I'll check new reports of bugs to make sure they are actually rules violations. If they're not, I'll explain why that is, the rules can be odd sometimes! If they are, I'll add them to the "reported" section. Once there, I invite any players to try and reproduce these bugs. Please report your findings here, whether you can confirm the bug or whether you think the poster was mistaken for some reason. When a bug is confirmed like this, I'll move it to the "confirmed" section. This isn't because I don't believe anyone, it's simply to create a reliable list of bugs that can be reproduced so that Stainless have a shortlist of important things to look into. We're far more likely to get somewhere this way than just giving them everything anyone has ever experienced, or thought they experienced.
Thanks in advance for your input! If you have any feedback about this thread, or if you think it should be done differently, I'm open to suggestions. Hope this is helpful!
Update: I have put Mistaken? after some of the bugs in the reported section, if I have reason to believe these may have been reported in error. If no one confirms them in the near future, I'll remove them from the list to save space.
Please read this first:
- If you are reporting a bug about the rules of Magic not properly being followed, please consider first checking it by posting it in this thread. There it can be analyzed, and myself and other users can help you see if it's a real bug or some sort of misunderstanding. Once you have done this, or if you're virtually 100% sure the rules are being violated, then feel free to post it directly to here.
- If your report is of a technical nature (screens freezing, games not loading, failing to join online games etc.) please post this report in the Duels 2013 technical problems thread instead.
I have put some bugs in spoiler blocks if they require a lot of text to explain.
- You can get around the restriction of Silent Arbiter by selecting multiple attackers/blockers and then allowing the game timer to run down. [Fixed on PC 23.9.12]
- On PC, if my opponent casts Cultivate, the card that they put into their hand is not revealed. [Fixed on PC 24.8.12]
- Played Blatant Thievery in 2HG and opponent Twincast it. I choose an opponent's Serra Ascendant and an Island and he keeps the same Serra Ascendant as one target and a different Island that I have. The Islands properly trade places but he keeps the Serra Ascendant even though his Blatant Thievery shouldn't even do anything to the Ascendant (illegal target) and mine should take it. [Was reported, fixed on PC 24.8.12... now you can't keep the target the same, which is technically not correct but it's pointless to do so anyway so this is OK]
- Celestial Mantle is not triggering correctly. For example a 10/10 creature enchanted with CM and with trample is blocked by a 2/2 creature with deathtouch. Life total was not doubled like it should be. [Fixed on PC 24.8.12]
- If you control more than one Roaring Primadox and you use the upkeep ability of the first one that triggers to return another one, the ability of the returned one won't trigger. [Was reported, fixed on PC 17.8.12]
- Prey Upon sometimes doesn't cause Warren Instigator to be destroyed even though it should. It occurs at 2:20
here. Also true of Master of the Wild Hunt trying to destroy it with its ability. After this has happened, all kinds of crazy things happen like creatures not being destroyed when they should. Code goes totally haywire. [Fixed on PC 15.8.12]
- If your Phyrexian Obliterator is under an opponent's control and you damage it, you don't sacrifice permanents (and opponent sometimes sacrifices permanents instead) [Fixed on PC 15.8.12]
- If your Magma Phoenix, Firewing Phoenix, Chandra's Phoenix or Skarrgan Firebird is under an opponent's control and then killed, you can't retrieve them from your graveyard. [Fixed on PC, 15.8.12]
- In 2HG, my partner cast Disaster Radius and it killed my creatures too. There are even reports of it killing the caster's creatures. [Fixed on PC 14.8.12]
- Curiosity and Arm with Aether do not trigger for non-combat damage. [Fixed on PC 14.8.12]
- Ring of Evos Isle has granted hexproof to the creature it equips and then it is equipped to another creature and grants the new creature hexproof, all in the same turn. This causes the first creature to lose hexproof. [Fixed on PC, 13.8.12]
- Playing a Swamp after casting Mutilate causes the -X/-X to update to the new number of swamps. [eg. I have 6 Swamps and cast Mutilate, my opponent's 7/7 creature drops to 1/1. I then play another Swamp, and the creature drops to 0/0 and dies.] [Fixed on PC, 13.8.12]
- PS3,Liliana - Campaign - Revenge (using Jace's deck)- Using Mind Control on a Nantuko Shade and was able to attack with it immediately. [Fixed on PC, iPad]
- Firewing Phoenix is 4/1 instead of 4/2 on Steam, Xbox and PS3 and Yeva, Nature's Herald is 4/5 instead of 4/4. [Fixed on PC, iPad]
Reported bugs- If you have the time please see if you can reproduce any of these and report your findings!
[Ipad] My opponent has Soul Warden he enchanted with Celestial Mantle and I have enchanted it with Pariah. It attacks me and I don't block it. The Mantle's ability still triggers, doubling his life, even though I am never dealt any damage. [Reported 25.9.12]
[Ipad] Garruk player casts Predatory Rampage. He attacks with several creatures. I am ready to double block his Fangren Firstborn and still have a chance to recover. But the game automatically blocks for me and I can't change it. [Reported Ipad 25.9.12]
Opponent has an Auratouched Mage that we Clone. In response to it's triggered ability, we Murder our Clone so we can retrieve Mind Control and steal the original Mage. But rather than have it uselessy attached to our Clone, but nothing happens. We get no card. [Reported 25.9.12]
The AI can jump from Combat to End without ever being in the main phase. Why fuss? Because of Transluminant. I may want the 1/1 ready to attack on my next turn, but can't sac the 2/2 *before* combat - I may want to block and then sac it. The computer attacks with no one and suddenly I can't find time to sac it at all. [Reported 25.9.12]
- The way you choose to distribute damage for spreadable spells is really tedious and drawn out. This is normally just annoying and slows things down, but with Living Inferno it can make the card unusable. If you want to for example do all 8 damage to a creature right on the left of the screen (on a console version) you simply run out of time. I suggest firstly skip the player/creature window and just use avatars (or a button press of some sort on consoles) for switching to players. You'd probably then only have to press that button once if at all during damage assignment, once you're done putting damage on creatures first. And then, keep the cursor over the last selected target, as it's very common to want to put more damage on the same target.
- [Ipad] Talrand cast Disperse on my Tolsimir Wolf Blood. Rather than going back to my hand, it went in to my graveyard.
- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV does not cause opponents' spells cast using Future Sight from their libraries to cost more.
- I was playing against the Spiraling Mana challenge where the opponent uses Cloudpost and Helix Pinnacle to win. I had a Dominus of Fealty out and used it to take control of one of his Cloudpost. Unfortunately I was forced to use this land to cast spells first, I couldn't change lands despite having a few low cost spells that I could cast using basic lands.[Reported 23.9.12]
- [PS3] Royal Assasin sometimes can't be activated, ie Creature attacks, you should be able to activate and kill it, but it doesn't work, EOT tap, sometimes doesn't work. [Reported 23.9.12]
- [PC] The ability for Demigod of Revenge does not trigger when you cast it, it waits until it has entered the battlefield. This means the opponent can counter the Demigod and stop his ability from happening. Additional report: I think the problem with Demigod of Revenge is that the foil version doesn't get "resurrected" when a normal version gets played. When a foil Demigod is played, everything is fine. [Reported 23.9.12]
- Cards that force you to act as if "may" was "must": Creakwood Liege, Ophidian Eye, Wall of Reverence [Reported 23.9.12]
- If you give an opponent Puca's Mischief they can exchange control of a target permanent with a target permanent they also control, however this shouldn't be possible as the card specifically states you can only exchange with an opponent's permanent as stated by the card. [Reported 23.9.12]
- Bloodchief Ascension did not get a counter when an opponent was killed that turn (so no longer in the game) but took 2 or more damage during the turn. [Reported 21.9.12]
- Was playing against the Izzet deck in campaign on iPad. Used Lyzolda, the Blood Witch's ability to sacrifice a Sootstoke Kindler. The ability resolved without doing 2 damage and without drawing a card. So it apparently didn't recognize that the hybrid card was both red and black. [Reported 21.9.12]
- An opponent stole Chancellor of the Spires with Mind Control, and we then Cloned the Chancellor and used it to cast Blatant Thievery to steal Mind Control, assuming it would give us the creature back, but it didn't. [Reported 21.9.12]
- Activating Liliana's Shade's ability triggers Lurking Predators. [Reported 15.9.12, I could not reproduce]
- [PC] Playing 2HG, I cast Chancellor of the Spires, located Mutilate and all creatures died. I control no Swamps so this shouldn't have happened, but it may have been counting my partner's Swamps (playing Obediant Dead). [Reported 13.8.12]
- Opponent exiled a Erratic Portal from my deck with Nightmare Incursion. The game then glitched when I cast another Erratic Portal from my hand.
- Forced Fruition has caused me to have over 20 cards in my hand in a turn. When it comes to discarding at end of turn, it doesn't stop when I've picked the required number but carries on until I've picked my whole hand. But even then it doesn't progress until the timer runs out, and then it just discards randomly. [Screenshot: Notice all 25 cards have been greyed out as they have been selected]
- Grand Ossuary doesn't let me target my creature equipped with Swiftfoot Boots. (not sure if it's a general Hexproof problem or if it's the boots.) [Was it on my turn? Otherwise hexproof would prevent targeting as opponent controls the ability]
- Nephalia:Two problems with Nephalia: It does not show any animation for its Chaos ability. (By contrast, its end of turn effect does animate the card that goes to an opponent's hand.) Why fuss over this? Because to know what that target line points to you have to stop the timer in the brief moment between the targeting and resolution, and then use lots of clicks to the graveyard browser to figure out what it is, all for something you can't actually affect with anything in the game.
If you have 8+ cards after the end of turn effect, the game immediately asks you which one to discard without showing what 7 cards were put in your graveyard, and no way to get to the graveyard browser while the "please discard a card" popup is showing.
- Land that changes control has problems displaying correctly when tapped. It'll hide other tapped lands below it and show only 4 tapped maximum.
- I'm playing against 3 opponents, with Kharasha Foothills out. I attack with Soul Warden, and other creatures. The 2 copies of the Warden do not "see" each other entering, I only gain 2 life (from the original Warden). Also there is no way to tell which tokens will get exiled at end of turn, which could be important if there are also tokens created by Rite of Replication for example. I suspect this is just one of many examples where "invisible" effects like this cannot be determined once something has entered the battlefield.
- Bloodhill Bastion lets you target some token creatures such as a Rite of Replication copy of Jhessian Zombies (final Planechase campaign match) but not others like those created by Talrand, Sky Summoner.
- Takenuma can return shroud creatures to your hand on chaos roll.
- Odd combat phase:I'm experiencing odd behavior in the combat phase, sometimes a large number of cards will automaticaly be assigned to attack, or a blocker will pop up automaticaly without being told too, and I've also experienced all the forced blockers of a Taunting Elf all backing off when attacking with a large force several times when this stuff is happening. It seems a bit random, but it is happening to me mainly when there's a lot of cards in play. I was using the Ancient Wilds deck in a Two-Headed Giant game with 3 AI players, with around 40 creature cards/tokens on my part of the field when it was happening. I've experienced it on 2 different computers in the same day under the same conditions.
- Ipad achievements:On player status screen, achievements are, and stay, at 0/0. Despite having finished all campaign modes. Every achievement picture is greyed out. Winning a challenge claims to unlock the Magic: The Puzzling and Challenge Master achievements, yet nothing shows on the player status screen. My theory is that this was triggered by my unlocking cards in every deck with promo codes before doing so by playing, which may have messed up the Jack of All Trades achievement.
- Interplanar Tunnel does not show to anyone the Phenomena revealed while looking for five Planes.
- Reality Shaping can cause freezing. If a player has no available permanent spells in their hand to select, the game won't progress or give you a "finish" button.
- Norn's Dominion: you can't put fate counters on lands (unless they are also creatures.)
- In online game against AI, sometimes can't change who you are attacking without first cancelling the attack.
- German version translation errors: Favorable Winds does not mention the +1/+1 part, and There's a Plane which lets you destroy a creature if you roll the dice correctly. The card text says you destroy a land (when it's obviously a non land).
- Evolving Wilds didn't produce the land selection window, resulting in being unable to fetch a land / Ipad, exalted deck: Evolving Wilds does not put the land you select onto the battlefield making it useless. [remaining D12 glitch]
- In Planechase, with Orzhova, rolling a blank can lead to exiling exiling cards from graveyards. AI rolling blanks didn't seem to cause exiling. [PC, 2 human, 2 AI]
- No penalty for conceding in online games on PS3.
- Multiplayer Planechase- cannot change who I attack. When I attempted to deselect and reattack the target's own creatures attacked him.
Bolas casts Slave of Bolas on my creature and it's sacrificed at end of turn. When I cast a kicked Marshal's Anthem I'm not able to select my creature. [Confirmed not fixed on PC 8.10.12]
Bolas uses Mindclaw Shaman to cast something from my hand, and I then can't return that card to my hand later with Archaeomancer. [Confirmed not fixed on PC 30.9.12]
My opponent played Mana Leak to counter one of my spells but I couldn't seem to choose what colour of mana to use for the as the additional cost from Mana Leak, when I'm using a multicolour deck. [Confirmed 25.9.12]
On ipad, 2hg, Defense of the Heart is out and both opponents go to 4 creatures out on same turn. Defense of the heart triggers, I choose my two creatures, and then nothing happens. Creatures are not put into play and next turn doesn't stop. Speculation: Defense is trying to trigger twice, once for each opponent, and gets into some sort of loop? [Confirmed on PS2 25.12.9]
In 2HG I sac'd my Dauntless Escort to give my guys indestructibility and it gave it to my partner's guys too even though it says creatures I control. [Confirmed on PC and Xbox 21.9.12]
Land count: 11 forests, 9 swamps
I remove Damnation and the land count goes to 8! forests 12 swamps
Second example SS:
Land count: 11 forests, 9 swamps
I exchange the Guldan oracle (one green mana) with Greater Good - land count goes to 9 forests, 11 swamps
Same thing happens if I add Rancor as 61st card; land count goes from 11 forests to 9 forests.
- My opponent used Telemin Performance and got my Demigod of Revenge. The next turn I killed his demigod, and the following turn played another demigod of my own. The one that was in my graveyard never came out.
- Many achievements are failing to unlock sometimes, or all of the time, even if you get a message saying you've unlocked it. [Confirmed 23.9.12]
- Greater Good:[Confirmed 23.9.12]I found a strange bug last night (Steam, multiplayer 1v1). I had Greater Good and 2 Yavimaya Elder in play. On two occasions, I sacrificed the Elder using greater good instead of the Elder's ability in response to a kill spell (I needed to keep 2 mana open). The first time, the option to pick lands came up twice for the Elder, and I appeared to pick 4 lands + the 2 cards from Greater Good. I only drew 2 lands however, and had to discard 3 cards as normal, so I chalked it up to a graphical glitch. The second time I sacrificed the Elder (2 turns later), however, was worse. The same pick lands thing came up twice - so I appeared to draw 4 lands when I actually only drew 2. And I drew 2 cards from Greater Good. But when I had to discard - I had to discard 6 cards overall. It was as if the game thought I sacrificed 2 Elders, so had to discard 6 cards, when I only sacrificed one.
- When the 2/2 tokens from Mitotic Slime die, they don't produce the 1/1 tokens. [Confirmed 21.9.12, but reported to work correctly on PC and PS3]
- I used Defense of the Heart against Garruk to summon Drana and a Sewer Nemesis. Garruk had only one card in his graveyard - Nature's Lore. Sewer nemesis has */* where * = "the number of cards in the chosen player's graveyard". I chose Garruk. My Nemesis died immediately. [Confirmed 21.9.12]
- Targeting problems: Consume Strength and Drooling Groodion do not show which target is going to get the bonus and which is going to get hurt, making it impossible to respond properly. Incremental Growth, Incremental Blight and Deathbringer Liege don't distinguish targets and do different things to each target. Selesnya Guildmage doesn't show which ability has been activated. [Confirmed 19.9.12, updated 19.9.12]
- Chaotic Aether should stop if you planeswalk for any reason, but the game incorrectly keeps it going until you planeswalk from a die roll. For example, the effect will incorrectly linger if you planeswalk via the text of Aretopolis, Lair of the Ashen Idol or Grand Ossuary. [Confirmed 3.9.12, updated 19.9.12]
- Cards which force you to act, ignoring the "may" clause: Veilborn Ghoul, Kharasha Foothills (big problem with legends and especially Phage the Untouchable and causes problems in multiplayer in general with many cards), Sphinx-Bone Wand, Genesis Wave (also problems with not putting other cards in graveyard, not going through correct amount of cards etc), Squadron Hawk, Curiosity, Vengevine, Rampaging Baloths, Avenger of Zendikar, Chancellor of the Spires (both abilities, but second one is biggest problem), Archon of Redemption, Goblin Arsonist, Liliana's Shade (like Squadron Hawk allows use of Archive Trap) [Updated 18.9.12]
- I control Phyrexian Obliterator and you have put one of my creatures on the battlefield under your control with Bribery, Rise from the Grave or Telemin Performance. Your creature blocks my Obliterator, taking enough damage for your creature to go to the graveyard. I now sacrifice the permanents instead of you. Doesn't happen with Mind Control. [Personally confirmed on PC 16.9.12, updated 18.9.12]
- Yeva in the campaign somehow cast Wolfbriar Elemental for no mana and kicked 100 times. Also campaign Ajani managed to produce 100 tokens with White Sun's Zenith, kicking it for zero. (Pearl Medallion was present, so maybe by some bizarre wrap-around internal logic 0-1=100 for the AI? Cannot reproduce bug for player controlled Zenith.) [Screenshot] [Updated 13.9.12]
- If you have the maximum number of a certain type of token (100) and you gain more tokens of that type, this doesn't trigger entering the battlefield abilities such as Soul Warden and Archon of Redemption. Even if the game wipes the extra tokens off, they still entered the battlefield so should trigger these abilities. [Personally confirmed on PC 12.9.12]
- One of my lands is about to leave the battlefield (say the ability of Acidic Slime is on the stack targeting it). In reponse, I do something costing 1 mana (like pumping Liliana's Shade once). The game should realize that tapping the land that's about to leave is the best move, but it doesn't and can just tap other lands to generate the mana. I have no way of making it tap the targeted land. [Personally confirmed on PC 11.9.12]
- Your Panoptic Mirror has imprinted Rite of Replication. I cast Time Warp on myself, then steal the Mirror with Blatant Thievery. When the Mirror's ability triggers on my next free turn, it doesn't give me the option to kick the spell. Doesn't always happen though. [Personally confirmed on PC 8.9.12]
- Turn the Tables targeted an attacking Dawn Elemental and caused it to be destroyed by the damage. [Personally confirmed on PC 8.9.12]
- Using Fiend Hunter to exile a Forest animated by Awakener Druid causes the Forest to be put visually in the wrong place, "under" your land rather than Hunter. Screenshot Same problem if it's exiled by Journey to Nowhere. [Updated 7.9.12]
- When Sublime Archangel grants exalted to a creature that already has it, the multiple instances are not displayed in any way (although the game calculates them correctly when they attack alone). The exalted icon beside it could have a number over it for multiple instances. [Personally confirmed on PC 30.8.12, updated 3.9.12]
- iPad: I just completed the 10th challenge, it says "Unlocked Achievement - Challenge Master", but it does not update my achievement list with Game Center nor does it appear unlocked in the Player Status. Everytime i do a challenge again it does the same: it says "Unlocked Achievement -Challenge Master ", but it does not update my achievement list with Game Center nor does it appear unlocked in the Player Status. [Confirmed 28.8.12]
- iPad: Cannot get Fearless Explorer achievement. I have beaten all of the encounters (more than once) and it won't give it to me. It announces I have the achievement after every victory, but the never records it. [Confirmed 28.8.12]
- Dread somehow jumping back into the library from the player's hand, stopping the player getting decked, even though it didn't go to the graveyard. [Confirmed 28.8.12]
- If Body Double/Clone is copying Ember Hauler from the graveyard, and you use its ability to target Goblin Piledriver, the damage doesn't get dealt like it should. This appears to be the game failing to use "last known information", a problem I reported with the D12 engine. If you instead copy Goblin Arsonist with Clone and it dies, you can't even target Goblin Piledriver with it's death trigger. [Personally confirmed on PC and updated 27.8.12]
- An opponent uses Rise from the Grave/Bribery etc. to put my Massacre Wurm onto the battlefield under their control. In response to its enter-the-battlefield ability, someone uses Unsummon on it. When the Wurm's ability resolves, it now affects my opponent's creatures rather than mine. [Personally confirmed on PC 27.8.12]
- If you are at 9999 life (the maximum the game allows) and you gain more life, Well of Lost Dreams triggers but won't let you pay more than 0. [Personally confirmed on PC 27.8.12]
- The "more info" tab on rebound cards doesn't mention that the card has to be cast from your hand to be exiled and then eventually copied. [Personally confirmed on PC 27.8.12]
- Augur of Bolas's ability does not let you look at the top 3 cards of your library, it only shows you the instants and sorceries, and the rest then get put on the bottom of your library without you seeing them. (Using Bribery or Clone etc. against Bolas) [Personally confirmed on PC and updated, 21.8.12]
- Last known information not being used: Grindclock's mill ability is activated while it has some counters. In response it is bounced by Into the Roil. When the ability resolves it should still mill but the game doesn't mill at all. Same problem with Wild Pair- If I cast a creature from my hand, Giant Growth it in response to Wild Pair trigger, let Giant Growth resolve, then remove the creature from the battlefield before the Wild Pair ability resolves, it doesn't use last known information but uses the default power/toughness of the creature instead. [Personally confirmed on PC and updated, 21.8.12]
- If Twincast copies a spell that requires an additional cost, it makes you pay the cost or else the spell fails. You shouldn't pay it at all, and the spell should use the same information as the original paid cost. Applies to Goblin Grenade, Momentous Fall, Natural Order. (I suspect also Disaster Radius) [I Checked 16.8.12, not fixed in patch, updated 21.8.12] Rule reference:706.10. To copy a spell or activated ability means to put a copy of it onto the stack; a copy of a spell isn’t cast and a copy of an activated ability isn’t activated. A copy of a spell or ability copies both the characteristics of the spell or ability and all decisions made for it, including modes, targets, the value of X, and additional or alternative costs. (See rule 601, “Casting Spells.” ) Choices that are normally made on resolution are not copied. If an effect of the copy refers to objects used to pay its costs, it uses the objects used to pay the costs of the original spell or ability. A copy of a spell is owned by the player under whose control it was put on the stack. A copy of a spell or ability is controlled by the player under whose control it was put on the stack. A copy of a spell is itself a spell, even though it has no spell card associated with it. A copy of an ability is itself an ability.
- I have Panoptic Mirror with card(s) imprinted on it. I activate the imprint ability, and then choose to cancel instead of picking a value for X. I then cannot select any of my previously imprinted cards on future upkeep triggers. [Personally confirmed on PC 19.8.12]
- Since the patch Odric, Master Tactician has become bugged, not letting you choose blockers. Seems to be on Ipad/PC but not Xbox, and doesn't happen against AI. Please see this post and also this on gameFAQ. Another example:[Confirmed 15.8.12, updated 18.8.12]I've being on the receiving side of Odric once and had some pretty weird behavior. For me it looked like my creatures didn't block anything, his turn ended, then on my turn I couldn't play a card at all until "synching" appeared. Then all my creatures died as if they had blocked his.
- The Living Weapon mechanic is not explained in the "more info" tab (currently relevant to challenges only). [Personally confirmed on PC 17.8.12]
- If you pump up Liliana's Shade with its ability, then its killed and brought back with Rise from the Grave all in the same turn, it retains its buffs. This also applies to being Unsummoned and recast. Also affects others like Nantuko Shade, Timbermaw Larva, Clickslither, Nightwing Shade [I Checked 16.8.12, Liliana Shade at least is still bugged, not fixed in patch]
- If you have taken control of another player's Sapphire Medallion (say with Blatant Thievery), it's cost reduction won't work with cards played using Future Sight. [Personally confirmed on PC, 14.8.12]
- [Desperate Measures challenge, PC] Phyrexian Processor's enter-the-battlefield ability acts like a triggered ability, whereas it should be a replacement effect (in other words, it should happen instantly not use the stack). [Personally confirmed on PC 13.8.12]
- Archive Trap can be cast for if your opponent searches your library instead of their own (eg Bribery). [Confirmed 13.8.12]
- You can target yourself with Cone of Flame, Goblin Artillery's ability and your own permanents with Beast Within even though simplified targeting is turned on. [Personally confirmed on PC, updated 10.8.12]
- I have Manaplasm on the battlefield. I cast a spell, and my opponent counters it (before the Manaplasm's ability resolves). When the Manaplasm ability then resolves, it doesn't get the bonus like it still should. [Personally confirmed on PC 8.8.12]
- Having a crowded battlefield can cause Future Sight to not display the top card of your library, although you can still play it. When you have no cards left in library it lets you to play a non-existent card from the top, causing a crash. [Updated 8.8.12]
- Genesis wave example:I cast Genesis Wave for 6. I can verify this from noting what the card said on the pop-up, and by counting how many tapped lands I now have. It put Nature's Lore in my discard pile (below the Wave itself, on top of the stuff already there). It put 2 Forests in play. It put a Primordial Hydra in play briefly, which ended up on top of the copy of the Wave in the discard pile. That triggered the ability of Takenuma and I drew a Khalni Hydra. That's 4 total cards.
I'm guessing the Plane triggering in the middle of things caused a problem, or else some sort of chaos with the variable cost of the hydra... actually either hydra. It's possible the X cost on the first hydra crashed the "look at X cards" loop and it stops looking.
- Goblin Assault has two possibly different bugs where it fails to force either yours or your opponent's Goblins to attack.
- The cards exiled by Nightmare Incursion are not revealed before being exiled, at which point no one can view them.
- In 1 vs 1, when you cast Wheel and Deal you are forced to target your opponent.
- Clone normally tells you "this is Clone" in the more info tab. But when it copies a token, it stops saying this. On PC it also stops having the icon that shows it is Clone. It has the "token" page under more info, which is incorrect. Clone is still a card not a token.
- There is no indication which opponents have been targeted by Wheel and Deal, so you can't respond properly and you can't decide not to target any opponents. [Reported not to be the case on xbox, which platforms is this a problem for? Or happens randomly?]
- Oblivion Ring gives you the option to not choose a target when its ability triggers, but there is no "may" here. Confirmed on PC, by pressing the "finish" button to skip targeting. Bizarrely Journey to Nowhere does work as per the (very similar) card text.
- You can't choose to give your opponents creatures with the chaos ability of Lair of the Ashen Idol [PS3, Planeschase vs AI]. Also on iPad:I experienced this vs 3 AI. I tried to give a zombie token to Ajani. I was presented with the avatar pics of all 4 players and kept touching Ajani and nothing happened but whoever I touched last was highlighted. So I highlighted Ajani and tapped "Finish" and to my dismay nobody got a token.
- In some situations, when you select an attacker the cursor does not move automatically to the next possible attacker meaning you have to keep manually moving the cursor to select lots of attackers. [Happens in 1vs1 online, at least].
- In 2HG, we have Panoptic Mirror with Time Warp imprinted, and Debtors' Knell. The upkeep trigger from Knell somehow stops the Panoptic Mirror trigger from working at all. Also reports of it triggering in the first upkeep after exiling a card, but then failing to trigger in future upkeeps. Example 1:With Followed Footsteps, Soul Warden, and Ajani's Pridemate on the board, the mirror flashed as if it was going to trigger, but simply moved on to the other triggered effects without casting the spell imprinted on it. I bounced the mirror and the footsteps, then the mirror worked fine when recast and reimprinted. I did not recast the footsteps, but I have seen footsteps and mirror work together properly in the past without the other two triggers.Example 2:I was playing Revenge campaign against Ajani. The first card I copied was Sleight of Hand, which triggered the copy on the next Upkeep, but I noticed to some dismay that on the second upkeep it didn't copy the card, even though it was sitting there underneath the mirror (exiled). On that turn, I imprinted Disperse, and on the next upkeep, it gave me the option to copy Disperse only - Sleight of Hand was sitting there next to Disperse, however it wasn't highlighted and I wasn't able to select it. So I cast a copy of Disperse, and then on the next and all following Upkeeps the copy abilty did not trigger at all, even though the two imprinted cards where still underneth the mirror (exiled). The game was over within a few turns, the mirror was my last chance of winning (this is another cheating Revenge opponent IMO). I also had the Spinx-Bone Wand in play, which I had cast the turn before I cast the mirror.
- Flames of the Firebrand does not tell you how much damage has been directed to each target when there are two target lines. Same problem with Inferno Titan and Grand Ossuary.
- With Time Distortion in effect, I cast Time Warp, finished that turn and had my second one. After that it should have gone counter clockwise, but it went back clockwise to the guy on my left. Then after his turn I got to go again.
- For cards like Innocent Blood or Morphic Tide (where Auras are entering the battlefield) that require simultaneous choices by players, it is meant to follow a strict order with players knowing the previous choices. But choices are always made simultaneously. If the choices are being made from hidden zones, you should still know whether or not they intend to make an optional choice, and how many cards have been chosen if appropriate, even though you can't see what cards will be chosen.
- Problems with selecting the card you want from library searchers on Ipad, sometimes need to drag it to the area over and over.
- Steam FFA. Twice, in different duels, a monster would suddenly randomly attack someone even when it wasn't that person's turn and once my creatures attacked me. [Screenshot]
- With Glen Elendra out and an AI opponent swings for lethal against another opponent, if that player loses from the damage, the player who attacked is able to gain exchange control withany other creature on the battlefield, instead of it just cancelling.
- Problems with inflatable creatures like Liliana's Shade on xbox. The pump ability resolves, but then does not raise power/toughness. Even when it does, the Shade inflated to 4/4 won't kill a 1/3 creature. Sometimes pumped amount just floats above card in white. Seems to be only in online play not single player. [Screenshot]
- Ipad: No button appears for choosing card to put on top of deck for Quicksilver Sea, game ends and hangs. Bottom of library is fine. [Screenshot 1 Screenshot 2]
- Max life total on player status screen reverts to 20 and stays there even though I've achieved much higher.
- Opponent controls Goblin Goon and 1 other creature. I control two creatures. Yet Goon was able to attack and block.
- Unlocked progress being deleted on Steam version, often to do with problems with Cloud files.
- You can get around the restriction of Taunting Elf. Watch from about 5:20 here.
- Not given enough time to choose cards from deck with Nightmare Incursion, and incorrect prompts being created for spells you cast afterwards (especially if the timer has run out while selecting). Also see this thread.
- Got Praetor Slayer achievement, showing all 5 mana symbols cracked after doing the two versions with Vorinclex and Jin-Gitaxias.
- Latency issues causing inability to stop timers.
- Cephalid Broker's ability sometimes makes you draw 4 cards instead of 2.
- Incorrect "you have unlocked a card" messages, for example after losing or when the deck is fully unlocked.
- Players can stall indefinitely without the timer ever passing the turn.
- I attacked with a 4/4 creature, Talrand blocked with two 2/2 drakes and played Hydrosurge on my creature. The game asked me which of the two drakes I wanted to deal -1 damage to. [Should be zero damage even with -1 power, looks like display error]
- Video of glitch:PC FFA- [Video]
Occasionally when declaring attackers, selecting a different player to attack, instead of shifting the target of the attacking creature, causes one of the target player's cards to target himself. Twice it occured even though the bugged creature was tapped, and once it even happened to my non-creature artifact. The creatures dealt damage to their owners too, although my artifact did not damage me (assuming because if it were considered an attacker it would be a 0/0) For example: During my attacking phase, I have an untapped Pyre Charger. Player 1 has a tapped Brindle Boars. I declare Pyre Charger to attack. Pyre Charger auto-targets Player 2, so I correct him by clicking the portrait of Player 1. Instead of Pyre Charger switching targets, Player 1's tapped Brindle Boars suddenly target Player 1. Additionally, Pyre Charger's target does not change from Player 2. Undeclaring and then redeclaring Pyre Charger will allow him to choose the desired target. The Brindle Boars cannot be undeclared. Once I order the attack to commence, Player 1 takes damage from both Pyre Charger and Brindle Boars. This glitch also happened a total of 3 times.
The bugs happen at the following points in the video: 6:00 - HUD Freeze; 7:45 - Mind Control; 18:35 - HUD Freeze; 20:05 - Mind Control; 26:45 - Mind Control; 28:55 - HUD Freeze; 29:30 - I describe exactly what is happening and what actions I'm taking every time the Mind Control Glitch occurs. AMD Phenom II X4 965; GTX 560ti; 16gb Corsair Vengeance RAM; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit