Sculpting the Perfect Warrior Help

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Alright, I feel like I'm getting really close to beating this challenge, but I can't seem to quite get there. I'm going to post what I'm doing, and can someone simply say whether the steps are correct or incorrect? I don't want any full spoilers, just a one word reply with "correct" or "incorrect". 

1. Cast Sculpting Steel copying Batterskull
2. Use 2 germ tokens, each equipped with Mortar Pod and Batterskull, to kill the opposing creature and gain 2 life.
3. Pay 2 life to play Phyrexian Metamorph, copying Puresteel Paladin
4. Cast Darksteel Axe, draw two cards
5. Cast Sword of Feast and Famine, draw two cards 
6. Put all equipment on the Paladin and swing, knocking the opponent to 2 life. Untap all lands.

Thanks! 

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012

Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

Alright, I feel like I'm getting really close to beating this challenge, but I can't seem to quite get there. I'm going to post what I'm doing, and can someone simply say whether the steps are correct or incorrect? I don't want any full spoilers, just a one word reply with "correct" or "incorrect". 

1. Cast Sculpting Steel copying Batterskull
2. Use 2 germ tokens, each equipped with Mortar Pod and Batterskull, to kill the opposing creature and gain 2 life.
3. Pay 2 life to play Phyrexian Metamorph, copying Puresteel Paladin
4. Cast Darksteel Axe, draw two cards
5. Cast Sword of Feast and Famine, draw two cards 
6. Put all equipment on the Paladin and swing, knocking the opponent to 2 life. Untap all lands.

Thanks! 

Haha! This is where i'm up to but i've retired for the night and will pick up tomorrow.

It leaves you with 3 life left to take off, but you can only get rid of 2 by saccing (by either bouncing and recasting the other Paladin or casting another germ token) I'm 1 mana off getting a third creature out... GRRR!

Yep, exactly. And using Sword of Body and Mind to get the wolf token doesn't work either because you don't have the mana to cast anything. It's rough.

Think I have the answer...

The shaper that turns into a Batterskull - it looks like a token, but is it classed as one? If not, you should be able to bounce it and re-cast as another Batterskull.

I'm off to sleep but will try this tomorrow.

Once it's batterskull, it's not a creature. You can't bounce it.

Let me see if I can remember this correctly.

1.With the untapped mana return the Cloning Artifact get the germ sac it.
2.return the arrested card
3.sac the cloned Puresteel Paladin
4.play and sac the Last Puresteel Paladin for the win

If i can i'll post a video in a couple
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kiaJX9BPKg&feat...
Correct. After you've got your 11 untapped mana (counting the blue we just put down) and Ordric is down to 3 points, you simply put the Batterskull copy back in your hand for 3 mana (the ability of it card), which means that you get Sculpting Steel on your hand again.
Cast Sculpting Steel on the Batterskull once again to get a germ you can sacrifice.
Then use the blue bounce-spell on the arrested Puresteel Paladin and summon him again with your last mana, then sacrifice all three monsters.

More or less how it goes - order doesn't matter. 
Wrong, order DOES matter. Sac the germ first or you wont be able to put the Mortarpod on it. Puresteel Paladin allows us to do that for free, so he cannot be sacrificed first.

/Edited for better wording.
I just recorded a video of me beating the challenge at youtu.be/ycPEFnfDaGk
Thanks for yout help everyone.

After that they get quite easy. Just finished them all. 

Sign In to post comments