Modern & Futuristic Weapons and gear

Will there be modern and futuristic weapons and equipment like in all of the editions up to 4E which in my opinion did not live up to my expectations and caused my campain design to stall. I have this great concept but every time the rules change something always feels wrong. Either the futuristic equipment does not fit my design or the modern equipment just is not there. 

So i'm wondering will there be futuristic and modern  weapons & equipment in D&D next?
Will there be modern and futuristic weapons and equipment like in all of the editions up to 4E which in my opinion did not live up to my expectations and caused my campain design to stall. I have this great concept but every time the rules change something always feels wrong. Either the futuristic equipment does not fit my design or the modern equipment just is not there. 

So i'm wondering will there be futuristic and modern  weapons & equipment in D&D next?

Well, the stuff does sort of exist!  There have many many D20 Modern -> 4e conversions on the web and UltraModern4 (WHICH IS AWESOME), plus Gamma World had a lot of great stuff.  If 5e takes off quite well, I don't see why they can't make multi-genre modules like modern, sci-fi, and the like.

An undead spectre occasionally returning to remind the fandom of its grim existence.

Some good pointers for the fellow hobbyist!:

• KEEP D&D ALIVE, END EDITION WARS!
  • RESPECT PEOPLES' PREFERENCES
  • JUST ENJOY THE GAME!

You could always gaet a hold of the gamma world stuff. Plenty of 4E friendly future tech there.

as for D&D next, there's so much other stuff that needs a greivous amount of attention that  Id be surprised if they were worried about rules for modern or futuristic technology.

The problem with modern weapons is that they institute massive paradigm shifts in how combat is done, for example the flamethrower and the machine gun, are both somewhat difficult using the same rules as swords and bows. 
This is exactly the sort of thing which is perfect for a module, possibly even several modules.

The metagame is not the game.

and UltraModern4 (WHICH IS AWESOME)

Truefax.

Gold is for the mistress, silver for the maid

Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.

"Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall,

"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of them all." -Kipling

Miss d20 Modern? Take a look at Dias Ex Machina Game's UltraModern 4e!

57019168 wrote:
I am a hero, not a chump.
and UltraModern4 (WHICH IS AWESOME)

Truefax.

...and thank you.
I would like a soucerbook about clockpunk or fantasy technology, but gunfighters are like vacian magic, when all the munition has been spent...what can the do?

(Let´s) Think about it, a monster like a Tyranosaurus rex or a horde of zombies can be killed with modern civil tecnology like explosive TNT or being run over by a truck/lorry.

If a DM would allow firearms... who gamer would choose a hand-to-hand warrior like barbarian or paladin?

Fiding a good balance of power martial artist versus gunfighters isn´t easy. Let´s imagine a counter-strike game with D&D classes.

Point two: If PCs can do it, humanoid monsters too. Be careful if steampunk goblins ride mechas (=giant robots) to fight your PCs.

"Say me what you're showing off for, and I'll say you what you lack!" (Spanish saying)

Book 13 Anaclet 23 Confucius said: "The Superior Man is in harmony but does not follow the crowd. The inferior man follows the crowd, but is not in harmony"

"In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius 

Sign In to post comments