18/6 - (New/Old) Cards in the Decks

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
So new complete decklists again? Frown

Well at least some new (old) confirmed cards for DoTP 13:

1. Explore -> Elves?
2. Simplify -> Eves?
3. Thraben Purebloods -> White Weenie/Odric? Gone cut that for sure.
4. Mentor of the Meek -> White Weenie/Odric!
5. Alchemist's Apprentice -> Jace?!
6. Increasing Devotion -> ?
7. Call to Mind -> Jace/Talrand?!
8. Awakening Zone -> Elves?!
9. Overwhelm -> Elves!
10. Rush of Knowledge -> Jace/Talrand?!
11. Sand of Delerium -> Jace!

Source: MTG-Article of the day

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

So new complete decklists again?

Well at least some new (old) confirmed cards for DoTP 13:

1. Explore -> Elves?
2. Simplify -> Eves?
3. Thraben Purebloods -> White Weenie/Odric? Gone cut that for sure.
4. Mentor of the Meek -> White Weenie/Odric!
5. Alchemist's Apprentice -> Jace?!
6. Increasing Devotion -> ?
7. Call to Mind -> Jace/Talrand?!
8. Awakening Zone -> Elves?!
9. Overwhelm -> Elves!
10. Rush of Knowledge -> Jace/Talrand?!
11. Sand of Delerium -> Jace!

Source: MTG-Article of the day

Mana pool!? Yay!
Rhox Faithmender – Magic 2013 rare. The Magic 2013 Core Set prerelease isn't until July 7-8, but you can play Rhox Faithmender before then. It's in Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013, which comes out this week on XBOX Live, PlayStation Network, Steam (for PC) and the iPad App Store!
Thragtusk – Magic 2013 rare. We're previewing Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 this week, which means we're also showing off some Magic 2013 cards that it contains! To see all the Magic 2013 cards that have been officially previewed, consult the Card Image Gallery in the Magic 2013 site!
The card that makes me happy is Awakening Zone. It points to mana pool as averagegamer90 says. Still can't see how they will manage it though.
In what way are the cards in the first post confirmed?  I know it's pretty suggestive, but nothing directly mentioned them being in, or even alluded to it, besides having their artwork on display.
In what way are the cards in the first post confirmed?  I know it's pretty suggestive, but nothing directly mentioned them being in, or even alluded to it, besides having their artwork on display.

They said that last weeks and this weeks spoilers are for Dotp 2013. So its safe to assume that the cards are acutally in the decks. Otherwise one could even doubt that the cards from last week are in the game.

Edit: And the cards are conviently fitting the themes of the decks. We get an Overrun spell who features elves, a millstone and a token producer (soldiers!).

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

What they said was that last week's previews would be in both Duels and Magic 2013.  Everything from this week on is supposed to be from just Magic 2013.

You'll also notice that in every spoiler article on the official site, they still went out of their way to mention that the cards they were previewing were also in the Duels game.

None of that was done in the article from today (18 June); only artwork was displayed in between MaRo's bullet points.  Again, suggestive, but hardly a confirmation. 
What they said was that last week's previews would be in both Duels and Magic 2013.  Everything from this week on is supposed to be from just Magic 2013.

You should read more carefully and then maybe post after you have read it (I kinda dont like being called a liar).

"Starting next week, on June 11, we'll have a Duels 2013 preview week, where every card previewed is in both Magic 2013 and Duels 2013. The week of Duels's release (the week starting June 18) will have no previews except what the decklists from Duels 2013 reveal. Then the week of June 25 will be Magic 2013 Preview Week to wrap up our previews for this upcoming set."

No one's calling you a liar, so there's no need to feel sleighted at all.

I chose poor phrasing for part of what I typed earlier, and so was on one point incorrect.  What I meant was that there won't be any direct previews like last week for this week at all.  Once the Duels deck lists are revealed (which apparently wasn't tonight, alas), we'll see the rest of the new cards from them that are in Magic 2013.

Again, however, merely having artwork from various cards in an article does not guarantee that they will be in either Duels or Magic 2013.  It is suggestive, but not definite.  There is nowhere in that article that it mentions them directly, or even hints at them, besides including them as pictures between bullet points that relate the concepts in the article.  The two cards they actually show (Demolish and Thraben Purebloods) seem more likely, granted, but even those weren't stated to be in; just used as examples.  I do hope you're right, and that it's true, but it is not correct (yet) to say they are confirmed.
No one's calling you a liar, so there's no need to feel sleighted at all.

I chose poor phrasing for part of what I typed earlier, and so was on one point incorrect.  What I meant was that there won't be any direct previews like last week for this week at all.  Once the Duels deck lists are revealed (which apparently wasn't tonight, alas), we'll see the rest of the new cards from them that are in Magic 2013.

Again, however, merely having artwork from various cards in an article does not guarantee that they will be in either Duels or Magic 2013.  It is suggestive, but not definite.  There is nowhere in that article that it mentions them directly, or even hints at them, besides including them as pictures between bullet points that relate the concepts in the article.  The two cards they actually show (Demolish and Thraben Purebloods) seem more likely, granted, but even those weren't stated to be in; just used as examples.  I do hope you're right, and that it's true, but it is not correct (yet) to say they are confirmed.

Lets assume you are right, why would they phrase it that why? "... (the week starting June 18) will have no previews except what the decklists from Duels 2013 reveal." What does he mean with "decklists reveal"? That could either mean whole decklists or single cards (like the ones in the article). And another point is if the game comes out tomorrow where are those previews from the decklists? The third point would be why he chooses to use specific cards from older sets like Zendakir (?) and M11? Why isnt he using similiar cards from M13 or Inn to make his point?

Some pretty great cards there. Mentor of the Meek in particular seems amazing.
Good... but the only question i have is...

Where are the f****ing deckspoilers 2 days before release ???!!!

2 damn days before release we don't know them !!! Thy spoilered all cards before release in papermagic, but why not here ? Must i really go after release into the deckmanager and look at the unlocks for each deck to know something about the game ? I was so excited about this week to get the decklists but all i get is a commercial article how the get new players into magic. Pah, you will never get me in this overexpensive luckgame, where i need other people and time to play it and where i must buy many cardspacks as possible to get something good ! I play DoTP, because it's balanced and mostly fair.

So better stop your damn commercial about new player get to magic and release the decklists, so people here can be excited what we really want: Awesome cards, which make fun to play with them, so we have antipication to get our hands on them !

Calm down, only one day from now. Just create a US account if you don't already have one and keep your fingers crossed for an early release tomorrow.

I don't care about the missing spoilers. If the lists were here, I couldn't resist to take a look, but it actually does take away the fun of unlocking unknown cards. Either way is fine for me.
I don't care about the missing spoilers. If the lists were here, I couldn't resist to take a look, but it actually does take away the fun of unlocking unknown cards. Either way is fine for me.

This

Lets assume you are right, why would they phrase it that why? "... (the week starting June 18) will have no previews except what the decklists from Duels 2013 reveal." What does he mean with "decklists reveal"? That could either mean whole decklists or single cards (like the ones in the article). And another point is if the game comes out tomorrow where are those previews from the decklists? The third point would be why he chooses to use specific cards from older sets like Zendakir (?) and M11? Why isnt he using similiar cards from M13 or Inn to make his point?

There is no question about the phrasing, by definition a decklist means the entire 60 card list of cards in a deck not just a few single cards.
And in earlier articles they confirmed that there is no mana pool in the game so thats further proof that the eldrazi spawn card wouldnt be in.

And the official release day is the 20th thats why we havent got the decklists yet because theyre not counting psn getting it a day early

The article itself wasnt even about Magic2013, the article was about new players getting into magic in general thats why they showed those cards from older sets. They only referenced magic2013 about 2 times just to say it was a good place to start learning.