Commander + Eldrazi

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
If my Commander is Ezuri, Renegade Leader, am I allowed to have Eldrazi in the deck? Thanks.

Check out my FREE Firefox addon: Send To Gatherer

It will send any text you highlight on any Web page to the Gatherer and open it in a popup over the current page, a new tab, or new window.

My favorite rule: 101.2

By eldrazi, I assume you mean cards like Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre and Artisan of Kozilek? Then yes, you certainly can, as those cards are not colored and as such can go in any EDH deck.

If, however, you meant Dread Drone or similar, then no, you couldn't include it, as it's obviously black.

Ultimately, the type of card doesn't matter in EDH, it's the color that matters. :-) 
I'm all about super-control in MTG. If you're able to stop my shenanigans, then there aren't enough shenanigans. Lv 1 Judge Current Decklists Sweeping Beauty (Casual) A Vision of Clones (Casual) Coming soon... more decks! :-O
Do note, however, that Emrakul, the Aeons Torn is technically banned in Commander. If you want to use it, you'll have to get a special exemption from your playgroup. Any other colorless Eldrazi, however, can legally be put in any EDH deck.
Rules Nut Advisor
I should've been more specific. I meant the colorless ones like Hand of Emrakul or Artisan of Kozilek.

Thanks for the replies!

Check out my FREE Firefox addon: Send To Gatherer

It will send any text you highlight on any Web page to the Gatherer and open it in a popup over the current page, a new tab, or new window.

My favorite rule: 101.2

Why was Emrakul banned in EDH/Commander?

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Taking offers on my set of unopened limited edition full art judge foil basic lands, message me if interested.

Why was Emrakul banned in EDH/Commander?

Quoth Sheldon Menery:
Effective 20 Dec 2010:

BANNED

Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

This is one on which we listened heavily to what the community was saying, and nearly without exception, everyone hates Emrakul. It’s a card that makes the game devolve into a war over a single card whenever it hits the table. Add to that the fact that its combination of abilities made is seriously unfun to play against. We had already had our eye on it, and when the community spoke, we listened.

(source)