Axis and Allies Modern Conflicts

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I love the Axis and Allies miniatures and I love the WWII setting but I thing that a great idea for an expansion pack would be to have some in more modern times from like Korea to Desert Storm. I think that would be really cool to have a few modern things in like helicopters and more modern tank, riflemen, and planes.

Tell your ideas for this   
Stop it here ;)

Honestly I can see the expansion of the game, but i want it to go backwards to the Great war and not in the future (today)

I would like to go to the (early) Arab/Israeli Wars and the Korean war one day (decent Chinese :D), but SCW would be more apealing to me...

...,... and Rock'n Roll - but Minis are fun too...
I kinda agree... I think that WWII was the last war that was really a man to man war. Korean and Vietnam would be fun, but the game would become expensive US troops vs many light Chinese/Vietnamese troops and guerillas. Desert Storm could work, as mre of a tank battle perhaps, but I agree wuth RvM that a WWI version would be a lot of fuN! :D

Still, if you can come up with a fun Korean-Modern game, I'd play it! ;) 
I would LOVE a WW I game... I highly doubt a modern one would work though, its to many small conflicts and not enough countries. I would buy many ww 1 packs though, because of all the countries. Here is the countries you could use in a WW I version.
Alllies
Britain
France
Russia
USA
Italy
Romania
Serbia
Japan
Greece
Central powers
 Germany
Austria-Hungary
Ottoman empire
Bulgaria
Netherlands
Now that I look back, I could add canada and portugal to the allies.... what a great game it would be
I love the Axis and Allies miniatures and I love the WWII setting but I thing that a great idea for an expansion pack would be to have some in more modern times from like Korea to Desert Storm. I think that would be really cool to have a few modern things in like helicopters and more modern tank, riflemen, and planes.

Tell your ideas for this   

I stumbled across 15mm post war miniatures on some compeditors sites making your idea possible. You would have to do some research to stat out the cards but its doable. 105mm Centurions and T54 & T55s are readily available through aftermarket sources as well as equipment from the 60's for Vietnam or middle eastern conflicts.

The potentcy of the 88 was that it was present, in reasonable numbers, when it was needed, They had them. We did not. And anything an enemy has which makes life unpleasant for you tends to earn a larger-than-life reputation. Ian Hogg IMAGE(http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu197/obermasterfuhrer/Axis%20and%20Allies/Resignationsig2.jpg)A&A Underground AAM Database