Fool me thrice...

33 posts / 0 new
Last post
Seriously, how much of a fool does Wizards take me for? DotP 2013 is just as buggy as it's previous iterations. I preordered it thinking there would be no way that they would **** it up a third time, that's why they decided not to fix DotP 2012 right? Because they will fix all the glitches in the new game and make more money, it only made sense. Surely enough, I was quickly proven wrong. I played my first game with the Goblin deck and right off the bat the goddamn zoom glitch happened and the UI disappeared making the game unplayable (sounds familliar?).

Just don't buy this ****! At least not now as the game doesn't deserve your money in it's current state.
It never glitched for me so its just your game.

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

It never glitched for me so its just your game.

You'll run into it eventually, it's the same glitch that people have been running into ever since 2009.
Then it should have the same solution.  Zoom up to the top down view.  In the hundreds of hours spent playing these games, I've run into that bug maybe 5 times.  Hardly a reason to not buy the game.
Then it should have the same solution.  Zoom up to the top down view.  In the hundreds of hours spent playing these games, I've run into that bug maybe 5 times.  Hardly a reason to not buy the game.

You don't mind getting shafted, I'm cool with that, it's a free world. I'm just posting this for people who might have a problem with the current state of the game.
For example, I personally wish I had known this a few days ago before I had preordered.

You don't mind getting shafted, I'm cool with that, it's a free world. I'm just posting this for people who might have a problem with the current state of the game.
For example, I personally wish I had known this a few days ago before I had preordered.

Shafted? lol.  Overreact much?

I was never promised a bug free game and I hardly rank that bug as one that is game breaking and would deter me from buying the game.  The previous games had numerous bugs and this ranked among the least bothersome of them considering that it can be rectified and happens very infrequently.
Seriously, how much of a fool does Wizards take me for? DotP 2013 is just as buggy as it's previous iterations. I preordered it thinking there would be no way that they would **** it up a third time, that's why they decided not to fix DotP 2012 right? Because they will fix all the glitches in the new game and make more money, it only made sense. Surely enough, I was quickly proven wrong. I played my first game with the Goblin deck and right off the bat the goddamn zoom glitch happened and the UI disappeared making the game unplayable (sounds familliar?).

Just don't buy this ****! At least not now as the game doesn't deserve your money in it's current state.

Yeah, no glitch here either....
I haven't even come across any bad card interactions, May=/= Must, etc.

You sure you're not overreacting?
A lot of new games have issues shortly after release its to be expected. 

No online game is perfect. 
Decks Used Slivers - Dragons - Artifacts - Elves Monsters - : Vampires - Knights - Infect
The only problem is that other games get fixed after launch and this one will get "fixed" next summer with a new release.
Not all of em, I have several games that are POS's that never got fixed after their release.  
Decks Used Slivers - Dragons - Artifacts - Elves Monsters - : Vampires - Knights - Infect
Hmm, I have yet to encounter a bug
Seriously!! WOW! you paid $9.99 for a game that will get way more play than pretty much anything else you"ve shelled out $59.99 for!!
So please get off the pity bus and remove yourr head from thy buttocks!
Bugs happen then they get fixed (hopefully) but this is such a teenie one that I hardly think its worth all of this pissing and moaning! do us a favor delete the effin game (kiss your $9.99 goodbye), so that you'll never play it again and we wont have to run into you as an opponent, because if you whine this much over this I'd hate to think of the crying that you would do over getting your ass handed to you in game!!!
Or just get the hell over it!!!Yell
In, well, relevent news, the bug report thread is made of fail so far. Lots of misconceptions but no real bugs yet.
In, well, relevent news, the bug report thread is made of fail so far. Lots of misconceptions but no real bugs yet.

This. If 2013 is as glitchy as the previous games, I'm sure you won't mind listing the other dozens of bugs you've encountered?

What's that? You haven't?

Slow down, man. Take a step back. Just take a step back and look at this. You're in a blind rage over one bug in a $10 game, loaded to burst with content. So just go over what has happened here. Then smash your keyboard over your head and stop posting, you whiny, entitled child.
Close your eyes. Fly away. In the land where dreams, all are true. IMAGE(http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/distilledpoizn/StupidJefferson.jpg)
I expected a relatively bugless game after so much time and two other same games that used the same goddamn engine. You're damn right I'm entitled, they should have this crap figured out by now.
Here's another bug, the following rule does not apply in the game:

509.1h An attacking creature with one or more creatures declared as blockers for it becomes a blocked creature; one with no creatures declared as blockers for it becomes an unblocked creature. This remains unchanged until the creature is removed from combat, an effect says that it becomes blocked or unblocked, or the combat phase ends, whichever comes first. A creature remains blocked even if all the creatures blocking it are removed from combat.

It simply doesn't work, if you kill the blocker your creature will now deal combat damage to your opponent.

I've sacked my blocking creature countless times and never taken any damage. Stop trolling

I’ve removed content from this thread because of a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_...

Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks.You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively.

If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.

I played 2012 over 300 hours never seen that bug. I play 2013 now for 10 hours didnt see that bug jet.

Maybe its ur fault?

no real bugs yet.

That's not entirely accurate. I haven't read through the whole thread or tried everything, and most bugs do appear fixed, but there's a bug that won't let you join a game if you received an invite while in the deck manager.
Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.
This issue it corrected with, literally, one press of a button. Step back and breath.
Update: Taunting Elf is broken.

@5:10
The only problem is that other games get fixed after launch and this one will get "fixed" next summer with a new release.

Wrong. I have seen alot of bugs that are similar to the one from 2012 that they didn't fix. Out of sync issues with the right clicking to use ability in multiplayer? Ui disappearing? Joining is pending on steam? Failed to connect on steam? I didnt have a chance to check if the card ability forcing the opponent main phase 1 timer to count down prematurely.

See I dont expect games to be bug free, but I do expect previous bugs to be FIXED. which they were on in this version. We should not have to settle with work arounds. They should fix all the damn bugs.

This is unacceptable. The **** ads in the game I could deal with. but the crappy support to fix any bugs?the lazyiness to copy and paste game code to take shortcuts? The lack of support from wizards or stainless(Don't even try to argue this point, we all know its gonna happen).

Edit: Oh cant forget the game breaking bug in planechase where a random creature attacks their owner. (in 4 FFA planechase, a Player using CHandra deck attacks with the pyre charger against the Green elf chick deck. Well a creature that belonged to the green deck that was being attacked moved to attack position targetting the owner and actually did damage to the owner. It was that elf that when you play you draw a card but the point still stands that player took damage from a creature on her side of the field and she controlled.)

also in another game, the planar card randomly targeted me on someones combat phase and tapped.. it did no damage but i still found it funny I got attacked by a planar card....
no real bugs yet.

That's not entirely accurate. I haven't read through the whole thread or tried everything, and most bugs do appear fixed, but there's a bug that won't let you join a game if you received an invite while in the deck manager.

I said that two days ago, and it was true at the time.
The bug thread was all card misconceptions.
@Splattercat: Yes they are all card misconceptions even the one noted by me about the Deck Manager bug, thats card misconception too I guess.
There are clearly bugs in the game and yes some of the "bugs" are misconceptions. I feel that if the bugs get fixed every expansion, many will cool down over this issue. This version seems 10 times more intricate with new variables, new rules, way more tokens, etc. and personally I feel it works better. It's just an awesome game to pass up bugs or no IMO.
@Splattercat: Yes they are all card misconceptions even the one noted by me about the Deck Manager bug, thats card misconception too I guess.

Do you understand the passage of time? Or the concept of "past tense"?

Two days ago, I made a comment that all that was in the bug thread was card misconceptoins.
Two days later, that comment was called into question.
ALSO one day ago, you made your aforementioned contribution to the Bug thread. 
Meaning as far as you are concerned, my original comment from two days ago was still valid up till that point.

My comment that you just responded to, reiterated that: When I made the comment two days ago, it was accurate.
I even used the word "was".

Now then. How would you prefer to follow up your snide comment?
Lol.

I was aware of all this, but there was no post correcting the outdated information, and I felt that should be changed, so I changed it.

Lol.

I was aware of all this, but there was no post correcting the outdated information, and I felt that should be changed, so I changed it.

Apologies Vastet, I merely meant that the original point was addressed by you, not challenged.
With all the bugs in this game i still think its worth the $10 we payed
With all the bugs in this game i still think its worth the $10 we payed

It's absolutely worth it. It still plays hugely better than 2012 ever did, and has about double the content and it's the same price.
Completely agreed.  My girlfriend was watching me play while she was working on some other stuff.  I was then telling her about everything the game included when purchasing and then I told her it was only $10.  She said "It is?!?  I would have expected it to be more."
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.

Apologies Vastet, I merely meant that the original point was addressed by you, not challenged.

Mine as well. Typing with a PS3 pad encourages me to type as little as possible to get a point across, and I often miss how it could be misconstrued without more information.
2012 had bugs and other problems, 2009 had bugs and other problems. So far for me, 2013 has neither, even if the same bugs come back from 2012 (which i could live with) this is still a massive improvement on both 2012 and 2009 in all areas. The decks are equal and fun, with their own tactic, not just spam cards and aggro win LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

All those who complain about £10 games being broken need to wake up. I didnt hear many people moaning about the god awful ending of Gears 3, and thats a full retail game.

Skyrim, £40, broken on the PS3 (did they ever fix it?) thats refund territory, not for a digital game that has (apparently, but believably) a few hiccups    

I've had that glitch...a few times. It must be worse than it was in previous releases as well, as I never had any problems with it before. Overall though, I think they've done a great job with 2013; it's miles above 2012 in terms of functionality, and even presentation -- actually, all-round! Although I've experienced this glitch, I've experienced far less other glitches, on top of the many non-glitch-related improvements, so I'm very happy with 2013. It's a good sign that things will only improve in leaps and bounds as the series progresses...although it makes me think it has to end somewhere...
Sign In to post comments