Liliana's Deck Spoiled

46 posts / 0 new
Last post
3 x Murder is nice.  

Good all round black deck.  I assume it'll unlock some nice finishers, because it's need them.    It's early CMC creatures are also...meh.  

Glad to see Rune-Scarred Demon.
Right, Big Mana Black,  got it. But, the control element here is kind of poor. Let's hope for some good unlocks, because a really want to play MBC in DotP.

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

I hope the unlocks are good. The deck does look a little all over the place at the moment, but it offers a good base to work with. I think quite a few of the other decks spoiled so far do that same thing really well, and seeing plenty of Garruk's deck, I don't think the unlocks will disappoint overall.

Rune-Scarred Demon alone really gets my excitement going for this deck too. I've just been in love with that card since it was spoiled. So simple, but just so much fun to use.
Shouldn't this thread have an oficial name like the others?

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

Not really my kind of deck. I do like Murder, saves the annoyance of having Go for the Throat vs an artifact deck. Jet Medallion and Liliana's Shade help to build up the mana but I don't see a whole lot to do with it yet. The unlocks may help to get me a bit more excited about this deck.

A way to deal with a turn one Serra Ascendant in 2HG in the form of Innocent Blood is a good inclusion.
Something tells me that there are going to be more high end cards to fetch with Rune-Scarred.

From what I can see so far, this deck has a decent amount of stalling power but doesn't seem to have many game ending cards. I really want to see the unlocks and the non-spoiled cards.
Deck looks like its trying to do too many things imo. Im not too impressed with it so far, lets hope the unlocks add some consistency to it.
Egh...  Don't care much for this core deck.  Doesn't really have either a lot of card quality or a consistent theme.  Seems like it's trying to control and hold down the opponent while it mostly slowly whittles away at them, which I like the idea of, but this core deck just seems very haphazard and impotent in most of its efforts to that effect.
The best thing I see about this deck is that it contains both zombies and vampires. If we're lucky there won't be a tribal deck for either of them. Laughing
I'm a big fan of liliana, and discard.
But this deck compaired to what we have in 2012 is very lack lustered indeed!!

It'll be playable if griselbrand is one of the unlocks!!

I'd also would like to see homicidal seclusion as a unlock! 
^^^^^ this.

Liliana's deck is probably my favourite from DOTP 2012 but this is pretty underwhelming. I was hoping for a lot more hand/board disruption. Griselbrand as an unlock would be hilarious though. Fingers cossed.
This deck could be good. It depends on the unlocks and I'm sure they will be crazy.
Overall I'm a disappointed by this deck. I don't see a clear theme in this deck: If they dropped the discard theme why inlcude [C]Liliana's Specter[/C]?
Why are there random zombies that don't fit in this deck? The single [C]Vampire Nighthawk[/C] feels a bit off just like the two [C]Rise from the Grave[/C].
[C]Rune-Scarred Demon[/C] is cool but expensive and I don't know if this deck will survive [C=Accorder Paladin]armies[/C] [C=Elite Vanguard]of aggro soldiers[/C] or [C=Vorapede]gigantic centipedes[/C] and [C=Rampaging Baloths]angry lizards[/C].

If this deck tries to stay alive long enough to cast its huge creatures then I'll stick with Garruk.

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

im sure its gonna be a great deck they gonna have some crazy unlocks

He wasnt lying when he said intro pack level. This is very underwhelming at the moment.

30 unlocks - some for MBC, some for hand control (discard), some for Big Black. Should see us through.

Non-tribal black is a very nice set up, but if Liliana doesn't get the promo vampire then it's got its own deck coming.  Vampires and Dragons are two BIG timmy archetypes (and elves) that will always appear as decks. 
30 unlocks - some for MBC, some for hand control (discard), some for Big Black. Should see us through.

Non-tribal black is a very nice set up, but if Liliana doesn't get the promo vampire then it's got its own deck coming.  Vampires and Dragons are two BIG timmy archetypes (and elves) that will always appear as decks. 

I hope for a DLC dragon deck

I hope for a DLC dragon deck

It's either Bolas's deck or it'll come when the time is right in terms of associated product.  We have been 'spoiled' that a tournament grade dragon is in either M13 or the next block so I expect Dragons to be significant and not in a goblin munching way...
Fake unlock list begins...

2x Liliana's Specter
1x Grave Titan
1x Underworld Dreams

4x Thoughtseize lol

There the deck is good now, Think optimistic, 30 unlocks is a lot to change a bad core into a good deck, look at Dark Heavens' core deck, then look at its unlocks.

Its getting 30 new cards, this is almost the amount of cards we were revealed in this thread, almost every card can be replaced in this game. When the DLC drops and we get 40 unlocks total per deck, EVERY card can be replaced, period, and then some. We never had this flexibility before in dotp, be hopeful.

Btw if the full deck only has 2 Liliana's Specter's, it may be due to all the double deck discard complaining, I mean the main deck has no mind rot either this time. This would explain why theres so many 2 of's (not reaching over 4 of a single card in 2HG, I mean, Murder is good but its the ONLY card that is above 2 copies atm, I want consistency). Maybe they do allow double decking in the full version, who knows. I dont care tbh, but if its going to make decks less viable in traditional two player, I do care.
The decks so far look like correct 09 decks, rather than buffed or re-designed 2012 decks. It seems to me that the ideas in 09 were too concentrated in some decks in 2012, GW being one of them, while discard is all well and good, that amount of heavy discard in GW was too much and in the end, if you didnt discard the enemies hand you were sat waiting on a Titan and a sweeper . This deck so far seems to be more like the Eyes of Shadow from 09, stalling tactics with a bit of hand discard, then big creatures. Ide like to see a plague wind or other kind of sweeper to stop too much aggro getting through.
I think the deck needs...

Unlocks...

2x Fume Spitter
2x Liliana's Specter
1x Mire's Toll
1x Underworld Dreams

10x 4+ cmc cards including Grave Titan and Phyrexian Obliterator, I dont even care anymore, Im hoping for it
Hmm. Seems like this deck is themed around/meant to showcase the abilities of Liliana of the Veil (I don't know how to link cards).

Guessing there will be some powerful unlocks to balance it out.
"Some of those numbers look off? See any glaring omissions? Well, that's because what I haven't spoiled are the thirty unlocks you can earn over the course of playing games. So it's fair to say the deck can get quite a bit more powerful. I'm looking at a few different Demons, six or seven ways to kill things dead, and a really sweet piece of rk post artwork, just to name a few. But I'm not one to give away all my secrets, so as to exactly what all those unlocks are? I s'pose you'll have to find out..."

A few different demons..Mhh I hope we get cool stuff like
[C]Griselbrand[/C]
[C]Harvester of Souls[/C]
[C]Demon of Death's Gate[/C]
[C]Carnifex Demon[/C]
[C]Stronghold Overseer[/C]

rk post artwork? Does he mean a new card? Or maybe[C]Avatar of Woe[/C]?

Excellent. A mono black deck that isn't laser focused on discard. I love it!
Shouldn't this thread have an oficial name like the others?

Yes, it should have. But only when the deck name is confirmed.

Kinda weak sauce if you ask me. You would think that she would have a little bit more synergy. Everything is a bit all over the place. Some -1/-1 here and some discard there. '12's Lilliana was pretty annoying, and '09's was just fun, this looks meh by comparison. Not to mention the staple of black is to have a lot of good kill cards and I'd rather have a combination of "go for the throat" and "doom blade" at least it would keep the cmc down and allow her deck to lay waste to green and red's big critters. Hopefully she's got some aces up her sleeve in sideboard.
Kinda weak sauce if you ask me. You would think that she would have a little bit more synergy. Everything is a bit all over the place. Some -1/-1 here and some discard there. '12's Lilliana was pretty annoying, and '09's was just fun, this looks meh by comparison. Not to mention the staple of black is to have a lot of good kill cards and I'd rather have a combination of "go for the throat" and "doom blade" at least it would keep the cmc down and allow her deck to lay waste to green and red's big critters. Hopefully she's got some aces up her sleeve in sideboard.

"A few different types of demons" which are Black's heftiest game enders, as well as "six of seven different ways to kill things" which is what black does best, means really strong unlockables.

In other news, that quote states that we get 30 unlocks as opposed to 40. So...Expansion/s.
Yeah I can see where you're coming from Splattercat. I guess I'll just have to get used to the idea that Lilliana doesn't just need her enchantments to kill folks. Seeing her deck with so many critters just wasn't what I was exepting is all. I mean in previous games there were so many creature heavy decks that her deck just man-handled through destruction, discard and enchantment damage. This deck will be a bit of a different flavor than I'm used to is all. But I still hope her sideboard has something nasty to bring to the table.
Since they're making a big deal of the amount of swamps in play I hope they include 2 Lashwrithe in the unlocks.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
Those who break the rules are considered scum; but those who would betray and abandon even one of their friends, are worst than scum(Kakashi Hatake/Originally Obito Uchiha/Tobi).
I doubt that they'll integrate Phyrexian mana into the Duels games, sadly.  Lashwrithe would be an awesome addition.

I would be down for more discard in the form of Hypnotic Specter, Mind Rot, and even Duress.  Anything else they add along these lines would be good.

Big, beefy, in-theme creatures like Sheoldred, Whispering One, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, Harvester of Souls, Phyrexian Obliterator, Dread, or even Griselbrand would be great too.
I doubt that they'll integrate Phyrexian mana into the Duels games, sadly.  Lashwrithe would be an awesome addition.

Let's not let ShinHitokiri down, there is always an alternative! Although, he might really want the Lashwrithe because it comes with a body. Both are great cards with Reassembling Skeleton. I'm going to miss those guys, unless they make it into the unlocks. That'd be cool.

I'd also love to see Death Cloud assuming it get some support to help you rebound from it. Otherwise, it's just a big screw everyone at the table card.

Lastly, Pestilence + Stuffy Doll. I'd really like that.

Not to get your hopes up or anything, but in the preview version of the game there is a loading screen help page that explains Phyrexian mana. Just saying.

WiNGSPANTT is the 4th best commentator on YouTube and editor in chief of Top Tier Tactics.

Awesome!! Thanks for that.

Not to get your hopes up or anything, but in the preview version of the game there is a loading screen help page that explains Phyrexian mana. Just saying.

Gitaxian Probe = I will be extremely happy, Talrand's deck please =]

He wasnt lying when he said intro pack level. This is very underwhelming at the moment.

^This.  The game releases tomorrow on PSN and the day after for Steam and XBLA.  Might as well spoil all the decks before the community does it and gain some gratitude at the same time.  Instead we simply continue to laugh at their incompetence regarding such matters.  It's not like the deck lists will be changing between today and when 2013 releases in a day or two.

^This.  The game releases tomorrow on PSN and the day after for Steam and XBLA.  Might as well spoil all the decks before the community does it and gain some gratitude at the same time.  Instead we simply continue to laugh at their incompetence regarding such matters.  It's not like the deck lists will be changing between today and when 2013 releases in a day or two.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Hehehe.....woo...Sorry... I was laughing at their incompetence.
Looks very underwhelming so far (well, to be honest, every other spoiled deck does too, so maybe this one is not that bad after all).

At this point, this deck (as well as any other control deck in MTG) severely lacks 3 things:

- the ways to actualy win the game, not just stall. Hopefully some unlockable finishers will fix this.
- the ways to deal with opponent's bombs. Black's traditional way of doing that is targeted discard - Duress, Despise, Distress Inquisition of Kozilek, etc etc. Spot creature removal is absolutely not enough here, since some of the bombs are spells, and some creatures are near unkillable.
- the ways to catch up. Insert some board sweeper here.
I have a feeling we are going to see Unmask, there was a hint at alternate artwork in the decklist reveal article and this is one of those cards, and we desperately need more of this.

The card is obviously better later in the game but still totally usable turn 1 if you have something you feel you may not need etc.

Avatar of Woe was another card in that list and welcomed into the deck. Plus getting 10 creatures into both graveyards seems pretty simple with the cards we know of.

"Some of those numbers look off? See any glaring omissions? Well, that's because what I haven't spoiled are the thirty unlocks you can earn over the course of playing games. So it's fair to say the deck can get quite a bit more powerful. I'm looking at a few different Demons, six or seven ways to kill things dead, and a really sweet piece of rk post artwork, just to name a few. But I'm not one to give away all my secrets, so as to exactly what all those unlocks are? I s'pose you'll have to find out..."
Well, even though it's not a ramp deck Talrand does get Future Sight and TWO Rites of Replication. If anyone has ever played a 4 player game with Rites of Replication then they know that the card is a serious powerhouse.
However, I do agree Illusions>Drakes and Old Lilly>New Lilly, but New Garruk>Old Garruk and New Chandra>Old Chandra. I am on the fence on which white core deck is better. Stoneforge Mystic+Sword of War and Peace was 10 different levels of @#$%'d up, but I think the gain life package has better synergy on its side.
Edit: Quick thought I forgot to finish, it seems like they downtuned the decks that had more power and uptuned the decks that were missing some from last game. I don't know if I would call them all even, in this game, Lilly's core deck without unlocks is definitely hurting.