Duels 2013 Buglist - Please post your bugs here!

1479 posts / 0 new
Last post
If you kill Fiend Hunter while its intial ability to remove a creature is still activating, the creature is removed from the game PERMENTLY and does not return to play when Fiend Hunter enters the graveyard as stated.

That is not a bug. That is how it is supposed to work.

Bc_50, your explanation is correct.
Found a familiar one that should be easy to confirm:
PS3
Liliana - Campaign - Revenge (using Jace's deck)

I used Mind Control on a Nantuko Shade and was able to attack with it immediately.

If you kill Fiend Hunter while its intial ability to remove a creature is still activating, the creature is removed from the game PERMENTLY and does not return to play when Fiend Hunter enters the graveyard as stated.

Hmm honestly I think this would be correct, you interrupt the ability with a destruct or direct damage, whatever, to kill him. Your ability that destroyed him would take precident, which would destroy the creature the creatures ability would then still go off since abilities are annoying like that, but since he is already in the graveyard his second ability would not go off. To try and say it more clearly, I think that fiend hunters first ability must completely go off before he goes to the graveyard for his second ability to also go off, the return of a creature. So if you interupt it the return of the creature can never happen since the creature was not removed when he went to the graveyard. I may be wrong but I think under the magic rules this is not a bug, but rather a surprisingly correct interpretation of a very difficult ruling. Yet, like I said I may be completely wrong, I would be curious as to what a rule master/expert thinks.

Yes. To clarify step-by-step exactly what happens.

1. Fiend Hunter's enters-the-battlefield triggered ability goes on the stack, targeting whatever.
2. A kill spell, we'll use Murder for sake of convenience, is cast in response to that ability, targeting the Fiend Hunter.
3. No one uses another spell or ability, so the top effect on the stack resolves, in this case, Murder. Fiend Hunter is destroyed.
4. Fiend Hunter has left the battlefield, so its leaves-the-battlefield triggered ability goes on the stack.
5. The top effect of the stack resolves, so Fiend Hunter looks for the creature it exiled, but finds none, and the ability resolves without effect.
6. The top effect of the stack resolves, so Fiend Hunter finally exiles its target.

It's a neat bit of stack manipulation you can use to your advantage if you can somehow, say, bounce your Fiend Hunter in response to the exile trigger.
no offense but, are bugs gonna be fixed this time???  
PC.
Mindmoil does not allow me to choose the order of cards I put at the bottom of my library. This may of course be deliberate to keep the game moving quickly.

Not exactly a bug but I didn't see an "improvements" thread: planechase cards don't seem to have a More Info button, so I couldn't find out what "scry" meant.

Bug, Tested after it happened and it continued. Unless we just had bad luck, late gotta go to bed now.lol

When in deck editor between matches to remove unwanted cards and keep deck trimmed to 60, getting an invite, so leave deck editor or not for some reason stops you from joining game. Laggs out on Joining screen. Sometimes after you pop into the room.
Only way we could get around it was rebooting the game.

So, Since the invite is sent while your in the editor must throw it off?

Editing then leaving editor before recieving an invite is fine, But if you get the invite while int he editor, Decline it, Leave Editor, then tell your friend to send an invite. Although it could be just real bad luck and seemed that happened. But happened to us everytime once we started trimming decks down between matches. First thought it was just connection Issues, and who knows coulda been but if it happens to others. There you go.

Also, Curious, But the Exhaulted Deck seems kinda Broken in 2HG, Since both you and your Teammate attack together, the one using the Exaulted deck doesnt get the Bonus if attacking with 1 creature. So only good match ups if 1 teammate is using Exaulted is Like Jace etc. Something that Doesnt plan on attacking with creatures. Kinda makes the deck more of a 1 vs 1, FFA only affair for the most part.

Figure its Intended but makes the deck seem, well, not very good for most 2HG games.

xbox 360

in the campaign  the first three opponents using the same card forever. the fourth Boss plays normally

i'm sorry but i' m italian and don' t speak english very well.
Suspected Bug, playing Challenges: Sculpting the Perfect Warrior on the PS3.

I would be happy to be proven wrong, and if someone did manage to beat this challenge on the PS3, do tell, and I will stare at this puzzle for another few hours. I have a feeling it can't be solved however.

Never mind, what a doozy!

is 4/1 or 4/2 ? because in game (steam) its 4/1 but on internet i see 4/2
WTF
xbox 360

in the campaign  the first three opponents using the same card forever. the fourth Boss plays normally

Those are events that they have all the same cards. They are meant to play that way, those decks are not actual duels but rather a test of can u handle a type of constant attack, and so being they do not follow normal deck building rules.

So ya they are just kind of like a type of challenge where the other deck gets to break some rules is all. Not a bug.

xbox 360

Those are events that they have all the same cards. They are meant to play that way, those decks are not actual duels but rather a test of can u handle a type of constant attack, and so being they do not follow normal deck building rules.

So ya they are just kind of like a type of challenge where the other deck gets to break some rules is all. Not a bug.

mmm
it is normal that the cpu use only one card? for all the match? it is not a cpu but a spammer! it is boring!
are you sure?
Wow, dude :D It's supposed to be a different gamemode to bring a little diversity into the game. I'm pretty sure that the game explains it, and it's also optional. Just do the normal duels if you think they're boring.
iPad - Specifically iPad 1 (MC497X) - Version 5.1.1 (9B206)

Battery Performance - Battery performance of Duels 2013 is extremely poor. I've gone from a 90% charge to 4% in the space of 6.5 hrs with 4 hours of that with my iPad idle. I understand that it is an high performance app that uses alot of resources, currently Infinity Blade II has much better battery life performance than Duels 2013 and that this is a hog. I don't know if Duels does anything while idling in the background, but battery charge has been dropping far faster than normal when iPad is idle. At its current rate users will need to manually shut down Duels 2013 in the background app control in order to preserve battery life.

I have a very well conditioned iPad 1 battery that usually lasts days between recharges, even with things like IB II running. However as soon as Duels 2013 has been installed its gone down to running on empty.  Please take a look at this. 
I noticed a glitch last night while playing planechase. Pretty simply i was jace, against jace and two other AI (its the second to last planeswalker challange) anyway jace tapped his cephalid broker at me, i discarded two cards, but didnt draw two cards.

Also, the colourless mana cost doesnt decrease when medallions are in play like they did in 2012. Its not so much a bug as an aesthetic mishap.     
This is probably not a bug, but I'd like to know if this is how the order of things works in paper magic aswell:

The opponent has Jace's Phantasm and I have 9 cards in my graveyard, thus Phantasm is 1/1. I play Prey Upon in order to kill the Phantasm before it turns into 5/5, but the moment I play the spell Phantasm turns into 5/5 and lives. Shouldn't Prey Upon's effect resolve first (killing Phantasm) before the card goes into graveyard?

Oh and the creature I used to fight the Phantasm was 3/2, so it didn't die.
IMAGE(http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/images/smilies/manab.gif)IMAGE(http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/images/smilies/manab.gif)IMAGE(http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/images/smilies/manab.gif)

1. Invited to a game and nothing happen. Stayed at main screen

2. Went to "Join game lobby" thru one of my friends on psn friend list and nothing happen. Stayed at main screen

3. Was in 4FFA online lobby and when game went to start and load i got auto booted to the main screen

These was on PS3

This is probably not a bug, but I'd like to know if this is how the order of things works in paper magic aswell:

The opponent has Jace's Phantasm and I have 9 cards in my graveyard, thus Phantasm is 1/1. I play Prey Upon in order to kill the Phantasm before it turns into 5/5, but the moment I play the spell Phantasm turns into 5/5 and lives. Shouldn't Prey Upon's effect resolve first (killing Phantasm) before the card goes into graveyard?

Yes, this is incorrect. The Phantasm should be killed before Prey Upon is put into your graveyard.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Bug, Tested after it happened and it continued. Unless we just had bad luck, late gotta go to bed now.lol

When in deck editor between matches to remove unwanted cards and keep deck trimmed to 60, getting an invite, so leave deck editor or not for some reason stops you from joining game. Laggs out on Joining screen. Sometimes after you pop into the room.
Only way we could get around it was rebooting the game.

So, Since the invite is sent while your in the editor must throw it off?

Editing then leaving editor before recieving an invite is fine, But if you get the invite while int he editor, Decline it, Leave Editor, then tell your friend to send an invite. Although it could be just real bad luck and seemed that happened. But happened to us everytime once we started trimming decks down between matches. First thought it was just connection Issues, and who knows coulda been but if it happens to others. There you go.

Also, Curious, But the Exhaulted Deck seems kinda Broken in 2HG, Since both you and your Teammate attack together, the one using the Exaulted deck doesnt get the Bonus if attacking with 1 creature. So only good match ups if 1 teammate is using Exaulted is Like Jace etc. Something that Doesnt plan on attacking with creatures. Kinda makes the deck more of a 1 vs 1, FFA only affair for the most part.

Figure its Intended but makes the deck seem, well, not very good for most 2HG games.

This must be what happened to me, I was in deck editor and got an invite but couldn't get in the game so my friend restarted and sent another and it worked.

Eye kneed teh speelchequer bach!

Ruby Medallion does not seem to work at all in the challenge mode. Haven't tried in multiplayer.
The medaillons do work in the campaign, they just don't alter the mana info in the top right corner of the cards in your hand to make the game more in line with paper Magic. This is different from DotP2012 and seems to have confused several people already.
I can't target my own creatures with removal.    I have been playing Lilliana's deck and I notice with Tendrils of Corruption it doesn't allow me to target my own creatures.    I rarely am going to want to (and haven't yet) but I can think of spots where I would.    Is this a targetting option that can be changed?
I can't target my own creatures with removal.    I have been playing Lilliana's deck and I notice with Tendrils of Corruption it doesn't allow me to target my own creatures.    I rarely am going to want to (and haven't yet) but I can think of spots where I would.    Is this a targetting option that can be changed?

go into settings and uncheck "Simplified targeting"
Bug with Deck Manager: When accesing Deck Manager you have the option to view another deck whilst viewing a deck by pressing (square on PS3) after choosing the deck I want to view and press x the game still loads up the deck I was just viewing, this happen whilst I was playing the demo last night unsure if it is only an "demo" issue.
I'm sorry, I don't know how to link to cards, so apologies for that.

Playing on PS3, when playing giants Jace in campaign for the first time, he had two Sapphire Medallions in play and he was able to kick Into the Roil for just 2 islands. Should the medallions affect kicking costs like that?

Also, in the Exalted deck, the Angel that gives all other creatures the Exalted rule? With her in play regular Exalted creatures give their +1/+1 Exalted bonus twice!

I don't actually know if those are bugs or just how it's supposed to work. Doesn't seem right though.
Thanks for curating this list, Robvalue!  Maybe it will get some attention this time.

I saw a bug in the very first game I played.

I attacked with a 4/4 creature, Talrand blocked with two 2/2 drakes and played Hydrosurge on my creature.  The game asked me which of the two drakes I wanted to deal -1 damage to.

I'm betting this is similar to the bug in the last edition where a negative power Giant Scorpion would destroy things using deathtouch.  Can we set up a test to replicate that?

unless there's something in the rules about needing to ask this question?  Does the game stop to prompt you if you have a creature normally with 0 power attacking and getting blocked by two creatures?
I'm sorry, I don't know how to link to cards, so apologies for that. Playing on PS3, when playing giants Jace in campaign for the first time, he had two Sapphire Medallions in play and he was able to kick Into the Roil for just 2 islands. Should the medallions affect kicking costs like that?

Just so I understood, he played the card and kicked it for a total of 2 mana? Sounds about right, as the cost for playing into the roil is 0 with 2 Medallions out.

Also, in the Exalted deck, the Angel that gives all other creatures the Exalted rule? With her in play regular Exalted creatures give their +1/+1 Exalted bonus twice! I don't actually know if those are bugs or just how it's supposed to work. Doesn't seem right though.

This is how the Exalted ability works.  Let's say you have 5 creatures in play with the Exalted ability.  Even if a creature without the ability attacks alone, it will receive +1/+1 from each other creature, enchantment, land or even an artifact that has the Exalted ability for a total of +5/+5.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
There's a bug where if you have warren instigator out and the green deck uses prey upon to try to kill it it will do damage to each other but the creatures won't die. My buddy actually had a creature with 0 toughness after he used prey upon and it didn't die and when his turn was over the toughness went back to the orginal number. After that when i attacked with the instigator no prompt came up to place a goblin creature from my hand to the battlefield.

It should've triggered twice cause it has double strike, first strike goes off-put a creature into play, normal strike goes off, put another creature into play.

So something bugged it out when my friend used prey upon to try to kill my goblin.
Also, in the Exalted deck, the Angel that gives all other creatures the Exalted rule? With her in play regular Exalted creatures give their +1/+1 Exalted bonus twice! I don't actually know if those are bugs or just how it's supposed to work. Doesn't seem right though.

This is how the Exalted ability works.  Let's say you have 5 creatures in play with the Exalted ability.  Even if a creature without the ability attacks alone, it will receive +1/+1 from each other creature, enchantment, land or even an artifact that has the Exalted ability for a total of +5/+5.

Actually that's not quite what he's talking about.  The issue is creatures that had Exalted already PLUS Exalted from the Angel giving the bonus twice.  Which is actually correct, a card can have multiple instances of Exalted.

My question (I haven't unlocked the Angel yet) is if the game's helper text explains this either in Exalted in general, or in the angel's ability description?
There's a bug where if you have warren instigator out and the green deck uses prey upon to try to kill it it will do damage to each other but the creatures won't die. My buddy actually had a creature with 0 toughness after he used prey upon and it didn't die and when his turn was over the toughness went back to the orginal number.

After that when i attacked with the instigator no prompt came up to place a goblin creature from my hand to the battlefield.

It should've triggered twice cause it has double strike, first strike goes off-put a creature into play, normal strike goes off, put another creature into play.

So something bugged it out when my friend used prey upon to try to kill my goblin.

Did he use fog at some point?
And did the goblin actually hit his lifetotal, or was it blocked?
What creature did he target with Prey Upon
Need to be a tad more specific in your reports for people to be able to recreate/confirm/debunk them.

To help clarify my earlier points, he kicked Into the Roil using just two islands. It normally costs 1 island and 1 colourless to cast and the same again to kick. The medallions say they reduce the casting cost of blue spells by 1 colourless. However many Sapphire medallions you have, Into the Roil will still cost 1 to cast, and the medallions say nothing regarding reducing kicker costs. Jace played it for 1 blue and then kicked it for another 1 blue.

I don't know the rules for Exalted, the game gives no mention of it stacking. So a creature already with exalted gets 2xexalted if that Angel I can't remember the name of is on the board. Still doesn't seem right. They don't get two exalted symbols on them or anything to indicate it's stacked.
... I don't know the rules for Exalted, the game gives no mention of it stacking. So a creature already with exalted gets 2xexalted if that Angel I can't remember the name of is on the board. Still doesn't seem right. They don't get two exalted symbols on them or anything to indicate it's stacked.

Rules for Exalted - the game got this right: "Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, that creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn for each creature with exalted."
Desolation Angel makes Dungrove Elder sad. - hydramarine
For some reason I can't load the game.

It takes about 5 minutes for the splash screen with Nicol Bolas to appear, and after another 10 it still hasn't progressed past that screen.

It's strange because yesterday I was playing the game fine (Loaded in maybe 10 or 15 seconds).  My computer hasn't updated windows or anything in the mean time - although I did restart it.  My computer is still working fine.

I'm using Windows XP 32 bit SP 3.
D&D 4e Party Roles For Dummies: Striker - Smack the enemy Defender - Get smacked by the enemy Leader - Make it impossible for your party to lose Controller - Make it impossible for the enemy to win
To help clarify my earlier points, he kicked Into the Roil using just two islands. It normally costs 1 island and 1 colourless to cast and the same again to kick. The medallions say they reduce the casting cost of blue spells by 1 colourless. However many Sapphire medallions you have, Into the Roil will still cost 1 to cast, and the medallions say nothing regarding reducing kicker costs. Jace played it for 1 blue and then kicked it for another 1 blue.

I don't know the rules for Exalted, the game gives no mention of it stacking. So a creature already with exalted gets 2xexalted if that Angel I can't remember the name of is on the board. Still doesn't seem right. They don't get two exalted symbols on them or anything to indicate it's stacked.

I would see the Sapphires working for Into the Roil in this way:

Into the Roil is blue, you are choosing to kick it and make its total cost 2 colorless and 2U; -2 colorless from the Saps therefore you end up paying 2U for the spell in the way you chose to cast it. The way I read it, the game got it right. 

In fact even if the spell was 1 colorless and 1U but the kicker cost was 1 colorless and 1B, 2 saps should still reduce the kicked cost to BU.

I look at the kicker as adding the effect to the spell and adding to the overall CMC of the spell as well.  

There's a bug where if you have warren instigator out and the green deck uses prey upon to try to kill it it will do damage to each other but the creatures won't die. My buddy actually had a creature with 0 toughness after he used prey upon and it didn't die and when his turn was over the toughness went back to the orginal number.

After that when i attacked with the instigator no prompt came up to place a goblin creature from my hand to the battlefield.

Did he use fog at some point?
And did the goblin actually hit his lifetotal, or was it blocked?
What creature did he target with Prey Upon
Need to be a tad more specific in your reports for people to be able to recreate/confirm/debunk them.

Sorry about that. He used prey upon on his leathback baloth which was a 4/5, my instigator was a 4/4. My instigator took no damage from prey upon and his baloth went to a toughness of 0. Maybe bugged out cause instigator has double strike? idk. And yes after he preyed upon and it was my turn and i attacked his life total, I'm not new to magic so I have some commen sense to know instigator needs to do damage to an opponent for the trigger to accure. 

And no fog

..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />

• Curiosity does not work in conjuction with the Chaos effect (bottom ability) from Stensia in Planechase. [You should still draw a card a card but don't]

I can confirm that.

Specific cards involved when I saw it, and the sequence, in case it matters...
Kraken Hatchling and Stensia already in play when my turn started.
Roll the Chaos effect and my Hatchling gets the tap ability.
Enchant the Hatchling with Curiosity.
Tap the Hatchling to damage an opponent.
The opponent does take damage, the Hatchling does get a +1/+1 counter, no card drawn.

I'm curious if Lifelink triggers with that Chaos tap ability, since that's built-in and not an enchantment.  I'll keep an eye out for the opportunity.

Yes, this is incorrect. The Phantasm should be killed before Prey Upon is put into your graveyard.

A very similar problem,

Rite of Replication on Archeomancer and the newly created copy is able to retrieve the Rite of Replication that created it.

Stop me if I'm mistaken, but I thought the entering play of the new copy, and thus its triggered ability, is all wrapped up in the Rite still resolving so it's not in the graveyard yet.

edit - recipe for disaster:  14 Islands, Rite of Replication, one Archeomancer, and a Time Warp.  Stir well, serve in a pint glass. 

A very similar problem,

Rite of Replication on Archeomancer and the newly created copy is able to retrieve the Rite of Replication that created it.

Stop me if I'm mistaken, but I thought the entering play of the new copy, and thus its triggered ability, is all wrapped up in the Rite still resolving so it's not in the graveyard yet.

edit - recipe for disaster:  14 Islands, Rite of Replication, one Archeomancer, and a Time Warp.  Stir well, serve in a pint glass. 

I think the game has that one rite (see what I did there).  I'm not good on the technical mumbo jumbo, but the Rite has to resolve for the creature to come into play in the first place and the effect is an ETB effect.  Pretty horrible explanation, but I think the way the game handled it is correct.  I'll let some rules nerds give a better explanation.

I'm sorry, I don't know how to link to cards, so apologies for that. . .

[ c ] Cardname [ / c ] but take out the spaces to get Cardname.
Just wanted to test out how much dmg Garruk Deck could do, in the end I had like 100 insect tokens, 50 wolf tokens, 10 beast tokens, every big creature on the table and like thousand/thousand Primordial hydra. But after I attacked with everything the game crashed, it seems that was too much for the computer?

Anyone else had this kind of experience?