Promotional Unlock Cards List

401 posts / 0 new
Last post

The list of promotional unlock cards, some of which were seen in the dotp2013 previews.
You can enter the unlock code at Player Status -> View Promotional Unlocks -> Enter Code.

Unlock Codes
1 - FNMDGP
2 - KWPMZW
3 - MWTMJP
4 - WMKFGC
5 - NCTFJN
6 - GDZDJC
7 - HTRNPW
8 - FXGJDW
9 - PCNKGR
10 - GPCRSX

Celestial Light
Serra Avatar
Soul Warden
Serra Ascendant
Recumbent Bliss
Beacon Of Immortality
Chastise
Archon Of Redemption
Baneslayer Angel
White Sun's Zenith
Marshal's Anthem

Born of Flame
Furnace Of Rath
Lightning Bolt
Worldfire
Chandra's Phoenix
Hostility
Flame Wave
Inferno Titan
Chain Reaction
Sulfuric Vortex
Dragon Mage

Pack Instinct
Vorapede
Verdant Force
Incremental Growth
Genesis Wave
Obstinate Baloth
Dungrove Elder
Vinelasher Kudzu
Biorhythm
Avenger Of Zendikar
Primordial Hydra

Dream Puppets
Grindstone
Dreamborn Muse
Sands Of Delirium
Telemin Performance
Sword Of Body And Mind
Body Double
Dream Fracture
Forced Fruition
Traumatize
Stroke Of Genius

Goblin Gangland
Goblin War Strike
Goblin Assault
Goblin Chieftain
Goblin Guide
Warren Instigator
Siege-Gang Commander
Reckless One
Goblin Artillery
Goblin Ringleader
Arms Dealer

Obedient Dead
Grave Titan
Dread
Nantuko Shade
Phage The Untouchable
Hellcarver Demon
Massacre Wurm
Diabolic Tutor
Reiver Demon
Nightmare
Phyrexian Obliterator

Peacekeepers
Honor Of The Pure
Squadron Hawk
Dawn Elemental
Sigil Of The New Dawn
Captain Of The Watch
Guardians' Pledge
Mass Calcify
Intrepid Hero
Accorder Paladin
Sun Titan

Exalted Darkness
Royal Assassin
Vindicate
Spirit Mantle
Pillory Of The Sleepless
Unmake
Angel Of Despair
Demonic Tutor
Worship
Divinity Of Pride
Mortify

Ancient Wilds
Soul Of The Harvest
Gigantomancer
Decree Of Savagery
Spawnwrithe
Vengevine
Thragtusk
Beast Within
Joraga Warcaller
Manaplasm
Natural Order

Crosswinds
Tidings
Bribery
Time Stretch
Flow Of Ideas
Blatant Thievery
Followed Footsteps
Rite Of Replication
Time Warp
Day Of The Dragons
Future Sight

Nice list!
My guess would be that they are unlocks in the next expansion.

Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

If i'm required to go to magic events for these then I'd be pretty upset about it. Even if it's a FNM it would suck for us who live too far away from a store to go. Hopefully we get this stuff in an expansion so people can't be left out.
Free code for FMN attendance or cheap ($3-5?) price as DLC?

Some cool cards here though. Adds some nice consistency to certain strategies. Really like seeing Forced Fruition too.

Although, Liliana's look dumb. Too many bombs when I would rather see a few more utility cards like another Mire's Toll or Liliana's Specter
After seeing how few bugs have been listed in the bugs list I decided Wizard/Stainless had done enough to win me over.  The game is a big step up over 2012, although after some extended play the game board does not seem to like my plasma as I had some image retention of the centre circle...Frown  Luckily it went away after using the screen swipe for a while,will just have to limit play sessions from now on.

I did however see this in the player stats screen that does seemed to suggest you will get these cards from events...I will not be impressed if there is no way to get these cards except for that.  There are none near me so I would automatically be excluded not by choice but by geographical region and would be at a potential disadvantage to people who could go to one online.  I had no problem with them offering avatars as exclusive content last year as that put me at no advantage and gave people who did attend a way to differentiate themselves.  This on the other hand would be a different kettle of fish and would penalise me due to where I live.

Hopefully Stainless and Wizards don't take this route or if they do they at least also offer it as DLC for everybody in a similar situation to myself.
Where is this info from?   Seems like a lot of OP cards, I just wanna know if it's real or not.
Ebay here I come.
I wouldn't be so surprised if they went down that road. This game's becoming more and more a cheap advertisement tool after all (just look at all the ads you get! It's almost as if this is a F2P game...).

Well, if they indeed do this, then from that point on I stop buying DotP and rather pirate it. 
If i'm required to go to magic events for these then I'd be pretty upset about it. Even if it's a FNM it would suck for us who live too far away from a store to go. Hopefully we get this stuff in an expansion so people can't be left out.

That's the least I'm expecting.. I'm also very far away from a store with such events.
I'm getting VERY worried about this promo-unlock thing, I really hope this is not the case!

I'm hoping they are regular expansion unlocks.

Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!

Would be kinda like "selling power" (Geist of ... etc.). And it would also suck for us European players who got no such events or only in some major cities.

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

They could make it free to those who can go to stores/events and make it a cheap DLC product for the rest.
I would seriously doubt they didn't make this available for sale to people who don't/can't go into a store and get whatever cross promotion they have planned.  They'd be leaving way too much money on the table. 
THey will have codes at Magic Celebration for sure, but I can see them including codes in key products like the Deck Builders Toolkit, the FatPack book etc. etc. that will either be unique (harder to do) or some generic (so you can get online if didn't make it to event).

Knowing WOTC it will be fine. 
I hope these will become unlockable via deck keys. At least available to all in some form. Having exclusive content in a competitive online multiplayer is complete BS. When you start losing game because you couldn't get to event boondogle then that's just bad design.
Not liking Liliana's cards at all except Phyrexian Obliterator. Could have used some Mire's Toll, Duress and some Stitch Together/Disentomb.

Geralf's Messenger would have made a lot of sense too.

Edit: Jace gets a Grindstone?! Oh god.

IMAGE(http://i46.tinypic.com/2b5wr5.jpg)

Wow, whoever thought that this game was going to be the Urza's block for DotP, I think I may agree now. 4 Serra Ascendant for the lifegain deck, 2 Inferno Titans for Chandra, Genesis Wave, Dungrove Elder, and Vinelasher Kudzu for Garruk, Grindstone for Jace, multiples of Goblin Guide, Warren Instigator, Seige-Gang Commander, and Goblin Ringleader for Goblins, multiple Nantuko shade (yay), and Phyrexian Obliterator (O_O) for Lilliana, more great removal for Exalted, with Demonic Tutor to boot, another Vengevine and Natural Order (again, O_O) for Yeva, Bribery and a second Time Warp for Talrand.

This is just insane, and I didn't even talk about the 5 new decks or list all of the great stuff from these additional 10 cards.

And for the people worrying about only getting the new unlocks by attending a promotional event, I wouldn't worry too much. I don't think Wizards would do that, I'm sure they would be happen to take money for the dlc. The promo event might just give you a code that automatically unlocks all those cards, so you don't have to earn them the long way.  

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

Grindstone for Jace,  

Atleast they didn't also give him Painter's Servant.  My friend has a deck based on that combo.  It's sick.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

I like how every deck will be improved by the new cards, because the new decks are very strong.

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

I would've really liked a second copy of Fauna Shaman for Ancient Wilds. Not sure if that makes it too strong because of the repeatable tutor factor (plus another Vengevine), but it's so sad to play it early as it's almost never going to live. Another Natural Order is pretty saucy though.
Maybe they may unlock before the actual expansion comes via store earned codes, etc.

And if you wait, they will be unlocked anyway when you buy the expansion.

They may also release promotional deck unlocks for 0.99$ for each deck before the expansion.

Either way, I dont like this.
Wow, whoever thought that this game was going to be the Urza's block for DotP, I think I may agree now.

That was me. And for better or worse, I stand firmly behind that claim.

Seriously, the final decklists are nuts!
Re: Grindstone; Those multicoulour decks are going to be way popular.

Regarding the "Promotional" thing...
I really hope they wouldn't be so stupid as to alienate their players by having them store exclusive...Even though "I got a guy", it's a terrible terrible terrble F***ING TERRIBLE idea.

I withhold judgement. They CANNOT be that stupid!!

Bear in mind, if the leaked lists are true, this is the company that read all the hatred towards Auramancer, and the Silhana Ledgewalker in particular, and thought "Hey, let's remake that deck for 2013, but put in Invisible Stalker instead (removing the only way to block that combo - by fliers) and put 4 COPIES in. And then 4 Kor Spiritdancer too. People will love that!"

I know people are freaking out about the 4 spiritdancers and stalkers, but there aren't a lot of cheap aura's to throw on those guys. Most of the auras are on the more expensive side. I forsee that deck becoming a control build (at least, my build will be control), and I could even see taking out the stalkers.

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

OKay, still withholding judgement though.
It would take a grade A++ F***wit to release an insanely popular improvement over a previous game and then make the bonus unlockables inaccessible except to people that buy other product from a retail outlet. Not saying such a person doesn't exist, there's no lifeform on Earth capable of the stupidity that the human race is.

But it's really unlikely that this will be unavailable to people tho play DotP but no other kind of Magic.

Also, the Aura deck? It's strong for sure, but it has minimal evasion and not a lot of removal. The best auras are expensive, the creatures can be blocked, the deck can be swarmed, it can be outlasted, Auras can be removed etc.
I'm withholding judgement on that one as well.
Seeing a bunch of really powerful cards doesn't = auto win (re: Ancient Depths), and if I really have to say it, Auramancer would die horribly in 2013's metagame.
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />Never underestimate the stupidity of publishers when it comes to greed, but likewise never underestimate the tolerance for being shafted from the average gamer. If they didn't accept this en masse as they do, it would never have got to this point, but the sad fact is most actually like systems that allow them unfair advantages.

I don't underestmate the stupidity of anyone.

That being said, it's still very unlikely that the only way you can unlock these cards is via retail outlet visit.
If they wanted to go that route, a far more likely scenario is that the promotional cards are free with retail purchase but DotP players can get them via DLC purchase.
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />Never underestimate the stupidity of publishers when it comes to greed, but likewise never underestimate the tolerance for being shafted from the average gamer. If they didn't accept this en masse as they do, it would never have got to this point, but the sad fact is most actually like systems that allow them unfair advantages.

That being said, it's still very unlikely that the only way you can unlock these cards is via retail outlet visit.
If they wanted to go that route, a far more likely scenario is that the promotional cards are free with retail purchase but DotP players can get them via DLC purchase.

Well, if it wasn't for the ingame advertizements, I wouldn't have known about the free mini master's event on September 8, like the one they had last year for M12. That's the event where we got the promotional code for DotP 12 that gave us some alternate avatars. Possibly, this is what is meant by "promotional unlocks." Go to the event, and you get a code to unlock those cards for free. I would feel really bad for the people who live in geographic regions that don't have the promo event, but as others and myself have said, they love money, and I'm sure they would have no problem releasing that content as dlc you get to pay for.

I am Blue/White

Well, if it wasn't for the ingame advertizements, I wouldn't have known about the free mini master's event on September 8, like the one they had last year for M12. That's the event where we got the promotional code for DotP 12 that gave us some alternate avatars. Possibly, this is what is meant by "promotional unlocks." Go to the event, and you get a code to unlock those cards for free. I would feel really bad for the people who live in geographic regions that don't have the promo event, but as others and myself have said, they love money, and I'm sure they would have no problem releasing that content as dlc you get to pay for.

This as well.
For a company that loves money, I find it diffcult to imagine that they would limit the DLC of the latest iteration of a game series that's collectively sold millions of copies (downloads, whatever you call it), to a very select minority of a minority of players.

If you go to player status screen it says something about promotional events to unlock the cards. Frown

I'm fine if it's 5 bucks to unlock all those cards - free if you attend the 'event'.

I'll say again. If hundreds of thousands of people bought DotP '13 and someone made a decision to withhold DLC that's just-this-side-of-guaranteed hundreds of thousands of sales, that person needs to kill hmself immediately.
I'll say again. If hundreds of thousands of people bought DotP '13 and someone made a decision to withhold DLC that's just-this-side-of-guaranteed hundreds of thousands of sales, that person needs to kill hmself immediately.

This^

Especially if promotional unlocks are each sold seperately, which is more than likely.   

Marketing has probably done their homework.  

It's more profitable to hook a very small fraction of these hundreds of thousands on the paper game than to get an additional one time purchase of $5-10.  

The risk of getting them hooked on a game that players dump hundreds if not thousands of money into each year far outweighs DLC revenue.

Marketing has probably done their homework.  

It's more profitable to hook a very small fraction of these hundreds of thousands on the paper game than to get an additional one time purchase of $5-10.  

The risk of getting them hooked on a game that players dump hundreds if not thousands of money into each year far outweighs DLC revenue.

Is it worth the risk of losing all future sales of '13 DLC?
Hundreds of thousands of people buy the game (we'll say 100,000). a few thousand get the DLC (we'll say 10,000) because it's limited to only a certain percentage. The other (we'll say 90,000) do not. All to hook, what maybe 1000 or so people to Magic? Those 1000 people aren't guaranteed permanent players either.

Meanwhile, they've just jeopardized sales of all their future Duels DLC which is typically worth 1.5x that of the core game.
So they risk losing well over a million dollars in guaranteed sales for the possibility of a getting possibly a couple hundred thousand a year?

I wouldn't mind a second Witness and 4 Birthing Pods for Yeva's deck.
>.>
<.<
Don't question my intentions! 
As soon as I started playing Yeva's deck I wanted some Birthing Pod's! I doubt we will ever see Phyrexian Mana though. Frown

Just looked through all these again. Every deck gets some nasty stuff. Certain players will have a big advantage if they don't allow everyone access to these. I hope Wizards thought this through, for everyone's sake.

Birthing Pod isn't a very big stretch for DotP, since we already have Phyrexian Mana in the challenges.
But I would be happy even if they give AW "only" Green Sun's Zenith.

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

The issue though of unbalancing games for people who pay extra or buy associated products is now the way all of gaming is going. "Free to Play", Microstransactions, Paid "Shortcuts" (that only exist because content is arbitrarily locked) exclusive pre-order/limited edition bonuses and Day 1 DLC (again, comprising of stuff we used to get on disc) is the norm. DOTP now even has in-game adverts! On a paid product!

It's the emergence of the Facebook-type gaming crowd and their fat gullible wallets who love to throw money at shiny things. Games like FarmVille and the huge and rapid rise of Zynga, drowning in money from those gamers, caught the covetous eyes of many a publisher. EA have stated all future games will contain microtransactions (like the booster system whch almost ruined Mass Effect 3's otherwse great multiplayer) and Crytek recently revealed they're going completely Free to Play after Crysis 3.

DOTP, and to a lesser extent Paper Magic, and to a growing extent gaming in general is now less about skill, but more about power fantasies. The audience these days don't care about testing their skill, but revelling in delusion over often fake and unearned victories. That flash of a win screen, the chime associated with levelling up. People of that mindset will pay anything for that hit, and so are an audience that is now front an centre in the minds of all publishers. I've even seen a lecture at GDC a few years ago where they openly talked about this method of creating addiction (quoting this exact technique, and without shame - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operant_conditioni...)

In the same way gaming opened up after games got more inclusive and allowed everyone to complete games by lowering the difficulty, now multiplayer is the main focus due to online and social media, this is the way they give that same thrill of victory to people in that arena - make multiplayer in no way balanced or fair, and allow people to pay to achieve that.

Due to this, it becomes an actual strategy to unbalance games so everyone, even the worst player imaginable, can get that hit of victory and have that power fantasy. Games are now essentially drugs. The old audience who care about balance and skill are being left behind, because we aren't big enough marks, or have so little integrity as to splash out and pay for advantages like they will. It's a reason why the community as a whole has collapsed in quality over the years, as these people are some of the worst people around.

It's why after 25 years of gaming, I've approaced a semi-retirement from the hobby. Gaming is on a bad path and is only getting worse, and it isn't one I want part of.

I haven't read the whole thread yet but this posting is simply legendary!

Spot on, well formulated and even more important: sad but true...

Gaming isn't the same anymore. You want an example? Play Rock n Roll Racing (SNES) and then play Diablo 3 (PC) (or for the sake of simplicity compare Diablo 2 to Diablo 3). Same developer, diferent age and just a sad sad development...

I grew up in arcade halls and right now, I'm losing interest in games at a really really fast pace. Maybe I'm just growing too old but maybe the industry just isnt catering to my interests anymore.

+1

Someone needed to say it, thank you.
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.
I'm still trying to wrap my head around what exactly it was that he said. Anyone care to paraphrase that?
When i was playing with Exalted Darkness against Exalted Darkness on the revenge campaign earlieri noticed that the computer was using some of those promo card's against me so that must mean there already in the game but will they be unlockable with DLC?
I'm still trying to wrap my head around what exactly it was that he said. Anyone care to paraphrase that?

It's being suggested that the decks' 10 unlocks described in this thread are going to be limited to a gaming store release. As in they wouldn't be available through Steam/XBLA/PSN.

If that turns out to be true, and a Wizards executive actually made that decision, he needs to go away because more than any other, that move would kill DotP's DLC sales which are pretty much guaranteed money at this point.

Paraphrased: it's the stupidest move they could ever make.
Regarding crosswinds. Followed footsteps, tidings, bribery are the only good cards in there IMO.

7 card slots that could have been used for something better I feel. Expensive spells, we already have: Day of dragons, rite of replication, future sight, time warp, blatant thievery, time stretch? Mega expensive cards here.

I would had preferred another fog bank and some 1drop cards to delay early game attacks.

Oh well...
Sign In to post comments