27)[C]Dread Warlock[/C]
28)[C]Nightmare Incursion[/C]
29)[C]Pestilence Demon[/C]
30)[C]Exsanguinate[/C]

[sblock=Cards which are not in Gatherer yet]

Bloodhunter Bat 
Creature – Bat (C)
Flying
When Bloodhunter Bat enters the battlefield, target player loses 2 life and you gain 2 life.
2/2

Liliana’s Shade 
Creature – Shade (C)
When Liliana’s Shade enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a Swamp card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
: Liliana’s Shade gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
1/1

Crippling Blight 
Enchantment - Aura (C)
Enchant creature
Enchanted Creature gets -1/-1 and can't block.

Murder 
Instant (C)
Destroy target creature.

Public Execution 
Instant (U)
Destroy target creature an opponent controls. Each other creature that player controls gets -2/-0 until end of turn.

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

Why do we need 2x of those (exact same) threads? We already post each card 5 times over. Guess I am going to open one too. Tongue Out

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Why do we need 2x of those (exact same) threads? We already post each card 5 times over. Guess I am going to open one too.

Sigh...

Becasue the other one was a spoiler. This one was requested to fit the format of the other "Deck and Strategies" threads.
I suppose this one catches the eye easier with its title. I think we probably should have opened "speculation" threads and then when full decklists were revealed, let those die and recreate the typical strategy and decklist threads we have to discuss the decks and their role in the game. It would be cleaner when posts right after the first post are all about card analysis and deck construction. Now, those first 4/5 deck threads are going to have pages of random discussion of us all gushing over the new information and adding personal card desires.
Heresy. I was gonna open this thread.

Just kidding. I was waiting for the deck name to be revealed, you may have to ask a mod to change thread name later.  
Why do we need 2x of those (exact same) threads? We already post each card 5 times over. Guess I am going to open one too.

Sigh...

Becasue the other one was a spoiler. This one was requested to fit the format of the other "Deck and Strategies" threads.

Isnt that kinda the point of spoilers to discuss the cards/decklists and their implications? At least that was my impression when visting the Future Set Speculation-Forum.

btw. Why dont we have some kind of moderate who can open this threads and ping them to the top?

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Even if the name was revealed later, the thread name isn't that important for information purpose. The content is much more important and the willingness of its owner to update it.

This thread is nicely constructed and Crazytoast has a long time history in this forum. So I don't see any problem with it, but if there is enough dissent, I can change it to another.

Liliana's mono :B: midrange deck from Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013

Lands:
25 [C]Swamp[/C]

Creatures: 19

2 [c]Blister Beetle[/C]
2 [C]Bloodhunter Bat[/C]
2 [C]Crippling Blight[/C]
2 [C]Fume Spitter[/C]
2 [C]Liliana's Shade[/C]
2 [C]Liliana's Specter[/C]
1 [C]Rune-Scarred Demon[/C]
1 [C]Vampire Nighthawk[/C]
2 [C]Veilborn Ghoul[/C]
2 [C]Warpath Ghoul[/C]
1 [C]Xathrid Gorgon[/C]

Sorceries/Instants: 13
1 [C]Corrupt[/C]
1 [C]Innocent Blood[/C]
1 [C]Last Kiss[/C]
1 [C]Mire's Toll[/C]
3 [C]Murder[/C]
2 [C]Public Execution[/C]
1 [C]Rise from the Grave[/C]
2 [C]Sign in Blood[/C]
1 [C]Tendrils of Corruption[/C]

Artifacts: 2
2 [C]Jet Medallion[/C]

Enchantments: 1
1 [C]Underworld Dreams[/C]

Unlocks:

1)[C]Grave Titan[/C]
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)
26)
27)
28)
29)
30)

Can anyone perhaps post what the new spoiled cards stats are? Or link to a good spoiler site? The only spoiled card I've seen so far not in The Gatherer is the Xanthid Gorgon which seems pretty cool, maybe even OP in this format.
Bloodhunter Bat 
Creature – Bat (C)
Flying
When Bloodhunter Bat enters the battlefield, target player loses 2 life and you gain 2 life.
2/2

Liliana’s Shade 
Creature – Shade (C)
When Liliana’s Shade enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a Swamp card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
1/1

Crippling Blight 
Enchantment - Aura (C)
Enchant creature

Murder 
Instant (C)
Destroy target creature.

Public Execution 
Instant (U)
Destroy target creature an opponent controls. Each other creature that player controls gets -2/-0 until end of turn.
Hard to judge this deck atm -  seeing as there's only one unlock and we don't know what some of the cards do right now. However, this is a really good starting base for the deck.

Hope we get some Barter in Blood's to go with Gravecrawler or Reassembling Skeleton.

Would love a Skinrender or two.

Black Cat.

-----------------

Not DotP releated - but I love the new Liliana. Amazing art and love the +1.

IMAGE(http://i46.tinypic.com/2b5wr5.jpg)

Public Execution, urgh. That card is beyond bad.

It is supposed to work against aggro weenie. But you can only cast it on turn 5-6. And you only buy yourself another turn with it at best case scenario, while the opponent's numerous weenies don't get any lesser. It is a bad card pretty much how you look at it.

Even if the name was revealed later, the thread name isn't that important for information purpose. The content is much more important and the willingness of its owner to update it.
This thread is nicely constructed and Crazytoast has a long time history in this forum. So I don't see any problem with it, but if there is enough dissent, I can change it to another.

OK.

Not DotP releated - but I love the new Liliana. Amazing art and love the +1.

I'm not really a fan of the art, just like I'm not a huge fan of Chandra, the Firebrand art. Something about their faces that turns the whole piece off for me. I like the abilities on the card though.

I'm hoping they finally include Mutilate this time. If they are really pushing swamps-matter with Liliana this time, that's a great card to include for it.
I see it being an attack early, keep opponents board clear, stave off attacks and damage until the big finish kind of deck. 

Quite a few cards that do -1/-1 or 2 damage to creatures. Murder is excellent as well. Also have the Mire's Toll which could be used to make sure your opponent can't drop their game finisher, or finishers. But there is only one in the original, so I'm hoping they come out with a few more.

I could see it doing really well against Crosswinds becuase the size of the creatures and lack of finishing in that deck. Could do well against Goblins as well. I'm not sure how it would do against Pack Instinct though, with all those big creatures, or even Born of Flame, where they could kind of stalemate on creatures, but Chandra has more burn, obviously. Celestial Light should be able to get to a high enough life total to where the black damage spells become kind of irrelevant.
Yeah the faces are a little... off. However looks great in a 1x1 size Avatars we get on here Tongue Out

Mutilate you would almost expect, no? Seems like a perfect fit.

Bloodhunter Bat 
Creature – Bat (C)
Flying
2/2

Liliana’s Shade 
Creature – Shade (C)
1/1

Crippling Blight 
Enchantment - Aura (C)
Enchant creature

Murder 
Instant (C)
Destroy target creature.

Public Execution 
Instant (U)

Thanks Brodo.

What a sorry group of cards Maybe I just don't see it but aside from murder and crippling blight these cards seem pretty overcosted.  Not really sure how effective crippling blight will be either. Public execution might be useful in some trap situations (would've been great against Beknighted- if you could make it to 6cmc) and may be better with medallions on field but yea....

The 4cmc creatures that try to do many things at once to increase value don't really seem to be worthy 4 drops (or maybe even 3 drops with medallion). Maybe if Shade let you put it to field tapped like Ondu Giant and even then Ondu was 2/4 for same price...this thing costs mana to get above 1/1....and Ondu even felt a little overcosted/slow in the AD deck.  Maybe I just don't see the value or the synergy potential without unlocks but for me they'll pobably be getting removed as soon as I start unlocking...
Most are commons, can't expect much. Murder is great as it is removal that isn't dead in the mirror. That was so annoying in past games when we can't sideboard. Crippling Blight is meh, but I could see myself running a copy if weenie aggro was popular. Public Execution looks a little expensive, but could be useful as a single copy at times as a semi-fog by removing the biggest attacker and getting a Turn the Tide on the rest. I would probably ditch it first for cheaper removal though or real sweepers if I want to play monoblack control.

I don't mind Bloodhunter Bat, I think it's actually pretty good. 2/2 flying is already 3 to 4 CMC material at common for black, but this gives an immediate 4 life swing when entering play. That's fine, and it's better in other modes like Planechase where you might end up blinking this or making new copies as seen in wingspantt's Planechase video.

Similar idea with Liliana's Shade, but it's a little on the weak side. I would've loved it at 2/1 maybe, but oh well. Grabbing a swamp when enting play can be huge though, and it's synergistic with itself. If more swamp matter cards show up or even more X spells, I'd probably play this just because it's making not only itself slightly better, but all those other cards better. A cute little way to gain some incremental advantage.
Perhaps I'm missing something, but the core deck seems alot weaker than the other core decks. It of course has a number of nice cards, but as a whole, it seems like it would easily get trampled by the other 4 core decks (yes, even trampled by the lifegain deck, instead of getting outlasted). Anyone agree, or as I said, do I miss something?

Well, hopefully the unlocks make up for it. Grave Titan is already a nice start.
I don't think this deck looks very interesting, but it has some potential, so hopefully some of the unlocks are good. I like the idea of creatures that do things when they're played. I don't have quite the vast knowledge of magic cards as others, but maybe stuff like Skinrender or even Cadaver Imp would be cool. I kind of like the idea of making it a bit like 2012's zombies where you basically don't care if your creatures die cause you'll just get them back and play them again (and have their effects happen all over)
Most are commons, can't expect much. Murder is great as it is removal that isn't dead in the mirror. That was so annoying in past games when we can't sideboard. Crippling Blight is meh, but I could see myself running a copy if weenie aggro was popular. Public Execution looks a little expensive, but could be useful as a single copy at times as a semi-fog by removing the biggest attacker and getting a Turn the Tide on the rest. I would probably ditch it first for cheaper removal though or real sweepers if I want to play monoblack control.

I don't mind Bloodhunter Bat, I think it's actually pretty good. 2/2 flying is already 3 to 4 CMC material at common for black, but this gives an immediate 4 life swing when entering play. That's fine, and it's better in other modes like Planechase where you might end up blinking this or making new copies as seen in wingspantt's Planechase video.

Similar idea with Liliana's Shade, but it's a little on the weak side. I would've loved it at 2/1 maybe, but oh well. Grabbing a swamp when enting play can be huge though, and it's synergistic with itself. If more swamp matter cards show up or even more X spells, I'd probably play this just because it's making not only itself slightly better, but all those other cards better. A cute little way to gain some incremental advantage.

Yea, I meant that murder was the only one I'd probably run assuming the unlocks are good and think about including blight or public execution, the later mostly because of medallions. at 4cmc w/ 2 medallions out it'd be much enticing, though still only getting the effect of two other 2cmc cards essentially.  And that's assuming you draw BOTH medallions. Unlikely, and presumably the unlocks will have cards that will take better advantage of medallions.

I guess I just perfer cheap commons, even if they aren't as effective. There's a part of me that would rather a vanilla 2/2 for 2cmc (i.e. a "bear" card) than either of these cards, and that says a lot because I still hate bears and think they're still overcosted in today's game environment. I'm hoping there'll be better 4drop options as the unlocks get revealed that's all, esp. considering I feel turns 3 and 4 tend to be some of the most important drops mono black can make (not accounting for dark ritual of course...but even still...)
 and they usually have some of their real engine cards at those tiers. I'd hate to waste them on a 2/2 flying bat that has Brush with Death tacked on...(sans buyback)
@Brodo
I updated the list with details of the new M13 cards. Thanks for posting them here.

@True_Believer_02
Hehe, yeah. The name of the deck doesn't really matter and I don't think it hurts the thread to discuss about the known cards and synergies and to speculate about future card unlocks as long as everything belongs to this deck

And no worries, I will ask a moderator to change the title once we know the actual name.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but the core deck seems alot weaker than the other core decks. It of course has a number of nice cards, but as a whole, it seems like it would easily get trampled by the other 4 core decks (yes, even trampled by the lifegain deck, instead of getting outlasted). Anyone agree, or as I said, do I miss something?

Well, hopefully the unlocks make up for it. Grave Titan is already a nice start.

I didn't think Talrand's or Ajani's cores looked very good from the start either. So while this one isn't very cohesive either, it offers a very great base to work with and if this deck ends up with the kind of quality like Garruk's (the only deck we kind of know what the unlocks look like), this deck has a ton of potential.

Yea, I meant that murder was the only one I'd probably run assuming the unlocks are good and think about including blight or public execution, the later mostly because of medallions. at 4cmc w/ 2 medallions out it'd be much enticing, though still only getting the effect of two other 2cmc cards essentially.  And that's assuming you draw BOTH medallions. Unlikely, and presumably the unlocks will have cards that will take better advantage of medallions.

I guess I just perfer cheap commons, even if they aren't as effective. There's a part of me that would rather a vanilla 2/2 for 2cmc (i.e. a "bear" card) than either of these cards, and that says a lot because I still hate bears and think they're still overcosted in today's game environment. I'm hoping there'll be better 4drop options as the unlocks get revealed that's all, esp. considering I feel turns 3 and 4 tend to be some of the most important drops mono black can make (not accounting for dark ritual of course...but even still...)
 and they usually have some of their real engine cards at those tiers. I'd hate to waste them on a 2/2 flying bat that has Brush with Death tacked on...(sans buyback)

I'm just trying to see the bright side of these cards. I don't think think there is anything that's like Bountiful Harvest bad, so I could see myself playing these depending on the game mode and what the unlocks bring. Would I always maindeck these? No, I'll play something that is better, as I'd no doubt play a card like Skinrender over most, if not all of these. However, if I'm looking for a curve filler, I won't feel bad squeezing in the bat or shade if other parts of my deck benefit from it or if the meta is so quick and small enough that having a cheap removal like Crippling Blight can be really effective.

Bump!
and quick note:
Sorry for putting [C]Grave Titan[/C] in the unlocks. I forgot that he was in Nicol Bolas deck and not in Liliana's (looked it up in the trailer again).
I won't be able to update the main post tomorrow. I will do it on wednesday.

Dang, I was actually really happy to see it in there too, hopefully you were right all along though, lets hope for the best.
Dang, I was actually really happy to see it in there too, hopefully you were right all along though, lets hope for the best.

Yeah, maybe we will see him in the unlocks anyway. It's such a good card and would fit very well in a midrange-control build of this deck.

How cool would it be for Bolas to have a 5 color deck with all the Titans!
Give me Harvester of Souls! And Bloodgift Demon again.

[C]Harvester of Souls[/C]...so crazy and underrated! I have seen decks where he was amazing. Card draw engine and good beater combined. [C]Bloodgift Demon[/C] Everyone likes this guy.

I wouldn't mind seeing [C]Demonic Taskmaster[/C] in this deck together with [C]Homicidal Seclusion[/C]! And of course [C]Griselbrand[/C].

I forgot all about Harvester, omg that would be amazing, ugh this is raising my hype and I dont wanna be disappointed lol

Also, look at Dark Heavens

www.wizards.com/magic/digital/duelsofthe...

Its core deck is nowhere near as good as it should be without its unlocks.

We get 10 more unlocks then this (then theres gonna be 10 more in the dlc possibly), the deck will likely be fine, dont sweat it guys.
Public Execution, urgh. That card is beyond bad.

It is supposed to work against aggro weenie. But you can only cast it on turn 5-6. And you only buy yourself another turn with it at best case scenario, while the opponent's numerous weenies don't get any lesser. It is a bad card pretty much how you look at it.

I think the concept of the card is for defensive purposes as it is an instant to allow you to clear a single creature (like a lord) and gang block the remaining attackers as they have reduced power.  I don't think the card is specifically bad but it cetainly does not synergize with the deck.
Bump!

This deck is crazy fun and deserves some love. 

Tough deck to edit - as are all decks I suppose.

How does everyone feel about Nested Ghoul, Crippling Blight (-1-1 can't block), Bloodhunter Bats (2/2 flyer gain/lose 2 life 4cmc)???

I've never been a big fan of Nested Ghoul. Too expensive for a 4/2 that'll pretty much die to anything. Giving a 2/2 after that doesn't make up for it in my opinion. Makes me miss Moan of the Unhallowed if anything. EDIT: Combos with Pestilence Demon a little bit though. Not sure if there are other self inflicting damage sources though.

Crippling Blight is okay at times (depends on the match up), but I've finally cut both the more I continued unlocking. I like Bloodhunter Bat the most here, but I think it also finally hit the chopping block as I'm nearing full completion of the deck unlocks.
Are you keeping 4x Lil's shade plus obviously Nantuko Shade? Dread Warlock?

How are your bombs looking? Halo Hunter is just to well costed to not include. Really not sure on all the 7-9 cmc cards. You would have to have all the fetch shades for sure.

My head is going to explode.

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of 4x Liliana's Shade, but I have been considering dropping to 3 copies. Fairly common for me to rack up a ton of swamps. Running Nantuko Shade as well as he's generally useful. No Dread Warlock though, too fragile for what I want.

Bombs consist of Rune-Scarred Demon and Griselbrand as my main two. Avatar of Woe is I think my number three (besides Corrupt), but I think Reiver Demon or Pestilence Demon would be acceptable here as well. I'm not sure how I feel about going into matches blind with the Reiver Demon though. Be annoying to see him in the black match ups.

I'm pretty content with three of the above, so I think I have another slot open for either Nightmare or Xathrid Gorgon, maybe both. I haven't decided which I really prefer, but I might be leaning towards the nightmare. Solid beater, scales with the swamp hoarding, and "immune" to most creature steal. Turning everything into walls with the Gorgon has its uses though. Some games I just couldn't find an opening so she just stalled while I chipped away with Underworld Dreams.

I'm not sure how I should feel about Veilborn Ghoul. He's seems really nice as a recurring damage dealer and was pretty key in some of my unlocking victories. Can't block doesn't sit right with me though. Also makes me wish there was a sideboard option now, as I like putting him in for the Jace match up. Can do it offline obviously, but I don't know if I should consider him for online purposes.
I think I'm going to stick with Pest Demon over Reiver as it's probably more consistently dangereous. I'll throw a Warlock in over a Underworld Dreams. The Gorgan just has too much flavor not to include, not to mention it's actually really good. Avatar seems like a must. Griselbrand is boss.

Veilborn not being able to block is just to much for me, which is why I asked about the Nested Ghoul? Might work out better with our type of deck.

Nightmare along with Commander Greven il-Vec hold a soft spot for me. They were the very first rares I ever physically purchased.... a long time ago. So they get included if they are available.

Wish we had a another Mire's Toll, Corrupt and a couple Bloodgift Demon's. Would also have liked to see a Phyrexian Obliterator and Tragic Slip!

what are ppl's deck list for this deck? I usually play 4player or 3 player so i'm trying to build the deck around that. Any takers care to share their deck list?
can i just say i love this deck so much ive been waiting for a proper black deck. Black isnt about just zombies or just vampires, Black is power and lots of it, want to draw cards? black does it, big creatures? got it, removal? why not, life gain? good idea! spash of mill\discard? add that flavor! bring things out of graveyards, now were having fun yea i might loose some limbs on the way but its the price we pay :D
My full decklist with a solid winrate so far is as follows:

Crippling Blight x2
Innocent Blood x2
Mire's Toll x1
Exsanguinate x2
Nantuko Shade x1
Sign in Blood x2
Infest x1
Last Kiss x1
Liliana's Specter x2
Murder x4
Underworld Dreams x2
Vampire Nighthawk x1
Warpath Ghoul x1
Befoul x2
Bloodhunter Bat x2
Mutilate x1
Nekrataal x1
Tendrils of Corruption x1
Halo Hunter x1
Rise From the Grave x1
Corrupt x1
Rune-Scarred Demon x1
Griselbrand x1
Pestilence Demon x1 

-------Explanation----------

Fume Spitter and Blister Beetle don't do enough to justify inclusion. You have plenty of removal already.

Dread Warlock is interesting, but I dislike the type exclusion.

I run a single Warpath Ghoul due to it's low cost and decent bulk.

Icy Manipulator feels too slow, and out of place.

Liliana's Shade is a high cost low efficiency creature. Not worth any slots in my opinion.

Incrimental Blight can be really useful against the mono white soldier pile, but generally is too high of a CMC.

Nightwing Shade is a worse Liliana's Specter.

I only run a single Rise from the Grave, as it is a high cost spell that can be useful in game closing, but not a core card.

Veilborn Ghoul isn't a game winning card, and can't block.

Nightmare lacks the utility of the other Ubers here.

Nightmare Incursion is really good, but with that much mana, I would prefer to have a game winning card.

Public Execution is more removal than you need.

Xathrid Gorgon isn't a game winner.

Avatar of Woe is AMAZING, but feels worse than the other ubers.

Reiver Demon has less overall utility than Pestilence Demon, especially against the popular soldiers and goblins.

Plague Wind costs a lot. :S

I run BOTH Underworld Dreams, as it is almost instant victory against Mono Blue Mill, as well as providing a win condition during games that drag out.

Corrupt and Exsanguinate are two other win condition cards, and nearly always what I grab with Ruin-Scarred Demon.
My deck list i love this so much dont think ive lost a game yet XD

Innocent Blood x 2
Exsanguinate x 2
jet medallion x 2
Nantuko Shade x 1
Sign in Blood x 2
Infest x 1
Liliana's Specter x 2
Murder x 4
Underworld Dreams x 2
befoul x2
Liliana's Shade x 4
mutilate x 1
Nekrataal x 1
Tendrils of Corruption x 1
Incrimental Blight x 1
Rise From the Grave x 2
Corrupt x 1
Griselbrand x 1
Reiver Demon x1
Plague Wind x 1

<3 having so much fun with this and so far only lost around 5% of my matches

My deck list i love this so much dont think ive lost a game yet XD

Innocent Blood x 2
Exsanguinate x 2
jet medallion x 2
Nantuko Shade x 1
Sign in Blood x 2
Infest x 1
Liliana's Specter x 2
Murder x 4
Underworld Dreams x 2
befoul x2
Liliana's Shade x 4
mutilate x 1
Nekrataal x 1
Tendrils of Corruption x 1
Incrimental Blight x 1
Rise From the Grave x 2
Corrupt x 1
Griselbrand x 1
Reiver Demon x1
Plague Wind x 1

..."" lost="" around="" 5="" of="" my="" matches="" br="">

Isnt Plgue Wind a bit costly? Against what decks have you lost? Mill? Gobos?

It's not that hard to reach that kind of late game when running all copies of Liliana's Shade. Just need to use the removal wisely and hope for the cheaper mass removal against faster decks.
brodo understands the medalons plus shades = easy mana +tones of removal means they never get a creature out and all you have to do is get 1 shade and pump it for victory or smash them with any of the last 6-7 spells there all game winners