what are your standards when you play?

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
for me i dont play 3 or 4 ffa cause usally its two people who work with each other and get their rank up.Also when i play 2hg i dont play against splitscreens and if no one is online i dont have people who dont speak english be on my team or if they dont have a mic. Some might say this is picky but lets be honest usally people with no mics usally suck just saying
for me i dont play 3 or 4 ffa cause usally its two people who work with each other and get their rank up.Also when i play 2hg i dont play against splitscreens and if no one is online i dont have people who dont speak english be on my team or if they dont have a mic. Some might say this is picky but lets be honest usally people with no mics usally suck just saying

I don't think its a fair assessment to say that people who don't buy a mic suck at a game. Do people who don't buy shoes suck at walking?
Of course a mic would be ideal in 2hg, coordinate plays, I understand.
I never liked 4 ffa for that exact reason, because it's never truly a ffa.
well i play on ps3 and would say about 80% of people with no mics suck they dont know what their doing and/or they will quit on you when you have 10 life or less even tho you can come back and win 
The only thing I don't play much is 2p. For some reason the servers don't pay attention to my 2p games, and it demotivated me.
3 & 4p FFA's are mostly a political game. Some do have tag teams, but you can easily avoid that by playing only with friends. And then it's more about who can look scary enough to leave alone while prodding their opposition to kill each other off. I enjoy the additional mental challenge.

I understand avoiding split screen games. They are the most likely to try double decking, in my experience. However, I will never play with a random partner, for all the reasons listed here and more. So if I want to play 2hd and don't have a friend to play with, I'll run both controllers myself. Without double decking.
Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.
You know I've played several 4 player FFA games and I never noticed tag teams at all. Maybe I've just been picking good groups.
Tho Shall not double deck.
Tho shall not play agaisnt double grave whispers "auto concede"
Tho shall not use Knights\Blue+green\Auramancer\grave whispers "there far to over used"
Tho shall not play abilitys in my openents main phase purposly trying to end it.
Tho shall not team up in 4 way FFA. "then concede" teaming up is fine in the moment it can be good tactics.
Tho shall not purposlly try and wait out my openets when im loosing to make them conecede.

I lay down these here today not as laws but as a way of life spread the word everyone on how not to be a **** while play Magic <3

Also sorry for spelling+grama :P
- Double Decking is a no no.
- I will not play Beknighted, for it is has no honor.
- I will not play Illusions next to Whispers or Depths outside Ranked.
- If someone is land screwed for more thant three turns and I am not, I think I will concede the match outside of Ranked.
- If my deck loses to land/spell screw, I will only rematch it once, losing three times with a deck (that should be good in the matchup) is pretty bad for morale.
I don't know, double decking can be annoying but decks have weaknesses and when you double deck you aren't covering said weaknesses. I don't find it so good that the strategy is a must and if it isn't a must then it is fair game, in my opinion. Beknighted can be a pain to face, but it really lacks good removal. I prefer playing March to War over Beknighted. The zombie deck can also be a pain because it has strong removal and spells in general, but it doesn't have great creatures- outside of Grave Titan and Skinrender.
So, I guess outside of exploiting bugs and cheating, I don't find anything the game allows to be against my standards. I think you would all withdraw your claims if decks were picked and revealed one by one, maybe in an ABBA pattern, in 2hg. I don't mind that they are not, but double decking would certainly be less viable in that scenario.

TL;DR: My standards are don't be a ****. 
I got turned off FFA in the first DotP after getting teamed up on from the start of the game by guys who were co-ordinating, multiple times. In 2012 I play 2HG and found the most effective way to avoid double decking was to not play against any private teams.

As to my own team-mate I'll take anybody, except those who try to make 2HG a 3 vs 1. That earns an auto-concede.
I don't know, double decking can be annoying but decks have weaknesses and when you double deck you aren't covering said weaknesses.

There are no weaknesses in double ROI, and very few, if any, weaknesses in double GW or GotW. On the contrary, they combo together better than any other deck can. 8 Krovikan mists and 10 cancels = a quick victory.
Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.
Thankfully DoTP will stop double decking, hopefully Stainless impliments a "attack to the left" in the future iterations (for FFA) of DoTP and has a way of making sure that people on each others friends list can't join public matches with friends but can join private games or at the very least have them not able to sit next to each other to stop them from "not attacking on purpose".
Thankfully DoTP will stop double decking, hopefully Stainless impliments a "attack to the left" in the future iterations (for FFA) of DoTP and has a way of making sure that people on each others friends list can't join public matches with friends but can join private games or at the very least have them not able to sit next to each other to stop them from "not attacking on purpose".

Is "attack left" a very common FFA playstyle? Most of the groups I met in real life never considered it when the table only has 4 or less players.

Is "attack left" a very common FFA playstyle? Most of the groups I met in real life never considered it when the table only has 4 or less players.

I am not sure if its popular outside of my local area but when we play FFA or EDH we have an "attack to the left" this is to stop ganging up as some players mainly myself and another player was constantly being attacked and ganged up on, so we agreed with the other players playing, that to make the game fun for all and fair for all we would impliment a "attack to the left" house rule but spells and abilities can go anywhwere.

I am not sure if its popular outside of my local area but when we play FFA or EDH we have an "attack to the left" this is to stop ganging up as some players mainly myself and another player was constantly being attacked and ganged up on, so we agreed with the other players playing, that to make the game fun for all and fair for all we would impliment a "attack to the left" house rule but spells and abilities can go anywhwere.

If u don't understand what FREE FOR ALL means, then maybe u shouldn't be playing it.

Frankly I think 3 player is a bore! 9/10 matches it's 2 vs 1 > then 1 on 1.

At least in 4 player, u can get 2 vs 2. The biggest problem though with 2012's ffa (4 player) was the starting HP. starting at 20 hp in 4 player is just horrid! Especially with all the argo decks like welding steal could kill u by turn 5. Most of us that came over from '09 to play 2012 never understood the need to make HP a static 20!!  When facing teams, that'll be the death of you if you're playing a slow deck (EG: dark heavens). Or double ancient deaths; with all it's ramp, and big chr, life gain, cc, and and mass polymorph, and replacation. When u play agents 2 of them, with a slow build deck, you wont win, not with 20 HP.
@Matsumoto,

If everyone has agreed to attacking left in that particular match, then why do you have a problem with it?  I don't see what the big deal is and it's a different way to play that type of match.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Gentlemen's agreement and this game dont go in one sentence But seriously if it's not implemented I would be suprised if people would actually play FFA left attack unless you play with people you know.
Lastnight I played a few 2HG matches against a splitscreen opponent.

He was playing what I assumed was an almost pure-enchantment Ajani's deck, and Beknighted. My team mate/friend was playing march to war all four games, and I played Vampires, Ajani, Chandra, and GK (I can't for the life of me remember all the silly deck names), in that order. We lost, won, lost and won again. My opponents strategy was simple. Get a knight out, and buff the crud out of it. The second time he won was due to a turn 3 knight exemplar that immediately got hexproof thanks to ajani. Super cheap.

Basically my standards are pretty much play only with friends/trustworthy people. If not for everyone in the game, at least for my partner.

Also, I only play FFA matches against friends, and usually its 4 player, and is more of an interactive chat room than anything else.