Offical Duel Text Thread: Qasali Pridemage beats rock, paper and scissors every time.

991 posts / 0 new
Last post

This is a thread dedicated to playing Magic with people over the internet by posting your moves. Specify what kind of game you're looking for and then wait for some time, or answer to another person's request. Unfortunately, 20-30% of the people asking for a game don't stay here and don't come back, and some people leave during the game. Once you have found an opponent, don't leave this thread and post your next turn within the next minutes! Note that a game can last for 2-3 hours, depending on what decks are being played.

YOUR OPPONENT:

If you don't know your opponent, make sure that your decks have similar power levels, because people have different opinions on what casual play is! Viewing other people's games or their profiles in the introduction thread should give you an impression if they're playing with funny decks that aren't very strong and make for a long match or if they're playing with pretty effective and competitive decks that win after few turns.

HOW TO PLAY:

Mention your untap phase + upkeep phase + draw phase (U, U, D) and mention effects that trigger during these phases. Ask for responses when it's important how your opponent reacts, for example when you're attacking and combat becomes exciting because of possible blockers or possible combat tricks. Most of the time, it's a good idea to say that you're done with your turn after this action ~if~ your opponent doesn't have any responses. Always post your life totals, the number cards in hand, and tapped + untapped permanents after every turn.

One possible example on how to post a turn:

U, U, lose one life and draw one card, D. Swamp.
Grasp Of Darkness your Llanowar Elves .
After that, attack with my Headless Horseman .
If you don't have any responses, then it's your turn.

18 life, 5 cards, , , Headless Horseman (2/2) , Phyrexian Arena

HOW TO AUTOCARD:

[c]Lightning Bolt[/c] = Lightning Bolt , [c=Lightning Bolt]L-Bolt[/c] = L-Bolt

If you don't know which cards the other player is familiar with, you should auto-card so that your opponent knows what your cards do. The basic lands and some iconic cards are simple and famous enough to not auto-card them, but even if your opponents already knows your other cards, he or she may want to read them another time every once in a while. It's nice to auto-card some complicated permanents when you list them at the end of your turn.

TAP / MANA SYMBOLS:

tap symbols [mc]t[/mc] =
untap symbols [mc]q[/mc] =
colorless mana [mc]1[/mc] = , [mc]2[/mc] =
colored mana [mc]w[/mc] = , [mc]u[/mc] = , [mc]b[/mc] = , [mc]r[/mc] = , [mc]g[/mc] =
phyrexian mana [mc](wph)[/mc] = , [mc](uph)[/mc] = , [mc](bph)[/mc] = , [mc](rph)[/mc] = , [mc](gph)[/mc] =
hybrid mana [mc](gw)[/mc] = [mc](wg)[/mc] = , [mc](wb)[/mc] = [mc](bw)[/mc] = , [mc](bg)[/mc] = [mc](gb)[/mc] =

MULTIPLAYER:

Specify how many people you want to join and wait for some time. Once there are enough players, explain possible extra rules, then divide teams and set the turn order. Such multiplayer games often take 3-7 hours, and people not knowing that may want to leave after some hours, and that's pretty disappointing for the other players. Unfortunately, that's how most of the multiplayer games end, be aware of this! One four-player match I can remember that ended "the normal way" almost went on for five hours.

PROBLEMATIC CARDS:

Cards that allow you to look at your opponent's library only work if that player already posted a decklist somewhere on the internet. Cards that require other players's response and have them repeat actions or make decisions again and again can make the game take forever. Cards with randomized abilities require lots of trust in your opponent, even more so than most other things.

FINAL WORDS:

Remember to create another thread when this one has 900 - 1000 posts. Please, don't post requests for games and then leave. And most of all: Have fun!
Kingofgames01 a.k.a. Dr.Kog I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Quotes
112912639 wrote:
111004049 wrote:
111489681 wrote:
Be on later, pumping iron now
Pimping Irene? Poor Irene! Why can't you just leave that poor girl alone? She didn't ask for ANY of this!
Yeah she did. Did you see what she wore? Purple *graped*
Anyone care to play?
Kingofgames01 a.k.a. Dr.Kog I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Quotes
112912639 wrote:
111004049 wrote:
111489681 wrote:
Be on later, pumping iron now
Pimping Irene? Poor Irene! Why can't you just leave that poor girl alone? She didn't ask for ANY of this!
Yeah she did. Did you see what she wore? Purple *graped*
anyone around? :D

Legacy preferred :> 
Are you still around? I have to do standard or EDH though.
[*c]Island[*/c] minus the * = Island Really. You need to know this.
Also
We are the Izzet Some think we are scattered after the disappearance of Niv-Mizzet He is connected to us by the firemind He has formulated a master plan Before, we were just experimenters, looked down upon Now we have a greater purpose This bit is random And so is this Yeah
anyone down for a game?
I'd be down for some standard if anyone is interested
im down, wanna roll for start?
Sure, rolled a 9
rolled a 6, good luck to you
Thank you sir/madam, you as well 
I'll be on the play and keep my opening 7.

UU, Evolving Wilds and pass the turn.

L:20
H:6
U: Wilds
T:
its ia sir, and Ill keep as well

UUD

Mountain, Signal Pest and pass

U: Pest
T: Mountain
Uh oh, some boros tempered steel action perhaps?  EoT I'll crack my wilds for a Plains.

UUD, Glacial Fortress and pass it back.

U:
T:
lol boros yes, not TS though, just like pest for extra boost

UUD

Plains, Gather the Townsfolk. and pass

H:5
U:Pest and 2 human tokens
T:
More duuuuudes D:

UUD, Isolated Chapel, cast a Lingering Souls then pass.

H:5
U: Two 1/1 flying spirit tokens
T:

GY: Wilds, Souls
UUD

Mountain, and swing with all 3, 2 2/1 humans and a 0/1 pest, any responce?
Block a human with one spirit and signal pest with another spirit

cast shock on the token blocking the pest and then main phase 2 cast Stormblood Berserker as a 3/3 with bloodthirst on. and pass

H:3
U: Berserker
T: Pest, human,

Expected!  But I didn't really want to take 4 damage  :-]

UUD, Ponder, keeping the three on top and drawing a card.
Isolated Chapel

Play Lingering Souls from hand and pass the turn.

L:18
H:4
U: Two 1/1 flying spirits
T: :wbm::wbm:

GY: 2 Souls, Ponder, Wilds
UUD

Plains, swing with berserker pest and human, for a total of 6 damage. response?
UUD

Plains, swing with berserker pest and human, for a total of 6 damage. response?

Double block the berserker and take 2, barring shenanigans.
cast Rally the Peasants, adding 4 damage, and pass

L: 20
H:2
T: Berserker, human, peast
U:

GY: Rally the Peasants
Ow.
UUD, Day of Judgment and pass turn.

L:12
H:4
U:
T: :wbm::wbm:
GY(Will just list what's relevant for the moment): 2x Souls
well balls.....

UUD, mountain and pass

H:2
T:
U: 3 2

GY: Rally the Peasants
UUD, Plains
Cast Gideon Jura, use his +2, then pass the turn.

U: Gideon(8)
T:
GY: 2x Souls
UUD

Mountain, cast Hellrider and swing at Giddeon with all 4 damage, if no response, turn

H:1
T: Hellrider, 4
U: 2

GY: Rally
UUD, cast Forbidden Alchemy, dumping Glacial Fortress, Lingering Souls and Darkslick Shores into the GY.

Then I'll Go for the Throat the Hellrider, animate gideon and swing for 6.  Then pass turn.

H: 3
U:
T: :wbm::wbm:, Gideon(4)
GY: Soulsx3, Alchemy
UUD

Mountain and pass

L:14
T:
U:5 2

GY: Rally
UUD, Forbidden Alchemy, dumping Nihil Spellbomb, Cavern of Souls and Go for the Throat.

Play Seachrome Coast tapped, then animate and swing with gideon  (should put you at 8 if it connects, since you should be at 14).

Post combat flashback one of the Lingering Souls and pass.

U: Two 1/1 flying spirit tokens
T:
GY: Soulsx2, Alchemyx2
yeah I fixed it, my bad

UUD

cast Doomed Traveler and pass

L:8
T:
U: Traveler, 5

GY: still Rally lol
Rally all day long! lol

UUD, animate gideon and swing with him and spirits for 8, responses?
block gideon with DT get a spirit token, take 2  if no shiniangans abound
No shenanigans, so you're at 6.
Post combat I'll lay down a Glacial Fortress and pass it to you.

U:
T: Gideon(4), Two 1/1 flying spirits
GY: 2 Alchemy, 2 Souls, Nihil, a wilds, some spells and stuff, florida, cowtails...why are you still reading this :/
lmao

UUD

plains, swing with spirit and cast Rally from my grave and from my hand  making him a 5/1 at gideon hopefully getting rid of that bastard lol turn if thats all

L:6
H:0
T: spirit, 5
U: 2

GY: still Rally, though a different one this time lol
Seeing as how you're at no cards, this Doom Blade should give me the game .. I can't let you be mean to Gideon  :]
bah yeah that's game, gg sir/mam, any ideas for this deck im running?
GG
Care to post a decklist? 
gimmie a min
Off the top of my head, the changes I would make/thoughts I have:

Add in Clifftop Retreatx4, taking out maybe 3 basics.  This would obviously bump up the land count by 1, but 20 does seem low.

-3 Pyreheart Wolf
-2 Thatcher Revolt
-2 Oblivion Ring  (I think 2 mainboard in aggro is fine, you can maybe put another 1 in the SB..4 seems like too much when you're trying to win a fast game)

Depending on how useful you're finding shocks to be for combat shenanigans, I like Pillar of Flame more overall since it takes care of problems like Gravecrawler, Strangleroot Geist, Geralf's Messenger, Doomed Traveler, etc.

Emancipation Angel doesn't seem to do much for the deck,  so I'd probably drop both.

+4 Silverblade Paladin and +2 Lightning Mauler would make a good team here, t2 Mauler into t3 silverblade pairing is nuts, as is t3 silverblade into t4 hellrider pairing.

+1 Hero of Bladehold  (just so good, helps you restablize after board wipes. With just her and a random Rally the Peasants in your GY you can attack for 13)

I might also run Incinerate over Burning Oil just because your mana curve is so low it would be difficult to flash it back reliably.  Also kills stuff that doesn't normally attack you like mana dorks.

If you ever make the deck more focused on humans Champion of the Parish and Thalia, Guardian of Thraben are clutch.  If you leaned it towards tokens you'd obviously want Honor of the Pure and Intangible Virtues maxed out, with 4 Midnight Hauntings and Lingering Souls.

why no pyreheart wolf? and what about hound of griselbrand?
Wolf just seems slow to me.  He's especially slow against control, since they're never really blocking anyway.  I've seen him used before to somewhat decent effect but I don't think he warrants 3 slots.

In a deck like this, Hellrider and Hero of Bladehold both outclass hound.  Hound is good at what he does, but your other two options play much nicer with others.