Do WotC developers work together?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Probably a noob/uninformed question, but do any of the various developers employed by WotC work together, cross-department? What I REALLY mean is, do people that work on developing Magic The Gathering also work on developing D&D Next?

I hate to sound like a fanboy, but I love Magic (especially the last few years) and I would be thrilled to know that people who develope that game would have some hand in the new edition of D&D.

Anyone know? I'm curious.
Tom LaPille recently transferred from Magic to the D&D Next design team.

So, yes, there is at least one Magic guy working on D&D Next.  ;)   

All around helpful simian

Tom LaPille recently transferred from Magic to the D&D Next design team.

So, yes, there is at least one Magic guy working on D&D Next.  ;)   

Yay! Good news.

Probably a noob/uninformed question, but do any of the various developers employed by WotC work together, cross-department? What I REALLY mean is, do people that work on developing Magic The Gathering also work on developing D&D Next?

I hate to sound like a fanboy, but I love Magic (especially the last few years) and I would be thrilled to know that people who develope that game would have some hand in the new edition of D&D.

Anyone know? I'm curious.

While personnel will move around, I have the impression that each division works indepentently from the other divisions.  The folks will playtest each other products but I don't believe there is the kind of coordination and collaboration between the Magic division and the DnD division as you might imagine.