Duels 2013 Buglist - Please post your bugs here!

1479 posts / 0 new
Last post
Maybe it's because how they behave differently as one is static while the other is activated. As you can activate cycling at instant speed, it's a little different than asking for a prompt when you cast a spell with kicker. Normally when you cycle Gempalm Incinerator, it'll be at instant, a time when you normally can't cast the creature.

I suppose the game could be programmed to know the difference, but I've adjusted to how it's implemented already.
Maybe it's because how they behave differently as one is static while the other is activated. As you can activate cycling at instant speed, it's a little different than asking for a prompt when you cast a spell with kicker. Normally when you cycle Gempalm Incinerator, it'll be at instant, a time when you normally can't cast the creature.

I suppose the game could be programmed to know the difference, but I've adjusted to how it's implemented already.

But they give you the dialog on the kicker even if you can only select the non-kick option.  So why not the dialog at instant speed with only the Cycle option at that time?

Perhaps it was just easier this way? Cycling was implemented the same way every other activated ability has been implemented so far (finding the card and activating it on that card) so it makes sense to continue the trend.
when player dies, "after creature death" effects arent playing.
for example in the Chandra's deck, my magma phoenix died and it did no damage afterwards since i got removed from the game.
its important in 3players FFA 
Perhaps it was just easier this way? Cycling was implemented the same way every other activated ability has been implemented so far (finding the card and activating it on that card) so it makes sense to continue the trend.

See, I don't think it's the same.  To activate any other ability in the game, I put the cursor on the card and press X to zoom the card so I can then click on the ability I want to activate.  To activate cycling, I can't hit X it would cast the card, so I have to activate it differently by clicking R2 to zoom the card manually.
Given the gut reaction of "click X to use the card in hand" shouldn't cycling have an interruption for *how* you want to choose to use it?
from a Planeschase game, seems Curiosity did get coded correctly.  Enchanted an oppoent's creature, they attacked a third player, I drew the card and they did not.
so not a bug, it got coded like Amradillo Cloak, and not like Snake Umbra.  so that's off the 2012 watch list.

another item on the 2012 watch list, there is a Bloodthirst creature after all.  So the old bug about enters play triggering on the owner and not the caster can be tested with Rise From the Grave on a Skarrgan Firebird.  That's the exact sitation that caused such trouble with things like Vampire Outcasts in 2012.  Might want to update the bullet.

I think the list is missing a confirmed bug.  Wheel and Deal does not let you target no opponents.  It's even mentioned on the Gatherer page that it should be able to.

See, I don't think it's the same.  To activate any other ability in the game, I put the cursor on the card and press X to zoom the card so I can then click on the ability I want to activate.  To activate cycling, I can't hit X it would cast the card, so I have to activate it differently by clicking R2 to zoom the card manually.
Given the gut reaction of "click X to use the card in hand" shouldn't cycling have an interruption for *how* you want to choose to use it?

Sure, for already in play cards, using the action button zooms in automatically for cards with activated abilities. The same process to actually activate it is the same though, zooming in and actually activating it off the card. It is the same thing for the card with cycling, but you can't press the action button normally as that's already assigned to casting cards. From the design standpoint, that was more work when the option already exists to zoom in on a card and activate the ability. It's not quite like kicker because that's a prompt when cast and the behind the scenes could be different (creature not cast as instant, but cycling can be activated as instant).

Was it a bad idea for them to take a shortcut like that? I don't know, maybe as it seems to confuse people, but I find this extremely easy to adjust to when you know it exists the way it does.

At Reani:
I believe all objects a player controls gets exiled when they lose the game in a multiplayer match.

I believe this is the relevant rule to your problem.
800.4a When a player leaves the game, all objects (see rule 109) owned by that player leave the game, any effects which give that player control of any objects or players end, and all spells and abilities controlled by that player on the stack cease to exist. Then, if there are any objects still controlled by that player, those objects are exiled. This is not a state-based action. It happens as soon as the player leaves the game. If the player who left the game had priority at the time he or she left, priority passes to the next player in turn order who's still in the game.
I got the Praetor Slayer achievement after only solving Say Your Praetors two ways.

Edit: And it even shows all five mana symbols as cracked. I only did the versions killing Vorinclex and Jin-Gitaxias.
blah blah metal lyrics
sry if its been posted but

playing with yeva's deck and have a wild pair out and play wolfbriar elemental which is a 4/4 and when wild pair activated i could play a creature that was 5/3. i forget the name but when it comes in u gain life and when it leaves you get a token. so that shouldnt be right i dont think 
sry if its been posted but

playing with yeva's deck and have a wild pair out and play wolfbriar elemental which is a 4/4 and when wild pair activated i could play a creature that was 5/3. i forget the name but when it comes in u gain life and when it leaves you get a token. so that shouldnt be right i dont think 

This is correct, Wild Pair asks you to tutor for a creature equal to the total power and toughness. You add them together, not use the separate P/T stats.

So for clarification, Wolfbriar Elemental has total power and toughness of 8 (4+4) and Thragtusk also have total P/T of 8 (5+3).
Sorry if this was already posted...

I have the iPad version of Magic 2013 and there are two bugs concerning the turn order/flow:

1. When there is no mana or card left to play, the app automatically switches from the first main phase to the attack phase. Unfortunately this is also done when you use up your last mana to cast a spell which gets you one land on the hand (and you haven't played a land so far). The result is that you cannot play this land (and possibly another spell) before combat starts.

2. After attackers are declared there are two combat phases: Before blocking and after blocking. There are many occasions you want to play an instant spell in a particular combat phase. However, if the computer opponent is not going to block there is no differentiation between the 'before blocking' and the 'after blocking' phase.

Other than that, I have to say that the application is very well exectued on the iPad with a very clean UI.
Updated with new reports, thank you! Please let me know if I've made any mistakes.

With regard to the FFA question about Magma Phoenix, if you control the Phoenix and you lose the game, it's correct there is no trigger as Brodo explains. Is that the situation? Or was the Phoenix still on the battlefield after you had left the game and then died? (For example if it was put onto the battlefield by another player's Telemin Performance.) In that case, it should have triggered.
I am a Rules advisor. Feel free to send me any questions as a private message! Check if you have found a bug in Duels 2013 Report a bug Report a technical issue I have written several guides to help new DoTP players here, move to the first post to start reading. They are also in Wordpress format here. The principles involved should still be useful for Duels 2013!
Useful links:
Find other DoTP players - a database of friendly players, find a match or post your name here to be added to the list! I'll add a D13 section if anyone would like. Ask a rules question - ask anything about DoTP, Magic in general, or to check out if you've found a bug by asking if the rules are being followed. Community thread for general chatter in the DoTP part of the forum! Guide to Yugioh on Xbox live: A beginner's guide focusing on the similarities and differences to Magic.

I have the iPad version of Magic 2013 and there are two bugs concerning the turn order/flow:

1. When there is no mana or card left to play, the app automatically switches from the first main phase to the attack phase. Unfortunately this is also done when you use up your last mana to cast a spell which gets you one land on the hand (and you haven't played a land so far). The result is that you cannot play this land (and possibly another spell) before combat starts.

2. After attackers are declared there are two combat phases: Before blocking and after blocking. There are many occasions you want to play an instant spell in a particular combat phase. However, if the computer opponent is not going to block there is no differentiation between the 'before blocking' and the 'after blocking' phase.

Other than that, I have to say that the application is very well exectued on the iPad with a very clean UI.

Hi Beezle, welcome

For point 1, have you turned on "hold priority" in your options? This may sort out the problem, making the game wait for you in your main phase even if you have nothing you can do. If this still doesn't sort it out, please let me know!

For point 2, are you saying that attacker(s) are chosen, then the AI declines to block and then gives you no timer in which to play instants/abilities before the damage gets dealt? If so that is a problem.

I am a Rules advisor. Feel free to send me any questions as a private message! Check if you have found a bug in Duels 2013 Report a bug Report a technical issue I have written several guides to help new DoTP players here, move to the first post to start reading. They are also in Wordpress format here. The principles involved should still be useful for Duels 2013!
Useful links:
Find other DoTP players - a database of friendly players, find a match or post your name here to be added to the list! I'll add a D13 section if anyone would like. Ask a rules question - ask anything about DoTP, Magic in general, or to check out if you've found a bug by asking if the rules are being followed. Community thread for general chatter in the DoTP part of the forum! Guide to Yugioh on Xbox live: A beginner's guide focusing on the similarities and differences to Magic.

Hi Beezle, welcome

For point 1, have you turned on "hold priority" in your options? This may sort out the problem, making the game wait for you in your main phase even if you have nothing you can do. If this still doesn't sort it out, please let me know!

For point 2, are you saying that attacker(s) are chosen, then the AI declines to block and then gives you no timer in which to play instants/abilities before the damage gets dealt? If so that is a problem.

Hi, regarding your questions:

For point 1: I really prefer to play without the 'hold priority' option (so, using this option would be a workaround, but a bad one). I really think you can fix the problem: The program normally shows the 'continue' arrow if you can cast something in the main phase and it automatically moves on to the attack phase if you can't. I guess the check for 'can the player cast something?' comes too early, because in the scenario I depicted I CAN continue casting something due to the effect of the last spell played. The program however seems to check the status before the effect of the spell played and automatically moves on. The fix would be to check for the status 'can the player cast something?' after the last spell effect was executed.
It may also be possible that the check doesn't take into account that there are spells which get you new lands into your hand and therefore fails.

For point 2: After the attackers are choosen there is a timer, but I cannot tell if the AI has already decided to block or not (this means I cannot tell if I'm in the 'before block' sub-phase or in the 'after block' sub-phase when I now cast an instant). If the AI decides to not block, the timer vanishes and damage is dealt (this is the problem, I cannot react here). If the AI decides to block, the blockers are displayed and a second timer starts (this is OK).
The fix would be to show the player that the AI doesn't block and start a second timer int he first case.

I hope my points are a little bit more clear now.
"Chastise" heal effect does not trigger "Ajuni's Primate" gaining a +1 stack, despite the player gaining life.

Was mildly annoying... 
At Reani:
I believe all objects a player controls gets exiled when they lose the game in a multiplayer match.

I believe this is the relevant rule to your problem.
800.4a When a player leaves the game, all objects (see rule 109) owned by that player leave the game, any effects which give that player control of any objects or players end, and all spells and abilities controlled by that player on the stack cease to exist. Then, if there are any objects still controlled by that player, those objects are exiled. This is not a state-based action. It happens as soon as the player leaves the game. If the player who left the game had priority at the time he or she left, priority passes to the next player in turn order who's still in the game.

Actually, the important part is the end of the first sentence.  "all spells and abilities controlled by that player on the stack cease to exist."
So if the Phoenix died during that same attack it would indeed trigger the 3 damage, but the 3 damage effect would get removed immediately.
Which is the same result, but a different reasoning than the phoenix itself being exiled and not triggering at all.  Just if that matches the initial situation.
Beezle: I agree, the way it works out whether you can/can't do something is not very good. Never has been. All I can say is that you should still be able to halt the timer with the pause button, the game shouldn't instantly skip past the timer no matter what. I've always hated the timer systems anyway, but they're not likely to go away If they're still sticking with it now, they must think it's good. I totally agree it should be improved, but this is more of a feature request. I highly recommend hold priority especially for online play for strategic reasons- to stop the game giving away that you can't do anything to your opponent even if you have lots of land available.

With regard to blocking, if the timer is going round in the blocking phase, that means blockers have been declared already. There is no timer in attackers/blockers phase before attackers/blockers are chosen as no one can do anything. If you see it going round in the blockers phase, then nothing has been blocked! Nothing actually happens "before blocking", since this is the first thing that happens in the blockers phase (and the blockers step in paper Magic). Hope that helps!
Useful links:
"Chastise" heal effect does not trigger "Ajuni's Primate" gaining a +1 stack, despite the player gaining life.

Was mildly annoying... 

What was the atacking creature that got removed by chastise?
Every now and again, when activated, Cephalid Broker (from the Jace deck) will have th target player draw twice (for a total of 4 cards) and will only have to discard 2 total. It always seemed like the opponent was trying to target it in response to something (or with Icy Manipulator, which may identify the bug immediately).

This was observed in 2HG

Also, Yeva should be a 4/4, Firewing Phoenix should be a 4/2, and Serra Ascendant should have been errata'd to be "10 higher than your life total" for 2HG like it is in real-life tournament play. w2g Stainless for proving that you don't test your games.
. . .

Here's a real bug tho, I played Yeva in the main campaign, and she managed to summon a Wolf Briar Elemental, not only without tapping any land for mana, but she also managed to have that mana free Elemental poop out a whopping 100 2/2 wolfs at no cost! Imagine my surprise! Below you can see it for yourself in the pictures. You can see it's her turn, the elemental has just been cast, no mana has been tapped at all and there are 100 wolves in the field.

That's not a bug...that's a hilarious feature.

Bug summary: Rise from the Grave bug preventing desired targetting. Seen once with Yeva's Forcemage. 

I was Black vs Green. AI had 6 life but could trample to win next turn. I had two 2/2 flyers. I cast Rise from the Grave. AI graveyard contained Thornweald Archer, Yeva's Forcemage, Wolfbriar Elemental, Wood elves and Giant Growth. On clicking Yeva I was prompted to "select a target to receive two -1/-1 tokens". To my memory, only the forcemage, archer and elves were selectable. I was not able to get the forcemage onto my battlefield. I lost the game

The only bug I've come accross so far is that my max life total in the player status screen somehow got stuck at 20. I had it higher before, but I think it was after I did a 4 player online planechase game and ended up with a lot of health that it reverted back to 20 and stayed there ever since.
There is a Planechase card that reverses the turn order (not sure of the name). When this was in effect, I cast Time Warp. I finished that turn and had my second one. After that it should have gone counter clockwise, but it went back clockwise to the guy on my left. Then after his turn I got to go again. So the guy on my left got an extra turn and I got 2 extra. Laughing
Translation error:

German PS3 version of the Talrand card which gives +1/+1 to flying only reads "Fliegende Kreaturen" - translation: "Flying creatures"

The whole part about +1/+1 is missing.

There's a Plane which lets you destroy a creature if you roll the dice correctly. The card text says you destroy a land (when it's obviously a non land). Again, German version, probably a translation mistake.

• The platform-- Ipad

• Reproduction steps with as much detail as possible on what happened leading up to the bug.

• I was playing AI Pack of Instinct. He played 8 Horrifying Revelation.

he was cheating, but I won anyway. cheaters never win. lol

Serra Ascendant should have been errata'd to be "10 higher than your life total" for 2HG like it is in real-life tournament play.

No errata like that exists.
I had something similar happen with the Praetor Slayer achievement. Beat the first four then for the fifth praetor (green one), killed him but screwed up the challenge resulting in a loss. The achievement was then unlocked anyway.
I have not read the whole list of errors but here is one I encountered.  While playing 2013 on Xbox 360 my partner played Silent Arbiter.  Only one creature may attack and block.  One of the opponents managed to get 5 creatures to attack on a later turn and the game stopped working.
Similar to the above, there seems to be a way to remove your blocker when Taunting Elf attacks.

It can be seen in this WMG video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJtQx081C3c&nbsp...
Sorry, got a new one, and it just happened.
ps3
2pffa
Opponent  Jace. Nothing he plays can create the fact that with 5 open mana and a Ruby Medallion I could not retrive my Magma Phoenix from my graveyard even though it was highlighted for me to play the ability.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

I am playing Planewalkers 2013 on PC from Steam.

Found a bug with Ruby Medallion not working with Flamebreak.  It would not give me the 1 less to cast, I had to pay 3 mountains to cast it. Ruby Medallion was working fine with the other cards.

Found a bug with Cone of Flame. I tried to use it to damage the player in al three options for 6 damage but the 3rd time when having to allocate 3 damage to Creature or Player the Player option was grayed out, could not select it. Also when I cast it it asked me which player I wanted to assign the damage too. This was supposed to be automatic from the Simplified Targeting option in my settings, I should not be able to target myself.

Hope it helps.

I am playing Planewalkers 2013 on PC from Steam.

Found a bug with Ruby Medallion not working with Flamebreak.  It would not give me the 1 less to cast, I had to pay 3 mountains to cast it. Ruby Medallion was working fine with the other cards.

Found a bug with Cone of Flame. I tried to use it to damage the player in al three options for 6 damage but the 3rd time when having to allocate 3 damage to Creature or Player the Player option was grayed out, could not select it. Also when I cast it it asked me which player I wanted to assign the damage too. This was supposed to be automatic from the Simplified Targeting option in my settings, I should not be able to target myself.

Hope it helps.

Neither of these are bugs. Ruby Medallion only reduces red spells by colorless. Flamebreak costs three red (:R: ) mana. It will not be reduced.

Cone of Flame needs 3 different targets to be cast as you cannot choose the same one more than once.
Wow... yesterday this thread had like three pages, lol.

Whatever The Market Will Bear 2015 brought to you by Wizards of the Coast.

Me and my friend were playing online against two AI last night. At two different points, an enemy's creatures attack their owner, one of the times this resulted in that enemy being taken out of the game. Numerous times we couldn't change who we were attacking without cancelling the attack and choosing to attack again.

Jace had a card that allowed him to make an enemy discard two cards whenever he (Jace) drew a card. He seemed to do this when it wasn't even his turn, for example: It's Jace's turn, he makes me discard two cards. Then it's my turn, I do whatever. Jace makes my friend discard two cards. It's my friend's turn. Other enemy's turn. Jace's turn, makes someone discard two cards.
If anyone could PM me the source of the various avatars and achievement pics in DotP13, it'd be much appreciated
I had Fire Servant and Hostility on the board and hit the opponent to the face with a Searing Spear and only got 3 elemental creatures instead of 6. Cry
sorry to insist but, do we have a confirmation that bugs are gonna be fixed??? in THIS game, not duels14???

I cant believe the firewing phoenix issue, it's just toughness. Yell 
I had Fire Servant and Hostility on the board and hit the opponent to the face with a Searing Spear and only got 3 elemental creatures instead of 6. Cry

That sounds as if its working as intended.Fire servant doubles the damage, but it doesn't double the spell's damage prior to it hitting the face (but rather WHEN it hits the face). Now that the 3 damage was prevented, you get 3 tokens.

That sounds as if its working as intended.Fire servant doubles the damage, but it doesn't double the spell's damage prior to it hitting the face (but rather WHEN it hits the face). Now that the 3 damage was prevented, you get 3 tokens.

Hmm you may be right because of the wording of Fire Servant's text. If that is the way it works though, it's pretty dumb. Either way, I retract my bug report because I think yo uare probably right.
System: Steam
Mode: Campaign /  Planechase

Norn's Dominion

Bug: You can't put fate counters on LANDS.

A minor and not noteworthy bug, for sure, but annoying for a noob like me, who didn't see the "may" clause on the card.
System: Steam
Mode: Campaign /  Planechase

Norn's Dominion

Bug: You can't put fate counters on LANDS.

A minor and not noteworthy bug, for sure, but annoying for a noob like me, who didn't see the "may" clause on the card.

I'm guessing you only want to because you have no other place to put it and don't want to target an opponent's permanent.  (since lands are immune to the destruction already.)

In which case, you should be able to cancel out of the selection and not place one at all because it says "may".  A number of target selections work that way and they don't make it very clear in the UI.