DotP 2013 config.cfg File

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
My copy of DotP 2013 is missing the Config.cfg file and I haven't been able to find a copy onlie anywhere and I was hopeing that someone could post what is in the File In the file format so I could actually play the game I payed for.

[width]

[height]

[refresh]

[aa_mode]

[depth]

[fullscreen]

[reflections]

[language]

[quality]

[SFX]

[NumShadow]

[ShadowQual]

Desolation Angel makes Dungrove Elder sad. - hydramarine
Thank-you very much but it seems to have not worked, oh well I wonder If I can get a refund...
try this

www.qfpost.com/file/d?g=DcojCIMFt

it's going into Steam\steamapps\common\magic 2013
Nothing but the same, I click Play, The Preparing to Launch Screen comes up, DotP_D13.exe starts up in my task manager then nothing happens and the .exe closes itself.
maybe your monitor doesn't support the resolution? try Fullscreen 0 and a lower resolution maybe.
Did you try removing the game and redownloading it?

Eye kneed teh speelchequer bach!

Try right-clicking the game in your steam library. Then click properties>local files tab>verify integrity of game cache.
WrightJustice: I Uninstalled / reinstalled both the game and Steam Itself and neither worked.

ArmiaKrajowa : Wheneve I do that It always says "1 File Failed to Validate and will be reaquired" and does a quick download.
Ive uninstalled and reinstalled both.  I still get an Unknown (Fatal) Error.  I cant even ask for help on Steams forums, because while they have no problem taking my money, they have a problem with me asking for help.  Ive asked for a refund (fat chance of that), but I will never use this service again.  It should NOT be this hard to play a stupid game.  And from what Ive been reading on the forums while waiting for Steam to let me post for help, I wasted $20.  Yeah, I pre-ordered it.  I should have just thrown that $20 at MTGO, I would have been much happier. 

[width]

[height]

[refresh]

[aa_mode]

[depth]

[fullscreen]

[reflections]

[language]

[quality]

[SFX]

[NumShadow]

[ShadowQual]

Where and how do I do this?  Im not good at computers, and I really have been trying to make this work, but Im getting very angry and frustrated.  HAHAHAHAHAHA  at lest my download came with the config.cfg, for all the good its doing me.

Edit:  I have NEVER had to wait after registering with a site to post.  I am not happy with Steam at all.

Edit again:  I had to download a program to read the config file.  Im gonna try the settings you put up.  Im not expecting any of it to work of course.  But I do thank you for the info.

How does one edit the config file?  This is garbage, I shouldnt have to work to play a damn game I bought.  I even shelled out the extra bucks for the pretty package, and this is how Im repayed?

1 file failed to verify, need to download, but nothing gets downloaded.   
How does one edit the config file?  This is garbage, I shouldnt have to work to play a damn game I bought.  I even shelled out the extra bucks for the pretty package, and this is how Im repayed?

1 file failed to verify, need to download, but nothing gets downloaded.   

Just any basic text editor can do it, on windows it's the "Editor", but there are plenty of free good ones for any platform.
I don't know if this is related, but anybody have any idea why this game would run so slowly on my pc when it runs any other games pretty smoothly, including duels 2012?
newbie here

@chucklezdaccc  you can edit the config file in windows notepad.

@Mauler5000  you can tweak the game in option and video settings, maybe lower resoution, shadow and aliasing.

for me i found the intro video to stutter so i renamed all wmv files to something else this makes the game loads faster no intro movies.

HTH.
you can just delete the whole Movies folder ^^
Thanks guys. I tried messing with the resoloution , it made it a little better but still not playable. The odd thing is the videos and everything run perfect, then it gets into the game and everything bogs down.
i have a SERIOUS problem with my DotP game. i got this game for Steam and it wont run. it keeps telling me i have a fatal/unknown error. i have all the files for the game and steam. i have tried redownloading both the game and steam three/four times and have tried to change the config in the notepad, and it'll stay change until i try to start the game up and it gives me the error message again.... how many other people are having or have had this problem? i really want to play this with my friends and teach my fiance to help... also; i PAID for this game, so it should work with minimal hardships... or at least TELL ME WHY THERE IS A FATAL ERROR! geeeez... :\ #wantthisgameorwantmymoney.
Thanks guys. I tried messing with the resoloution , it made it a little better but still not playable. The odd thing is the videos and everything run perfect, then it gets into the game and everything bogs down.

Does your comp meet the min specs?

• Processor: 2GHz CPU (Pentium 4 or equivalent)

• Memory: 1GB RAM (2GB for Vista and Windows 7)

• Hard Disk Space: 1.5Gb HDD

• Video Card: 512MB DirectX 9.0c compatible video card with Pixelshader 3.0 support

Seems like your graphics card/cpu is not powerful enough.
I got past my [Fatal Error] "Uknown Error" by editing the Config.cfg resolution to match my Windows desktop resolution. Whether setting fullscreen to 0 will help or not i don't know, i just turn mine off because my video card recently picked up a quirk that rapidly consumes the system memory from alt+tabbing to and from full screen.

Before i found the solution to my problem i also read some people saying their antivirus software caused it for them. My avast did go off on starting it too, but other than telling it to butt out, there was nothing else i needed to do.
Sign In to post comments