Steam Preorder Players

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Game's been released on Steam, but any people who preordered have their game stuck as "Magic 2013 Pre-Order" and cannot install it. The store page also acts like I do not own the game.

Yay.

Steam players report in and.. wait more.. I guess..
You must be frakin kidding me. I get unlocks I don'y want and I will be the last to play the game because I preordered?

Worst preorder ever.
If you check the steam forums, there is quite a few of us to have to keep waiting. Cry

Guess that's just another reason we shouldn't of pre-ordered Tongue Out
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.
I didn't even want to pre-order. I waited for the store page to remove the pre-order bonuses then bought it, and now I'm stuck with a Pre-Order and no game.
Seriously, so my options are to pay another 10 dollars or to wait untill someone decides to fix it. This is incredibly lame and I can't believe there would be a punishment, wheter on purpose or not, for pre-ordering the game. Not gonna pre-order another wizards game again.

EDIT: well now they moved it back to "coming soon" and there is a "play now" button that does nothing. 
Seriously, so my options are to pay another 10 dollars or to wait untill someone decides to fix it. This is incredibly lame and I can't believe there would be a punishment, wheter on purpose or not, for pre-ordering the game. Not gonna pre-order another wizards game again.

This has little to do with Wizards. This is all on Steam to get the game rolling as of this point.
from steam forum:
This happens all the time with Steam pre-orders. Give it a few hours.
It works now And downloads fast, 4minutes and should be ready.
Hey guys just restart your steam and it should work, mine is working now!
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

Much obliged.
restarted steam worked, nice

but I did that 5 times, funny it worked 5th time
Same problem. One would think that pre-orders should be handled with a lot of care. Apparently Wizards and Steam feel otherwise. I understand if pre-loading is a costly feature to add, but gamers are an impatient crowd and clearly your pre-order customers are much more sensitive to release times than average. If the lesson here is that we get our game more quickly, even by only a few minutes, by not pre-ordering then chances are you guys are going to be looking at a much smaller number of "projected sales" based on pre-orders for your future releases.

Much obliged.

This hasn't worked for me. Going to try again after lunch.

It worked. And it's downloading at top speed.

Arqwart

Not a problem, I posted in the Steam forums first then over here as fast as I could. =P

Sorry to everyone that it still isn't working for, it did the trick for me, and I hope it starts working soon.  
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Same problem. One would think that pre-orders should be handled with a lot of care. Apparently Wizards and Steam feel otherwise. I understand if pre-loading is a costly feature to add, but gamers are an impatient crowd and clearly your pre-order customers are much more sensitive to release times than average. If the lesson here is that we get our game more quickly, even by only a few minutes, by not pre-ordering then chances are you guys are going to be looking at a much smaller number of "projected sales" based on pre-orders for your future releases.

Much obliged.

This hasn't worked for me. Going to try again after lunch.

Now it works. Thanks. Still kind of irked at the delay though.
Restarting worked for me too; much obliged!  Then I printed off my code and ran (well, walked) over to my LCS and got my free M13 mini-booster.  I actually love 5 of the 6 cards.
Mine worked just fine, got my code for the promo and already edited my decks that I got fully unlocked. 
Decks Used Slivers - Dragons - Artifacts - Elves Monsters - : Vampires - Knights - Infect
Jesus guys

It sais " game will be available in aproximately X hours", which was about 8pm here in europe. Went online an hour earlier or so, waited, waited, restarted steam et voila. WHat's wrong with you all
Desolation Angel makes Dungrove Elder sad. - hydramarine
NOT MEEEE!!!  I should have gone and gambled the $20 away.  At least then I would have some losing lotto tickets to show for it.