YMTC Idol 10: Round 3

72 posts / 0 new
Last post

IMAGE(http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l300/idiotic_puppy/YMTCIdol10logo.jpg)

Welcome to the 10th installment of YMTC Idol!

YMTC Idol has come to be one of the longest running contests on these forums, and I'm happy to help usher it into its 10th year of challenging creative minds to etch their names into YMTC history.

The previous year saw thirty contestants enter the fray; in the end, Mown was left victorious. Thirty-nine hopefuls came to this year's call, but only twenty-four made it through the auditions, with four falling in the round thereafter. The second round claimed four more victims, leaving sixteen remaining. Should you wish to reach glory, you must face the challenges set forth by my magnanimous panel. Your judges this year are...

[color=brown]Mown[/color], the winner of YMTC Idol 9!...
Kavu_Overlord, the winner of YMTC Idol 8!...
And your host, Rush_Clasic, the winner of... um... erm... your hearts and affections!

Contestants
AnubisDread
chinkeeyong
Cold_Articuno
Degauss
Detektor
Elzaban_the_Ethereal
Freyjann
Imidazoline
Mono789
pietro_aronica
razorborne
Sebanovich
silasw
squinty_eyes
Tekkahedron
Yushang

[color=purple]Round 3 Criteria[/color]:
Over the past few years, Magic has drifted away from the big block idea in favor of exploring other paths. It started with Shadowmoor introducing us to the mega-block idea, showing a contrasted world from the Lorwyn that came before it. We then saw Rise of the Eldrazi follow the natural flow of land masses bringing forth enormous monsters. Most recently we've been introduced to Avacyn Restored, a set that attempts to display righteous retribution from the wickedness of the previous sets. WOTC is good at innovating and forcing us to experience new ideas, but sometimes they do so at the cost expanding on great sets, like Innistrad.

If there's one thing we've learned from Magic, though (Time Spiral block, anyone?), it's how exicting asking "what if?" can be.

Assignment:
Pretend that Avacyn Restored never existed. In its place is your basic third set that expands upon the previous two sets, a set we'll call Haunted Eve. Create a card for this third set. Your card should expand, evolve, bend, and/or reference themes that were previously shown in Innistrad or Dark Ascension. At the same time, your card needs to show where this third set is going and why your card had to wait until Haunted Eve to be printed. Color(s) and rarity are up to you.

You have five days to submit your card. Three contestants will be eliminated this round.

Good luck!
Not sure if there is any boundary to the scope of what we're allowed to create so I'll ask this.  Are we allowed to create keywords for our card, or are we limited to mechanics that already exist?
Freyjann, I think the whole point of the criterion is to expand upon those themes.  Speaking of the criterion, this is an interesting one.
Come check out my friend's youtube channel where he gives bad movies what's coming to them!
You Make the Card
Best Contest Holder 2010 YMtC Idol 9 4th Place
Mafia History
Friendliest Player 2010 Werewolves Invade YMtC!: Town-aligned Rotworm Mass, Survived, Mafia Victory Heroes Mafia: Angela Petrelli, Town-Aligned Undercover Revengeful Mother, Win for Me, Mafia Victory Super Smash Bros. Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Survived, Town Victory Bear Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Lynched Day 1, Mafia Victory YMtC Mafia II: Henry-Stern, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Town Victory, Town MVP Time Fracture Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Nero, the Last Romulan, Lynched Day 3, Borg Victory Touhou Mafia III: Tenshi Hinani, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Mafia 2010: Lynched Day 1, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Dragonball Z Mafia: Goku, Town-Aligned Charismatic Townie, Mafia Victory Quarantined Mafia: Lynched Day 4, J. Walter Weatherman, Infected-Aligned Administrative Assistant, Mr. T (so basically mafia) Victory Glass Box Mafia: Killed Night 2, Icthys, Town-Aligned Networker, Town Victory Battle Royale Mafia: Killed Night 3, Zipperflesh and Dark Stryke Victory Scars of Mirrodin Mafia: Killed Night 3, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Mafia Victory Portal Mafia: Lynched Day 3, Test Subject #2, Mafia-Aligned Rolestopper, Town Victory (that was utter BS) Toxic Waste Mafia: Survived, Violet, Hive (Cult)-Aligned Powerless Taskmaster, Hive Victory PK Hatez You Mafia: Survived, Town-Aligned Goth, Mafia Victory Dreven City: A Wild West Mafia: Town-Aligned "Los Angeles" Reed, One-Shot Vig, Survived, Town Victory (just barely, major props to Just a Cleric) YMtC Mafia III: Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Vampire Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Pander, Mafia Victory Touhou Border Collapse: Bill Cosby, Town-Aligned, Killed Night 1, Mafia Victory Harry Potter Mafia: Argus Filch, Town-Aligned Tracker, Lynched Day 5, Mafia Victory [Basic #5] Bandit Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Borderlands Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory eBay Mafia: Mafia-Aligned, Survived, Mafia Victory Full Metal Alchemist Mafia: Alphonse Elric, Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory Sunflowers for Ragnarokio: Lynched Day 3, Town/Just a Cleric/Tevish Szat/Faux-Razor Victory True Blood Mafia: Lynched Day 4, Mafia Victory My Mafia Diary: Skyhunter, Mafia-Aligned Emo, Survived, Flawless Mafia Victory Paper Mario Mafia: Blue Goomba, Town-Aligned Lover, Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Small Town Mafia: Pigsticker Mafia-Aligned Coward, Killed Night 2, Caveman Mafia and Zipperflesh Victory Stuff on my Desk Mafia: Lotus Cobra, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Order of the Chaos Rose Mafia: Lord Dagol Ji'Lovik, Town-Aligned Hypnotist, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Camp Crystal Lake Mafia: Ongoing A Certain Magical Mafia: Killed Night 1, Town-Aligned The Siege of Balignor Mafia: Ongoing, Killed Day 4 Mafia of Ancient Egypt: Replaced in for Murica day 2, Ra, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Town Victory, Town MVP Lord of the Rings Mafia: Replaced in for Dr Demento, Town-Aligned Mason/One-Shot Self-Doc, Town Victory, Town MVP Internet Stars Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Mythos Mafia: Ongoing
Flagstones of Thraben
Land (R)

: Add to your mana pool for each creature card in your graveyard.

When the dust settled and the blood crusted over, no living thing remained on Innistrad.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Not sure if there is any boundary to the scope of what we're allowed to create so I'll ask this.  Are we allowed to create keywords for our card, or are we limited to mechanics that already exist?

Yes, you are absolutely allowed to create new keywords. If you feel that your design needs further justification, add a blurb.
so is Haunted Eve is a small set, then? or is it a different large set twist? or can it be either?

also of four criteria so far, this is the third that makes us invent a whole set. you're a jerk Rush.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

Sets I Made: Fleets of Ossia (complete) | Wavebreak (in progress)

so is Haunted Eve is a small set, then? or is it a different large set twist? or can it be either?

also of four criteria so far, this is the third that makes us invent a whole set. you're a jerk Rush.

Small set. And somewhere along the line I realized that designing without context is way less interesting.

Small set. And somewhere along the line I realized that designing without context is way less interesting.

I'll design you without context

ooh

burn

Sanctuary Seeker 
Creature - Human Werewolf (U)
Protection from Non-Human creatures.
At the beginning of each upkeep, if no spells were cast last turn, transform Sanctuary Seeker.
"Dear Avacyn, they're dead... they're all dead... Kessig is gone... all we can do is hold up here and pray."
1/1
-------------------------
Preystarved Howler
(G) Creature - Werewolf
Protection from Humans and Werewolves.At the beginning of each upkeep, if a player cast two or more spells last turn, transform Preystarved Werewolf
The last of the prey had been devoured. The monsters that had once devoured humanity with eagerness were now forced to eat the flesh of their own howlpack.
4/4
With the Helvault broken, Griselbrand emerges alone, Avacyn having succumbed to the wound inflicted before they tumbled into the vault together. As the Helvault crumbled, the release of energy charges those wards and weapons of Avacyn, but the power can no longer be gathered, and this time once that power has waned - not extinction. but a lifetime as the primary food supply on Innistrad beckons.

Thraben Refugee |
Creature - Human
Undying
As long as Thraben Refugee has a +1/+1 counter on it, it is a black zombie instead of its other colors and types.
2/3[/sblock]

Undying's white in the last set because the monsters win. Humans survive, but only as cattle for the vamps (none of the others care enough to plan). I imagine this would be part of a cycle, where the humans become the monsters.
(This one is only a placeholder, as it's really quite similar almost the same exactly identical to the idea behind Loyal Cathar.)

Ugh, I was going to do the Vampire thing, but that's been taken by the Thing of markov, whatever that was. Damned DFC's.

I guess my card better hit the note in my little blurby bit - that human - Avacyn type stuff gets a boost from the release of magic from the Helvault, but then it all falls away. Still finishes the push of undying to white, but it does it in a more 'regenerate-y' type feel rather than the 'rising monster' feel.

Moorland Warder |
Creature - Human Cleric
Undying
Moorland Warder has protection from black unless it has a +1/+1 counter on it.
"On the day my wards fail again, I hope I'm anywhere but back in Thraben."
2/3
Show
PLACEHOLDERSORTAENTRY

Seraph of Nephalia
Creature -- Angel (R)
Flying
Whenever a Human dies, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield.
As darkness fell, nothing was sacred.
4/4

fff keep losing my flavor bits.

Innistrad was the set up.
Dark Ascension was the fall.
Haunted Eve is the ending.

Humanity is no longer the last stalwart of defense against the monsters, becoming nothing more than wild beasts themselves.  While there were loners in Dark Ascension, they are now in the majority, as the humans lost their cities and homes to the demons that were released from the Helvault.  

With the Helvault opening, Thraben was thought to turn the tide, as the angel known as Avacyn was released.  Sadly for the humans, this was not the case.  While she did sever the connection to many of the demons, inciting many prayers in her name, this celebration was short-lived, as the numbers were too much for even Avacyn to deal with, as she was struck down, crashing into the tallest cathedral.

Onlookers were shocked and amazed as their last hope fell down, but the demons took this as a silent note to start their take over.  The cities of Innistrad were demolished, leaving no human settlement safe, not even the ghoulcallers of Nephalia were safe from the onslaught.

As hours passed, humans started to become monsters of their own, ignoring the traditions bound before them.  Some murdered, some continued killing the monsters with newfound killing glee.

But, all of them reveled in the bloodthirst and glee.

They were monsters now, just as the ones they killed before them.

Avacyn, the Last Beacon
Legendary Creature -- Angel (M)
Flying, First strike, Vigilance
Morbid --  At the beginning of each end step, if a creature died this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control for each creature that died this turn.
In a moment, light shone throughout the world.
In a moment, darkness overcame everything.
6/6

While this hints at it, a big opening is white morbid.  Humans are no longer bound to being 'civil' with their civilizations wiped out, becoming much more feral and animalistic, drowning in their primal urges.  

Also, flavor text BARELY fits, but it fits D:
\o/
Based on the name Haunted Eve, I'm guessing that the final set in this top-down block is going to display a flavour shift from Gothic horror to a more lurid Halloween aesthetic. Still macabre, but less gritty and more stylized or downright surreal.

EDIT: I just had a crazy idea: one night a year, there's a weird convergence of power such that anything you dress up as *fuses into your skin* at midnight and replaces your physical form (provided your mindset is right - otherwise it might stop halfway...). It's a costume pageant of horror.

One of the few things I liked about the Innistrad block (say what you will, Wizards can't seem to design a decent top-down set) were the great, elegant card names they used. Bump in the Night, Cellar Door, Claustrophobia, Dead Weight, Dearly Departed, Evil Twin, Lost in the Woods, Make a Wish, Nevermore, Night Terrors, Rebuke, Sensory Deprivation, Stony Silence, ... Plus, they made a bunch of cards representing genre tropes, including equipment like Butcher's Cleaver, Graveyard Shovel, Sharpened Pitchfork, Silver-Inlaid Dagger, and Wooden Stake.

Witch's Broomstick 
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature has flying and gets +1/+1 for each scream counter on Witch's Broomstick.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may name a card. Whenever a creature with that name dies this turn, put a scream counter on Witch's Broomstick.
Equip
Each Haunted Eve the Nearheath coven write threats in the sky, bottling the resultant fear into besom twigs for another year's worth of propulsion.

The ability interacts wth morbid, undying, transform, sacrifice, mill and a whole bunch of other stuff in the Innistrad block. It's also a great bluffing tool (name your opponent's best creature and see if they play differently). It uses scream counters instead of +1/+1 counters because that would interfere with undying, and because Equipment are much more durable than creatures are. Also, the scream counters are a reference to the Oracle wording of All Hallow's Eve.
I'd imagine that much like New Phyrexia, this third set could focus on conflicts between monster factions, as the humans are simply a non-factor at this point. Perhaps the humans can be used as foot soldiers in a war of monsters.

Geralf's Bloodless
Creature - Zombie (U)
Whenever a Vampire dies, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield.
2/4
Once human corpses became a rare commodity, Geralf quickly adjusted his strategy.

This card is designed to help slow Zombie decks stabilize against quick Vampire decks in limited, as well as enable cross-tribe synergy.

EDIT: I totally wasn't trying to rip off Yushang. I was probably subconsciously affected.
Got to start somewhere...

Join the Pack
|
Tribal Enchantment - Werewolf

Whenever a creature dealt damage by a werewolf creature you control dies, put a 3/3 green werewolf creature token into the battlefield.

Bite by bite, the pack grows in numbers.
okay so let's talk words.

Haunted Eve does not imply human victory. it implies monsters winning. it also implies a dramatic twist where it turns out this whole thing was Halloween and the next day it all goes back to normal, but I'll stay away from that. so how do we make that happen without just being Scars of Mirrodin block all over again? well, there's a couple options. give the humans a last stand. make it all about going out in a blaze of glory. this could be a bunch of human-based death triggers. that's an option. the Haunted Eve being the last night of the humans before the world is consumed in darkness. or I could show Innistrad centuries later. time has passed since the Dark Ascenscion, and they remember the time before when humans were plentiful to be hunted. not sure how to play this mechanically. and Eve seems to imply a singular moment. alright, I'm going with the last stand thing.

so the obvious choice is role reversal from AVR. the humans die. the beasts rise. with each human that falls, the others rally, until they are snuffed out under the ever-growing ranks of their own former allies. but there's something missing there. if this is humanity's last stand, who remains to tell their story? maybe Haunted Eve takes place after the aforementioned eve, where the few remaining survivors have been chased underground, hiding beneath the chapels that once kept them safe from the ghouls now roaming free above them. ugh but now I'm going back to being Scars block all over again. I think I need to focus on that one last stand. but how can I make things make sense? how can this be the one day the monsters finally rise to take over civilization?

the answer is the Helvault. even as Avacyn remained trapped, the monsters feared the vault. but on the Day of Spirits, the Helvault collapsed. it didn't open, it fell. crumbled. left nothing behind. and on that day, the monsters knew they had nothing left to fear. that last remnant of Avacyn's hold vanished. she was never coming back. the angels had gone. the humans gathered in Thraben, behind its hallowed walls, prepared to make one final stand against the monsters, their backs against the wall, with no allies, no stocks, and no hope.

in Haunted Eve, mechanically, we expand on the monsters' mechanics. but, more importantly, we see them working together. the vampires lead zombie hordes, while the werewolves crash against the gates in a blind fury. the spirits scout out weaknesses in the humans' defenses. and in that vein:

Stromkirk Deathcrafter-
Creature-Vampire
Flying
Whenever Stromkirk Deathcrafter deals combat damage to a player, put a +1/+1 counter on it and put a 2/2 black zombie creature token onto the battlefield tapped. 
"They're ugly beasts driven only by hunger, but one cannot deny the use of an infinite sea of flesh."
3/3 

not married to this yet, but it's a start.

In Haunted Eve, I imagine the humans on the verge of disaster.  Many of the major cities are a wreck and there are a lucky few surviving humans that haven't simply given in to the hordes of monsters and/or demons.  I'm going to focus on the human survival aspect for my card with a mechanic called Survival, which cares about surviving through combat and gaining strength from it.

Desperate Luminary
Creature - Human Soldier (U)
Survivor -- At the beginning of the end step, if Desperate Luminary was dealt combat damage this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on Desperate Luminary.
Remove a +1/+1 counter from Desperate Luminary: Another target creature you control gains protection from the color of your choice until end of turn.
2/3

This is a "head of the household" type of guy, one who seeks to keep his family safe above all else.  Even when he makes it through fighting off zombies and whatever else comes his way, he's there to save his family in an instant.
Come check out my friend's youtube channel where he gives bad movies what's coming to them!
You Make the Card
Mafia History
Friendliest Player 2010 Werewolves Invade YMtC!: Town-aligned Rotworm Mass, Survived, Mafia Victory Heroes Mafia: Angela Petrelli, Town-Aligned Undercover Revengeful Mother, Win for Me, Mafia Victory Super Smash Bros. Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Survived, Town Victory Bear Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Lynched Day 1, Mafia Victory YMtC Mafia II: Henry-Stern, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Town Victory, Town MVP Time Fracture Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Nero, the Last Romulan, Lynched Day 3, Borg Victory Touhou Mafia III: Tenshi Hinani, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Mafia 2010: Lynched Day 1, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Dragonball Z Mafia: Goku, Town-Aligned Charismatic Townie, Mafia Victory Quarantined Mafia: Lynched Day 4, J. Walter Weatherman, Infected-Aligned Administrative Assistant, Mr. T (so basically mafia) Victory Glass Box Mafia: Killed Night 2, Icthys, Town-Aligned Networker, Town Victory Battle Royale Mafia: Killed Night 3, Zipperflesh and Dark Stryke Victory Scars of Mirrodin Mafia: Killed Night 3, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Mafia Victory Portal Mafia: Lynched Day 3, Test Subject #2, Mafia-Aligned Rolestopper, Town Victory (that was utter BS) Toxic Waste Mafia: Survived, Violet, Hive (Cult)-Aligned Powerless Taskmaster, Hive Victory PK Hatez You Mafia: Survived, Town-Aligned Goth, Mafia Victory Dreven City: A Wild West Mafia: Town-Aligned "Los Angeles" Reed, One-Shot Vig, Survived, Town Victory (just barely, major props to Just a Cleric) YMtC Mafia III: Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Vampire Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Pander, Mafia Victory Touhou Border Collapse: Bill Cosby, Town-Aligned, Killed Night 1, Mafia Victory Harry Potter Mafia: Argus Filch, Town-Aligned Tracker, Lynched Day 5, Mafia Victory [Basic #5] Bandit Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Borderlands Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory eBay Mafia: Mafia-Aligned, Survived, Mafia Victory Full Metal Alchemist Mafia: Alphonse Elric, Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory Sunflowers for Ragnarokio: Lynched Day 3, Town/Just a Cleric/Tevish Szat/Faux-Razor Victory True Blood Mafia: Lynched Day 4, Mafia Victory My Mafia Diary: Skyhunter, Mafia-Aligned Emo, Survived, Flawless Mafia Victory Paper Mario Mafia: Blue Goomba, Town-Aligned Lover, Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Small Town Mafia: Pigsticker Mafia-Aligned Coward, Killed Night 2, Caveman Mafia and Zipperflesh Victory Stuff on my Desk Mafia: Lotus Cobra, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Order of the Chaos Rose Mafia: Lord Dagol Ji'Lovik, Town-Aligned Hypnotist, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Camp Crystal Lake Mafia: Ongoing A Certain Magical Mafia: Killed Night 1, Town-Aligned The Siege of Balignor Mafia: Ongoing, Killed Day 4 Mafia of Ancient Egypt: Replaced in for Murica day 2, Ra, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Town Victory, Town MVP Lord of the Rings Mafia: Replaced in for Dr Demento, Town-Aligned Mason/One-Shot Self-Doc, Town Victory, Town MVP Internet Stars Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Mythos Mafia: Ongoing
Desperate Luminary
Survivor -- At the beginning of the end step, if Desperate Luminary was dealt combat damage this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on Desperate Luminary.
Remove a +1/+1 counter from Desperate Luminary: Another target creature you control gains protection from the color of your choice until end of turn.
2/3

I really, REALLY like this card. Actually, I think I like it more than all of Avacyn Restored put together.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
I really, REALLY like this card. Actually, I think I like it more than all of Avacyn Restored put together.

I expect this of all the entries. Partially because I think highly of my contestants. Partially because I hate Avacyn Restored.
Ugh, my background is so freaking dull. In that it's the same as everybodies. Working on something else. My card's just OK as well.

I expect this of all the entries. Partially because I think highly of my contestants. Partially because I hate Avacyn Restored.

[Noncontestant Note]Why must everyone hate on one of my new favorite sets?[/Noncontestant Note]

Fight the curse!

Haunted Eve, will showcase the continuous fight between good and evil, with some new weapons on each side.

To counter and break all these curses evil has been summoning, the good guys, with the help of Avacyn and friends (I'm really not good with storylines), starts to incant blessings, which, just like curses, have their own subtypes.

I'll try to be not too boring for a change.

Blessing of the Angelic Hand 
Enchantment - Aura Blessing
Enchant Player
When Blessing of the Angelic Hand enters the battlefield, you may destroy target Curse.
Fateful Hour - At the beginning of enchanted player's end step, if that player has 5 or less life, he or she gain 5 life.
"One hand to carry sword, one hand to save us all"

It also display a new aspect of Fateful Hour, the one that trigger at a certain point, that is not a continuous effect.

other effects I though about for anti-curse effects:
- When ---- enters the battlefield, you may have target player reveal his or her hand and discard each Curse.
- When ---- enters the battlefield, you may attach target Curse to another player.
- When ---- enters the battlefield, search target player's library for a curse card, exile it and all other cards with the same name. Then that player shuffles his or her library.
- When ---- enters the battlefield, you may gain control of target curse enchanting you. If you do, it becomes a creature with power and toughness each equal to its converted mana cost.  It's still an enchantment.

I kept the most obvious one for this card, for clarity.

explanations about blessing being an enchant player

I realized that Curse, being an aura that enchant players has been made so multiplayer (and commander) players have a choice to make (unless shenanigans - see. curse of the bloody tome, where it might benefits you to enchant yourself).  Cause really, these could have been simply auras with words like "you" and "opponents".

So what would be the benefit of Blessing being an aura.  The answer is simple: Same thing as Curse.  Casual play (and also shenanigans).  With the emergence of Archenemy and the continuity of 2HD, allies will often need your help and blessings are the perfect fit for it.

Also, being the anti-curse, blessing should keep the mirror effect of enchanting players.
worship the horn
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28209491/Conch_Horn
The struggle of good against evil lingers on.

Haunted Eve signifies a world thrown into utter darkness and chaos. Hopes and bravery alone were
not enough to stem the tide of  malevolence that has overtaken the land.

Dark Ascension may have introduced some new nasties, but Haunted Eve just takes
things over the top.  Graveyards have become veritable spawning grounds for legions of
undead hordes.

Demons are also joining the fray in increasing numbers, and a few of them are quite notable
in legend.  Generally spoken of in hushed whispers, the myths surrounding these beasts have
turned out to be true.  Now, they appear to be headed towards the Helvault, corrupting or
destroying everything in their path.  Their ultimate goal lies in secrecy but it assuredly cannot end well should they succeed.

Some humans have even chosen to side with the demons, fearing what would happen to them should they continue to resist and fight for the human side.  Resistance dwindles but still exists.

Is hope running out?
-------------------------------------

I didn't necessarily want to design a Mythic Rare for this, but the inspiration hit me so I'm running
with it.  Go big or go home, right? 
So without further ado...

Ulrax, Scion of Flesh  
Legendary Creature - Demon (MR)
Flying
Ulrax, Scion of Flesh gets +1/+1 for each other untapped creature you control.
When Ulrax, Scion of Flesh dies, each opponent loses life equal to its power.

"Bow, pitiful slaves, in quiet subservience.  You will serve me to and beyond death."
5/4

For the third set of a block, we usually see a mechanical update to the keywords introduced in the first two sets. For example, Judgment introduced flashback cards with off-colour and alternate costs, Future Sight had riffs of suspend and Apocalypse applied the same multicolour themes but with enemy colours. Often there can be a combination of mechanics, such as Arcbound Wanderer or Etherium Abomination. Another thing that I considered is that morbid did not return for AVR, but in Haunted Eve, which sounds as though the monsters are victorious, the mechanic would probably return. In light of these considerations, here is my interpretation of the criteria.

Maddening Agony
Sorcery - Common
Target opponent discards a card at random and loses 2 life.
Morbid - As long as a creature died this turn and CARDNAME is in your graveyard, it has flashback
The last human holdout in Gavony crumbled when they saw that Mikaeus, rotting and cursed, was at the head of the zombie horde.
Nothing really matters.
Anyone can see.

Thanks for the kind words!

I've liked it, but that may be because I've pulled 2 Temporal Mastery, 2 Griselbrand, 2 Cavern of Souls, Bonfire of the Damned, Entreat the Angels, and a Tibalt, the Fiend-Blooded from this set while only paying for a pre-release and FNM entry fees...
You Make the Card
Mafia History
I see Haunted Eve as being something of a final stand.  Innistrad and Dark Ascension have been a slow downfall of the humans versus the creatures that go bump in the night, and in Haunted Eve, they have been forced into a corner, and it's time to reclaim their broken land.  Not nearly as drastically so as Avacyn Restored, but more like a small glimmer of hope in the distance.  Also, the set wouldn't have a fairytale ending, it would be more left to the observer to guess who wins, but that the Haunted Eve is their last real chance at survival.  Go for it now, or lose everything to the shadows.

Volley The Night Sky -
Sorcery
Volley The Night Sky deals 2 damage to each creature with flying. For each creature destroyed this way, Volley The Night Sky deals 1 damage to each creature without flying.
"The demons hide in the shadows, let's give them none to dwell within!"  ~Radulf, priest of Avacyn

This represents their desperation, firing volleys from their catapults and burning arrows at the demons flying above, and the chaos of their burning corpses falling randomly all over the battlefield.  Yes, it is board clearing, and potentially something where the humans will lose everything as well, but if they don't do something drastic, they will lose it all anyways.

http://forum.nogoblinsallowed.com/index.php

When the Helvault opened, Avacyn emerged mortally wounded. With the odds heavily stacked against the extermination of humanity, she used the last of her power to do just that. She ushered the remaining pure humans physically into the Blessed Sleep, preserving them from the taint of Innistrad's horrors. Despite her demise, humanity would know peace, in the serene embrace of oblivion.

This sudden change had a profound impact on the monstrosities of Innistrad. Vampires were faced with the prospects of cannibalism or feeding on the remaining werewolves. Knowing this, many werewolves abandoned their humanity, following Tovolar's example and reverting to their human form less and less frequently. The hordes of the undead no longer had human ghoulcallers or skabben to bolster their ranks, and began to fall to decay. Those spirits who haunted the living had little purpose afterwards, simply trapped, while many of those who were bound by their will to protect found peace.

But despite the coming of the Blessed Sleep, some humans have taken to sleepwalking. These humans see Innistrad as a dream, and while they interact with it as though they were real, attempts by Innistrad's denizens to harm them show them to be naught but dreamstuff. Now these Ushered humans haunt the nights of those that once haunted them, silently taunting them and leaving them keenly aware of their own spiral towards oblivion.

Ushered Geistwarden
Creature - Human Cleric C
Ephemeral (If this creature would die and wasn’t sacrificed, return it to its owner’s hand instead.)
When Ushered Geistwarden enters the battlefield, put a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying onto the battlefield.
She calls those who cannot know the Blessed Sleep, granting them a portion of its serenity.
1/1

These ephemeral humans cannot die, instead they simply return to their Sleep. The powers of Innistrad that feed on death find no substance in the Ushered, and those that would subvert them to a cycle of ritual carnage find the sleepwalkers refuse to return to them. Instead, the darkness of Innistrad must turn on itself to meet these needs, while the dreaming vestiges of humanity watch on.
Avacyn's Herald 
Creature - Angel Horror
Flying
When Avacyn's Herald comes into play, each opponent draws three cards.
At the beginning of your upkeep, each player with no cards in their hand loses the game.
4/6

Obviously plays in a timeline where Avacyn is corrupted somehow when the Helvault breaks open.  I'll leave it to the reader's imagination to figure out how this plays out.  The card is meant to have a little versailitiy - it can be either an alternate win condition for Johnny, or just an undercosted creature with a drawback.  May seem weird to have that power/toughness on a black creature, but I wanted to keep the power from being too high so as to not negate the alternate win ability.  Was torn whether to put the word "Hellbent" on the card, but decided it didn't fit.
Changed my submission to better reflect the criteria.
Savior of Innistrad
Creature - Human Druid

When CARDNAME comes into play, exile all Angels and Spirits, then bury all cards that can transform. (Physically. In the ground.)

Sometimes the only way to save is to cull.

3/2

Am I doing it right?
Gridmaster Official Denizen of YmtC || My Lair Diraden, a set by me
Avacyn's wound took all the time spent into the Helvault to corrupt the angel's body and mind, purging her of any hope and compassion, and turning her into a mindless executor of justice. Once freed, Avacyn quickly dealt with Griselbrand, banishing him forever. To aid her, she rewarded the few who had always been faithful to her by transforming them into transcendent beings (spirits, angels, etc.). With her newfound army, she began her quest to punish the unworthy, which is everyone else, including the rest of humanity

Innistrad block revolves around balance between good vs evil. The balance has been teetering for the previous two sets, favoring evil but leaving good a faint chance. In Haunted Eve, everyone is evil, and those who were supposed to be good now are the most evil of all

Avacyn, Angel of Perfection
Legendary Creature - Angel
Flying, flash
Whenever a creature with power 2 or less attacks you, destroy it.
Fateful hour - If you have 5 or less life, whenever another creature attacks, destroy it.
Justice and hell are the only things who will survive perfection, becoming the same in Avacyn's glory
7/7
I had a dream last night that Kavu was dating my ex-girlfriend from middle school, and for some reason I was making very awkward criteria for the next YMTC round, like "Convince someone that you love them even when you don't" and Kavu and my XGF were scolding me for being such a narcissistic manipulator and forced me to change the criteria.

Not that you wanted to hear that, but... ya... round closes in two hours! 
Less pepperoni-bacon-eggplant-onion-chili-double ostrich egg-pizza

More judging
Round closed! Judges, please rank the four submissions that were least worthy, best to worst.

Submissions
Flagstones of Thraben
Land (R)

: Add to your mana pool for each creature card in your graveyard.

When the dust settled and the blood crusted over, no living thing remained on Innistrad.

Sanctuary Seeker 
Creature - Human Werewolf (U)
Protection from Non-Human creatures.
At the beginning of each upkeep, if no spells were cast last turn, transform Sanctuary Seeker.
"Dear Avacyn, they're dead... they're all dead... Kessig is gone... all we can do is hold up here and pray."
1/1
-------------------------
Preystarved Howler
(G) Creature - Werewolf
Protection from Humans and Werewolves.At the beginning of each upkeep, if a player cast two or more spells last turn, transform Preystarved Werewolf
The last of the prey had been devoured. The monsters that had once devoured humanity with eagerness were now forced to eat the flesh of their own howlpack.
4/4

With the Helvault broken, Griselbrand emerges alone, Avacyn having succumbed to the wound inflicted before they tumbled into the vault together. As the Helvault crumbled, the release of energy charges those wards and weapons of Avacyn, but the power can no longer be gathered, and this time once that power has waned - not extinction. but a lifetime as the primary food supply on Innistrad beckons.

Thraben Refugee |
Creature - Human
Undying
As long as Thraben Refugee has a +1/+1 counter on it, it is a black zombie instead of its other colors and types.
2/3

Undying's white in the last set because the monsters win. Humans survive, but only as cattle for the vamps (none of the others care enough to plan). I imagine this would be part of a cycle, where the humans become the monsters.
(This one is only a placeholder, as it's really quite similar almost the same exactly identical to the idea behind Loyal Cathar.)

Ugh, I was going to do the Vampire thing, but that's been taken by the Thing of markov, whatever that was. Damned DFC's.

I guess my card better hit the note in my little blurby bit - that human - Avacyn type stuff gets a boost from the release of magic from the Helvault, but then it all falls away. Still finishes the push of undying to white, but it does it in a more 'regenerate-y' type feel rather than the 'rising monster' feel.

Moorland Warder |
Creature - Human Cleric
Undying
Moorland Warder has protection from black unless it has a +1/+1 counter on it.
"On the day my wards fail again, I hope I'm anywhere but back in Thraben."
2/3

Show
PLACEHOLDERSORTAENTRY

Seraph of Nephalia
Creature -- Angel (R)
Flying
Whenever a Human dies, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield.
As darkness fell, nothing was sacred.
4/4

fff keep losing my flavor bits.

Innistrad was the set up.
Dark Ascension was the fall.
Haunted Eve is the ending.

Humanity is no longer the last stalwart of defense against the monsters, becoming nothing more than wild beasts themselves.  While there were loners in Dark Ascension, they are now in the majority, as the humans lost their cities and homes to the demons that were released from the Helvault.  

With the Helvault opening, Thraben was thought to turn the tide, as the angel known as Avacyn was released.  Sadly for the humans, this was not the case.  While she did sever the connection to many of the demons, inciting many prayers in her name, this celebration was short-lived, as the numbers were too much for even Avacyn to deal with, as she was struck down, crashing into the tallest cathedral.

Onlookers were shocked and amazed as their last hope fell down, but the demons took this as a silent note to start their take over.  The cities of Innistrad were demolished, leaving no human settlement safe, not even the ghoulcallers of Nephalia were safe from the onslaught.

As hours passed, humans started to become monsters of their own, ignoring the traditions bound before them.  Some murdered, some continued killing the monsters with newfound killing glee.

But, all of them reveled in the bloodthirst and glee.

They were monsters now, just as the ones they killed before them.

Avacyn, the Last Beacon
Legendary Creature -- Angel (M)
Flying, First strike, Vigilance
Morbid --  At the beginning of each end step, if a creature died this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control for each creature that died this turn.
In a moment, light shone throughout the world.
In a moment, darkness overcame everything.
6/6

While this hints at it, a big opening is white morbid.  Humans are no longer bound to being 'civil' with their civilizations wiped out, becoming much more feral and animalistic, drowning in their primal urges.  

Also, flavor text BARELY fits, but it fits D:

Based on the name Haunted Eve, I'm guessing that the final set in this top-down block is going to display a flavour shift from Gothic horror to a more lurid Halloween aesthetic. Still macabre, but less gritty and more stylized or downright surreal.

EDIT: I just had a crazy idea: one night a year, there's a weird convergence of power such that anything you dress up as *fuses into your skin* at midnight and replaces your physical form (provided your mindset is right - otherwise it might stop halfway...). It's a costume pageant of horror.

One of the few things I liked about the Innistrad block (say what you will, Wizards can't seem to design a decent top-down set) were the great, elegant card names they used. Bump in the Night, Cellar Door, Claustrophobia, Dead Weight, Dearly Departed, Evil Twin, Lost in the Woods, Make a Wish, Nevermore, Night Terrors, Rebuke, Sensory Deprivation, Stony Silence, ... Plus, they made a bunch of cards representing genre tropes, including equipment like Butcher's Cleaver, Graveyard Shovel, Sharpened Pitchfork, Silver-Inlaid Dagger, and Wooden Stake.

Witch's Broomstick 
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature has flying and gets +1/+1 for each scream counter on Witch's Broomstick.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may name a card. Whenever a creature with that name dies this turn, put a scream counter on Witch's Broomstick.
Equip
Each Haunted Eve the Nearheath coven write threats in the sky, bottling the resultant fear into besom twigs for another year's worth of propulsion.

The ability interacts wth morbid, undying, transform, sacrifice, mill and a whole bunch of other stuff in the Innistrad block. It's also a great bluffing tool (name your opponent's best creature and see if they play differently). It uses scream counters instead of +1/+1 counters because that would interfere with undying, and because Equipment are much more durable than creatures are. Also, the scream counters are a reference to the Oracle wording of All Hallow's Eve.

I'd imagine that much like New Phyrexia, this third set could focus on conflicts between monster factions, as the humans are simply a non-factor at this point. Perhaps the humans can be used as foot soldiers in a war of monsters.

Geralf's Bloodless 
Creature - Zombie (U)
Whenever a Vampire dies, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield.
2/4
Once human corpses became a rare commodity, Geralf quickly adjusted his strategy.

This card is designed to help slow Zombie decks stabilize against quick Vampire decks in limited, as well as enable cross-tribe synergy.

EDIT: I totally wasn't trying to rip off Yushang. I was probably subconsciously affected.

Got to start somewhere...

Join the Pack
 |
Tribal Enchantment - Werewolf

Whenever a creature dealt damage by a werewolf creature you control dies, put a 3/3 green werewolf creature token into the battlefield.

Bite by bite, the pack grows in numbers.

okay so let's talk words.

Haunted Eve does not imply human victory. it implies monsters winning. it also implies a dramatic twist where it turns out this whole thing was Halloween and the next day it all goes back to normal, but I'll stay away from that. so how do we make that happen without just being Scars of Mirrodin block all over again? well, there's a couple options. give the humans a last stand. make it all about going out in a blaze of glory. this could be a bunch of human-based death triggers. that's an option. the Haunted Eve being the last night of the humans before the world is consumed in darkness. or I could show Innistrad centuries later. time has passed since the Dark Ascenscion, and they remember the time before when humans were plentiful to be hunted. not sure how to play this mechanically. and Eve seems to imply a singular moment. alright, I'm going with the last stand thing.

so the obvious choice is role reversal from AVR. the humans die. the beasts rise. with each human that falls, the others rally, until they are snuffed out under the ever-growing ranks of their own former allies. but there's something missing there. if this is humanity's last stand, who remains to tell their story? maybe Haunted Eve takes place after the aforementioned eve, where the few remaining survivors have been chased underground, hiding beneath the chapels that once kept them safe from the ghouls now roaming free above them. ugh but now I'm going back to being Scars block all over again. I think I need to focus on that one last stand. but how can I make things make sense? how can this be the one day the monsters finally rise to take over civilization?

the answer is the Helvault. even as Avacyn remained trapped, the monsters feared the vault. but on the Day of Spirits, the Helvault collapsed. it didn't open, it fell. crumbled. left nothing behind. and on that day, the monsters knew they had nothing left to fear. that last remnant of Avacyn's hold vanished. she was never coming back. the angels had gone. the humans gathered in Thraben, behind its hallowed walls, prepared to make one final stand against the monsters, their backs against the wall, with no allies, no stocks, and no hope.

in Haunted Eve, mechanically, we expand on the monsters' mechanics. but, more importantly, we see them working together. the vampires lead zombie hordes, while the werewolves crash against the gates in a blind fury. the spirits scout out weaknesses in the humans' defenses. and in that vein:

Stromkirk Deathcrafter-
Creature-Vampire
Flying
Whenever Stromkirk Deathcrafter deals combat damage to a player, put a +1/+1 counter on it and put a 2/2 black zombie creature token onto the battlefield tapped. 
"They're ugly beasts driven only by hunger, but one cannot deny the use of an infinite sea of flesh."
3/3 

not married to this yet, but it's a start.

In Haunted Eve, I imagine the humans on the verge of disaster.  Many of the major cities are a wreck and there are a lucky few surviving humans that haven't simply given in to the hordes of monsters and/or demons.  I'm going to focus on the human survival aspect for my card with a mechanic called Survival, which cares about surviving through combat and gaining strength from it.

Desperate Luminary 
Survivor -- At the beginning of the end step, if Desperate Luminary was dealt combat damage this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on Desperate Luminary.
2/3

This is a "head of the household" type of guy, one who seeks to keep his family safe above all else.  Even when he makes it through fighting off zombies and whatever else comes his way, he's there to save his family in an instant.

Fight the curse!

Haunted Eve, will showcase the continuous fight between good and evil, with some new weapons on each side.

To counter and break all these curses evil has been summoning, the good guys, with the help of Avacyn and friends (I'm really not good with storylines), starts to incant blessings, which, just like curses, have their own subtypes.

I'll try to be not too boring for a change.

Blessing of the Angelic Hand  
Enchantment - Aura Blessing
Enchant Player
When Blessing of the Angelic Hand enters the battlefield, you may destroy target Curse.
Fateful Hour - At the beginning of enchanted player's end step, if that player has 5 or less life, he or she gain 5 life.
"One hand to carry sword, one hand to save us all"

It also display a new aspect of Fateful Hour, the one that trigger at a certain point, that is not a continuous effect.

other effects I though about for anti-curse effects:
- When ---- enters the battlefield, you may have target player reveal his or her hand and discard each Curse.
- When ---- enters the battlefield, you may attach target Curse to another player.
- When ---- enters the battlefield, search target player's library for a curse card, exile it and all other cards with the same name. Then that player shuffles his or her library. 
- When ---- enters the battlefield, you may gain control of target curse enchanting you. If you do, it becomes a creature with power and toughness each equal to its converted mana cost.  It's still an enchantment.

I kept the most obvious one for this card, for clarity.

explanations about blessing being an enchant player

I realized that Curse, being an aura that enchant players has been made so multiplayer (and commander) players have a choice to make (unless shenanigans - see. curse of the bloody tome, where it might benefits you to enchant yourself).  Cause really, these could have been simply auras with words like "you" and "opponents". 

So what would be the benefit of Blessing being an aura.  The answer is simple: Same thing as Curse.  Casual play (and also shenanigans).  With the emergence of Archenemy and the continuity of 2HD, allies will often need your help and blessings are the perfect fit for it.

Also, being the anti-curse, blessing should keep the mirror effect of enchanting players.

The struggle of good against evil lingers on.

Haunted Eve signifies a world thrown into utter darkness and chaos. Hopes and bravery alone were
not enough to stem the tide of  malevolence that has overtaken the land.

Dark Ascension may have introduced some new nasties, but Haunted Eve just takes
things over the top.  Graveyards have become veritable spawning grounds for legions of
undead hordes.

Demons are also joining the fray in increasing numbers, and a few of them are quite notable
in legend.  Generally spoken of in hushed whispers, the myths surrounding these beasts have
turned out to be true.  Now, they appear to be headed towards the Helvault, corrupting or
destroying everything in their path.  Their ultimate goal lies in secrecy but it assuredly cannot end well should they succeed.

Some humans have even chosen to side with the demons, fearing what would happen to them should they continue to resist and fight for the human side.  Resistance dwindles but still exists.

Is hope running out?
-------------------------------------

I didn't necessarily want to design a Mythic Rare for this, but the inspiration hit me so I'm running
with it.  Go big or go home, right? 
So without further ado...

Ulrax, Scion of Flesh  
Legendary Creature - Demon (MR)
Flying
Ulrax, Scion of Flesh gets +1/+1 for each other untapped creature you control.
When Ulrax, Scion of Flesh dies, each opponent loses life equal to its power.

"Bow, pitiful slaves, in quiet subservience.  You will serve me to and beyond death."
5/4

For the third set of a block, we usually see a mechanical update to the keywords introduced in the first two sets. For example, Judgment introduced flashback cards with off-colour and alternate costs, Future Sight had riffs of suspend and Apocalypse applied the same multicolour themes but with enemy colours. Often there can be a combination of mechanics, such as Arcbound Wanderer or Etherium Abomination. Another thing that I considered is that morbid did not return for AVR, but in Haunted Eve, which sounds as though the monsters are victorious, the mechanic would probably return. In light of these considerations, here is my interpretation of the criteria.

Maddening Agony 
Sorcery - Common
Target opponent discards a card at random and loses 2 life.
Morbid - As long as a creature died this turn and CARDNAME is in your graveyard, it has flashback
The last human holdout in Gavony crumbled when they saw that Mikaeus, rotting and cursed, was at the head of the zombie horde.

I see Haunted Eve as being something of a final stand.  Innistrad and Dark Ascension have been a slow downfall of the humans versus the creatures that go bump in the night, and in Haunted Eve, they have been forced into a corner, and it's time to reclaim their broken land.  Not nearly as drastically so as Avacyn Restored, but more like a small glimmer of hope in the distance.  Also, the set wouldn't have a fairytale ending, it would be more left to the observer to guess who wins, but that the Haunted Eve is their last real chance at survival.  Go for it now, or lose everything to the shadows.

Volley The Night Sky -
Sorcery
Volley The Night Sky deals 2 damage to each creature with flying. For each creature destroyed this way, Volley The Night Sky deals 1 damage to each creature without flying.
"The demons hide in the shadows, let's give them none to dwell within!"  ~Radulf, priest of Avacyn

This represents their desperation, firing volleys from their catapults and burning arrows at the demons flying above, and the chaos of their burning corpses falling randomly all over the battlefield.  Yes, it is board clearing, and potentially something where the humans will lose everything as well, but if they don't do something drastic, they will lose it all anyways.

When the Helvault opened, Avacyn emerged mortally wounded. With the odds heavily stacked against the extermination of humanity, she used the last of her power to do just that. She ushered the remaining pure humans physically into the Blessed Sleep, preserving them from the taint of Innistrad's horrors. Despite her demise, humanity would know peace, in the serene embrace of oblivion.

This sudden change had a profound impact on the monstrosities of Innistrad. Vampires were faced with the prospects of cannibalism or feeding on the remaining werewolves. Knowing this, many werewolves abandoned their humanity, following Tovolar's example and reverting to their human form less and less frequently. The hordes of the undead no longer had human ghoulcallers or skabben to bolster their ranks, and began to fall to decay. Those spirits who haunted the living had little purpose afterwards, simply trapped, while many of those who were bound by their will to protect found peace.

But despite the coming of the Blessed Sleep, some humans have taken to sleepwalking. These humans see Innistrad as a dream, and while they interact with it as though they were real, attempts by Innistrad's denizens to harm them show them to be naught but dreamstuff. Now these Ushered humans haunt the nights of those that once haunted them, silently taunting them and leaving them keenly aware of their own spiral towards oblivion.

Ushered Geistwarden
Creature - Human Cleric C
Ephemeral (If this creature would die and wasn’t sacrificed, return it to its owner’s hand instead.)
When Ushered Geistwarden enters the battlefield, put a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying onto the battlefield.
She calls those who cannot know the Blessed Sleep, granting them a portion of its serenity.
1/1

These ephemeral humans cannot die, instead they simply return to their Sleep. The powers of Innistrad that feed on death find no substance in the Ushered, and those that would subvert them to a cycle of ritual carnage find the sleepwalkers refuse to return to them. Instead, the darkness of Innistrad must turn on itself to meet these needs, while the dreaming vestiges of humanity watch on.

Avacyn's Herald 
Creature - Angel Horror
Flying
When Avacyn's Herald comes into play, each opponent draws three cards.
At the beginning of your upkeep, each player with no cards in their hand loses the game.
4/6

Obviously plays in a timeline where Avacyn is corrupted somehow when the Helvault breaks open.  I'll leave it to the reader's imagination to figure out how this plays out.  The card is meant to have a little versailitiy - it can be either an alternate win condition for Johnny, or just an undercosted creature with a drawback.  May seem weird to have that power/toughness on a black creature, but I wanted to keep the power from being too high so as to not negate the alternate win ability.  Was torn whether to put the word "Hellbent" on the card, but decided it didn't fit.

Avacyn's wound took all the time spent into the Helvault to corrupt the angel's body and mind, purging her of any hope and compassion, and turning her into a mindless executor of justice. Once freed, Avacyn quickly dealt with Griselbrand, banishing him forever. To aid her, she rewarded the few who had always been faithful to her by transforming them into transcendent beings (spirits, angels, etc.). With her newfound army, she began her quest to punish the unworthy, which is everyone else, including the rest of humanity

Innistrad block revolves around balance between good vs evil. The balance has been teetering for the previous two sets, favoring evil but leaving good a faint chance. In Haunted Eve, everyone is evil, and those who were supposed to be good now are the most evil of all

Avacyn, Angel of Perfection
Legendary Creature - Angel
Flying, flash
Whenever a creature with power 2 or less attacks you, destroy it.
Fateful hour - If you have 5 or less life, whenever another creature attacks, destroy it.
Justice and hell are the only things who will survive perfection, becoming the same in Avacyn's glory
7/7

I had a dream last night that Kavu was dating my ex-girlfriend from middle school, and for some reason I was making very awkward criteria for the next YMTC round, like "Convince someone that you love them even when you don't" and Kavu and my XGF were scolding me for being such a narcissistic manipulator and forced me to change the criteria.

You need to spend less time dreaming about fantasy fantasy card design and more time actually doing it...or something.
You Make the Card
Mafia History

Oh come now, that's ridiculous.

...I wouldn't actually force you to change it.
Gridmaster Official Denizen of YmtC || My Lair Diraden, a set by me
So, yeah... how's it going, judges?

http://forum.nogoblinsallowed.com/index.php

Just noticed that I appear to hage left sblocks out of my post - I'm pretty sure it's clear, but my entry this round is the Warder, not the Refugee.
*removes a time counter*
My bottom 4
Will be announced after the other two judges, as usual.
My bottom 4

My bottom 4

Mother$@*@&!

.....  <3
Sign In to post comments