Why the AI when someone concedes?

29 posts / 0 new
Last post
Seriously, it's annoying.   The game is over, I won, why must you torture me Stainless?

Hopefully it gets patched because's it's dumb.

Or is there a way to turn it off?

That is all.    
Before you make a game check of AI takes control (or similiar). It's there because of multiplayers. Imagine how would you feel when you've played an hour long game and then sudenly the game ends beacuse one played had to go.
Where is that option for 1 v 1 ranked?  I don't see a box

I get what you are saying for multiplayer, but it should be included for 1v1.
It would've been nice if it was an option for the player who stayed. Some want to continue the game since it's a good one, and others want to be done with as they chose online battles instead of AI battles.
when i host 2hg matches i allways make sure this isnt on its very anoying,
Does anybody know what happens if you somehow lose a ranked game (or quit out) that your opponent quit out of?
AI takeover appears to be the default option in ranked matches.  This is silly, as there is no option to turn off AI takeover for ranked matches currently...

This must be a bug. 
I'm playing on the Ipad - and the AI takesover all the time when someone concedes. No option to turn it off. Please give us an option to accept the win, like Ascension does.

Please please please fix this. 
It's possible this is in place to prevent gaming the system to unlock cards.

Then don't unlock cards, unless you play a full game against someone - but why penalize people with having to finish out a game when someone leaves after the third card.

It's happening alot on the Ipad (i.e: not fun) - at least on the PS3 in 2012, I had a choice - it's forced now.
OK, so I'm not taking crazy pills, this is a problem for everyone.   This should be patched immediately for 1v1 ranked.  
Then don't unlock cards, unless you play a full game against someone

And then you're counting on your opponent not to concede with lethal damage on the stack.

For my money, the whole unlock-cards thing should be only vs. AI.

What system are you playing on Bishop87?
Xbox.
I'm on the iPad, good to hear this bug is across platforms... so it should be a high priority fix.
On PC, there is an option to tick AI takeover. It resets itself every time you open a new lobby to default value (on), and it can be easily missed if you have an avatar with a white background (I have been there).

But I like to play it as on. You basically play the game to see combos, powerful creatures, etc. in late game and that' where it gets sweet at. Returning to a menu because I win is a lackluster for me and for a lot of people.

In RL magic, it can be useful because you do all the work instead of the computer. Imagine you put counters on creatures yourself, you painstakingly write your life on a piece of paper every time it changes and you basically tap all your lands one by one. That's when it becomes like a chess, almost a chore. So you concede and move on to other games.

Digital games dont have to be like that. Or do they?

Just posting to let Wizards/Stainless know, that I think it is stupid, that I cannot turn AI Takeover off in ranked 1 vs. 1. 

If I wanted to play against the AI, then I would play singleplayer. 

When Someone Concedes, then the other player should win. Simple as that. Please fix it in the next update.

Thanks.

An option to accept the victory in the side menu would be great.
That's when it becomes like a chess, almost a chore.

Excuse me, but since when has chess been a chore? You move one piece a very short distance during your turn, and you compare it to what's essentially playing vs. an infect deck?
Oh, and writing a number on a piece of paper is painstaking to you? Who are you, Stephen Hawking?

Anyway, I haven't had anyone quit on me without AI takeover yet. What happens in 2013 when someone does that?
QQ all you want, it is a acceptable to play AI takeover set to off, since all you have to do is click things. And you have both options anyway, so I don't understand all the QQ'ing. You can open the lobby yourself if you are so wronged by that option.

Did I say QQ more?
Can you let me know how to turn off AI takeover on the iPad? There is no lobby on the iPad. Thanks.
Surreal. There is no way. I am on the iPad as well. We will have to wait for patch.

This doesn't bother me, but I can see how others can get annoyed by it.
QQ all you want, it is a acceptable to play AI takeover set to off, since all you have to do is click things. And you have both options anyway, so I don't understand all the QQ'ing. You can open the lobby yourself if you are so wronged by that option.

Did I say QQ more?

People on Xbox don't have this option for ranked games.  I play on both systems and its set up differently.

This is a non issue on PS3.  There is no difference between ranked/unranked and there's always the option to turn ai takeover off.  On Xbox though (and apparently Ipad), if you want to play ranked, then there is no option to turn AI takeover off.  The alternative however is to just play in non ranked matches which I've found myself doing because in 2HG it takes forever to find a ranked match due to so many people hopping in and out of rooms trying to find their partner.
I prefer it on for 2HG, for the simple fact that if it's off, it's not really fair for the other guy.

For instance, just yesterday I was in a 2HG match where my team mate crashed out. It was a good game, very back and fourth.

The AI took over for my team mate, and we actually won a few turns later because he ended up decking one of our opponents.

I am GLAD we had AI replace on.
What does QQ mean?
What does QQ mean?

Cry.  QQ is supposed to look like two eyes shedding tears.
What does QQ mean?

A.k.a. cry some more. 

I Actually enjoy games where my opponents quit out in ranked lol.

Ive been winning games had my opponent concede then lose the game not 3 turns later >.<.

BUT...

Because my human opponents quit out of the match. My ranking has still gone up. currently in the top 80 of 2HG

This is WAY WAY better than winning 10 games and having only 1 match go to the Victory screen.

So if your opponents quit out and your facing nothing but ai go ahead and either play it out or just concede to the AI your rank will only increase from this ^_~   AND your rank goes down A LOT less when you finish it out rather than concede.
Like I said in that other thread, why is it not a yes/no prompt when your opponent concedes? I might want to finish the match if an awesome combo is about to unfold but not when the bugger disconnects on the first turn.
Sign In to post comments