Boros Battle Cry Deck

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Kingofgames01 a.k.a. Dr.Kog I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Quotes
112912639 wrote:
111004049 wrote:
111489681 wrote:
Be on later, pumping iron now
Pimping Irene? Poor Irene! Why can't you just leave that poor girl alone? She didn't ask for ANY of this!
Yeah she did. Did you see what she wore? Purple *graped*
Any particular reason you aren't running accorder paladin?

I would also consider hero of oxid ridge versus lingering souls
100th post 29/01/12 500th post 19/05/12 1000th post 19/07/12 How many planeswalkers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Show
Better question, what does Nicol Bolas want with the lightbulb?
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/25ceed5d20286936a2014d5e9a9026d2.jpg?v=90000)
...Versus Lingering Souls? Do you mean Hero of Bladehold? As for the Paladin, I'll have to cram him in here somewhere.
Kingofgames01 a.k.a. Dr.Kog I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Quotes
112912639 wrote:
111004049 wrote:
111489681 wrote:
Be on later, pumping iron now
Pimping Irene? Poor Irene! Why can't you just leave that poor girl alone? She didn't ask for ANY of this!
Yeah she did. Did you see what she wore? Purple *graped*
...Versus Lingering Souls? Do you mean Hero of Bladehold? As for the Paladin, I'll have to cram him in here somewhere.

No, he meant if someone is playing cards like lingering souls or other token producers, hero of oxid ridge says they cannot block.  Bascially says your opponent can't chump block you.
Battle cry rewards you for dropping a lot of little guys fast, it works best is more aggressive strategies. The creatures at 5 mana and up are probably too expensive for that plan, as well as the zenith. I am also not a fan of maindecked Naturalize effects that are not on a body like Viridian Zealot, as they are often dead against decks that do not run artifacts or enchantments.

You could also cut the expensive sunhome for Contested War Zone or Slayer's Stronghold, its pricy for a faster deck.

Now, if you want to keep your angel and go a slower route, I suggest running more token cards or something to keep you from running out of steam.  Stuff like Mask of Memory or Mentor of the Meek can keep you going, and Mobilization or Elspeth, knight-errant can keep you attacking with battle cry buffed guys.