have found 3 major bugs in online games.

1° )If I use the option to automatically join a random game,sometimes it for some reasons fail,& from that moment on every other attempt will fail,the only solution is to restart magic...very annoying.
    2° )most of the game I have played with 4 players get "frozen" at a certain point,the "time bar" keep going so the game is not frozen,but the player can't use the button to skip to the next phase or doing anything,the game became unplayable,so 3 player have to quit & the last one win.

3° )this is happened 2 times,the Hud disappear,all the avatar of the player,the life bar,the buttons to skil the phase,the chat... the cards & all the "battlefield" is still visible but the player (me) lose the ability to do anything,can't even play the card clicking on them even if they glow in orange.

My Computer is an hell of a machine I play hundreds of different games & they all work perfectly,so this game is totally bugged.(the only other thing I can think off is a program from my motherboard called EPU-6 that is setted to make a slight downcloack of my processor is order to save power,it gave problem in 2 games but was only a video-audio sync problem,nothing bad like in this game,so probably is not related.)
    In my experience 8 online matches out of 10 where bugged,a complete waste of my money.

• For some reason I can't load the game.

• PC version. Intro video stutters, so i rename all video *.wmv to something else, which makes the game loads faster.

• The netcode of the game is as crappy as the one of DotP2012. The most annoying thing is that sometimes, on Steam, you have to wait a minute after trying to join a game and then get the error message "unable to join" (or similar). After that you get the message "no games found" when clicking on any multiplayer option, which is definitely not true. The only solution is to restart the game.

• It takes about 5 minutes for the splash screen with Nicol Bolas to appear, and after another 10 it still hasn't progressed past that screen. I'm using Windows XP 32 bit SP 3.

• Just wanted to test out how much dmg Garruk Deck could do, in the end I had like 100 insect tokens, 50 wolf tokens, 10 beast tokens, every big creature on the table and like thousand/thousand Primordial hydra. But after I attacked with everything the game crashed, it seems that was too much for the computer?

• After alt tabbing some cards dont display or have the wrong position.

• Volume issue:
    Upon entering the multiplayer section of the game, Ventrillo is being turned to very low volumes.  Not sure why this is happening, but when we leave the multiplayer section Vent is still not turned back up to its original volume and we have to shut the program down entirely and restart it.  

Reproduce:
    1. Connect to a vent of your choice
    2. Start DotP:2013
    3. Enter a multiplayer game

• Dual audio during cutscenes, during some cutscenes I can hear two soundtracks playing at once not big issue but a bug all the same. On Xbox live.

• Not exactly sure what happened, but in 1v1 multi after zooming in to look at one of my cards, the icon of the opposing player disappeared and I could no longer select anything. The game continued as normal, timing out and moving to the next phase/turn etc. I tried pressing buttons, but any button triggers seemed to be disabled by the glitch also. Occassionally the game would return to normal for a second, but then go back to glitch the second I did something. 

• Planechase cards don't seem to have a More Info button, so I couldn't find out what "scry" meant.

• I've unlocked 2 cards for the Chandra deck, but inside the deck manager it says 0 and won't let me edit the deck.

• PS3 problem:

1. Invited to a game and nothing happen. Stayed at main screen

2. Went to "Join game lobby" thru one of my friends on psn friend list and nothing happen. Stayed at main screen

3. Was in 4FFA online lobby and when game went to start and load i got auto booted to the main screen

• Battery issue:

iPad - Specifically iPad 1 (MC497X) - Version 5.1.1 (9B206)

Battery Performance - Battery performance of Duels 2013 is extremely poor. I've gone from a 90% charge to 4% in the space of 6.5 hrs with 4 hours of that with my iPad idle. I understand that it is an high performance app that uses alot of resources, currently Infinity Blade II has much better battery life performance than Duels 2013 and that this is a hog. I don't know if Duels does anything while idling in the background, but battery charge has been dropping far faster than normal when iPad is idle. At its current rate users will need to manually shut down Duels 2013 in the background app control in order to preserve battery life.

I have a very well conditioned iPad 1 battery that usually lasts days between recharges, even with things like IB II running. However as soon as Duels 2013 has been installed its gone down to running on empty.  Please take a look at this.

• I downloaded it for PC just fine, but when I try to start, it hangs for a minute, then I get "Fatal error: Unknown error" and the game never starts. I can play other games just fine, so I don't think it's the system specs.

• I am a Rules advisor. Feel free to send me any questions as a private message! Check if you have found a bug in Duels 2013 Report a bug Report a technical issue I have written several guides to help new DoTP players here, move to the first post to start reading. They are also in Wordpress format here. The principles involved should still be useful for Duels 2013!
    Useful links:
    Find other DoTP players - a database of friendly players, find a match or post your name here to be added to the list! I'll add a D13 section if anyone would like. Ask a rules question - ask anything about DoTP, Magic in general, or to check out if you've found a bug by asking if the rules are being followed. Community thread for general chatter in the DoTP part of the forum! Guide to Yugioh on Xbox live: A beginner's guide focusing on the similarities and differences to Magic.
    Don't know why, but if i change to windowed mode under the graphigs settings and restart the game, it won't start - i have to set it back to fullscreen in the config.cfg. On Win XP with a really fast enough machine. cheers
    Desolation Angel makes Dungrove Elder sad. - hydramarine
    The iPad 1 is crashing alot during low memory. even after a fresh restart it only last for 2 or 3 games
    It's a technical problem as far as i'm concerned!

Interface sound effect are too loud, really need a new menu option for "interface sounds" that lowers the volume of of the "tsssssssssss" and "phwoaaaaaar" (when selecting something/moving around menus) and the "tic tic tic" when selecting a card.

As current, SFX lowers all volume, and thats not right, interface sounds need to be made quieter in general (like in DOTP 2012) or a new option to lower them to be a lot less annoying! 

• No penalty for conceding in online games on PS3.

I think that this is in the wrong thread; it's a bug for me. 

Just like to say that my copy on PS3 has frozen 4 times now at various times in the menu screens or when loading a campaign game and the framerate when scrolling through the menus seems a bit laggy I guess.

I like to mass debate

On my PC, putting it in fullscreen puts black borders all around the edge. I've tried changing the scaling options but it doesn't help. ATI HD 58xx here, dual monitors. Putting it in window mode at the desktop resolution is fine. No other game I have (and I have about 200 on Steam alone) does this.
    If anyone could PM me the source of the various avatars and achievement pics in DotP13, it'd be much appreciated
    IPad 1 problem: Planechase mode is broken.  Last night I had repeated crashes right as the opening hand was being displayed.  I restarted my Ipad this morning and tried again--managed to get through one computer player turn, but the game crashed again when the planar die came up with the chaos symbol--I started to see the die animation and then was bounced out of the app.  Have had occasional crashes in the deck manager page too.
    After a 2hg match win with 2 players on local play then going to you deck editor the card isnt highlighted.

360 version
    IPad 1 problem: Planechase mode is broken.  Last night I had repeated crashes right as the opening hand was being displayed.  I restarted my Ipad this morning and tried again--managed to get through one computer player turn, but the game crashed again when the planar die came up with the chaos symbol--I started to see the die animation and then was bounced out of the app.  Have had occasional crashes in the deck manager page too.

Yes I have an iPad 1 as well and a similar problem. Whenever the planechase die is rolled and the plane is changed the app crashes. I have had no other crashes. Just in planechase mode. Often these types of crashes are linked to too much memory usage, however I shutdown other apps to keep Duels running but still get crashes in planechase.
    iPad version- I can't get online games to start. I get sent an invite, which causes the 'game center' pop-up to appear on my screen, I click it which takes me into the app, but there is no area toconfirm the invite, so the person asking for the game can't start it, perpetually sees "waiting" as my status... I've doneethics myself with tow iPads next to each other. Can't get a game to start :-(
    on card selection in both tutorial and campaign the active card selected is always the right hand one. when moving to the left it always goes back to the right, selection is impossible. seriously angry at teh buggy nature here
    Not sure this belongs here... but seeing as it may be platform specific, I figured this is the best place.

Xbox 360 version, I've noticed that my "highest life total" field doesn't change from 20 on the "player status" screen, even though I've had over 100 life using the "Celestial Light" deck in campaign mode.

Can anyone else verify?
    Not sure this belongs here... but seeing as it may be platform specific, I figured this is the best place. Xbox 360 version, I've noticed that my "highest life total" field doesn't change from 20 on the "player status" screen, even though I've had over 100 life using the "Celestial Light" deck in campaign mode. Can anyone else verify?

I think it did this one in the other games IIRC. it was either 2012 or 09 when playing campaign or challenge your life never went above 20, but in multiplayer games it does.  

Xbox 360 version:
    Cycling doesn't work, at least for Gempalm Incinerator. If I try to cycle GI with an empty stack and if I have sufficient mana untapped to play the card, it plays the card. If I try to cycle on an opponent's turn, it tells me I cannot play the card on an opponent's turn. I have already tried everything I can to actually select the cycling option, but maybe I missed something.
    Pause the game. Zoom on the card. click the use activated ability. I can't tell you how many times I casted this card instead of cycling it
    My ipad trial version has no sound whatsoever.  I am using the latest software updates on an ipad2.  Have already tried deleting and redownloading the app and no luck.

Have been thinking about upgrading to the full version but not without sound!
    iPad multiplayer issue:

I only have one friend on my list who plays DOTP, so sure how widespread this is.  I am unable to invite this friend to a match at all, Game Center simply says "Failed" when I invite him.  Conversely, he CAN invite me, but if I don't click directly on the invite banner when it appears, I am unable to see the invitation in the Game Center dialog when I browse to the multiplayer screen.

Has anyone else experienced this?   
    Xbox Live version:

Playing against Liliana and my game is completely unplayable as I can't advance the turn.  There are no choice buttons and the buttons you'd use don't work.

Ex.

I was going into an attack and only had the green attack button option so i choose that and it put my guy up to attack, but i couldn't move my joystick to select anything else or do anything else except 'green' again so i kept doing that and mow all my people are ready to attack, but I can't hit any keys or move my joystick to do anything.

The zoom in and out and swap sides on d-pad do work as do start and select, etc.

I can enter the menu and the joystick and buttons work fine, so it's not the controller, just the game has blocked any input.  

Figures I was about to win against her too and now I have to restart or leave the game. Shame. 
    I created this thread to seperate technical problems (screens freezing, games not loading, failing to join online games etc.) from gameplay and rules bugs. This is because these types of problems are more lengthly, platform specific and often harder to reproduce exactly. I won't try to keep a running list of these issues as it would quickly run into multiple pages. Instead I will be copying across all issues I consider to be of the technical sort already posted in the bugs thread, and then please can everyone post on here any more problems they find. 

If you can confirm a particular problem that has already been mentioned, please PM me this information even if you post it here as well. I'll keep a seperate list of confirmed issues to submit to Wizards/Stainless. I won't post them all here because given the amount of text needed, again this initial post would soon run out of room. But I'll happily send copies of my list to anyone on request.

Technical issues moved from bugs thread: (sorry about formating, gone a bit wonky after much copy/pasting!)

If you have unlocked cards, then go into the deck manager, click 'Reset Deck' it will properly remove the unlocked cards from your deck. However you cannot scroll through those cards and re-add them back into your deck. It makes the scrolling sound, but if you try to drag one of the invisible cards it says, "Cannot add this card as it would increase your deck size above 100. Your deck cannot have more than 100 cards."

Work-around:
      'Save and Quit' the deck manager(with a un-modified deck [reset to original 60cards]), then re-launch the deck manager to see the cards.

• PC FFA bug:
      A disappearance of my HUD which rendered me unable to perform any actions. It seems to occur randomly when a card is zoomed in (which correctly causes the HUD to disappear), but the HUD does not reappear once the card is zoomed out. I found that this can be fixed in-game by rotating my perspective to other players, and then back to my own (default numpad 4 or 6). This happened to me a total of 3 times, but didn't seem to affect any other players.

• In multiplayer on xboxlive. After defeating an opponent using a fully unlocked deck I still get a message saying that I've unlocked a card!

• If I as the game host unselect AI Takeover, my friends get disconnected from the game upon entering.  The same thing happens when I join a game of theirs if we do not leave the Ai takeover box checked.

• It's really hard to touch the card underneath but not the card on top. For instance, when I'm able to destroy a target artifact or enchantment and I need to target an equipment under a target. Suggestions might be logically deducing the card (ie. normal creature with equipment -> pretty obvious which one I'm after), or the first touch on the pile exposes the pile, letting me then choose the target. 

• PC glitches:
      This is on the PC version and I don't know how to reproduce it but the bug with turns never ending is still here. Same with sometimes not being able to join any games requiring a restart of the game. A bug I can reproduce however is after alt tabbing, sometimes the orange borders are at the wrong place and the enemies deck doesn't show up.

Oh and after an opponent paused during an exile animation the game couldn't be continued. Had to concede. Also when joining a game my Itunes music goes softer.

• The player selection window for Jace's Erasure seems to mysteriously vanish in certain situations, effectively ending the game as you are unable to choose the card's target. It's happened twice to me, both times I've had the exact same cards on my side of the board (excluding lands). [Screenshot available]

• Receiving an invite while in Deck Editor causes problems like not being able to join game and lagging out on joining screen.

• Online game bugs:

1° )If I use the option to automatically join a random game,sometimes it for some reasons fail,& from that moment on every other attempt will fail,the only solution is to restart magic...very annoying.
      2° )most of the game I have played with 4 players get "frozen" at a certain point,the "time bar" keep going so the game is not frozen,but the player can't use the button to skip to the next phase or doing anything,the game became unplayable,so 3 player have to quit & the last one win.

3° )this is happened 2 times,the Hud disappear,all the avatar of the player,the life bar,the buttons to skil the phase,the chat... the cards & all the "battlefield" is still visible but the player (me) lose the ability to do anything,can't even play the card clicking on them even if they glow in orange.

My Computer is an hell of a machine I play hundreds of different games & they all work perfectly,so this game is totally bugged.(the only other thing I can think off is a program from my motherboard called EPU-6 that is setted to make a slight downcloack of my processor is order to save power,it gave problem in 2 games but was only a video-audio sync problem,nothing bad like in this game,so probably is not related.)
      In my experience 8 online matches out of 10 where bugged,a complete waste of my money.

• PC version. Intro video stutters, so i rename all video *.wmv to something else, which makes the game loads faster.

• The netcode of the game is as crappy as the one of DotP2012. The most annoying thing is that sometimes, on Steam, you have to wait a minute after trying to join a game and then get the error message "unable to join" (or similar). After that you get the message "no games found" when clicking on any multiplayer option, which is definitely not true. The only solution is to restart the game.

• It takes about 5 minutes for the splash screen with Nicol Bolas to appear, and after another 10 it still hasn't progressed past that screen. I'm using Windows XP 32 bit SP 3.

• Just wanted to test out how much dmg Garruk Deck could do, in the end I had like 100 insect tokens, 50 wolf tokens, 10 beast tokens, every big creature on the table and like thousand/thousand Primordial hydra. But after I attacked with everything the game crashed, it seems that was too much for the computer?

• Volume issue:
      Upon entering the multiplayer section of the game, Ventrillo is being turned to very low volumes.  Not sure why this is happening, but when we leave the multiplayer section Vent is still not turned back up to its original volume and we have to shut the program down entirely and restart it.  

Reproduce:

• Dual audio during cutscenes, during some cutscenes I can hear two soundtracks playing at once not big issue but a bug all the same. On Xbox live.

• Not exactly sure what happened, but in 1v1 multi after zooming in to look at one of my cards, the icon of the opposing player disappeared and I could no longer select anything. The game continued as normal, timing out and moving to the next phase/turn etc. I tried pressing buttons, but any button triggers seemed to be disabled by the glitch also. Occassionally the game would return to normal for a second, but then go back to glitch the second I did something. 

• Planechase cards don't seem to have a More Info button, so I couldn't find out what "scry" meant.

• I've unlocked 2 cards for the Chandra deck, but inside the deck manager it says 0 and won't let me edit the deck.

• PS3 problem:

2. Went to "Join game lobby" thru one of my friends on psn friend list and nothing happen. Stayed at main screen

3. Was in 4FFA online lobby and when game went to start and load i got auto booted to the main screen

• Battery issue:

Battery Performance - Battery performance of Duels 2013 is extremely poor. I've gone from a 90% charge to 4% in the space of 6.5 hrs with 4 hours of that with my iPad idle. I understand that it is an high performance app that uses alot of resources, currently Infinity Blade II has much better battery life performance than Duels 2013 and that this is a hog. I don't know if Duels does anything while idling in the background, but battery charge has been dropping far faster than normal when iPad is idle. At its current rate users will need to manually shut down Duels 2013 in the background app control in order to preserve battery life.

I have a very well conditioned iPad 1 battery that usually lasts days between recharges, even with things like IB II running. However as soon as Duels 2013 has been installed its gone down to running on empty.  Please take a look at this.

• I downloaded it for PC just fine, but when I try to start, it hangs for a minute, then I get "Fatal error: Unknown error" and the game never starts. I can play other games just fine, so I don't think it's the system specs.

I was just playing a game of duels on Steam, working on the first planechase campaign mission. The game had been progressing smoothly, until the AI Talrand attacked the AI Garruk for lethal with four 3/3 drake tokens. The game immediately hard-crashed at the combat damage step, with windows saying the program had encountered an error and needed to close.
    iPad version Achievement bug:

The Achievement "Fearless Explorer" for defeating the 10 encounters in the single palyer part of the game does activate (ie. it shows that you've unlocked both the achievement and the Persona photo that goes with it) but does not show in the in-game player info, nor does it activate in the Game Center app.
    For PS3 version, I can't even get past the Start screen.  It seemed to download and install correctly, it seems to load fine, but when I get to the screen where it wants me to hit Start, every time I do all it does is make a sound effect.  The same sound effect occurs whether I hit Start or X.  None of the other buttons seem to do anything except:  L2 toggles what appears to be a version number in the lower right of the screen.  The PS button works normally and allows me to quit  the game.
    current thread related to my issue in steam forums
    forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthrea...

1st 2 comments exactly describe the problem

"Although I can host or join any other Magic 2013 multiplayer games, for some reason when my Steam friend and I try to play in the same game we get the message: "A player has quit."

The games do not show up in the lobbies to each other.

We do not experience this problem with any other multiplayer games, so we know it is a Magic 2012 and Magic 2013 issue probably directly connected to the Steam text and voice chat program for Steam friends."

"I have the exact same issue with another friend. 
    However a mutual 3rd friend is able to host a multiplayer game with either, or both of us. 
    When we were at a LAN on the same network, we could connect. 
    This has affected us both since 2012 & now in 2013. 

The whole reason we bothered to purchase this version was the hope of progression rather than merely a yearly release of the same game, with a new coat of paint. 

How can I trouble shoot what is failing here? I just want it fixed."

The Achievement "Fearless Explorer" for defeating the 10 encounters in the single palyer part of the game does activate (ie. it shows that you've unlocked both the achievement and the Persona photo that goes with it) but does not show in the in-game player info, nor does it activate in the Game Center app.

I can confirm this. Also on the IPAD, same exact problem with the Challenge Master Achievement.
    on card selection in both tutorial and campaign the active card selected is always the right hand one. when moving to the left it always goes back to the right, selection is impossible. seriously angry at teh buggy nature here

I don't know what platform your playing on but there are settings that affect card selection on the different platforms. Go to Help & Option -> Settings -> Preferences -> Simplified targeting and turn it off. I started having a much better Magic experience after that.
    Ive posted this to other topic just want to include. All ingame cinematics stutters in my system but when played in vlc its ok. Solution renamed all .wmv files. The game loads faster now, & the rest is fine so far
    When Silent Arbiter is on the battlefield (from the Exalted deck), if you declare attacks with more than one creature and simply wait for the declare-attackers timer to run out, none of your creatures are recalled and you actually wind up attacking with whatever you declared. Not sure if this works the same for blocking.

Every now and again, when activated, Cephalid Broker (from the Jace deck) will have th target player draw twice (for a total of 4 cards) and will only have to discard 2 total. It always seemed like the opponent was trying to target it in response to something (or with Icy Manipulator, which may identify the bug immediately).

Both of these were observed in 2HG.

Also, Yeva should be a 4/5, Firewing Phoenix should be a 4/2, and Serra Ascendant should have been errata'd to be "10 higher than your life total" for 2HG like it is in real-life tournament play. 'Cuz that shiz is broken.
    so this one is really bad news. I have been playing mainly offline working on unlocking decks and working through the campaign. i finished the whole normal campaign, and have completed the first planeschase battle. i have been working on the 2nd planeschase battle. all of the sudden when i got on today the 2nd planeschase battle is locked even though it shows me having beat the first one. so i beat the first one again and it is still locked. so i was like ok ill go back to the normal campaign just to unlock more cards and not deal with that issue for now. only to realize that lilliana is missing! not locked ( and shouldnt beat like i said i beat the whole normal campaign) she is actually gone, the circle is there but u cant select the fight, so im pissed off. i dont know what the hell is happening but im really angry. i even preordered this game despite the problems 2012 had online, but this is insane, i have also had problems with selecting who to attack in multiplayer and having cards disappear under the game table during play. this game is terribly buggy and im going to start telling my friends with 2012 not to get it. they probably wont even fix any of the issues just like last game.

Work-around:

• PC FFA bug:

• PC glitches:

• Online game bugs:

• Volume issue:

Reproduce:

• PS3 problem:

• Battery issue:

"The netcode of the game is as crappy as the one of DotP2012. The most annoying thing is that sometimes, on Steam, you have to wait a minute after trying to join a game and then get the error message "unable to join" (or similar). After that you get the message "no games found" when clicking on any multiplayer option, which is definitely not true. The only solution is to restart the game."

Exactly this. Is this going to be fixed? I have not been able to connect to a single multiplayer game. I have contacted Wizards support about the issue and stated that without a fix I want my money back.

Work-around:

• PC FFA bug:

• PC glitches:

• Online game bugs:

• Volume issue:

Reproduce:

• PS3 problem:

• Battery issue:

5th episode of campaign, second duel:  The match won't load - black screen displayed.  Thereafter the game will not run.  Loads to the "Start" button screen then displays the black screen again.  Uninstalling and reinstalling allows you to access the game again, but that particular duel always crashes.  PC - XP - 32 bit
    The issue that im having is with multiplayer. whenever im in a mutliplayer match and i try and use for example Evoling wilds to get a new land card out of my deck the game will undo the sacrifice. It does the same thing with my other cards when i need to activate the abilitiy of the card or when i try to equip somthing. each time i try to do this in multiplayer the game will either undo it strait away or the game will kinda freeze for a few secs and then pop up with a message saying "game Syncing". this is sofar the only issue i have had with the game and it only happens in multiplayer. this one bug basicly makes me unable to play the game in multiplayer.
    I can't run this game on X360. I have downloaded it, and when I started it for the first time, it found I had previous games and I got me a bonus key, after that, it NEVER Loads. Whenever I try to play it, the game freezes at the loading screen.  I have tried re-downloading this, but it doesn't fix the problem.

I'm hating this thing. 

I can confirm this. Also on the IPAD, same exact problem with the Challenge Master Achievement.

Same problem here, running on new iPad. I've completed the last challenge twice and it still does not unlock the Challenge Master achievement.
    In the iPad version of the game when looking for mutiplayer games through the Game Center; the Game Center window will sometimes dissapear but no opponent will be selected so you're just watching an empty window with the different Magical lands flashing by. Restarting will fix this when it occurs.
    PC/Steam version

Audio/Sound Bug.

When launching the game, about 50% of the time (seems random, no solid reproduction case) the audio seems to "spaz out" as I hit the main menu (after press key to start screen) and plays really distorted and extreamly loud, it almost sounds like it's playing the same audio several times on top of itself and it's clipping/distoring like crazy. It sounds vaugly like the audio should (UI even sounds ect) but just super lound and very distorted. Sometimes this will happen several times  in a row (up to 4 times) and I have to relaunch the game untill I get to the main menu without hearing it (the vidoe/logo audio plays fine, it only happens when I hit the main menu).

I'm using a recently built PC, clean OS install with latest drivers for everything. No other audio issues in other games or programs ect (I make games for a living, high technical proficiency with computers and troubleshooting software/hardware issues). Fairly certain this is not a fault with my configuration/software/hardware.

System info:

i7 3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V | 16GB RAM | Nvidia GTX 670 2GB
    Creative X-Fi Audio Processor (PCI Xtreme Music version - not PCI Express)
    Audio Driver: ctaud2k.sys (6.0.1.1375, 668.34 KB (684,376 bytes), 5/05/2010 9:30 PM)
    Video Driver: nvlddmkm.sys (8.17.13.142, 13.64 MB (14,298,944 bytes), 25/05/2012 10:43 PM)
    OS: Win 7 64 bit - Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Also, for the love of god, it's a game, why must we spam/click/tap out way through the same logos/vidoes every launch? Just set a flag once they've been seen hide them for a week/day or something.
    im am also having the fatal error everytime i launch the game, is there any way to possibly fix this?
    i have the latest drivers for everything and my pc specs are good enough to run it.
    In the XBLA version, the video for Jace's intro stutters during the revenge campaign.  When it recovers and defaults to his bio data it errors saying the drive containing the game has been removed and shuts me out to the home screen.  I can reload it and play against krenko, but jace will not work.

Yes I have an iPad 1 as well and a similar problem. Whenever the planechase die is rolled and the plane is changed the app crashes. I have had no other crashes. Just in planechase mode. Often these types of crashes are linked to too much memory usage, however I shutdown other apps to keep Duels running but still get crashes in planechase.

Consistently crashes on my iPad 1 in planechase mode, mostly when dice is rolled. iOS version 5.1. No other apps running in background.
    I'm on a old PS3 60go 

I did everything in campaign, so I wanted to try online with my friend.

I go in Multiplayer menu, select a mode (2hg/free for all/planechase) and then select remote teamate and see loading...loading...and then: can not connect to network. try again?  

Whatever is the mode or even if I try with local teamate, I have always this f.... message!

My friends have played lots of game online without having this issue. They try to invite me, but each time, I'm getting the same error.

Never have any proble of this kind with other Dual of Planeswalker or witchever is the game.

any issue?? 
    Currently running on an iPad 3 unable to play multi player games or earn the fearless explorer achievement. 
    Sound is no longer working in app, but works fine everywhere else on my iPad. 

Running on iPad2.  Full version purchased.