PEACH my Bridge from Below deck

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
So my concern with this deck is that I'm pulling in a few too many directions, rather than simply focusing on one particular strength

Basically it takes the standard bridge from below, narcomoeba, ichorid with dredgers  and that who deck and adds laboratory maniac, grindstone, and painter's servant with the hopes of adding two additional wincons with just 3(+ if I need more grindstones or fetches) more cards.  Working on the assumption that I can't get through to somebody, or they keep popping the bridges, the goal is to simply start throwing cards into my graveyard, pull out the painter's servant and grindstone and grind them up, and if that option is also countered, just grind my own deck and pull the maniac out for the win (with dread return) for all of those

The idea actually started as a laboratory maniac deck first, but as I started adding more and more standard cards for a bridge, I figured I would adjust the focus of the deck since that's obviously a stronger archetype.  

Right now I guess my main question is what would be the most reliable way for me to get out a grindstone into play (assuming that I've dredged them all), but general advice is also much appreciated

EDIT: leonin squire seems like a decent way to pull out the grindstone, then I just cast it for 1? Any better ideas?

EDIT:  super rough decklist, landbase is still entirely basic

4x golgari grave-troll
4x narcomoeba
4x bridge from below
4x dread return
4x ichorid
1x laboratory maniac
1x painter's servant
1x leonin squire
1x grindstone
4x darkblast
3x stinkweed imp
4x careful study
4x deep analysis
10x swamp
11x island

It does sound a bit stretched for directions, but a decklist would help the evaluation considerably. 
Hey diddle diddle, the cat and the fiddle, the cow jumped over the moon. The little dog laughed to see such sport, And the Dish ran away with the Spoon. He ran from conviction, and fed his addiction as the Dish heated the Spoon... The Spoon begged to go, but the Dish shouted : "NO!!" "The heroin will be ready soon!" "Any time doing the right thing is funny as hell, it's probably Chaotic Good." IMAGE(http://i46.tinypic.com/2jcu9fs.png)
I'll draft up a super rough one, I just didn't post it because I haven't tested the numbers at all yet
We brought up a similar idea in another thread, and if you're going to mill your entire library, you should just have a small combo package that autowins, such as 2x Dread Return, Lord of Extinction, Flayer of the Hatebound.

Enlightened Tutor seems necessary as a 4-of since it tutors both pieces of the combo. 
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
We brought up a similar idea in another thread, and if you're going to mill your entire library, you should just have a small combo package that autowins, such as 2x Dread Return, Lord of Extinction, Flayer of the Hatebound.

Enlightened Tutor seems necessary as a 4-of since it tutors both pieces of the combo. 

Whilst you may not need it; 
Having something to stop a Tormod's Crypt just nuking your graveyard could be useful - Ancient Grudge maybe?
I'm with SereneChaos.  Find that older thread (I think it was a couple of weeks ago).  There were a few budget ideas in there as well as a full-blown list.  I beleive there were a few more combo pieces as well.  If memory serves me, The Mimeoplasm, Murderous Redcap and Maga, Traitor to Mortals were other combo pieces.

@slave:  Ancient Grudge doesn't do anything to a Tormod's Crypt other than forces the player to blow it.
I'm with SereneChaos.  Find that older thread (I think it was a couple of weeks ago).  There were a few budget ideas in there as well as a full-blown list.  I beleive there were a few more combo pieces as well.  If memory serves me, The Mimeoplasm, Murderous Redcap and Maga, Traitor to Mortals were other combo pieces.

@slave:  Ancient Grudge doesn't do anything to a Tormod's Crypt other than forces the player to blow it.

That was really in discussing possible combos. I wouldn't weigh the deck down with more than 1 or 2 wins.

Also, Grudge is perfect against Crypt because it forces the pop. Oh, you want to get all 3 Narcies? Sorry, you get 1. And I'm going to Journey that one. 
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
The Lab Maniac kill condition is never going to work. You'd have to use two DR and have four mana available to kill them (one to play Grindstone, three to activate it). If you've reached a game state that you can play two DR, then why not just kill them with Flayer of the Hatebound and Golgari Grave-Troll?

Plus, if you're going to rely heavily on DR, you need more free dudes so you can actually cast it. Nether Shadow is definitely your best bet, but Ashen Ghoul and Bloodghast can work as well.

This is a strictly worse Dredge deck, as is. You only have one reliable first turn play in Study. I see Darkblast is in there too, but 1) you'd need a creature to hit with it and 2) you'd have to draw one of your 10 Swamps. You'll feel really lucky any time that happens, which means it is an inconsistent choice. Those should be Golgari Thug because he dredges for an extra card. Additionally, he can put your Narcomoeba, Lab Maniac and/or Painter's Servant back on top of your library to draw naturally them next turn. However, you'd have to add Cabal Therapy to reliably sac him, but Therapy should be in the deck anyways. It's by FAR the best way to abuse BfB.

I don't know how to make this deck work, because I think you'll just end up playing Dredge by the time I'm done critiquing it.

And no Lion's Eye Diamond or Faithless Looting is also wrong. I don't know. Just play Dredge lol.

A while ago, somebody played a Dredge deck with 4 Painter's Servant, 4 Grindstone, and 4 Enlightened Tutor in their sideboard. That's probably the best way to incorporate the combo into the deck. Your opponent will bring in graveyard hate, and you blow them out with Painter's Stone. WIN!