What the first thing/deck you are going to test out/play as soon...

45 posts / 0 new
Last post
as the game comes out?

Are you going to join some multiplayer games or unlock some cards in singleplayer first? Planechase?

I am going to unlock the Jace deck first and then  hopeing to find a Planechase game (hope its not like 012 FFA where you had like 1 game open once in a lifetime). Cool

btw. Where do you add signatures? Didnt find anything in the profil.

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

I will try to unlock everything first, the first deck i wanna unlock is the mill deck and the goblin deck.

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

Pack Instinct, for sure.  I've been waiting for a good, true green deck (Treefolk was good, but mostly just played more like another tribal deck than a big, stompy green deck) since the first game, and PI looks like it's finally the one.
Unlock both mono-blue decks, starting with Talrand's, simply because it's available early on.
Exalted and Lifegain next.

The other 6 decks didn't impress me so far in terms of interesting mechanics or win conditions. Garruk's looks mighty powerful, but boo is it boring. I have some hope for the other green deck though.
Since the game comes with 2 decks to play - we don't really have a choice at the begining

Later I plan to unlock all of the decks mostly againts the AI. 
Since the game comes with 2 decks to play - we don't really have a choice at the begining

Later I plan to unlock all of the decks mostly againts the AI. 

Damm you are correct, so i guess it will be Ajani's and Garruk's decks.

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

Totally unlocking all the decks through single player then probably team up for some 2HG to unlock some cards and I can't help but be intrigued by planechase so that will have to be on the list of "to do's"

The deck I'm most interested in right now has got to be the goblin deck. I'm hoping for a goblin lackey in the mix. It would definately give that deck an explosive tempo.

I am glad that they finally gave green's deck some kahunas. It was pretty much a punching bag before. Mono-black is starting to look a bit wimpy this time. Cry
I'm just hoping that 2HG on the Xbox has partner invites / private slots this time.
I plan on going through the whole campaign with pack instinct to unlock everything.
Then pick a deck that looks fun, and play through campaign again.
Depending how Liliana's looks with unlocks, it could very well be hers. Or it could be the mill deck. Ill be spending most of my time in it offline in single player for awhile.
I plan on unlocking 1 full deck a day minimum until they are all unlocked.

Playing the Goblins deck. Always loved the little critters. The only Tribal I like more is Slivers.

Well... TBH I'll probably start offline modding the game instead. 
Play the point of the suntail hawk challenge, unlock all decks I have by doing that challenge over and over. Get to next unlock deck, go back to hawks. Rinse and repeat until all decks unlocked/campaign finished.

Go online and play 1v1 cycling through all 10 decks to get a feel for everything (unranked), then start grinding away on ranked 1v1 with a little Planechase thrown in.
OMG that sounds so tedious and boring... I'm sorry but unlocking cards this way makes my insides cry. I'd rather have it out in real competition against real people online. I know I'll take my lumps but I'd rather learn what works and what doesn't first hand. The AI is always so dumb that I don't think I could rehash that same suntail hawk garbage for anymore than I have to get the achievement for puzzle/encounter completion.

Sidenote: Watching Wingspantt's video was almost enough that they should give you the completion of it just for watching... painfully boring
Eh, to each his own. I'm excited to play with fully-unlocked fine-tuned decks, and I'll slog through a bit of tedium to get there.
Play the point of the suntail hawk challenge, unlock all decks I have by doing that challenge over and over. Get to next unlock deck, go back to hawks. Rinse and repeat until all decks unlocked/campaign finished.

Go online and play 1v1 cycling through all 10 decks to get a feel for everything (unranked), then start grinding away on ranked 1v1 with a little Planechase thrown in.

If there are any badly designed decks in this game( it actually looks like there isn't this time around) like trinity or cloudburst, I will definitely unlock that deck through that challenge.
I'll resort to this after singleplayer completion on planeswalker aswell I guess. With very limited time at my disposal, I wanna jump into multiplayer with complete lists asap. It's not like the AI will ever teach me something useful and I'll still see my own hands unfold by taking guaranteed wins against hawks.
I will play all challenges/puzzles/campaign first and unlock all the decks. I know some of the encounters are weak but I will still enjoy them. I really enjoy card grinding and wish there were more of it!
Eh, to each his own. I'm excited to play with fully-unlocked fine-tuned decks, and I'll slog through a bit of tedium to get there.

Glad u're willing to do that.

Personally I'd rather there was no campaign at all, and we could just pick a deck we'd like to play, and play it, maybe forcing us to unlock cards in the process. I feel it's a bit rude to force us to do something that most of us don't even enjoy doing! IE: using garrecks deck to force us to unlock the next few decks. 

It'll make the game alot easier for them to build, and more P(layer) verus P(layer) environments they could implement. If they didn't force us through tedious game campaigns.

They could spend more time on adding in more content that ppl would like to play; challenges, deck's/builds, archenemy, planechase, commander (I'm sure ppl would like this for dotp), and they could focus more on card interactions.
I'll do my usual ritual for this game. Campaign, challenges, and then fully unlock two decks before jumping online. I dislike jumping into the real competition without a full arsenal, and I like to have a backup deck ready in case I'm having a bad night or am getting bored. After that it's whatever I feel like between unlocking more cards or making a fool of myself online.
Depens on if I can get my account info to work, cause my PS isn't working.
But I plan to open the decks (campaign, cause we have no choice in the matter "thx stainless.">.<).

Then try to find a buddy to consided matches to me to unlock cards. Or maybe set up custom matches, and play to win...that's how I unlocked knights, trinity, dark heavens: using custom match archenemy. (because I wasn't actively playing when those decks where introduced) 
Jace. My favorite deck from 09 was Mind of Void and I've been quite excited for Jace's deck since finding out he was going to be a mill deck. After that, most likely the Exalted deck.

Well I will sort through the menu first. See the new things, look at the new tutorial to see what they have done with it this time. Then play single player until I have all the decks available, play challenges in the meantime, maybe grind a little more for more unlocks and then jump online.

im going to options first setting it to advance liek no hints,mana tap ect then beat campign then online or unlock decks but looking foward to goblin ,jace,and the exalted deck
Jace. My favorite deck from 09 was Mind of Void and I've been quite excited for Jace's deck since finding out he was going to be a mill deck. After that, most likely the Exalted deck.

I hope Jace has some very good stall cards. I'm afraid Garruk will walk right over him, way before he's close to being decked. I can't even imagine what a sufficient defense would look like. Terra Stomper beats counterspells, is bigger than a wall and tramples. Other creatures are equally hard to get rid of and although you can buy time with bounce, milling somebody takes quite some time and he needs just 1-2 beefy attacks to finish it.
The speed of Jace's deck will determine its tier very much. If it has cards like Hedron Crab and the new 1-2 CMC mill cards, it will be top tier again for sure.

But I would hate it if Jace gets another fast deck again, it is against blue in general to be fast.
Unlock all the decks offline, hopefully unlocking jace's deck first. Then when the games 100% complete, challenges and all, ill go pwn some noobs online

Well I will sort through the menu first. See the new things, look at the new tutorial to see what they have done with it this time. Then play single player until I have all the decks available, play challenges in the meantime, maybe grind a little more for more unlocks and then jump online.

Pretty much the same. I think I'll play through all the offline modes while cycling through the decks to get a feel for all of them and unlock stuff in the process.
Goblins definitly goblins. If cards like goblin piledriver and siege-gang commander are just in the base deck then i am syced to see what the 30 unlocks will unveil.
I will try not to look at what i am going to get :P.
I am White/Black
I am White/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and selfish. I act mostly for my own benefit, but I respect and help my community - Specially when it helps me. At best, I'm loyal and dedicated; at worst, I'm elitist and shrewd.
I'll play Gobo's 1st as they're my favourite aggro tribe. Lots of people seem to be excited for the mill deck, I'm glad they added a mill deck, however I'm afraid alot of noobs will be running 100 card decks and milling them might be quite a challenge.
I want to unlock every card for Pack Instinct first. It seems like a strong and well constructed deck and that's what I always wanted for a mono :G: Garruk deck.

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

Heres hoping that most ppl dont play the same thing like 2012.  But I would be interested in Jaces mil deck. 
I'll play Gobo's 1st as they're my favourite aggro tribe. Lots of people seem to be excited for the mill deck, I'm glad they added a mill deck, however I'm afraid alot of noobs will be running 100 card decks and milling them might be quite a challenge.

Yeah, I honestly think this will be a problem. However if a new player runs all 100 cards, chances are he is going to make mistakes that you can take advantage of during play.
Don't worry about bad players making their deck fatter when playing mill. That's when you beat them over the head with creatures and their bloated deck loses to itself.
I can only imagine Jace's deck will be running at least some number of his namesake phantasm. Good like finding a relevant and timely answer to that 100 card decks (and doesn't it sting all the more when they do?)

Yeah, I honestly think this will be a problem. However if a new player runs all 100 cards, chances are he is going to make mistakes that you can take advantage of during play.

Maybe it got a Traumatize just for that. Smile

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

I have it in my head that I want to jump into multiplayer almost immediately, but I'll probably unlock all the decks first. I'll probably stick with tarland's for a while, then move onto the b/w exalted deck. Of course, that's just my plan, it'll probably end up being way less organized and I'll just end up doing whatever
I already did what I'm doing first with DotP.

I have the next four nights off (which is like, super-rare), so I called my boss and said "I know I don't work Tuesday night, but I just wanted to let you know, I'm not working Tuesday night. Just in case you have some irresistable urge to call me in. Don't bother. It will only end in tears."

I have no time for grinding in games anymore. It's simply a waste of your life, and now with things like the deck unlock keys and Battlefield 3's paid unlocks, nothing more than a scam to make more money from people with better things to be doing. I remember a time when you could jump straight into a fully featured MP and have a laugh, and all the unlocks were unnecessary easter eggs and visual customisation options - a much better time.

Just....be nice in how you say it. A lot of people have shown that they do actually enjoy the process of unlocking the decks and you're very close to being derisive by using words like "waste" in conjunction with "life".

Just....be nice in how you say it. A lot of people have shown that they do actually enjoy the process of unlocking the decks and you're very close to being derisive by using words like "waste" in conjunction with "life".

I'm not attacking people for enjoying it , the vast majority of things we do for entertainment are just passing time doing something pointless we enjoy, however grinding is not one I enjoy.

Some games like World of Warcraft are built entirely on the concept of grinding, fair play to people who like it - I'm not judging, but grinding it is, and in my opinion grinding is a waste of time and a way to pad out the experience, often at the expense of fun or substance, and more lately a way to scam money off people who think the same way I do by selling shortcuts.

Fair 'nuff.
If unlocks and grinding were done here in a way of a booster pack/random card unlock where you're not guaranteed to get what you want and may get repeat unlocks like Mass Effect 3 then I would not like it, but here you're guaranteed to get the next unlock until you have everything. To each their own since I will say some decks are not fun to unlock (Trinity of Elements and Cloudburst).

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
Those who break the rules are considered scum; but those who would betray and abandon even one of their friends, are worst than scum(Kakashi Hatake/Originally Obito Uchiha/Tobi).
I just find it a chore to be honest.

The fun to me comes from customisation and competitive MP, and to do both I need the full deck asap.

Mass Effect 3 is the perfect example of a game ruined by the grind. Although I could Gold it pretty consistently on all maps and all enemies (though the Geth and the tiny lab were struggles if your team had randoms in it) but the random rewards and endless repetition of appearance packs despite maxing them out made me utterly sick of it and I traded it in.

If it would have had a logical progression system, or better still full customisation from the outset, i'd have been game. Instead they made the worst grinding system ever and then put a (frankly extortionate) pay option in front of it too. Disgusting.

Similarly/by contrast (whichever you prefer) WWE '12 was incredibly grindey. Unlocking things through Road to Wrestlemania was painful. At launch though, they offered a 0.99¢ "unlock everything in the game" purchase. Now, this is of course in accordance with both your disilkes, grindy gameplay and pay to unlock, but on the whole? .99¢ is so totally worth it for WWE '12.
THAT was the first thing I did with that game.

Duels though, I feel is different. I'm not in any all-fired rush to get everything unlocked, and honestly? I found more bugs in 2012 by unlocking cards than any other time I played it (esp. Trinity of Elements).
I found more bugs in 2012 by unlocking cards than any other time I played it (esp. Trinity of Elements).

Yeah, I had this experience as well which I suppose is a good thing. Someone has to find them and better sooner than later assuming it's on cards people might not use regularly.