Sorcerer - Pick your damage type...?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi all!
I'm not sure where I got this rumour from but is there a feat or something else for the Sorcerer that lets him choose which damage type to use? One of my players has an at-will power with varying damage types (radiant, fire, ...). She has to use a d6 to see which type it will be.
Does anyone of you know, if it exists, what the name of the feat would be? I could not find anything.

Thanks
Maybe you're thinking of the Elementalist Sorcerer, a sub-class from Heroes of the Elemental Chaos. They gain the Elemental Bolt power, the damage type of which is based on the elementalist's chosen element (earth/air/fire/water).

You might also be thinking of the paragon feat Arcane Admixture, available to all arcane characters. It can add another damage type to one of your arcane powers.
One of my players has an at-will power with varying damage types (radiant, fire, ...). She has to use a d6 to see which type it will be.
Does anyone of you know, if it exists, what the name of the feat would be? I could not find anything.

Are you talking about the energy strobe power?  This is an at-will sorcerer power that can be used as a ranged basic attack, and deals damage of a random type when it hits.

I can't think of any feats that would let him choose the damage type for this power, though.

Its strange, as I thought it sparked something in my memory as well.

Nothing I can distinctively recall for Sorcerers sadly.  The closest thing I can even think of is Focused Chaos utility, for Even and Odd results rather then what the Dice roll is.

I'm probably confusing things in the Warlock's Elemental Pact, which allows a conversion of certain damage types to the randomized damage type given with how closely related it is to a Wild Sorcerer.
It looks like its a wild focus sorcerer.
In that they roll a d10 to gain resistance to a damage type.
This also lets them ignore a targets resistance up to 5, 10, 15 by tier.
Yes, energy strobe, thats it. Ok, it would be pretty darn powerful to have a feat like that. Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.
I don't think it would be all that powerful for a sorcerer to be permitted a player choice about which damage type is used for Energy Strobe. Its barely a boost, but the player could really enjoy their own character far more.
Sign In to post comments