Duels 2013 Buglist - Please post your bugs here!

1479 posts / 0 new
Last post
We're back on this problem again - opponent casting Wheel and Deal doesn't tell me whether or not I've been targeted.

This is a problem.  I got hit with this spell and immedatly dumped all the instants out of my hand thinking I was getting 7 new cards...then didn't draw any.  Is there a way to tell if you have been targeted or not?

Usually when a player is being targeted by a spell, you'll see a white, lightish, line going from the spell to the player, before the spell resolves. At least, that's what happens for other spells that target players (such as burn spells). Not sure if Wheel and Deal is any different, or why it would be different.

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

Bugs i've discovered:
-Chandra's outrage does not cause chandra's phoenix to return to your hand from the graveyard.
  -The game still has some forced "may abilities", such as one planar card for instance declares that after a certain condition is met you "may" exchange control of target creature you control and don't crontrol. I selected my targets and they were exchanged without my permission.
Bugs i've discovered:
-Chandra's outrage does not cause chandra's phoenix to return to your hand from the graveyard.

Can you replicate this? I've been using Chandra's deck all day and that card combo has worked exactly right for me multiple times.
Fog Bank seems to incorrectly prevent "fight" damage from Prey Upon.

I don't remember what creature I selected as my own, but I know for sure that I used Prey Upon to kill 2 Fog Banks while I was playing last night.

I realized halfway through posting that that he'd just activated Ring of Evos Isle in response. I thought I'd cancelled posting it, but apparently not.

Anyway, actual bug: when there are 61 cards in a deck, adding another one puts the total to 63 rather than 62. Adding additional cards makes it go to 64, 65, and so forth. Removing a card when it's at "63" puts it back to 61 as it should. Fairly harmless all told, but it confused me quite a bit before I figured out what was going on.
blah blah metal lyrics
Bugs i've discovered:
  -The game still has some forced "may abilities", such as one planar card for instance declares that after a certain condition is met you "may" exchange control of target creature you control and don't crontrol. I selected my targets and they were exchanged without my permission.

That isn't a bug. I was playing planechase today and ran into that plane. If you press Y (not sure if you're on xbox), it'll say finish. If you didn't select creatures to be exchanged, then no exchange will happen. The may effect is still a may effect.

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

Anyway, actual bug: when there are 61 cards in a deck, adding another one puts the total to 63 rather than 62. Adding additional cards makes it go to 64, 65, and so forth. Removing a card when it's at "63" puts it back to 61 as it should. Fairly harmless all told, but it confused me quite a bit before I figured out what was going on.

The game automatically adds a land every second card you add to the deck beyond 60.

Not a bug, that happened in 2012 too. The game is just adding more lands to your deck as you're adding more cards. Gotta keep the land ratio in tact if you want to run a 100 card deck, ya know? And likewise, removing cards from 63 will also lower the land count.

I am Blue/White

PC/Steam - Crosswinds deck - Repeating issue

I am having a severe problem with the ostensibly 'random' shuffling of my deck. Despite playing multiple games, redrawing my hand until I held only one card and restarting the software a number of times; I've yet to draw any of around 15 cards from my deck...ever. The following cards simply refuse to appear in the game:

Curiosity, Favourable Winds, Fog Bank, Cancel, Rite of Replication, Talrand's Invocation and Sky Sphinx 

This can't be right, has anyone else encountered this in Crosswinds or other decks?

EDIT:

Played a bit longer and it looks like winning my second card woke the game up and it started seeding all my cards into the deck again. Noticed that this bug also applied to my opponent's draws too, though.
On the PC version, 4-player FFA, we encountered 2 major bugs:

The first was a disappearance of my HUD which rendered me unable to perform any actions. It seems to occur randomly when a card is zoomed in (which correctly causes the HUD to disappear), but the HUD does not reappear once the card is zoomed out. I found that this can be fixed in-game by rotating my perspective to other players, and then back to my own (default numpad 4 or 6). This happened to me a total of 3 times, but didn't seem to affect any other players.

The second glitch is very strange - I've begun to refer to it as the Mind Control Glitch - occasionally when declaring attackers, selecting a different player to attack, instead of shifting the target of the attacking creature, causes one of the target player's cards to target himself. Twice it occured even though the bugged creature was tapped, and once it even happened to my non-creature artifact. The creatures dealt damage to their owners too, although my artifact did not damage me (assuming because if it were considered an attacker it would be a 0/0) For example: During my attacking phase, I have an untapped Pyre Charger. Player 1 has a tapped Brindle Boars. I declare Pyre Charger to attack.  Pyre Charger auto-targets Player 2, so I correct him by clicking the portrait of Player 1. Instead of Pyre Charger switching targets, Player 1's tapped Brindle Boars suddenly target Player 1. Additionally, Pyre Charger's target does not change from Player 2. Undeclaring and then redeclaring Pyre Charger will allow him to choose the desired target. The Brindle Boars cannot be undeclared. Once I order the attack to commence, Player 1 takes damage from both Pyre Charger and Brindle Boars. This glitch also happened a total of 3 times.

It's pretty difficult to properly explain the second glitch, but luckily I was recording the whole game and I have video evidence. www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnOyRPzSZEQ&feat...

The bugs happen at the following points in the video:
6:00 - HUD Freeze
7:45 - Mind Control
18:35 - HUD Freeze
20:05 - Mind Control
26:45 - Mind Control
28:55 - HUD Freeze
29:30 - I describe exactly what is happening and what actions I'm taking every time the Mind Control Glitch occurs.

I highly doubt any of this is hardware related, but just in case here are my system specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965
GTX 560ti
16gb Corsair Vengeance RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Bugs i've discovered:

That isn't a bug. I was playing planechase today and ran into that plane. If you press Y (not sure if you're on xbox), it'll say finish. If you didn't select creatures to be exchanged, then no exchange will happen. The may effect is still a may effect.

Ok thank you, didn't know about the Y thing until today.
Bugs i've discovered:

Can you replicate this? I've been using Chandra's deck all day and that card combo has worked exactly right for me multiple times.

I'll see if i can, I'm on the xbox version so im not sure if that would have something to do with it, but it didn't work the first and only time so far that i've tried it.
I'll see if i can, I'm on the xbox version so im not sure if that would have something to do with it, but it didn't work the first and only time so far that i've tried it.

Was something preventing the damage?

Was something preventing the damage?

not that i'm aware of, i remember the creature dying, not sure about the player taking damage but i don't think there was a prevention effect going on or not, i'll see if i can replicate the issue 
Two words. Ruby. Medallion. 

This thread is hilarious. 
I've noticed a few cards seem to be able to be summonsed when they shouldn't be - might be my understanding but for example: Dragon Hatchling requires 1 fire mana and 1 any mana. I've been able to summon this with just one fire mana (and see the aiitem on it). I think something like The Lore (green mana) has the same issue. 

yeah was there a ruby medalion out on your side of the battlefield?
On the PC version, 4-player FFA, we encountered 2 major bugs:

The first was a disappearance of my HUD which rendered me unable to perform any actions. It seems to occur randomly when a card is zoomed in (which correctly causes the HUD to disappear), but the HUD does not reappear once the card is zoomed out. I found that this can be fixed in-game by rotating my perspective to other players, and then back to my own (default numpad 4 or 6). This happened to me a total of 3 times, but didn't seem to affect any other players.

The second glitch is very strange - I've begun to refer to it as the Mind Control Glitch - occasionally when declaring attackers, selecting a different player to attack, instead of shifting the target of the attacking creature, causes one of the target player's cards to target himself. Twice it occured even though the bugged creature was tapped, and once it even happened to my non-creature artifact. The creatures dealt damage to their owners too, although my artifact did not damage me (assuming because if it were considered an attacker it would be a 0/0) For example: During my attacking phase, I have an untapped Pyre Charger. Player 1 has a tapped Brindle Boars. I declare Pyre Charger to attack.  Pyre Charger auto-targets Player 2, so I correct him by clicking the portrait of Player 1. Instead of Pyre Charger switching targets, Player 1's tapped Brindle Boars suddenly target Player 1. Additionally, Pyre Charger's target does not change from Player 2. Undeclaring and then redeclaring Pyre Charger will allow him to choose the desired target. The Brindle Boars cannot be undeclared. Once I order the attack to commence, Player 1 takes damage from both Pyre Charger and Brindle Boars. This glitch also happened a total of 3 times.

It's pretty difficult to properly explain the second glitch, but luckily I was recording the whole game and I have video evidence. www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnOyRPzSZEQ&feat...

The bugs happen at the following points in the video:
6:00 - HUD Freeze
7:45 - Mind Control
18:35 - HUD Freeze
20:05 - Mind Control
26:45 - Mind Control
28:55 - HUD Freeze
29:30 - I describe exactly what is happening and what actions I'm taking every time the Mind Control Glitch occurs.

I highly doubt any of this is hardware related, but just in case here are my system specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965
GTX 560ti
16gb Corsair Vengeance RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 

Yeah both things happened in my Planechase games too. Its quite anoying when you want to attack the lifegame guy whom you could ve killed with an Overrun but the game forces you to attack the 2 hp guy with no board position whatsoever.

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Two words. Ruby. Medallion. 

This thread is hilarious. 

I've noticed a few cards seem to be able to be summonsed when they shouldn't be - might be my understanding but for example: Dragon Hatchling requires 1 fire mana and 1 any mana. I've been able to summon this with just one fire mana (and see the aiitem on it). I think something like The Lore (green mana) has the same issue. 

yeah was there a ruby medalion out on your side of the battlefield?

Not sure why it's hilarious. 

Um don't think so, is that something that is summoned?  

Oh I see now. Hmmm bit embarrassing. Embarassed

hey it happens, its alright
Just read through the 6 pages I missed.
There's a thread here made specifically for asking about card rules. I suggest anyone encountering a questionable card-based interaction ask about it there first. Then report it here as a bug.

Similarly, I think we need a separate thread for technical issues; HUD's disappearing, game slowing down, stuff like that.
Clumping all this in one place is... Well, it's not really getting us anywhere.
Hello together,

I am from Germany pls try to unterstand my English :D

Ok the but to report:

We all know the "exalted"-deck i think. The problem is, there is a creature which has the effect "all creatures have exalted". I only know the german name of that card, because it is M13 new and so magiccards.info have not listed it yet.

German name: Hehrer Erzengel.

Ok the problem:

The effect that all creatures has "exalted" resolves double. When a creature allready has exalted it gains double-exalted and get +2/+2. That ist the bug i wnat to report.
I hope anyone can unterstand what i mean and i hope that this is helpful.

good bye

You are talking about Sublime Archangel, and yeah that's how it is supposed to work.

No it is not, that would be a complete new magic rule. A creature who has lifelink, do not gain double life, if you have another creatuer with "all have lifelink". So it is absolutely a bug.

A creature who has already exalted does not get anything from sublime. This is, and about that i am sure, a bug. In all other ways, all other effects, like lifelink, doublestrike or what ever would resolve twice and that was never before.

Example:

3 Creatures:
2 has exalted, 1 not.

The angel enters the battlefield.

all 3 Creature + the angel have exalted.

that means: you Attack with 1 of them and this one get +4/+4 BUT in this digital game, it gets +7/+7 and that is not what is was made for.
all creatures who already have exalted spend +2/+2 and that is a mistake, they should give +1/+1. Compare it with double strike. There is a knight creature
who has the effect "all knights have double strike" if you have that creature twice the knights do not deal 4 times dmg, same with lifelink, so exalted is the same.

Hello together,

I am from Germany pls try to unterstand my English :D

Ok the but to report:

We all know the "exalted"-deck i think. The problem is, there is a creature which has the effect "all creatures have exalted". I only know the german name of that card, because it is M13 new and so magiccards.info have not listed it yet.

German name: Hehrer Erzengel.

Ok the problem:

The effect that all creatures has "exalted" resolves double. When a creature allready has exalted it gains double-exalted and get +2/+2. That ist the bug i wnat to report.
I hope anyone can unterstand what i mean and i hope that this is helpful.

good bye

You are talking about Sublime Archangel, and yeah that's how it is supposed to work.

No it is not, that would be a complete new magic rule. A creature who has lifelink, do not gain double life, if you have another creatuer with "all have lifelink". So it is absolutely a bug.

A creature who has already exalted does not get anything from sublime. This is, and about that i am sure, a bug. In all other ways, all other effects, like lifelink, doublestrike or what ever would resolve twice and that was never before.

Example:

3 Creatures:
2 has exalted, 1 not.

The angel enters the battlefield.

all 3 Creature + the angel have exalted.

that means: you Attack with 1 of them and this one get +4/+4 BUT in this digital game, it gets +7/+7 and that is not what is was made for.
all creatures who already have exalted spend +2/+2 and that is a mistake, they should give +1/+1. Compare it with double strike. There is a knight creature
who has the effect "all knights have double strike" if you have that creature twice the knights do not deal 4 times dmg, same with lifelink, so exalted is the same.

no you are wrong exalted does stack here, if you read sublime angels text it even says that it stacks. text - (If a creature has multiple instances of exalted, each triggers separately.)
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />no you are wrong exalted does stack here, if you read sublime angels text it even says that it stacks. text - (If a creature has multiple instances of exalted, each triggers separately.)

Ahh wow, in the Game this text does not appear. There is written: "Andere Kreaturen, die du kontrolliert, habe Edelmut" that is "other creatures you control have exalted". So the important information, which you gave to me, was missing.

Thank you! I think that feature is way to strong, but what ever.

Bugs i've discovered:

ok i did that combo again and it worked so either something prevented the damage before without me noticing or it was a bug that involved other cards of which i can't remember.
in multiplayer on xboxlive. After defeating an opponent using a fully unlocked deck I still get a message saying that I've unlocked a card!
2 HG - Silent Arbiter - 1 attacker 1 blocker bug
If you attack with more than 1 creature, you can successfully do so if you wait the timer out. You can also block with multiple creatures if you wait the timer out.
The player selection window for Jace's Erasure seems to mysteriously vanish in certain situations, effectively ending the game as you are unable to choose the card's target.
It's happened twice to me, both times I've had the exact same cards on my side of the board (excluding lands).
The player selection window for Jace's Erasure seems to mysteriously vanish in certain situations, effectively ending the game as you are unable to choose the card's target.
It's happened twice to me, both times I've had the exact same cards on my side of the board (excluding lands).

I can confirm this on the Xbox360 as well. I've noticed there is a workaround as the game lets you move the cursor to another card and when the new card is highlighted (sometimes requiring a zoom), the game seems to move along again.
The Ring of Evos Isle equipped and it's Hexproof Activatable (which was activated that turn) on my Archaeomancer did not block the "tap target" ability from Angelic Benediction from the Exalted Darkness set.
me and my friend cant play ranked 2 headed giant on same consol... wtf

Big bug imo... FIX THIS!  
I cant even start the game, is that a bug?
Skipping the above issues with targeting on the receiving end of the spell, here's a new bug.

When I played Wheel and Deal, 2-player game against Talrand in the campaign, the game automatically targeted him.  I was not given a choice to target or not.

Multiplayer Planechase when selecting who to attack it would not let me select other players only the default.. when i attempted to deselect and reattack the target's own creatures attacked him. Pretty funny actually.
Here's another bug, the following rule does not apply in the game:

509.1h An attacking creature with one or more creatures declared as blockers for it becomes a blocked creature; one with no creatures declared as blockers for it becomes an unblocked creature. This remains unchanged until the creature is removed from combat, an effect says that it becomes blocked or unblocked, or the combat phase ends, whichever comes first. A creature remains blocked even if all the creatures blocking it are removed from combat.

It simply doesn't work, if you kill the blocker your creature will now deal combat damage to your opponent.

Would people please post context? That above post is useless.
Here's another bug, the following rule does not apply in the game:

509.1h An attacking creature with one or more creatures declared as blockers for it becomes a blocked creature; one with no creatures declared as blockers for it becomes an unblocked creature. This remains unchanged until the creature is removed from combat, an effect says that it becomes blocked or unblocked, or the combat phase ends, whichever comes first. A creature remains blocked even if all the creatures blocking it are removed from combat.

It simply doesn't work, if you kill the blocker your creature will now deal combat damage to your opponent.

and your creature didn't have trample?

Please remember to keep your comments positve, productive, and on topic. Remember we are trying to create a
mutually beneficial and productive community for everyone to take part in. If you have any questions or would
like to read the CoC you can find it here:

company.wizards.com/conduct

Thank you for your understanding!

Leaderboards for Xbox Live are still bugged. After winning a ranked match (I haven't lost yet) I dropped 900+ rank to 1034.
I have found 3 major bugs in online games.

1° )If I use the option to automatically join a random game,sometimes it for some reasons fail,& from that moment on every other attempt will fail,the only solution is to restart magic...very annoying.

2° )most of the game I have played with 4 players get "frozen" at a certain point,the "time bar" keep going so the game is not frozen,but the player can't use the button to skip to the next phase or doing anything,the game became unplayable,so 3 player have to quit & the last one win.

3° )this is happened 2 times,the Hud disappear,all the avatar of the player,the life bar,the buttons to skil the phase,the chat... the cards & all the "battlefield" is still visible but the player (me) lose the ability to do anything,can't even play the card clicking on them even if they glow in orange.

My Computer is an hell of a machine I play hundreds of different games & they all work perfectly,so this game is totally bugged.(the only other thing I can think off is a program from my motherboard called EPU-6 that is setted to make a slight downcloack of my processor is order to save power,it gave problem in 2 games but was only a video-audio sync problem,nothing bad like in this game,so probably is not related.)
In my experience 8 online matches out of 10 where bugged,a complete waste of my money.

Shame on who have developed this game,is like if they where in the hurry to release this & don't have done a proper betatest,& shame on me to have purchase it.
*got to check who have developed it to don't ever buy in my life 1 product from them. & shame on wizard of the coast too,to have thrown away their professionality only to make more money.
Anyone notice the land clumping issue? It's really, really lame. Lands tend to clump in packs - meaning you can go 5 turns without seeing one in certain situations or five turns with seeing ONLY land. I've played 20 - 30 games so far and it's been an issue in nearly every game.

Play Jace's mill deck or on one of the planes that shows you the top cards of librarys - the dreampods one or nephalia - and you'll see just how true this is. The decks just are not being randomized properly. I'm playing on the 360.

yeah -- it's really easy to see too, just play mill deck, you get clumps coming out in opponents milled cards all the time!

Not a problem on PS3. I've been playing lots of Jace, and while I see the odd clump, there's almost always a good mixture showing a shuffled deck.

I can 100% confirm that conceding on PS3 has no penalty. A friend and I played a few 1 v 1 games and took turns conceding. We gained points.
Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.
Skipping the above issues with targeting on the receiving end of the spell, here's a new bug.

When I played Wheel and Deal, 2-player game against Talrand in the campaign, the game automatically targeted him.  I was not given a choice to target or not.

Confirmed.

Also, since there is almost no other bug in this 16 page bug thread, here is an actual one: The netcode of the game is as crappy as the one of DotP2012. The most annoying thing is that sometimes, on Steam, you have to wait a minute after trying to join a game and then get the error message "unable to join" (or similar). After that you get the message "no games found" when clicking on any multiplayer option, which is definitely not true. The only solution is to restart the game.

Also, 100% agree to that:

Just read through the 6 pages I missed.
There's a thread here made specifically for asking about card rules. I suggest anyone encountering a questionable card-based interaction ask about it there first. Then report it here as a bug.

Similarly, I think we need a separate thread for technical issues; HUD's disappearing, game slowing down, stuff like that.

Clumping all this in one place is... Well, it's not really getting us anywhere.

The amount of misunderstandings in this thread is over-the-top.
iPad 1 version crashes all the time I play Planechase.
Sign In to post comments