So Much For Speculation

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
Man, these last two days of "Duels of the Planeswalkers Week" articles on Daily MTG have been horrible. Yeah yeah, planechase mode, manual land tapping mode, planechase mode, iPads, and did I mention planechase mode (now I'm not knocking it, in fact, I plan to play it a lot, but that's all we've really been fed by Wizards so far in this run up to 2013)? 

Now I'm no marketing genius, but no decklist previews, really? Allright team, no M13 spoilers until the day it's released, got it? Hey, let's not show any previews of The Dark Knight until the day it opens, got it? And on and on.

Okay, it is kind of cool that tomorrow we're all going in [mostly] blind to the game as far as decks/cards go, it's even kind of Christmas-y, but man, this whole "build up" from E3 until now, sad. I don't want anyone in marketing to lose their jobs or anything, but I hope somebody does get a stern talking to, or a promotion, since that seems appropriate too.
With you on that. They could ve given us the decklists (1-2 weeks before) without the unlocks, all the decks or some of them. Ah well lets hope one of the Playstation-Players is so nice and give us our decklists.

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

I pretty much concur.  When they spoiled Liliana's core deck, I figured they'd probably do that for all the other five core decks in the game that weren't already known, but no luck.  Haven't had anything to chew on since then.
Honestly, a lot of you guys need to quit b******* about what features are/aren't in the game. Or what about Magic is/isn't doing /what decks aren't overpowered or what decks need help. If you want a true Magic experience, go play the real game, or play M:TG:O. Duels is really strictly based towards new players. Or garnering interest from dabblers who wanna know more about the game. 

I've seen so many threads from you 'hardcores' about wanting 'x' features in the game that I really think you just really need to leave it alone. Stop complaining and let players play for what it is. Regardless of whether or not the features you want to be included as 'gamebreakers' make it in or not.

There's a reason why real Magic exists and why M:tG:O exists. For you seasoned players to get a challenge in actual competition. Not against, the newbies or mediocre players that'll flock to the new game. Most of you guys are pathetic. And that's real. It's just a game, and it's just Magic, so get over your qualms. Really.

I know a lot of you guys are going to attack this post. And some of you guys will understand what I'm trying to say. But most of you expect Magic perfection out of this game and that's just not how this game was developed. Don't care if I get banned, but some of you need a reality check, and I pray that you get that soon, or you'll lead a sorry life. Jus' sayin'.

Have at it wanna be intellectuals.  
Well, that was left-field.

Choose one
[ ] wrong thread
[ ] I needed to bitch about bitching even so...wrong thread
[ ] I dont know what this thread is about

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Is this reality check you speak of part of those pre-order bonuses everyone is up in arms about? Please enlighten me, I do not want to live a sorry life.
I think he took the wrong turn at Albuquerque.
Agree 100%. This game is going to sell a lot of copies yet it seems like the people reponsible for promoting could care less. Like you said I think its actually a good thing. Maybe we wont get an Ancient Depths so early in the games cycle.
Haha Albequerque. 

My post fits the majority of topics here. So maybe I took a wrong turn in the Milky Way? I dunno..

It's a system.

And you're a part of it. Get over it and play the game, or don't play it. Simple as that.

No need to b**** about what they're doing right now 'cause you're disappointed you didn't get your decklist today or didn't get your card in the game.

Seen so many threads alike, it's unbelievable.

Thought I'd be apart of a different community when I joined this site, but you're all like the rest. Selfish people wanting things in the game that are already out there in the world as alternatives. Makes PERFECT sense.

Good day to you sirs, you're all top notch.

(Or should I say good night so you don't attack my grammar as a point to degrade me? I don't know.) 

Wake up before go to work. Thinking about that today the playstation users can play it. Read the two articles and found almost nothing new.... and foremost np decklists for TODAYS (!!!) release. AAA games share information to build up a hype, many games have betatests and indiegames share about what the customers say. But yeah... WotC must ceep their "secret" of the coredeck, where 80% of the cards are the same like last year; and many cards are spoilered anyway in the forums.

But ok, i will remember this insolence next year, if they announced a new DoTP. I will think only: "Ah ok, let's see us on release day, because i don't will get a thrill of anticipation, only frustation". I wonder how silly they could be not hype the game, because hyping for anticipation is a lot of fun for people and the games life from it. Many sales are made today before rlease, because of all pre-orders. Last year they made many things wrong too, but anyway we know something, but yet it's horrible.

The problem with this guys is, they think to much about cards and don't care about gamers. It's all about their physical (imbalanced, unfair, expensive) cardgame, but almost nothing for the digital way. Their MTG:O have a 15 year old engine, and everytime someone of Wizards said that DoTP should bring people to the physical magic cards, i could slap this guy into his face, because it's only money-greed. 

At the and i think it will be a nice game, but yeah i have no anticipation since a week anymore, i don't search for magic cards, don't write much in the forums because of the lack of information and so on, i wait only for the game to play it, not more. Thank you WoTC for this "thrilling experience"...

@SaylaB

I disagree with your post. Intellectual enough for you?

Dear Everyone else,

Who wouldn't mind just gaining a competative edge as far as knowing what kind of card combinations might suit our play styles? I think what mobiuschickenstrips was saying was actually quite interesting and I too wish Stainless and Wizards would have given us a few more bones to chew on before release. It seems we've picked over what they have thrown us and we're hungry for more. All we can do now is wait for word from the PS gamers or for Wednesday.... whichever comes first. (I'm hoping for the PS guys to come through)

On a more serious note. SaylaB I understand your frustrated with everyone wanting more and more and more from the developers but that's what these forums are for. To discuss, to learn, and to realize not everyone cares what everyone else thinks. I must read about 4-5 posts a day saying "That's unacceptable and I'm not gonna buy the game for x reason" and all that bla bla bla bull bla.... well I don't care if they don't buy the game. I don't care what you think. I'm here to learn about what people think of the game that I'm gonna be buying and different play styles based on what information people have gathered. Now if you want to make fun of people here that's your gig, but if you want to get on here and be a jerk about it then you should take your intellectual tantrums elsewhere, cause no one wants to hear you whine.

Just saying (correct spelling by the way, I used spell check Laughing just to be sure)

My post fits the majority of topics here. So maybe I took a wrong turn in the Milky Way? I dunno.. 

The "majority" of topics? You mean the topic pertaining to hype and marketing right? No?

It's a system.

Thanks Mr. Hawking.

And you're a part of it. Get over it and play the game, or don't play it. Simple as that.

I don't understand, so everyone needs to get over the fact that we're currently located in the Milky Way, and play 2013, or don't. What?

No need to b**** about what they're doing right now 'cause you're disappointed you didn't get your decklist today or didn't get your card in the game.

Who are "they"? Were you some extra in the X-Files at one time? As far as disappointment goes, it's more confusion than disappointment that nobody really knows the majority of cards that are going to be in the game, especially considering it's Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 WEEK, not just Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 RELEASE WEEK. And nobody here was really talking about specific cards, or if they were, they were usuing reallllly small font. Look at it this way, let's say Forza 5 comes out tomorrow, and today we only knew 3 of the 100s of cars you could drive in that game. Just on gut feeling alone, not even getting all "wannabe intellectual" about it, that certainly doesn't seem right, does it?

Yes, you probably have seen so many threads, and one day you'll even be able to tell them apart! Keep practicing that reading comprehension! I believe in you!

Thought I'd be apart of a different community when I joined this site, but you're all like the rest. Selfish people wanting things in the game that are already out there in the world as alternatives. Makes PERFECT sense. 

Whew, my head is spinning. Let's see if I can keep going. So wanting something in a game makes someone selfish? How so? Am I able to hoard this feature all to myself? Cool! Okay, now I'm winded, I can't even touch this whole "alternatives" discussion.

Good day to you sirs, you're all top notch. 

Good day to you too!

(Or should I say good night so you don't attack my grammar as a point to degrade me? I don't know.)

I don't think night and day are going to be reasons for someone to attack your grammar, and I don't think anyone should do it as a point to degrade you, but to degrade your point, sure. I wouldn't degrade you, you seem like a swell guy. You've just shown me the message board equivalent of a failed suicide bombing. Thanks! 
+1 for mobius
didn't they also preview all the decklists for 2012?

at least I found the new images for the promo cards -> Serra Avatar in my case
mtg-realm.blogspot.co.at/2012/06/dotp-20...

well if they dont post the deck list today hopefully theres a diffrent ps guy to post it cause im gonna be honest im not posting nothing cause ill be too busy playing 
-1 for mobius
Not sure why he'd even bother responding to that irrational poster.

As for the decklists - hard to say I'm not surprised we didn't get any info... hopefully Sabercat dude hooks us up today. Laughing

IMAGE(http://i46.tinypic.com/2b5wr5.jpg)

-1 for mobius
As for the decklists - hard to say I'm not surprised we didn't get any info... hopefully Sabercat dude hooks us up today.

We all love WOTC but as to how they act, nobody would be suprised as we know how it went last year (it was much better though).

But I think we all got fooled (again) by our lovely and only communication with WOTC Microbles that on this forum said 4 months ago:

"I have been working with Robvalue to make some changes about how we communicate with you in the future and I hope that with taking this first step we can communicate much much more on future projects...".

So why shouldn't we believe that we'll get much much more information, not much much less than the year before?

There are many valid questions on this forum that need answering, not just useless rant. If they believe that communicating with customers is not good for their bussiness, that's their choice, even if they're wrong.

But somebody at the WOTC should have guts and admit that it's their policy to not comunicate with their customers and keep them as much in the dark as possible, instead of making empty statements.

And to be fair, there were also some good signs, showing that it's going in the right directions, like:
Confirming manual land tapping, confirming end step, posting ipad screens, asking community what'll be their preorder reward of choice
So maybe there's still hope

But I think we all got fooled (again) by our lovely and only communication with WOTC Microbles that on this forum said 4 months ago:

"I have been working with Robvalue to make some changes about how we communicate with you in the future and I hope that with taking this first step we can communicate much much more on future projects...".

So why shouldn't we believe that we'll get much much more information, not much much less than the year before?

Yeah, I am curious when this improved communication will occur as well.  So far the majority of all information regarding 2013 has been provided by the community, not by Microbless/Wizards.  Perhaps he meant 2014 when he stated future projects?
"Future" is a broad term, you know? ;)
+1 for mobius
didn't they also preview all the decklists for 2012?

at least I found the new images for the promo cards -> Serra Avatar in my case
mtg-realm.blogspot.co.at/2012/06/dotp-20...

No, I remember because last year I was the one who copied over a bunch of decks from ps3 the night of release. About 5/6 coredecks were deduced from screen**** and previews and such.
I believe that the problem of not previewing cards comes from the fact that Wotc does not want to spol cards from the next Core set (cards) and as there are alot of them in this game they want to keep them a secret. This did not play out as intended as some poeple that had acces to the media demo spoiled all the cards they saw. 

Yes, you probably have seen so many threads, and one day you'll even be able to tell them apart! Keep practicing that reading comprehension! I believe in you!

Hilarious and justified. Perfect answer :D
So apart from that guy getting flamed by colonel sanders, are there any new cards we know of? Or do we have to wait until splattercat posts everything from PS3?
170 out of 249 of the cards from M13 have already been spoiled. If they were that worried, they could have given us the bare lists of all the decks and kept the unlocks secret. 
That's just it! Officialy they have spoiled only 48 cards plus basic lands. The majority of other spoils came directly from Duels. Look at the offical spoiler there is alot less cards there.

Edit: Plus they write their articles weeks in advance and do not know which of the cards have been spoiled when the article goes live. They just write with what they got. 
Here are four of them if you haven't already seen 'em. Hope this helps curb your appetite.   

www.toptiertactics.com/2012/06/duels-of-...
Sign In to post comments