Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 - "Crosswinds" Deck Full List

675 posts / 0 new
Last post
Edit: Now includes the promotional unlock list as well.

Main Deck

Unlocks:

[deck]1x Talrand, Sky Summoner
2x Repulse
2x Dehydration
3x Azure Mage
1x Mana Leak
1x Distortion Strike
1x Time Warp
1x Cast Through Time
1x Spiketail Hatchling
1x Arm with Æther
1x Rite of Replication
1x Keep Watch
1x Time Reversal
1x Panoptic Mirror
1x Future Sight
1x Cerulean Sphinx
1x Sphinx of Lost Truths
1x Spiketail Drake
1x Call to Mind
1x Goliath Sphinx
1x Gravitational Shift
1x Blatant Thievery
1x Distortion Strike
1x Twincast
1x Mana Leak
1x Day of the Dragons[/deck]

Promotional Unlocks:
[deck]1x Tidings
1x Bribery
1x Time Stretch
1x Flow Of Ideas
1x Blatant Thievery
1x Followed Footsteps
1x Rite Of Replication
1x Time Warp
1x Day Of The Dragons
1x Future Sight[/deck]
Goblins coming up next
OK, I'll work on posting "Obedient Dead."
Omg 2 Mana Leaks, yessssssssss, so happy right now, its all I wanted lol
All the others except Yeva are done. Writing hers up now.
Goblins coming up next

This deck looks interesting, like you need to put some effort in to get a good deck. I like it.

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

Omg 2 Mana Leaks, yessssssssss, so happy right now, its all I wanted lol

Yeah, they probably realized Counterspell was a little too good.
As of now, I'm happy with this deck actually.

Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

This is going to be so powerful in 2hg I cant wait.

IMAGE(https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/eb11/anyarpxhyntrzn86g.jpg)

Just saying, I gotta take out Rite of Replication now <_<

Had to go there xD
How will Panoptic Mirror work if you imprint Call to Mind?  Will it allow you to recycle cards from your graveyeard every upkeep?

EDIT:  Gravitational Shift reminds me of Cumber Stone; I wonder how many decks have numerous fliers.
Yeva's "Ancient Wilds" deck list is up now. Between me Microbless and that other guy we now have all 10 spoiled.

LET THE ARGUMENTS ABOUT RITE OF REPLICATION COMMENCE!
Man, I'll just throw a Rite on Panoptic Mirror and start getting clones of everything!
Man, I'll just throw a Rite on Panoptic Mirror and start getting clones of everything!

So here is a question, with multiple Archangel of Strife creatures in 2012 there was no way to tell which creature had which effect.  Will the imprints be linked to each Mirror and if so how will an opponent know which to remove?

EDIT:  Nevermind, Panoptic Mirror is an artifact and Rite of Replication only copies creatures.
Hats off to Wizard. This deck is insane.

You can build this deck in so many fun ways.

Can't wait for tomorrow. Thanks for the spoilers!

IMAGE(http://i46.tinypic.com/2b5wr5.jpg)

Hydrosurge (U)
Insant
Target creature gets -5/-0 until end of turn.

Ring of Evos Isle (2)
Artifact – Equipment
(2): Equipped creature gains hexproof until end of turn.
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a +1/+1 counter on equipped creature if it's blue.
Equip (1)

Archaeomancer (2UU)
Creature – Human Wizard
1/2
When Archaeomancer enters the battlefield, return target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand.

Talrand's Invocation (2UU)
Sorcery
Put two 2/2 blue Drake creature tokens with flying onto the battlefield.

Talrand, Sky Summoner (2UU)
Legendary Creature – Merfolk Wizard
2/2
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, put a 2/2 blue Drake creature token with flying onto the battlefield. 
Imprinting Time Warp is going through my head atm
Imprinting Time Warp is going through my head atm

So gross.

I wonder which of those crazy artifacts/enchantments are worth running and how many can be run together.
Im thinking -3 Kraken Hatchling, +3 Azure Mage

-2 Goliath Sphinx, +2 Mana Leak

This is kinda hard lol

Win condition = Ring on a flier? This is gonna take some time.
Im thinking -3 Kraken Hatchling, +3 Azure Mage

-2 Goliath Sphinx, +2 Mana Leak

This is kinda hard lol

I don't know. Kind of like those Hatchlings. If anything, I thought about removing Curiosity for some of the Azure Mages.
OK having glanced over each deck I think this is my favourite, I'm not sure it's the strongest but it looks fun
This deck looks like it could suffer some mid game problems.  I'm not sure whether it has enough control or stall to get set up.  The cards will have to fall well for you I feel.  By that I mean you'll need an opening hand with most of your 1-3cmc cards and curve out into the juicy stuff.  Interesting deck though.

I like to mass debate

What do you mean? It has cards to play on every turn, its just a matter of drawing them. Turn 1 setting up is Sleight of Hand preferably. Turn 2, you can Azure Mage, Fog Bank, hold a Mana Leak or Bounce etc. Turn 3, you can play and equip the Ring of Evos Isle, or play multiple cards. Turn 4 is where the deck blows up imo.

I really wish the deck had 24 base lands though, 25 seems too high for the way I intend to make it. I guess if I sleight of hand away a land and not shuffle my deck at a point, its the same thing anyways tho.

Also I'm removing both Curiosity, the less Auras the better, the deck needs more instant/sorcery, and has enough card draw as it is now.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zees-crosswinds-...

I wonder if this will be any good, it tests decent. Gravitational Shift is basically double Cumber stone vs anything without Flying. You wont intend to be attacking with most of the stuff this deck has on the ground anyways, so it doesn't hurt us much.

The decks only turn 1 play is Sleight of Hand, but that's the only downside to it I think, once you get to 3 islands, you're set. The deck has a rediculous amount of options on turn 2 though. Fog Bank, Bounce, Leak, Azure Mage, and maybe the Ring depending on your hand and deck you are facing.

The deck has 18 instants/sorceries, adding Repulse, Mana leak, Time Warp, and Distortion Strike. I feel putting a Ring on a creature to buff it and making it unblockable and hexproof a decent win condition. It has rebound too, so you can use it twice, pretty good imo for one Island.

Gravitational Shift is in over the Favorable Winds, I feel two 4/2 Drakes is more threatening then two 3/3's. Sure it costs more, but the deck has 25 lands and you can't remove any so I figure ill try it.

I love Azure Mage, it doesn't need to tap to use its ability, and it makes a lot of use of the extra lands (my main concern).

Time Warp + Panoptic Mirror is a win condition in its own and totally feasible because of all the card draw. If they dont destroy the artifact before your upkeep, they lose.

I may be taking it completely in the wrong direction but I think this is a decent way to play the deck. The highest costing card is 5, I would personally run 23 lands if I had the choice. Anyone have any ideas?
Grav Shift seems kind of meta dependant. I'd have to go through the other lists to take count, but many run fliers of some sort I think, so I'm not sure how much more powerful it really is. Having 4/2 drakes sounds nice though.
Just imagine generating 4/2 fliers by playing an instant or sorcery just because you have Talrand on the battlefield, it sounds great.

Also yeah, id take it out for something else if you have any suggestions, let me know. It may take some online gameplay to know.

Not sure, there are quite a few cards I want to fit in, but you run out of room quickly.

How do people feel about Cast Through Time by the way? Too expensive? It's kind of like a secondary option to Panoptic Mirror and I like all my spells with rebound.
There are so many things I liked in this deck I don't know even what to talk about...

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

@Brodo, Its dead for a while, I don't like that, especially when a lot of cards already have rebound or ways to get them back/imprint it.

Seems kinda redundant in a way, only more cmc.

The thing is, how do we want to win with the deck, by turn 6? Or do we want to win by turn 9? If turn 9 I suppose we can run it. I kinda want the deck to be fast personally, and think its possible to do so, even using 3 walls.

I like the Hatchlings too, but it should be in the defensive build, I think this deck can be ran fast or slow. Maybe I should remove Fog Bank too, Im not sure.

-3 Fog Bank
+1 Spiketail Hatchling (A flier that can attack and be buffed)
+2 Favorable Winds

This would speed up the deck some, but Im still unsure without actually being able to play against the other decks. Its all speculation atm.
@Brodo, Its dead for a while, I don't like that, especially when a lot of cards already have rebound or ways to get them back/imprint it.

Seems kinda redundant in a way, only more cmc.

The thing is, how do we want to win with the deck, by turn 6? Or do we want to win by turn 9? If turn 9 I suppose we can run it. I kinda want the deck to be fast personally, and think its possible to do so, even using 3 walls.

No idea how the deck operates without it in my hands. Seems like it could be fast, but also seems like it could be slow. I guess it depends if you'll utilize more of the walls or not.

I was just shifting cards in and out and I'm about right here.

Favorable Winds/Gravity Shift are on the fence. I really only have fliers from the tokens, and at 2/2's they aren't entirely impressive. If the deck masses them, then I can just out muscle the opponent. But I kind of like the idea of have 3/3's as opposed to just 2/2's.

Spiketail Hatchling can be useful. Sphinx of Lost Truths is typically solid. Arm with AEther would be a sweet imprint on the Mirror, but otherwise meh. Twincast is cute, but probably not necessary. I don't know. I guess that's where I am at for the moment.
Seems like basically the same way id run the defensive build, Id approve. Cast Through Time is the only card id have out just cause of its cost, but its preference really. I would probably put a second Rite of Replication in if its built this way. (yeah Im indecisive)

Playtesting with it, I often get flooded, so I can see it being kicked possible if you are walled in enough.
With the addition of the End Step, Azure Mage (and the Jayemdae Tomes in Garruk's deck) will be quite wonderful. Definitely excited to play this deck. I know it'd be a rare combo, but I'd love to get Time Warp under Panoptic Mirror. The hilarity (and rage quit) that would ensue would be priceless.
Timeeeeeeeee Warrrrrppppp + Panoptic Mirror

If Im right, this does mean infinite turns starting at your next upkeep right?
Ya I'm sure I'm in the minority but I'm cutting Time Warp for that reason. I can't stand the insta-win conditions like that. 
Timeeeeeeeee Warrrrrppppp + Panoptic Mirror

If Im right, this does mean infinite turns starting at your next upkeep right?

Yes. Time Warp gives a complete turn, beginning upkeep and all. If the combo is left to activate, the game would be over for the Talrand player's opponent.
So you wouldn't run a combo deck? This isn't one but I don't get it, just think its boring or something? I honestly would be having extreme amounts of fun if they stayed in the game.

We havent had anything like this in 2012, we should be craving it lol

There was Phage The Untouchable but yeah that dont count.

Both cards in this case work fine on their own. But if I DO have one in hand, I may be digging and drawing for the other, it would be TOO fun.
Ya I'm sure I'm in the minority but I'm cutting Time Warp for that reason. I can't stand the insta-win conditions like that. 

Insta-win that costs 5 mana for two turns in a row (or 10 mana if done in one turn), is vulnerable to counters, is vulnerable to artifact removal, requires two cards from a 60+ card deck (only one instance of both the cards), and requires 3 turns (2 turns in the perfect situation, but that's 10 mana). Anyone with the tools available (and the understanding of how powerful Panoptic is) will be sure to get rid of it in ANY situation that it comes to the field (or tries to). While it is very much an insta-win, it's an insta-win that requires a lot of time and serious luck.
Yeah, it wont happen often. Its just if it doesn't happen, it wont hurt. Time Warp is great on its own and Panoptic works with almost anything.
Good points. I'm probably jumping the gun ha ha!

I will say that if I see the combo happen against me and I can't stop it, I'm going to concede. Knowing people, they'll probably drag the duel on for as long as they can just to be mean.

I will say that if I see the combo happen against me and I can't stop it, I'm going to concede. Knowing people, they'll probably drag the duel on for as long as they can just to be mean.

Whats funny is that they are prolly really mad and id be chuckling all happy, I may just counter what they are doing and take free turns doing nothing 20 times then decide to win etc. It would be unwise not to leave.