Duels 2013 Buglist - Please post your bugs here!

1479 posts / 0 new
Last post
On the PC version, planechase mode both bug reports are 4 man ffa games.

1. 1 player was Yeva, I was Jace, 1 Goblin deck and 1 Ajani. Yeva attacked the Goblin and for some reason my artifacts which don't even have power attacked too. Shortly after this Yeva crashed.

2. Playing planechase again with me as Exalted, 2 Ajanis, 1 dragon deck (not sure of the name) the game started with that mountain card as the planechase card that gets 1 pressure after each end step and does damage when you planeswalk away. It never did this damage after planeswalking.

EDIT: Oh and after alt tabbing some cards dont display or have the wrong position.
PS3, Planchase vs. AI

When I rolled chaos with Lair of the Ashen Idol on the board, I was not given the choice to give my opponents a token. Not sure if anyone would ever want to, but we should have the choice right?

Did you have auto resolution or simplified targeting turned on?

They were not turned on.
Same game as earlier, a player cast Beacon of Immortality and my UI dissapeared, had to shut down the game. Also included is a screenshot of the match where my artifacts attacked:
i.imgur.com/50xYt.jpg
wait... so there is double decking?!!! oh man! i havent tried to play 2HG yet, i just assumed! dammit!
Fog Bank seems to incorrectly prevent "fight" damage from Prey Upon.
blah blah metal lyrics

not exactly sure what happened, but in 1v1 multi after zooming in to look at one of my cards, the icon of the opposing player disappeared and I could no longer select anything. The game continued as normal, timing out and moving to the next phase/turn etc. I tried pressing buttons, but any button triggers seemed to be disabled by the glitch also. Occassionally the game would return to normal for a second, but then go bacck to glitch the second I did something. My whole experience in multiplayer so far has just been full of bugginess. not fun.

EDIT: this was xbox live

Rules for Exalted - the game got this right: "Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, that creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn for each creature with exalted."

You aren't reading the 'bug'. The player reports exalted triggering twice per card (ie: each exalted card is adding +2/+2), when it should be once per card, if a card can only have an ability once.If a card can have two exalted abilities, then it is working fine.

I haven't kept up enough on the rules to know whether it is working properly.
Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.
I would see the Sapphires working for Into the Roil in this way:

Into the Roil is blue, you are choosing to kick it and make its total cost 2 colorless and 2U; -2 colorless from the Saps therefore you end up paying 2U for the spell in the way you chose to cast it. The way I read it, the game got it right. 

In fact even if the spell was 1 colorless and 1U but the kicker cost was 1 colorless and 1B, 2 saps should still reduce the kicked cost to BU.

I believe this is right. The kicker cost does not add to the mana cost of the spell but does add to the casting cost of the spell, and the Sapphires reduce the casting cost.

I don't remember what creature I selected as my own, but I know for sure that I used Prey Upon to kill 2 Fog Banks while I was playing last night.

We will need more information because I too have been able to kill multiple Fog Banks using Prey Upon or Ulvenwald Tracker.  It seems to be working properly from my experience on the 360.
New bug: Dual audio during cutscenes, during some cutscenes I can hear two soundtracks playing at once not big issue but a bug all the same.
Conceding match: No penalty
This problem with 2012 on the PS3 has resurfaced in 2013. I haven't had the opportunity to put a 100% certainty on the fact that it happens yet, but I'm 90% sure. I'll know for sure in a day or two when I test it thoroughly. Posting so others can also test, and confirm/deny.
Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Rules for Exalted - the game got this right: "Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, that creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn for each creature with exalted."

You aren't reading the 'bug'. The player reports exalted triggering twice per card (ie: each exalted card is adding +2/+2), when it should be once per card, if a card can only have an ability once.If a card can have two exalted abilities, then it is working fine.

oupsie, you are right, didn't see that. well, there is "Cascade, Cascade" on Maelstrom Wanderer, but there is nothing with "Exalted, Exalted" - i am no rules professional, don't know if this is legit...
Desolation Angel makes Dungrove Elder sad. - hydramarine
Upon entering the multiplayer section of the game, Ventrillo is being turned to very low volumes.  Not sure why this is happening, but when we leave the multiplayer section Vent is still not turned back up to its original volume and we have to shut the program down entirely and restart it. 

Reproduce:
1. Connect to a vent of your choice
2. Start DotP:2013
3. Enter a multiplayer game

Another bug is that if I as the game host unselect AI Takeover, my friends get disconnected from the game upon entering.  The same thing happens when I join a game of theirs if we do not leave the Ai takeover box checked.
Pretty sure thats a windows setting causing your sound to drop.
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=...

e: must be the first link to a bodybuild site ever on an MTG forum 
This is probably not a bug, but I'd like to know if this is how the order of things works in paper magic aswell:

The opponent has Jace's Phantasm and I have 9 cards in my graveyard, thus Phantasm is 1/1. I play Prey Upon in order to kill the Phantasm before it turns into 5/5, but the moment I play the spell Phantasm turns into 5/5 and lives. Shouldn't Prey Upon's effect resolve first (killing Phantasm) before the card goes into graveyard?

Oh and the creature I used to fight the Phantasm was 3/2, so it didn't die.

Yes, this is incorrect. The Phantasm should be killed before Prey Upon is put into your graveyard.

A very similar problem,

Rite of Replication on Archeomancer and the newly created copy is able to retrieve the Rite of Replication that created it.

Stop me if I'm mistaken, but I thought the entering play of the new copy, and thus its triggered ability, is all wrapped up in the Rite still resolving so it's not in the graveyard yet.

edit - recipe for disaster:  14 Islands, Rite of Replication, one Archeomancer, and a Time Warp.  Stir well, serve in a pint glass. 

Are you guys sure these are bugs?  I thought the moment you cast a spell, the card itself immediately goes to the graveyard while the effect goes on the stack.  The card is already in the graveyard by the time the effect resolves.
Anyone notice the land clumping issue? It's really, really lame. Lands tend to clump in packs - meaning you can go 5 turns without seeing one in certain situations or five turns with seeing ONLY land. I've played 20 - 30 games so far and it's been an issue in nearly every game.

Play Jace's mill deck or on one of the planes that shows you the top cards of librarys - the dreampods one or nephalia - and you'll see just how true this is. The decks just are not being randomized properly. I'm playing on the 360.
Khyber is a dark and dangerous place, full of flame and smoke, where ever stranger things lie dormant.

I am pretty sure exalted stacks. So if it already has exalted and then recieves exalted from another source it then becomes exalted 2.

One bug (or at least what I thought was an AI bug) and one suggestion for improvement for the iPad version:

I played the Spiraling Mana encounter for the first time and won when I think I should have lost. From what I saw, the AI would always tap out at my End step to add Helix counters. At the end of my turn, the AI taps out and has 71 counters with 6 Locus on the field. Beginning of its turn, they're untapped and worth 6 mana each. At that point, the AI could have tapped out immediately and defeated me. Instead, it waited, and then I stomped it with a 19/19 trample and some other fatties. Yes, I know it's an encounter so you're supposed to learn how it works and play around it but it made it a hollow victory, while other encounters I've completed were won by playing around the encounter's weaknesses (ie. not discarding creatures to mitigate Rise from the Grave with that black one, or zapping the green creatures early before they start Overrunning).

The second suggestion for improvement I have refers to targetting cards underneath others: it's really hard to touch the card underneath but not the card on top. For instance, when I'm able to destroy a target artifact or enchantment and I need to target an equipment under a target. Suggestions might be logically deducing the card (ie. normal creature with equipment -> pretty obvious which one I'm after), or the first touch on the pile exposes the pile, letting me then choose the target. 
We're back on this problem again - opponent casting Wheel and Deal doesn't tell me whether or not I've been targeted.
First off, are the bugs ever going to be fixed? Or are we going to be abandoned again as we were with the two previous releases?

That said, in Born of Flame, doing spell damage to an opponent while Hostility and Fire Servant are both in play does not spawn 2x creature tokens, as I believe it should. It disregards the Servant's double damage modifier. (XBOX Live Arcade version)
Or... not? Seeing the servants "would deal damage" with fresh eyes...

The second suggestion for improvement I have refers to targetting cards underneath others: it's really hard to touch the card underneath but not the card on top. For instance, when I'm able to destroy a target artifact or enchantment and I need to target an equipment under a target. Suggestions might be logically deducing the card (ie. normal creature with equipment -> pretty obvious which one I'm after), or the first touch on the pile exposes the pile, letting me then choose the target. 

That is exactly what happens on my iPad and on my PS3.  I select the "pile" all the cards in the pile get enlarged/exposed, and then I select the card from the pile I want.  
Apologies if this one is already on the list
Playing Krenko and he has Goblin Goon out. We both have 2 creatures under our control so I expected Goon not to be able to block.
He did though. Lost my Primordial Hydra. Bummer.... 
Anyone notice the land clumping issue? It's really, really lame. Lands tend to clump in packs - meaning you can go 5 turns without seeing one in certain situations or five turns with seeing ONLY land. I've played 20 - 30 games so far and it's been an issue in nearly every game.

Play Jace's mill deck or on one of the planes that shows you the top cards of librarys - the dreampods one or nephalia - and you'll see just how true this is. The decks just are not being randomized properly. I'm playing on the 360.

yeah -- it's really easy to see too, just play mill deck, you get clumps coming out in opponents milled cards all the time!
I think I found a bug.

I'm playing the encounter where your opponent plays lightning helix on you every turn. I'm using the lifegain deck. Turn 2 I played Angel's Feather. He hits me with a Helix, putting me at 17. I play Pearl Medallion and Lone Missionary on my next turn. I look at my life total and I'm at 23 life. I didn't watch to see if I gained life from playing the medallion, but it's the only thing that makes sense, since the math doesn't add up otherwise.

17 + 4 from Lone Missionary + 1 from Angel's Feather (since I only cast one white spell) = 22 life.

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't realize the feather worked for my opponent's cards too. 

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

You should have been at 18 when he finished casting his first helix (you had Angel's Feather out, and Lightning Helix is a white card). Are you sure about being at 17 before dropping your medallion/missionary?
You should have been at 18 when he finished casting his first helix (you had Angel's Feather out, and Lightning Helix is a white card). Are you sure about being at 17 before dropping your medallion/missionary?

Yeah, you're right, I didn't catch that the feather works for my opponent's stuff too. That just shows you how little I use those life gain artifacts.

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

I don't know the exact details behind how DotP randomises, but if you are getting land clumps, this sounds like proper randomisation to me.  Keep in mind that a truly random deck will sometimes have clumps.  If after shuffling a deck never had any clumps, this would be pseudo-random.

Of course, if it really is occuring nearly every game, that seems a little off.  I recommend you start recording each game you play to see if it really is as often as it feels.  I know many MTGO players thought the same thing but upon recording their games played, they realised the clumps weren't nearly as often as they felt they were.
I think I found a bug.

I'm playing the encounter where your opponent plays lightning helix on you every turn. I'm using the lifegain deck. Turn 2 I played Angel's Feather. He hits me with a Helix, putting me at 17. I play Pearl Medallion and Lone Missionary on my next turn. I look at my life total and I'm at 23 life. I didn't watch to see if I gained life from playing the medallion, but it's the only thing that makes sense, since the math doesn't add up otherwise.

17 + 4 from Lone Missionary + 1 from Angel's Feather (since I only cast one white spell) = 22 life. 

There's no bug here. Angel's Feather gives you two life here: one for your white spell (Lone Missionary), and one for your opponent's white spell (Lightning Helix). 23 is the correct life total.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

I've unlocked 2 cards for the Chandra deck, but inside the deck manager it says 0 and won't let me edit the deck
This is probably not a bug, but I'd like to know if this is how the order of things works in paper magic aswell:

The opponent has Jace's Phantasm and I have 9 cards in my graveyard, thus Phantasm is 1/1. I play Prey Upon in order to kill the Phantasm before it turns into 5/5, but the moment I play the spell Phantasm turns into 5/5 and lives. Shouldn't Prey Upon's effect resolve first (killing Phantasm) before the card goes into graveyard?

Oh and the creature I used to fight the Phantasm was 3/2, so it didn't die.

Yes, this is incorrect. The Phantasm should be killed before Prey Upon is put into your graveyard.

Actually, the game has it right. This is just like the classic Lightning Bolt and Tarmogoyf scenario. Jace's Phantasm would be destroyed for having lethal damage marked on it only when state-based actions are checked. State-based actions are not checked until after the spell has completely resolved. The last part of resolving the spell is putting it into the graveyard, so by the time state-based actions are checked, there are ten cards in the graveyard, and Jace's Phantasm is 5/5.
That said, in Born of Flame, doing spell damage to an opponent while Hostility and Fire Servant are both in play does not spawn 2x creature tokens, as I believe it should. It disregards the Servant's double damage modifier. (XBOX Live Arcade version)

DotP simplifies replacement effects. The rules are more complicated in regular Magic; if there are two competing replacement effects, the affected player, the player being dealt damage in this case, chooses which one to apply first.
Bug I found that should be easy to replicate. Playing on PC, in 2HG. Me as Jace, buddy as Talrand, against AIs Neferox and Krenko. Neferox had the artifact guy out that only allows one attacker and one blocker a turn. Buddy was able to double block by picking 2 blockers and letting the timer run down.

That really needs fixed, cause it's super abuseable.  
On iPad version, i was using jace's draw and mill deck versus the green primordial hydra deck in an encounter. When i cast Telemi's Performance, the computer opponent correctly revealed cards until a creature came up, however ALL the revealed cards went into his graveyard and i did not get control of the first creature card to show up.  In the same game, i cast a clone of his primordial hydra. The clone spell went to my graveyard. I did not get a clone of primordial hydra.   
On iPad version, i was using jace's draw and mill deck versus the green primordial hydra deck in an encounter. When i cast Telemin Performance, the computer opponent correctly revealed cards until a creature came up, however ALL the revealed cards went into his graveyard and i did not get control of the first creature card to show up. In the same game, i cast a clone of his primordial hydra. The clone spell went to my graveyard. I did not get a clone of primordial hydra.

The game was correct in both cases. Since you never casted Primordial Hydra, you never chose a value for X. Primordial Hydra would enter the battlefield without any +1/+1 counters and then be put into the graveyard for having zero toughness.
On iPad version, i was using jace's draw and mill deck versus the green primordial hydra deck in an encounter. When i cast Telemi's Performance, the computer opponent correctly revealed cards until a creature came up, however ALL the revealed cards went into his graveyard and i did not get control of the first creature card to show up.  In the same game, i cast a clone of his primordial hydra. The clone spell went to my graveyard. I did not get a clone of primordial hydra.   

Not sure about the first one, unless they drew into the hydra, then it's the same as your second.

Clone and clone-effects never copy counters. So it's not a bug. You copied a 0/0 creature and it immediately went into the graveyard like it should have. 
Just finished a game of Planechase with Yeva's deck. Grove of the Dreampods flipped up. Saw a clump of 8 - 9 forests before I saw a creature...come on now, that's not proper randomization at all. Especially in a creature heavy deck. Spent the next five turns drawing forests. This was after I'd hit 6 forests on the battlefield. Not cool at all. Everything that's left up to chance - the planar die, the planes themselves, the decks, who goes first, all seems wonky in this game. I've played at least 10 games of planechase and I haven't gone first a single time. 
Khyber is a dark and dangerous place, full of flame and smoke, where ever stranger things lie dormant.
Hello together,

I am from Germany pls try to unterstand my English :D

Ok the but to report:

We all know the "exalted"-deck i think. The problem is, there is a creature which has the effect "all creatures have exalted". I only know the german name of that card, because it is M13 new and so magiccards.info have not listed it yet.

German name: Hehrer Erzengel.

Ok the problem:

The effect that all creatures has "exalted" resolves double. When a creature allready has exalted it gains double-exalted and get +2/+2. That ist the bug i wnat to report.
I hope anyone can unterstand what i mean and i hope that this is helpful.

good bye
Hello together,

I am from Germany pls try to unterstand my English :D

Ok the but to report:

We all know the "exalted"-deck i think. The problem is, there is a creature which has the effect "all creatures have exalted". I only know the german name of that card, because it is M13 new and so magiccards.info have not listed it yet.

German name: Hehrer Erzengel.

Ok the problem:

The effect that all creatures has "exalted" resolves double. When a creature allready has exalted it gains double-exalted and get +2/+2. That ist the bug i wnat to report.
I hope anyone can unterstand what i mean and i hope that this is helpful.

good bye

You are talking about Sublime Archangel, and yeah that's how it is supposed to work.
We're back on this problem again - opponent casting Wheel and Deal doesn't tell me whether or not I've been targeted.

This is a problem.  I got hit with this spell and immedatly dumped all the instants out of my hand thinking I was getting 7 new cards...then didn't draw any.  Is there a way to tell if you have been targeted or not?
Sign In to post comments