1189 posts / 0 new
Last post
Here's Jace's deck, "Dream Puppets." 

Creature Size: 1/5
Deck Speed: 1/5
Deck Flexibility: 4/5
Deck Synergy: 4/5

Dream Puppets
3x Jace's Phantasm (U, Creature - Illusion 1/1 Flying, +4/+4 if opponent has 10+ cards in graveyard)
3x Thought Scour
1x Visions of Beyond
2x Counterspell
2x Howling Mine
2x Into The Roil
2x Jace's Erasure
2x Mind Sculpt (1U, Sorcery, Target opponent puts top seven cards of library into graveyard)
2x Sapphire Medallion
2x Aether Adept
1x Crippling Chill
2x Cephalid Broker
1x Clone
1x Dreamborn Muse
2x Font of Mythos
1x Sleep
3x Vedalken Entrancer
1x Wheel and Deal
1x Mind Control
1x Telemin Performance

Unlocks:
1x Mind Control
2x Prosperity
2x Unsummon
1x Jace's Phantasm
1x Dreamborn Muse
2x Icy Manipulator
1x Clone
1x Sturmgeist
1x Mind Sculpt
2x Hedron Crab
2x Crippling Chill
1x Sword of Body and Mind
2x Chancellor of the Spires
1x Scalpelexis
1x Traumatize
2x Tome Scour
1x Grindclock
1x Visions of Beyond
1x Body Double
2x Isleback Spawn
1x Sands of Delirium (3, Artifact, (X) Tap: Target player puts top X cards of library into graveyard)
1x Archive Trap

I'll go through and edit in the abilities for cards that aren't linked yet. Let me know if you see any errors.

Looks like a fantastic deck!

Omg this deck is really really good lol, Mill is officially viable in 2013 for sure

Im so happy I see Traumatize in there, Itll help a ton vs people running 100+ card decks <_<
HOly S**tsnacks he's got a Chancellor!

Thank you so much!  Please sticky request this thread and not Microbless' one as this contains all of the appropriate information.
Yeah I know, thats so awesome, Im really excited to use this deck now.

Whaaaa Sword of Body and Mind? I hope you're serious about this, that is absolutely rediculous. Im glad Garruk's deck has artifact removal this time around lol
HOly S**tsnacks he's got a Chancellor!

That's a cool card I have to say.

Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

And......

F***....

Sword of Body and Mind

That will not come without bad press....

And......

F***....

Sword of Body and Mind

That will not come without bad press....

OMG! I'm literally throwing up rainbows right now, I've been praying for the sword to appear in 2013, hopefully we'll get more of them!
the new and improved Mind of Void library killer.

IMAGE(https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/eb11/anyarpxhyntrzn86g.jpg)

Archive Trap looks absolutely delightful due to all the land search cards in the game.
4x Phantasm (plus sword!!!) ensures this deck will have no problem with all the 90 card randoms out there.
Woot, this deck looks WAY better than I hoped. I guess the other decks have ridiculous stuff aswell though, I'll keep my eyes off them for now.
This deck looks amazing! My favorite along with Goblins so far! Thanks!!
Mind of Void and the Artifact deck were my favourite decks in DOTP and this looks like a fusion of the two with an overarching blue control theme. Pretty much my dream deck. The metagame of 2013 officially just blew 2012's out of the water (no pun intended).
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
All these decks look so good
Sword of Body and Mind. Almost too powerful, but I think we need to get used to a different meta. All of the decks have such power in them.

LOVE THIS DECK.
Dat Chancelor.

So many good cards. I am a fan.
I wish there were more counters in this deck.
I wish there were more counters in this deck.

Probably wanted to avoid that "non-interactive" feel blue decks can impose on the game. It would be even worse with this deck because milling is even more difficult to interact with than creatures. Stick some milling objects and then protect/steal anything that threatens you. It would be a little aggravating to play against.

That said, I'm looking forward to this one.
Sick.

IMAGE(http://i46.tinypic.com/2b5wr5.jpg)

Something tells me this will be the most-played deck in the game.
Something tells me this will be the most-played deck in the game.

Then let the goblin players rejoice with their multiple copies of Goblin Piledriver!
It won't be. It looks powerful now but as soon as most of the 'fad of the week' players get beaten a few times they'll get bored with the whole 'sit there and mill them' strategy and move on to more pro-active decks. Pretty much guaranteed.

As for the bigger picture, every single deck appears to be powerful, and almost every other deck has one or two cards that have been blatantly included to counter a mill strategy.
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
Playing it right now against Nefarox in the campaign, it is INCREDIBLY frustrating to play with, at least right out of the gate. I feel like I want to love the deck, but unlocking it is going to be a thorn in my side.

Edit: Just realized I had difficulty on Planeswalker. Never again.
Devastating Combo vs Garruk. Mind control + Master of the Wild Hunt + Sword of Body and Mind = Grave Titan effect (attack create blockers > block > gg or worse; block > tap kill attacking creature after assigning blockers > repeat > mill for the win) This is gonna be a nasty deck. Multiplayer is gonna get rough.
Chancellor of the Spires and Archive Trap: two cards  never thought would appear in DotP.

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

Devastating Combo vs Garruk. Mind control + Master of the Wild Hunt + Sword of Body and Mind = Grave Titan effect (attack create blockers > block > gg or worse; block > tap kill attacking creature after assigning blockers > repeat > mill for the win) This is gonna be a nasty deck. Multiplayer is gonna get rough.

Protection from blue kind of throws a wrench into your plan. You'll need to use Clone or Body Double instead.
Lol that would suck. Here have your Master of the Wild Hunt back with this sweet sword attatched to it.
Good catch.... I'll keep looking for good combos though... sad panda...

EDIT Body double would work though... wouldn't it?
How many of the Chancellor cycle do we have in the game? I think I saw blue and red version only?
I do not think anyone will run howling mine or font of mythos. This deck has enough mill without giving your opponent card advantage too.
Its not really card advantage because you get to draw too, and your opponents deck losing cards is worth the extra card they get on their first upkeep.
Remember that with Dreamborn Muse out having more cards in hand means milling faster so howling mime and font of mythos are very viable options if played at the right times.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Those who break the rules are considered scum; but those who would betray and abandon even one of their friends, are worst than scum(Kakashi Hatake/Originally Obito Uchiha/Tobi).
A certain build favors those cards, though. Including Dreamborn Muse and Jace's Erasure. It is a more high-risk, double-edged win condition. Feels like a red-blue flavor instead of mono blue. 

Looks like these cards will have to be treated the same way. You include them all at once or you dont include any. 
If the +1 card advantage is that big an issue for someone, play Icy Manipulator first and just tap the Howling Mine, we have options.
If the +1 card advantage is that big an issue for someone, play Icy Manipulator first and just tap the Howling Mine, we have options.

if i remember correctly, tapping the howling mine doesn't turn it "off"
Howling mine and font of mythos are both going in my builds. If you cram the opponents hand full of cards they have no option but to play. Which is when a bit of blue control comes in handy. Bounce back the big creatures to really squeeze their hand. On top of drawing 2-4 cards per turn, itll get out of hand fast for an opponent. All the while you can chuck spells out for nothing with the medallions youre bound to find.

if i remember correctly, tapping the howling mine doesn't turn it "off"

"At the beginning of each player's draw step, if Howling Mine is untapped..."
It's card advantage in the sense that you get to draw FIRST. And then maybe (maybe) you draw something to kill Howling Mine. This happened all the time with that garbage Seizan card. My opponent would play it, I would draw two extra cards on my turn, get Shocked (big deal), and kill it. 

Also, I don't understand why everyone is getting all excited about Chancellor of the Spires. Okay, say it's in your opening hand, and you mill your opponent 7. One, you're now stuck with a 7 drop in your hand, effectively telling your opponent "I mulliganed to 6". Two, it's ETB ability is nice, but I have a feeling a lot of the time it won't really be relevant, and all you're left with is a slightly tougher Mahamoti Djinn

So rewinding, mathwise, if your plan is to mill your opponent out, and they're playing a 60 card deck and kept their opening 7. Think of their life total as 53. Milling them for 7 is getting rid of about 13% of their cards. 13% of 20 life is 2.6. Soooo, almost done here, you keep a 7 drop in your opening hand to basically (rounding up of course) Lightning Bolt your opponent to the dome on turn 1. 

Sorry, that seems pretty poor, even if getting Jace's Phantasm online mayyyybe a turn earlier seems pretty sweet. Pass.
The NEW Mind of Void deck that everyone will only play in 1v1 ranked!  Its like 09 all over again lmao
I personally will be trying this deck as draw spam first just to see how it works. I really want to win by killing someone with Prosperity or Wheel and Deal just for the fun of it.